Howdens Kitchens - www.howdens.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Howdens Kitchens - www.howdens.com

Howdens Kitchens www.howdens.com

“A Disgusting disgraceful company ”

Written on: 30/09/2022 by Customerjjb (1 review written)

They Have put a CCJ on my credit file after paying a bill late after being in contact with them and spending thousands paid up to date as discussed. £170 of additional charges they make up.. no phone call or email just a letter that was missed. No help just rude when explaining There employee is a disgrace rude unhelpfull disgusting way to treat a customer will never use again and will take further stay away from these absolute scoundrels

“Bermondsey Branch Service ”

Written on: 03/08/2022 by 4Bell (1 review written)

I simply popped in to look at the design that was generated via Croydon branch (builders location). I am based near Bermondsey local branch . I am compelled to name the staff member because he was patient, extremely helpful and engaged as if it was his kitchen. A small galley kitchen that most would roll their eyes because of the intensity and energy I was exerting. Not him, he remained fully engaged and never lost focus. His attention to detail and design overview was comforting and not 'pushy salesmanship. He was not going to make a sale from me, however, his ideas and enthusiasm caused me to review previous decisions. If you are visiting the Bermondsey branch, a quaint, friendly team, but he was the staff member who deserves to be acknowledged by management. He is my plumb line in terms of customer service and is a credit to Howdens.

“Terrible customer service ”

Written on: 19/10/2021 by Bart123. (1 review written)

Howdens Erith branch is an absolute joke . Save yourself time and money and avoid

“Stay clear of Howdens Wandsworth!!”

Written on: 22/08/2021 by Howdens_ruined_Ross (1 review written)

Stay clear!!!! Howdens put a credit facility onto my account when I had requested not to have one. They then allowed a random person to access that credit facility (not me) resulting in my account going into default. Howdens then put a CCJ against my name after they had illegally provided a random person access to my unapproved credit facility. This company has very weak processes when it comes to storing, retaining and using personal information correctly and inline with the law and can result in yourself not being able to work if you get a CCJ and are self employed. My advice to all is to not engage with Howdens Wandsworth if you dont have to.

“Love my kitchen!”

Written on: 14/07/2021 by Lovemynewkitchen (1 review written)

I would recommend Howdens without hesitation. The quality of the various elements (I went for the middle range doors Fairford cashmere) are very good and the design is excellent. With such a complicated project, cupboards, worktops, floors, sinks, taps, lighting ,for both kitchen and utility room there will always be the odd problem but I think the sign of a good business is how quick things are put right. I was incredibly impressed with the speed and good nature that any little thing was corrected, and we are talking hours not days! Given Covid restrictions the showroom experience was as good as possible and I was given plenty of time to make my choices, in fact you are spoilt for choice! The only reason I have not given 5 stars is the sub-contractors they use. There was a problem with the dishwasher which was sub-contracted out and it became far more complicated than necessary. Otherwise, very happy indeed.

“Our cream kitchen is grey”

Written on: 21/06/2021

We've just had a Howdens kitchen installed. We wanted a cream kitchen and the Hockley Super Matt Sandstone seemed just right, judging from the photos in the Howdens brochure and on their website. The kitchen is now installed - and it's grey! There is no doubt about it. It isn't just our opinion. Other people have seen it and said it's grey. Occasionally the lighting conditions bring out a dark beige in the colour, but 95% of the time it looks grey, whether under natural light or electric light. It's actually very similar to the Hockley Super Matt Dove Grey. Under no lighting conditions whatsoever does it ever look as pale as it does in Howdens' photos, so how they managed to pull that off I'll never know. The one thing that we didn't want was a grey kitchen, but that's what we've got. I'm considering speaking to a solicitor about it.

“Found my ideal kitchen ”

Written on: 08/04/2021 by 350Calhoun (1 review written)

The design was perfect for the space.I found the ideal colour of the units and matching counter top with the help of the kitchen designer he made it so helpful and enjoyable to choose would definitely recommend

“Highly recommend Howdens Bromsgrove!”

Written on: 22/03/2021 by Shopperholic53 (1 review written)

We've just had a new Howdens kitchen installed. Couldn't be happier with the end result. The Designer came up with a classic & practical design, with modern twists, maximising all space available. We made a few little tweaks along the way & nothing was ever too much trouble. Howdens were always quick to respond to any queries & accommodated all changes with ease (special thanks to the two people I dealt with). The whole process was easy from start to finish & the quality of all units & appliances is phenomenal too. Thanks so much Bromsgrove Howdens. Highly recommended business!

“Went above and beyond”

Written on: 25/02/2021 by Bsned (1 review written)

Extremely helpful staff, Bellshill depot, went the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction, cannot thank them enough. Would highly recommend to family and friends.

“Horrendous customer service”

Written on: 21/02/2021 by RuthFrancis (1 review written)

I had my kitchen designed just before the first COVID lockdown. The delivery and installation was understandably delayed. Unfortunately the fridge, although discussed was missed off the design and an alternative selected without the input of the original designer. This was the last thing to be put into the kitchen, after flooring was laid. It was after the builders unpacked the fridge freezer that I realised I had been supplied with an integrated item, without any housing or door fronts. Not only that, there is not enough space to add these. This really should have been picked up by Howdens. I have contacted them on a number of occasions. Although the fridge freezer is brand new and unused, because the builders discarded the boxing they will not exchange the item. I’m now stuck with an £800 hunk of junk, and no useable fridge, completely spoiling my kitchen. Also I ordered an oak work surface. There is a splodge of varnish on the breakfast bar, and no grooves carved into the draining area by the sink.

“Howden’s Bamber Bridge”

Written on: 19/02/2021

First class service from start to finish, from the manager at the Howden’s Bamber Bridge store. He was very knowledgable and professional with the design and planning, offering advice and suggestions without making me feel pressurised at any point. Excellent customer service throughout the installation and I am thrilled with my finished kitchen. I would highly recommend.

“Great service, great products”

Written on: 17/12/2020 by Giuseppedileo (1 review written)

The person I dealt with was excellent from start to finish. Very accommodating and we never felt rushed, he was very professional in his advice and personal opinion. We saw the online designs and every change we wanted to make was done straight away. Once ordered and kitchen and appliances arrived, it was never an issue if we need to order extras or replacements needed. Even during Covid 19 it was never an issue or delay. Really happy with products and service this is the 2nd time in 4 years we have used Howdens, never an issue.

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 14/12/2020 by beckyclemons (1 review written)

I recently bought my kitchen from Howdens, Godalming. Excellent customer service, particularly from the person who helped me design the kitchen and he was always there whenever I wanted to make any changes. Returning unwonted items was easy as was obtaining parts during the build. Post sales customer support has been excellent. I would definitely recommend Howdens.

“Fantastic service at Howdens Dundee ”

Written on: 17/09/2020 by Angeliquef428 (1 review written)

Would thoroughly recommend anyone who is looking for a kitchen to use howdens in Dundee professional and helpful from start to finish and the kitchen is amazing thanks again guys

“New Kitchen Marlow”

Written on: 11/09/2020 by JVeal (1 review written)

Am very pleased with the planning, quality,speed of delivery of our new Howdens Kitchen. The use of space and precision of the planning meant that we have space for all the essentials and more. The timeless yet modern look of the units make a perfect fit with our decor. Well done Howdens.

“NEW KITCHEN FOR STABLE AT GRANGE OF BERRYHILL.”

Written on: 19/06/2020 by lzBlack354 (1 review written)

VERY HELPFUL ADVICE FROM DUNDEE, also great computer app which showed all colours that I choose, excellent for giving me several options. it took ages to make up my mind but staff always patient. many thanks for your help.

“Friendly, Helpful, Efficient”

Written on: 10/06/2020 by ChanceBurns (1 review written)

I always enjoy dealing with Howden Joinery Torquay as they are friendly and very helpful. They always do their best to meet my company's needs. And of course, they are very competitive in their pricing. Excellent!!

“recent order”

Written on: 12/05/2020 by Denis6636 (1 review written)

Recently purchased kitchen units from Howdens Huyton depot , found service and staff to be completely unprofessional,incompetent,inept ,untrustworthy providing a shoddy service. Wrote to CEO in Feb,still waiting for reply.Contacted customer services via E Mail,Letter and phone a complete waste of time.Spoke to manager of depot ,enough said. After current restrictions are lifted I Will be contacting trading standards,circulating this review via any and all means I can think of.Will also contact Age concern as I feel that as an OAP Howdens failed to take complaints seriously due to my age

“Fantastic service”

Written on: 19/02/2020 by Matthewcross (1 review written)

From start to finish howdens chelmer has been a pleasure to work with. The customer service has been exceptional. My customer was extremely happy with the design process and they were able to accommodate last minute changes.

“ALL QUOTES GIVEN ARE UNTRUE ”

Written on: 05/02/2020 by O'Gradyqk344 (1 review written)

All quotes given to you from Howdens are untrue. The designers will speak to your builder (Account Holder) first, before giving you a price. Your fitter will tell Howdens (Designer) to put anything from £200 - £1000 on top of the price. So when you pay Howdens for the kitchen the account holder will have a nice chuck of you hard earned money sitting in his account. Why do you think they recommend HOWDENS (Trade) that's a joke the kitchen prices are the same as any other RETAIL company, no such thing as a TRADE PRICE.

Kenparry's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2020

Doesn't seem quite right? If the account holder has an invoice in his name, the end user should not be able to pay the store?, stricty speaking they would need to hand the cash ( less than 8k may I add due to money laundering conds) to the builder for the builder to pay Howden??

The scenario you mentioned could have implications for Vat? are all the jobbing builders vat reg? Do they run these invoices through there books? and also if the end user paid on any plastic, and having problems could leave a section 75 issue (Credit card Terms ) where the end user refuses to pay for faulty goods etc, however as the invoice is in a traders name they would be in a grey area

Theres nothing wrong with trade discount, however the pricing system seems wide open to abuse IMO...???

Whogives1's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2020

???? No I paid by card straight onto the traders account in the branch, The account holder gave permission for me to do that. I paid £7k for my kitchen, but I know the account holder was charged less by them.

I've also been told that the same kitchen design can be a different price at other branches ........... I actual went to two branch's and had two different prices £400 difference using the same trader..... Explain that, because they cant ????

Whogives1Number2's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2020

Howdens are all independent companies but part of the same Franchise

Same as travis perkins and jewsons etc.
which means they can all charge different terms in different branches. for eg. bristol 5 pound hinges london 10 pound hinges for the same product.

Also every trader has a markup on a product, if you buy it directly or not! its hidden in there price or day rate do you honestly think there going to do the job with so many unforseen problems that can pop up when you rip out the old kitchen. i know this as im a fitter for the past 10 years!

what would you rather pull out your kitchen then say thats another 500 quid. when you dont have the money! No of course not..

so please people dont listen to this person, do your research ask questions and get 3 quotes then make your mind up.

lastly any competent person who knows there job well, will be able to quote your job start to finish with no extras. with that extra little budget for the unforseen.

Whogives1's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2020

Yep, completely agree get three quotes. ....Three for your kitchen and three from a fitter.

I'm sure you're a very good fitter, and I understand why you are commenting to my USEFUL information.

Fact is its true, fell free to ask me what I do for a living :)

Bigtum's Comment

Written on: 24/12/2021

You can pay 7k into your builders Howdens account, but say for instance your kitchen cost him 6k ,the spare 1k still goes to pay off other stuff on his account,effectively making him 1k better off

Read 5 Comments