Berketex Bride, Newcastle Upon Tyne Reviews

Berketex Bride, Newcastle Upon Tyne - Ask a question now

“Excellent experience today ”

Written on: 21/10/2017 by Daisylola (1 review written)

Booked an appointment and after having a few bad experiences, I was a little apprehensive to say the least, to top it off I was 10 mins late, omg what an amazing experience the 2 staff that were there were absolutely lovely, put me at ease immediately,as I need to buy off the peg my wedding is soon and the dress I've bought in 2015 if now not the style or size I need, as I have lost quite a lot of weight, after searching through the rails and trying to find a dress , I was telling them I had… Read Full Review

“Fantastic”

Written on: 14/03/2015

I don't often write reviews but have to say my experience at Berketex newcastle was amazing. All the staff are very friendly and professional. I had quite a serious outbreak of psoriasis and was very conscious of it when trying on my dress and going for the fittings but I need not have worried about it it didn't phase the girls. I walked in the shop with my mum saw the perfect dress as we walked into the shop, I tried it and bought it! I went for two fittings once my dress arrived and the… Read Full Review

“Hi, after viewing other comments i just had to reply -...”

Written on: 06/05/2012

Hi, after viewing other comments i just had to reply - hope you see this: earlier this year i visited Berketex Newcastle, Justine was fantastic and ensured me and my family were welcome and involved in the experience with me - in comparison to the other reviews, i had the better of my experiences at this store and needless to say i have purchased my dress here. Prior to attending my first appointment i discussed with friends where i'd be attending; a range of stores were suggested but this… Read Full Review

“Last week I went for my first ever bridal appointment...”

Written on: 29/10/2010 by prettypolly (1 review written)

Last week I went for my first ever bridal appointment to Berketex! I was sooooo nervous when I went in and expecting the hard sell but it wasn't like that at all. I spent my appointment with Justine and she was so warm and friendly and I didn't feel intimidated at any point. She was really enthusiastic about all my bridesmaids and my mum coming with me and always took their opinions into account. I settled on a dress called Darcella which is stunning and I am using the payment plan, which I was… Read Full Review

“We recently ordered two Bridesmaid dresses (which we...”

Written on: 10/10/2010

We recently ordered two Bridesmaid dresses (which we subsequently found out were twice as expensive as those we could've bought elsewhere)from the Portsmouth Berketex store. After paying almost £600 on two dresses we were told there would be an additional £25 delivery charge if we wanted the dresses delivered elsewhere. Furthermore on receipt of the dresses , we were told that if they needed altering, we would have to take them to another location to get an independant seemstress to alter them… Read Full Review

“i'm currantly having problems with berketex, i ordered...”

Written on: 12/05/2010 by boilingpointbride (1 review written)

i'm currantly having problems with berketex, i ordered and paid £1000 in full for my berketex dress on dec 1st 09 it's now 12th may 2010 and i get mared in 3 days.....i still have no dress. their customer service is a joke, i've! had excuse after excuse as to why my dress hasn't turned up and as for where it is is anybodys guess....it's better travelled than i am. i don't intend to let this go, not until i'm duely compensated! berketex are a joke just wish i knew this before i parted with my… Read Full Review

“berketex as a large company appaling,i placed a large...”

Written on: 12/05/2010

berketex as a large company appaling,i placed a large order my wedding gown £2.000 also my bridesmaids £1.550,not interested when they receive your money.
they sweep you off your feet to buy then the least little problem no responce what so ever.i wanted to cancel my tiara and they couldnt even return my calls or answer my letters as a i was told to do.

getting married should be the most happy time of your life it has not been for me thanks to berketex.
mind you it will not stop me enjoying my… Read Full Review

“My best friend bought her dress from Berketex in...”

Written on: 23/12/2009 by bex13 (1 review written)

My best friend bought her dress from Berketex in Newcastle and we had such a great time choosing the dress and attending the fittings that when it was my turn to get married I decided to go there myself. I fell in love with a dress called 'Sandra' When the dress came in I was so excited and the ladies in the store made me feel like a princess! I collected my dress yesterday and I can't wait to wear it on my Wedding Day!!… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to bex13's Review

Written on: 13/04/2012

Thank god I have found a good review, I had just ordered my dress from them a couple of weeks ago, not getting married until June 2013 but started to worry reading all these!! They were wonderful with me made feel amazing and they had the perfect dress for me!!! Please let my experience be like yours!!!

Read 1 Comment

“I purchased my beautiful wedding gown from Berketex...”

Written on: 23/12/2009 by Tammibarber (1 review written)

I purchased my beautiful wedding gown from Berketex bride in Sheffield and had the most amazing experience. From the minute i walked in to the day i received my gown the staff could not do enough to ensure i had the wedding dress i had always dreamed of… Read Full Review

“Most shops will be sympathetic if after leaving a £400...”

Written on: 16/11/2009

Most shops will be sympathetic if after leaving a £400 deposit on a wedding dress you decide it was a wrong decision! Berketex wouldn't even let my daughter move the deposit onto accessories. It wasn't a special order dress just a off the peg end of line, which could have been put back on the peg. When they have got your money they are not open to any negotiations whatsoever they just want to keep it without giving you anything if they can. So any bride who is over exited about buying their… Read Full Review

Jojo78's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2009

My friend bought her dress from a Berketex sale and was told when she bought it there were no refunds or returns on sale items,she had to sign a form that said that too. Were you not told this?

Mrsjones2B's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2011

I wish that I had seen these reviews before buying from Berketex brides. I attended a sale day, when in the shop the assistants although lovely did not show me any of the sale dresses, when requested to was shown a small rail with maybe 10 dresses all of which were size 10 & 12 no good for me. I ended up seeing a lovely dress "Adrienne" its was super duper flattering and in haste paid £400 of it straight away the dress over all was £1200. After a few weeks and looking over pic decided that maybe I had acted to fast I went back to Berketex when I told them they said that if I decided to change my dress I could move the £400 over to another dress GREAT........ but it would cost me another £350 for the pleasure. The dress I had ordered had not been altered and it was only 2 weeks after 1st ordering it, the other dress that I saw and fell in love with was £100 cheaper Im so dissapointed, I cannot afford another £350 on top making the nicer less expensive dress £1450. They neglected to tell me about the small exchange fee.I am glad that everything else about my day will be perfect but as for Berketex brides and there dresses I would not recomend them.

Read 2 Comments

“I am a curvy size 22 and found my experience at...”

Written on: 22/09/2009 by jojo78 (1 review written)

I am a curvy size 22 and found my experience at Berketex Newcastle fantastic! I tried on at least 6 dresses and just loved the first one I tried on. All the staff at Berketex Newcastle were lovely and I loved my whole experience there.
I got married 2 weeks ago and from buying my dress to coming for my fittings I found all the ladies at Berketex professional and lovely… Read Full Review

“Berketex, Oxford Street. Daughter ordered dress and...”

Written on: 08/08/2009 by Mary Swadling (1 review written)

Berketex, Oxford Street. Daughter ordered dress and paid in full last year.Dress arrived several sizes too large and even after altering was still not a correct fit. Staff very unprofessional, chatting amongst themselves, having domestics and kept waiting for appointment. Would advise anyone thinking of buying a dress do NOT go to Berketex in Oxford Street… Read Full Review

“I hate berketex bridge, newcastle!! went in with my...”

Written on: 09/07/2009 by louise79 (1 review written)

I hate berketex bridge, newcastle!! went in with my mam whilst looking for a wedding dress. They looked me up and down and pronounced they'd have nothing to fit me in the shop before walking off!!!! I'm a size 16… Read Full Review

Jojo78's Response to 472352_louise79's Review

Written on: 21/09/2009

I am a curvy size 22 and found my experience at Berketex Newcastle fantastic! I find it hard to believe that you were told they had nothing to fit you? I tried on at least 6 dresses and just loved the first one I tried on. All the staff at Berketex Newcastle were lovely and I loved my whole experience there.
<br/>I got married 2 weeks ago and from buying my dress to coming for my fittings I found all the ladies at Berketex professional and lovely.
<br/>

Jojo78's Response to 472352_louise79's Review

Written on: 21/09/2009

Read 2 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“Hated the whole experience in Berketex chester. Staff...”

Written on: 10/06/2009 by BRID3 2 B (1 review written)

Hated the whole experience in Berketex chester. Staff where very pushy and reluctant to let me try several dresses on even though I had an appointment.
Ended up putting deposit on dress I hate, all complaints, communications with Berketex have been ignored… Read Full Review

“Berketex Bride, Newcastle Upon Tyne - Dress was...”

Written on: 09/08/2008

Berketex Bride, Newcastle Upon Tyne - Dress was supposed to arrive 4-5 weeks before the wedding, when rang for fitting appointment was told they didn't know the whereabouts of my dress, i have now been told the dress will not arrive till 5 working days prior to the wedding and I am spending 2 full days at the shop to have the dress fitted.

I was measured at the shop as a standard size 16 but i was actually a comfortable street size 14?

I felt I was pressured by them, and panic bought my… Read Full Review