Parkdean, Pendine Sands, Carmathen Reviews

Parkdean, Pendine Sands, Carmathen
3.7

Parkdean, Pendine Sands, Carmathen - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Parkdean, Pendine Sands, Carmathen

“Had a lovely relaxing holiday at Pendine sands static...”

written by Melc68 on 15/09/2023

Had a fantastic time at Pendine holiday park in Carmathen. We stayed at Duke's Meadows. It was like home from home, everything you need and a very comfy stay. Thank you your Bordeux holiday home was absolutely beautiful and we will be returning soon. You should be so proud. Staff were great and everything was spotless *****

“Net curtains privacy”

written by on 28/09/2021

Please could you hang net curtains in the bedrooms. Just for privacy sake. This caravan (429)is on the main "drag" for traffic and pedestrians. Some net curtains would mean we can open the curtains by more than 2" to natural daylight and have a cuppa without being oggled by be van drivers and passers by. Thanks

“Brilliant”

written by 5353 on 26/09/2021

We visited 20/9/21 to24/9/21.lovely site.caravan was immaculate.the cleaners deserve medals they surely go that extra mile on clensiness.we really enjoyed everything bout the park.all staff very friendly.would defo visit again.well done all,keep up the good work n stay safe.

“wonderful ”

written by on 07/04/2013

My wife and I decided to take a break from our usual kiln park annual break with our daughter and try a different park! I found that it not only cost less but we seamed to enjoy our selfs. there was things going on during the day which amused my daughter and we all had a good nights entertainment every evening. only 20-30 mins from saundersfoot and tenby! in all, awsome!

“Fantastic! The caravan (although not advertised as one...”

written by MrsF1982 on 23/09/2010

Fantastic! The caravan (although not advertised as one of the new ones) was modern, clean and extremely comfortable. The Venue was great fun for the kids who thoroughly enjoyed every second of the entertainment throughout the day, although the food was overpriced for the quality? But the staff were brilliant! The amusements would be my only complaint, when we did have a go with the younger children, the staff in this area alone were rude, unhelpful and really upset my young children .... but that was just the staff in the amusement area. The other staff in the club more than made up for the poor attitudes of the amusement staff.
The beach was a few seconds away and was perfect! Local attractions such as Oakwood, Tenby and Saundersfoot were amazing. The locals were friendly, helpful, and would chat for hours if you let them!
I intend to return again in the near future, but i hope by then, that someone would have had a little chat with the ladies in the amusement area!
Highly recommended!

“This is our family review for pendine sands , and i am...”

written by katbea123 on 29/08/2010

This is our family review for pendine sands , and i am sorry to say i found the whole place a let down , when we first arrived we were given a key to a caravan that wasn't there and had to go back and forth to the reception to get a caravan , i was not happy as my family had just travelled 5 and a half hours to get there. The site was too spaced out and we were put a long way away from the facilities. The pool was cold and very small and once it was full you had to work on a one in one out basis which is no good if you had a family of four.There was two lifeguards on and one spent most of his time outside on the patio on his mobile phone.while the other did all the work. on the monday morning we were woke up to the firing range going off every 15 minutes , my daughter was scared to death and she is only 5 , this is not mentioned in the brouchure and neither is the fact that everything is spaced out .We found the caravans very dated and for what we paid would have expected more of them , the caravan we had was obviuosly used for people who brought their pets and i am a asthmatic so really wasn't pleased to find dog hair in one of the bedrooms on our arrival ,over the last 6 years we have travelled to many caravan sites all over England and i have to say i felt let down when i came away . my family went to the duck in pub and the barman complain about running out of lager everytime you went for a berverage.I have never ever complain about a site before in my life but this site was a let down and i would say it was more for couples than families.

“Parkdean holiday park in pendine was great,caravan we...”

written by Mrs Brunt on 22/06/2010

Parkdean holiday park in pendine was great,caravan we were in had a sea view caravan was very clean(take your own toilet rolls as you don't get any) the beach was over the road. We took a ride into Tenby lovely town with an amazing beach we parked in a multi-story carpark round the corner from the beach and to park all day until 11.59pm was only £1.40 then the next day we visited Saundersfoot another lovely town and amazing beach to park right by the beach all day was only £1.80 i could not belive how cheap it was to park would def go back again and i am already planning our next holiday there.

“Park Dean Pendine Sands was a really nice place for a...”

written by on 16/01/2010

Park Dean Pendine Sands was a really nice place for a break. The staff were all friendly, couldn't fault anyone. The park is alongside a quiet road, and it's just a quick walk to the village (town?). There are a few little shops, pubs and cafes so you have a choice. It's a quick walk to the beach, which is lovely. There are caves to explore and footpaths up the cliffs. The park was clean and quiet. We had most of our evening meals in the club house and found it was value for money. The staff doing the entertaining made an effort, and the little ones were clearly having a wonderful time. The caravans were the same you'd find at any Park Dean site, ours was clean and tidy. It feels very safe there, even walking around at night. Everything is close together, no need to get in the car. Perfect for a relaxing and quiet holiday.

Plb123's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2010

I found this review very helpful because...it was very positive

Ant1988's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2011

i found this review helpful. enough detail. I'm glad the caravans are clean and tidy, I'm glad you feel the park is safe as I'm taking 2 children so that is the most important for me. Thanks

“We booked a caravan at pendine sands, as we had...”

written by on 06/11/2009

We booked a caravan at pendine sands, as we had children taking with us. to our delight the caravn was absoulty stunning, very comfortable, and well equipped, we had a dog and were shocked at the caravan as we were not expecting what we got! The coastal views and surrounding were fabulous, and the beach welcomed the dog, it also had hill sides which were a great pass time to climb. However the venue is portrayed in the cataloge as part of the park, which it is not (only rented from the for children entertainment). we were not happy with the venue "ammusments" as the staff that they had on duty were not very helpful and spoke to my eldest child (when she had put her money into the dance machine that was not correctly working) as if she was nothing, and told her that th £2 she had lost in the machine was her own fault and she was not giving her the money back (to an 8 year old this was a horrible experince).

But dispite this the holiday was lovely and it was just a shame that ill mannered staff were on to upset the children.

I would reccomend this holiday to someone who has no children and wanted a break from the maddness of city life but wanted to be local to shops takeaway ect(ie looking for a beach, hiking ect) not reccomending it for children simply on our experince.

“Having stayed on the Parkdean Pendine Holday village...”

written by on 10/08/2009

Having stayed on the Parkdean Pendine Holday village caravan park several times i find it tranquil and clean. The beach is safe,clean, excellent for playing games or just walking. The facilities in pendine are minimal but enough. There is plenty of food outlets and are all good. It is close enough to many attractions if you want an active holdiay but tucked away enough if you want a quiet and relaxing time.

“Having just spent a week at Pendine Sands I have this...”

written by on 05/08/2009

Having just spent a week at Pendine Sands I have this review. It is a great place to get off the grid as mobiles will have no reception (at best very, very minimal). The Welsh version of advertisements is comical, Pendine Funfair as advertised consisted of 5 shows. Must admit the area is lovely and peaceful and very quaint. The cleanliness of the area is outstanding (something other councils could learn lessons from). Every food outlet in Pendine served excellent meals in terms of taste and quality and can fully recommend any and all for a meal.

The beach at Pendine looks excellent at first glance with a gentle slope and my children loved it, so did myself until I had the occasion to be there at low tide. All I saw at the waters edge was sewage slurry in quite congealed proportions (absolutely revolting). Up until that point my impression was favourable but now my opinion is on of disgust.

Overall if you want a nice peaceful holiday or just a rest then Pendine Sands is ideal just don't go in the water.

“We had a 4 day break here and only chose the site for...”

written by sunsh1ne on 09/09/2008

We had a 4 day break here and only chose the site for its proximity to Oakwood Theme Park which is by far the best theme park we've been to for all round family fun.
Our caravan was virtually brand new and we could see the sea. Children loved rock pooling on the beach.
The chip shop outside the site it is disgusting.

“The beach, although this is not part of the park like...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 03/09/2008

The beach, although this is not part of the park like it is made out in the brochure. Out of date caravans, site is fragmented and divided by the road. Probably the worst park I have ever stayed in.