Nikon D700 Reviews

Nikon D700
4.8

Summary

Find and compare Nikon D700 reviews at Review Centre. Search our reviews to find it this is the best camera for you.
Nikon D700 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nikon D700

“Great kind!”

written by alicewhat420 on 19/10/2021

I have this for 6 years now and it's still so good. The pictures are still vibrant and pretty as ever. This is one of the best Nikon has. Certainly worth the money and it has been in all of my travels!

“Cool camera”

written by Avlola on 14/09/2018

I have been using this camera for several years. I really like this model, there are many modes, you can put any lens. The quality of the photos is very good. I do not want to buy a newer model, everything suits me.

“NIKON D700 CAMERA excellent with 60 x optical zoom too”

written by AndrewWrob on 12/06/2017

I purchased a Nikon D700 60 x zoom camera (20 megapixels) from Jessops on 8th June 2017. Next day delivery, free, and in perfect condition with superb customer service. I am so so impressed with this camera I have to say, my last camera from 2010, was another make with 8 megapixels and 18 x zoom, and I can't believe how more advanced cameras are. Even taking a photo of the moon on a clear night with full 60 x zoom, (and you can imagine the amount of 'shake' involved at that zoom level) produced amazing results due to the excellent image stabilizer facility added. Another few photos included taken (even) from behind glass, showing original, then the zoomed version. Video up to 4k is not a problem here too, and still images right up to 5500 pixels wide, in jpeg and raw quality, and stereo mic recording. Yes two microphones. There are the usual auto and manual settings, large enough screen to view images, and best of all a rechargeable battery. It's ok having cameras with 4 x AA batteries, but I have yet to come across a camera using AA batteries which lasts very long. I totally recommend this camera, an absolute bargain, it's so good, that sadly all my other cameras have been ignored now, but this sadly is progress for us all.

“An awesome camera!”

written by Neil.Jones on 28/02/2013

I purchased the Nikon D700 about three weeks ago now and it is an awesome camera. My previous frame of reference is my four year old Canon 20D and the D700 beats the Canon on every front. The added dynamic range of the Nikon's full-frame sensor means most photos are well exposed - including the sky and shadows. Often only minor adjustments are required post camera (I use Lightroom 2). I've also found that the autofocus on the Nikon D700 is light years ahead of the Canon. Focusing is not a problem. Then there is the low light performance of the Nikon D700. Wow! Indoor photography without flash is now possible. I purchased my D700 in a kit with Nikon's 24-120 mm zoom lense with vibration reduction. The vibration reduction combined with the ability to shoot at higher ISO settings means photos of moving subjects can be shot at higher shutter speeds - resulting in less blur. Overall, I am very satisfied with the D700.

“People seeing me pull out the Nikon D700 often comment...”

written by Robert Malcolm on 23/03/2010

People seeing me pull out the Nikon D700 often comment that it's a big camera. It is, but it's dwarfed by my F5. The best thing about this camera is the sensor, as far as I'm concerned. So far I've used it in low light, bright light, room light and it just performs. I'm using a lot less film as a result. The basic settings are similar to my F5, and then we get to the menus. At first, I kept losing things in the sub-menu system, but after some practice it becomes easier. A lot of 2-button operations, as with most Nikons. The only thing that I don't like is that it can be switched on accidentally if in a loose bag, which happened a lot on my old Fuji (but the Nikon switch has a stiffer action). It doesn't have video capability, but that's okay for purists. With an 80-200 f2.8 it weighs in at 3 kg, so consider weight if you're thinking of buying.

“Just bought this camera from a friend who was...”

written by inferno671 on 16/03/2010

Just bought this camera from a friend who was upgrading to a newer model and I have to say, it's the best camera I've ever owned. The picture quality is unbelievable.

The 12.1 megapixels is more than enough for the amatuer photography I do and there are bundles of other features that a more seasoned professional would find useful, but for me, I'm just happy with the amazing sharpness on all my new pictures. It's like HD, only for cameras!

“Have to admit I am impressed with this Nikon D700...”

written by brian102 on 18/05/2009

Have to admit I am impressed with this Nikon D700 camera (purchased after some time pondering reviews etc). Ok not quite a D3. But close enough and a lot lower cost.

Nice to buy something you don't regret buying!

“The Nikon D700 has very good High resolution, fast,...”

written by syzygos7 on 13/03/2009

The Nikon D700 has very good High resolution, fast, solid, bright viewfinder, dynamic range and color great customization. the best over all DSLR today....the only downfall is the dust removal.

Inferno671's Response to 447610_syzygos7's Review

Written on: 16/03/2010

I've not had an issue with the dust removal yet, but for when I do, did you find a way to get rid of it or prevent it?

“Nikon D700 is a great full-frame camera for pros. It...”

written by shutternut228 on 16/10/2008

Nikon D700 is a great full-frame camera for pros. It has 12.1 megapixels, ISO 100-25600, 51-point AF system, live view and active d-lighting tone control.