Hillarys Blinds www.hillarys.co.uk

Hillarys Blinds www.hillarys.co.uk
3.3

Hillarys Blinds www.hillarys.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hillarys Blinds www.hillarys.co.uk

“Custom colour not a close match”

written by Unhappyclient3 on 02/06/2024

TL;DR: Do not expect a custom colour to be the colour you want. Hillarys does not care. Recently, I bought a house and had it remodelled. So I ordered several shutters (for 4 rooms), roller blinds for 2 rooms, pull-down blinds for my kitchen doors, and Velux blinds for 3 Velux windows. The quality is good - with one small caveat which I’ll get into later. The installation was fantastic. However, I chose a custom colour for the shutters and it came out all wrong. Hillarys has chosen to do nothing about it. I wanted to match the Farrow & Ball paint I chose for the trim around my windows and baseboards and general trim around the whole house, Wimborne White. For those unfamiliar with it, Wimborne White is a warm, creamy white. The Wimborne White Hillarys gave me is a cool-toned white. In fact, it is so cool-toned that it looks almost grey. And I spent a large sum of money eradicating all grey from the house. It looks just “off” inside the windows that have Wimborne White all around them. In fact, on the day it was installed, 15 March 2024, my builder called me in a panic and said the installer should stop as it looks completely wrong. Today is 1 June 2024 and I received my final “We are choosing to do nothing about your issue” email. I want to pause here with the negative and give a positive review for the installer. He was great! The installation was great and he worked very quickly. I have nothing but praise for him. Back to the Wimborne White… I emailed Hillarys immediately with my concern about the colour. I emailed multiple photographs. Their response was that I had ordered Wimborne White and I received Wimborne White and thus there is nothing that they would do. Yes, this is true on the surface level. But their factory’s Wimborne White is not the same as the one that comes out of the F & B paint can! I understand that matching colours can come out a shade or two different. This would be fine. But to go from warm to cool is totally different. Furthermore, for some reason, the cool-toned white makes the shutters look cheap and plastic-like. I was assured that I had bought the top of the line wooden shutters. Sadly, they do not look it. There were numerous emails back and forth regarding the colour. Finally, they sent someone to come look at it in person. The person they sent is 1. an independent contractor who could not make any decisions about what to do because independent contractors cannot do this (not his fault - completely Hillarys fault for sending an independent contractor) and 2. colour blind. I find it laughable that they sent a colour blind person to check on the nuances of a colour! By this point, I just had to laugh at everything that was happening. The independent contractor did bring samples of their standard white shutter colours and my shutters match one of those standard white colours more than it matches the F & B Wimborne White. The last insult was being addressed as “Mr” in an email. How careless. In fact, that sums up my experience: careless. The irony of this is that the only compensation I requested was the price difference between standard white shutters and custom colour. This request is more than reasonable. Considering the multiple thousands of pounds (£7k plus) I spent on the shutters and blinds, a few hundred pounds is nothing. And I requested it only for the two front rooms, as those are the ones that had the very obviously-different F & B trim around the windows. It was not so obvious in the other two rooms so I was happy to let those slide. It is not about receiving the reimbursement itself; it is the principle that their colour is wrong and having that acknowledged. I feel every single person at Hillarys I contacted (email and telephone) failed miserably to understand that *their* Wimborne White is not the same Wimborne White that comes from the F & B paint can. (I had Wimborne White throughout my house and the builders used a lot of cans so it’s not as if this varied from just one can.) They kept saying the shutters were free from any defect. I never claimed there was a defect with the actual shutters. My claim is that their version of Wimborne White is not the same as the original. Every single visitor I’ve had to my house agrees that the two colours (the F & B Wimborne White and their version of it) look completely different. Lastly, I kept requesting that their factory be informed of this error, as I do not want other people to be as gravely disappointed with their shutters as I was. There was zero acknowledgement of that, either. I have more Velux blinds to order but will never return to Hillarys.

“Save your time & money and go elsewhere”

written by MorganScaiffe on 10/04/2024

I should have researched the earlier as having seen all the negative reviews, I would not have ordered from them. Incredibly disappointed. I expected sooo much more when I ordered expensive (£674) made to measure roman blinds. The quality of the blinds was shocking- they were stained, had threads hanging off of them and lacked interlining (so light comes through the blind itself at the seams). They were made to measure, but measurements must have been wrong as 2 did not even reach the window seal and light streams in from the sides and the bottom. Installation was not much better as 2 were crooked (not sure if due to installation or how badly they were made.) And the pull cord that goes through the safety latch that was drilled into the wall is so tight, you struggle to close and open the blind. I called Hillarys and was asked to email photos and my complaint. It took them over a week to respond. After chasing, finally spoke to someone who offered a full refund or 20% off if I keep them. I think we can all agree that these blinds are not worth £505..... Regardless, the holes will need to be filled and the window areas will need to be re-painted and I have now have no window coverings and need to start the process all over. Customer service is minimal and they do not give the impression of caring about customer satisfaction. Would NEVER recommend and would give no stars if possible. Save yourself some time and money and go elsewhere- Hillarys does not care about you.

“Refunds”

written by Sampson139 on 08/04/2024

They took £1000deposit in Oct 23for the 3 blinds and shutters for the bay window three blinds okay but the shutters were the wrong size finally got the refund in April although the girls at customer service were polite ect the time for the refund was abysmal I suggest as they are overpriced don't bother ????

“poor service”

written by on 01/04/2024

Do not be fooled by the glossy T.V. advert.They take your money and then give false installation dates.The final straw is having to dispose of ALL rubbish yourself...Customer service is a joke...

“Quality is dreadful”

written by Wearenothappy on 29/03/2024

I had used Hillary's blinds in a previous property,so was confident enough to use them again.What a disappointment.The roller blind is OK but the vertical one is terrible.I have to adjust it by hand every time because the slats are not evenly spaced so do not act as a blind.I have to space them out manually.A part has already broken twice.It all seems very cheap.

“Worst blinds ever”

written by Superhoops2009 on 26/03/2024

Spent over £1300 on blinds that only lasted a couple a months had to call the out 5 time and still no outcome did not fit child safety clips with is against the the health and safety act I’m left with blinds I can’t use and refuse me a refund am now seeing legal advice with the small claims court do not wast ur time and money not good

“I was so happy with my new blinds today The quality...”

written by MatthewConnolly218 on 20/03/2024

I was so happy with my new blinds today The quality the new features , child safety fittings , a new and much easier way of opening and closing the blinds are so much easier . I recommend Hilary’s to my friends and family . And will always buy from Hilary’s as I have over the last 20 years . A friendly service from the fitter who also cleaned any mess he may of left . Thankyou so much .

“Very Disappointed ???? ”

written by AliAsh on 15/03/2024

Sadly what started out to be a good experience has unfortunately turned into a nightmare. I had Hillarys to do my entire 4 bedroom brand new house. The fitter arrived on the 15th December 2023 with everything and got straight to work. When it came to fitting the last curtains in the dining area the wrong tracks had been sent. The fitter said that he could temporarily put up some track so that the curtains could hang but we couldn't close them, we agreed that would be ok until the new tracks arrived. The fitter spoke with Hillarys who reordered the 2 tracks. We were advised that the tracks would be fitted after Christmas. Fast forward to today we are still waiting for the correct tracks, allegedly the tracks either don't turn up they arrived wrong or damaged. We have paid Hillarys over £4000 in November 2023 and still waiting for the job to be finished. My kitchen patio doors/windows look awful with the makeshift track, that is in 4 pieces, everyone remarks on it, it's embarrassing really let's my new home down. I am tired of messaging the fitter and calling and emailing Hillarys, nobody calls me back, one girl called over a week ago at the fitters request as he has had enough aswell and quite frankly she was very rude and abrupt. I am really upset and I have just been again that the tracks were not on the fitters delivery today. I don't understand why it is so difficult to get 2 x 3.5 uncorded tracks. 15th March 2024 This response to my review is the quickest I have ever received, to be honest I haven't received many responses. It's sad that it has taken this to wake someone up. All I want is my dining area curtains finished. Date of experience: 15 December 2023

“Avoid ”

written by Steve777hdjdk7 on 08/03/2024

They mis lead customers saying shutters will arrive in February when I placed the order in December. Then they say won’t come until April. They just take money and then arrive way later date than they say. Also others I know say they are of very pool quality and fitted wrong

“Pretty blinds but they do not last long”

written by Peterdrayton on 29/02/2024

Got very expensive blinds put into our flat 6 years ago. However if you need anything repaired, after two years it is out of warranty. Meaning even if it's just a minor fix like a broken roller or it's coming loose from the ceiling (nearly all of ours). They refuse to fix it. They will only make you pay full price for brand new ones. No negotiation at all. So hundreds or maybe thousands of pounds again because of a tiny mechanical fault. Luckily I found a blinds repair shop that fixed one for £30. What's worse, nearly every single pattern we bought now doesn't exist. So if we did buy a replacement it wouldn't match any of the others that we currently have (kind of feel like they do this on purpose to make you replace the whole lot for thousands more. Don't use these people. Buy much cheaper but equally nice blinds from somewhere else, get them installed by any mildly competent (but much cheaper) handyman and then just make sure you know how to take them on and off the walls if they ever need to be repaired, you'll be sorted for a lifetime.

Flashmon's Response to Peterdrayton's Review

Written on: 08/03/2024

Yes, same has just happened to us. Bought very expensive electric blinds for our house and one of the two stopped working because the recharging lead would no longer go into the slot as over time the pins had bent. Phoned Hillary’s and they got a customer service man to talk on the phone and he concluded that the motor needed replacing and he would get someone to call back re the next stage. Had a phone call from Hillary’s this morning who said that as we were out of guarantee we would have to replace our complete blind at full price. They did have the motors but would only let us purchase one if under guarantee. Again that means replacing both blinds at full cost. What an unhelpful greedy company. They have made a minor incident into a catastrophic one for us. Thank you very much Hillary Never again.

“Shambolic”

written by AdamMcDermott on 22/02/2024

When I placed the order, I was given a 10 week lead time from ordering. I had to pay 50% upfront only to receive an email the next day saying it would be 13 weeks. Not exactly the start I was hoping for. Other than the odd email to say that they were having difficulties with the red sea, it was left to myself to contact Hillarys to provide an update. I was told that due to the lengthy lead time that I was now experiencing that a discount would be applied at the end of the install. Several more weeks passed, and several further phone calls took place where I shared my frustration only to be told that they are not in control of the red sea issues. Here's my point. Hillarys choose to import from China because it's cheaper for them. They get nice fat margins off the back of cheap labour. This isn't my concern. You could have them made in the UK, but they choose not to. This is a business decision that they implemented. We the customers are now the ones who are affected. After 17 long weeks of waiting, my shutters were finally fitted. The discount they offered was £100 off a £5,000 order. If you have the choice, buy from a company who make shutters in the UK. The customer care with Hillarys has been horrendous and they have taken zero responsibility for this and passed the buck. Any date they give you is based on them securing your order, do not be surprised when they tell you that due to conditions outside of their control that you can join the queue in phoning them, because they surely won't bother picking the phone up and updating you themselves.

“A very pleasant experiance”

written by Liz1945 on 22/02/2024

I first had the pleasure of meeting the advisor a few weeks ago when he expertly measured my windows for blinds. Today he returned to fit them and I was immediately put at ease by his professionalism and kindness. The blinds fit perfectly and he took time to make sure I knew how to work them,. { they are electric} I can't thank Hillarys enough,

“Disgusting customer care”

written by iwCoyne164 on 06/02/2024

3 blinds for my elderly fathers bay window were measured wrongly, Hillarys only want to replace one of them, contacted numerous times to say we are not happy with only one blind actually being made too wide to compensate for the side blinds that are too narrow and look ridiculous and allow people to see into the room from outside clearly. Lots of promises of account managers and field managers calling back but has not happened. Seems the only way is to seek advice and contact bank to help get a refund as many other disgruntled customers seem to have had to resort to. Terrible company that take your money and then ignore you. Avoid at all costs !!!! I wish I had read reviews before I ordered !!

“Palace”

written by M.Jarvis on 03/02/2024

Excellent service, quick and efficient. My mum is very elderly so wary of someone in the house. She was delighted as was I with his professionalism. Would definitely recommend.

“DO NOT USE ”

written by Bennettjq242 on 14/01/2024

Please do not ever use this evil company. NO SUPPORT offered !!! I have endless issues with my roman blinds! Fitting is not right ! Waste of Money! They have all broken. The man who came to my flat forced me and my girlfriend to pay, he bulled us into it. I will never order from Hillarys again !! My flat is in aldershot and looks a mess. They took my money £650 I hate you for what you did to me!

“Don’t touch this firm”

written by qqDay98 on 10/01/2024

Don’t touch this firm. I would give zero stars if I could. I asked for shear blinds that I could see through and got thick white blinds. One was measured wrong and didn’t fit. They scratched my wall, left all their packaging behind, hung curtains the wrong way round and at the wrong level. When I complained they just said they’d fitted what I ordered and refused to give any compensation and refused to address the points I made about the poor workmanship or damage to my property. Awful experience. Am stuck paying full price for blinds I don’t want.

“Blinds”

written by Joan1960 on 17/12/2023

After receiving excellent service a few years ago didnt think twice about using them again but the company has certainly gone downhill. Assumed the Agent was experienced in measuring for blinds but a couple were measured incorrectly. One of these they took away to cut down but when it came back the edges of slats on one side were not straight so blind had to be replaced along with another one. Anorher couple of blinds fitted on wrong sides of bay windows and had to be swapped over. I assumed the fitters would have had a breakdown of which blinds went where. Even now I feel the fitting of the blinds are not quite right. Would not use Hillarys again and certainly wouldn't recommend them

“No customer service ”

written by Ama60 on 12/12/2023

A representative came and measured, very professional, goodish quote. I just wanted a idea of price and was ready to order, then emails texts were over powering Then HILLARYS fabulous sale was advertised, I emailed, rang to ask about this but not one person from Hillary’s replied They’ve lost out on a nearly a couple of thousand pounds

“Diabolical ”

written by UnhappyRosie on 27/10/2023

Do not use this Company. Fitter broke conservatory roof glass while fitting roof blinds weeks ago. We are left with part fitted blinds and a room we cannot use. Customer services do not want to know and will not acknowledge our complaint as a formal complaint or answer questions raised. Apparently the onus is on us to get quotes for repair but there is nothing to say this on their contract provisions. This is all they keep saying. Disgusting customer care - we will have to go to law.

“Diabolical Customer service. Shoddy products.”

written by Susiejbrown21 on 27/09/2023

Bought ceiling blinds for conservatory cost over £3000. Next month bought electric awning with free patio heater on offer. Ceiling blinds gone baggy and keep falling down! Patio heater never materialized and Hilary's now denying it was on offer when I ordered on 13th June!! CS person said they never had that offer and I'm looking at the leaflet! Don't ever use them. I wish I'd seen all these reviews before I did! Worst company I've ever had to deal with. I wait with bated breath to see if they actually do fix my blinds otherwise its trading standards next. Would give 0 stars if i could.

Asked by Dawnbancroft on 18th February 2024 Report this content
Do you sell net curtain

Asked by barneyping on 26th January 2017 Report this content
Could you give a rough estimate of the cost of vertical blinds for a window, width 2 metres, and height 11/2metres?

Asked by PixieCornwall on 13th September 2016 Report this content
Please can you help me with regards my nectar points. I paid by card to the supplier, but could not give any nectar card details. How can I claim my nectar points please? Kind Regards