Sony NWZ-A816B 4GB Video Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

Sony NWZ-A816B 4GB Video - Ask a question now

“Bought the Sony NWZ-A816B 4GB (Video) for my daughters...”

Written on: 03/10/2008 by Rev Stu (4 reviews written)

Bought the Sony NWZ-A816B 4GB (Video) for my daughters 16th birthday. She wanted an Ipod of some kind but I refuse to pay a premium just for a name. This Sony has great reviews elsewhere so I went for it.

As a 16 year old style is everything and I have to say she's really pleased with it and is glad I didn't go for the Ipod! She's had some really good comments about it at school and she reckons the quality is fantastic - far better than her old Creative. She's very musical and reckons it's as good if not better than other much more expensive MP's she's listened to.

She loves the style and small size (in most pictures I looked at it appeared quite chunky, but in reality it's a really sleek little machine) and especially the way she can change the sounds with the equalizer facility. I didn't know it did that before I bought it and it really is very effective! It even has a Karaoke setting!

Set up was a doddle and without my help she'd quickly loaded all her old stuff and a whole lot more beside.

The screen is crystal clear and she finds it really easy to navigate around. I'd say the extra £10 I paid to get the video version is well worth while as the quality is brilliant.

The only slight down side is that it has to be recharged from a computer. This isn't usually a problem as the battery lasts for about 30 hrs, but when she takes it on a two week holiday and doesn't have access to a computer i can she it could run out. Personally I'd much rather it had replaceable batteries, but this is only one small blemish on an otherwise brilliant machine.

“Sony NWZ-A816B Review - I have just brought another...”

Written on: 25/08/2008 by Scottmar (4 reviews written)

Sony NWZ-A816B Review - I have just brought another sony 4gb after trying a samsung s5 and ive got to say why did i stray from sony in the first place! This sony wipes the floor with the samsung easyly! Its also in a complete diffrent class compared to the ipod! I believe this is the top best mp3 player that anyone can buy for there money! The sound is amazing, the battery is in a completely diffrent class to the ipod or the samsung, the battery just seems to go on and on and on forever!!!! Also the sony feels very well put together and reliable too. Im going to stick with sony because atleast with sony you know your getting the best! This is a must have for anyone who wants an fantastic mp3 player with a never ending battery and the best sound you will ever hear ever!!!! Very highly recommended!!!!