XLN Telecom Reviews - www.xlntelecom.co.uk

Media Gallery for XLN Telecom www.xlntelecom.co.uk

XLN Telecom www.xlntelecom.co.uk

“Rubbish”

written by Townsend237 on 18/11/2022

If I could give a 0 I would. We have a business line and internet with them, never been very good and internet has always been mediocre. The phone has not been working for the last few days, I contacted the fault team to be told that the fault was external, and they would send someone out. He then said if the fault is found to be in our property, we would pay £180. We said that was fine, but we wanted to know beforehand after they had looked outside before they came onto our property and billed us. Apparently, this can't be done. Luckily, we are now out of contract with them so asked to cancel. This, of course, had to be done with another department. I am now sat on the phone and have been for 1hour and 15 mins while I write this. I started at caller number 21 and now caller number 13. Could be here all night. They will not take cancellations online; I can only assume that they hope you may go while waiting for someone to pick up the phone so that you are unable to cancel. No doubt they will expect me to pay for the next month while I wait out my termination notice even though I have no phone access. Avoid this company like the plague

“Incompetent and dishonest ”

written by vwg1311 on 12/07/2022

I have been a customer for 6 years, no issues for the first few years. I believe XLN have been taken over by a company called Daisy communications. I have had horrendous problems over the past year or so . My Internet is off more than on. My phone line and regularly goes down . My monthly bill is always inflated never the agreed contracted amount. I never get promised callbacks and when I do the previous conversations on never recorded so I’m having to spend hours on the phone talking about the same issues over and over again . I have just received a monthly bill for over £192 yet no working system. XLN have lost me money lost me customers that can not get through to us and the security of my salon as we rely on the Internet for the cameras . They also lie regularly . I get regular texts to say they have been unable to contact me yet I am sat waiting with my mobile phone for a call for days on end . Furthermore I cannot see that they have joined the communications ombudsman scheme . This is a very poor show XLN. You need to be rectifying this it is not okay to lose a customer that has spent thousands with you need to be rectifying this it is not okay to lose a customer that has spent thousands with you over the last six years due to poor communication customer services and honesty

“THINK BEFORE YOU SIGN UP......”

written by Flanagansd25 on 06/10/2021

THINK BEFORE YOU SIGN UP...... Once you're using their services you can't cancel without big cancelation charges than your full contract left to pay like £499 + vat before the end of the contract, they renewed our contract and from 2 x bills that supposed to be £27 + vat each they managed to bill us £129 and didn't fix it and we didn't have another option than pay for it, otherwise we would face more charges, terrible company, no respect to their customers and sent letters with large figures to scare people to leave, avoid them, would give them 0 star if possible.

“XLN will ruin your business”

written by SPPearson on 11/02/2019

I have only rated this service as one star as I was unable to rate in any lower!Since November we have had no internet connection for our business. We have contacted XLN several times, and now feel as if I could be an employee. I have moved wires, reconnected phones and supplied another router. After weeks of checks they agree to send an engineer. Even get a text from engineer informing that they would be on site. XLN then contact and inform that they have managed to fix the issue from their end and have cancelled the engineer, if only they could have done this in November/December/January. Guess what - no internet and XLN then claim they knew nothing about an engineer. If you want to cause your own mental health and business damage, then sign up for XLN, otherwise go with a proper company.

“I cannot advise anyone strongly enough NOT to use XLN...”

written by on 04/12/2018

I cannot advise anyone strongly enough NOT to use XLN as the service was terrible from start to what would be the finish, however, I am currently in the process of taking them to court as they are trying to say I have agreed to a contract until November 2019 which they cannot prove as this has never been agreed. Forget about the cheap rate for the first few months as its to get you signed. The customer service is the worst of any company I have ever been with, and to advertise 5 stars on Trustpilot on their site is an embarrassment. Go for a reputable organisation/business as these are sharks.....avoid at all costs.

“My contract with XLN expired and I decided to switch...”

written by johnrobbo7 on 01/11/2018

My contract with XLN expired and I decided to switch to BT as the deal was better, XLN have made moving over to BT very difficult and have stopped the transfer on a couple of occasions so far, they have also called my business discussing details with one of my staff members and have threatened me with a £299 bill if I leave, real old school bully boy tactics. They also bombarded me with texts and calls. I have made a complaint and am still awaiting them to come back to me with what they are going to do about threatening me with £299 when I am out of contract and don;t have to give them a penny. I presume this practise is illegal and will persue until I get a satisfactory response from them. My advice, steer well clear, BTs pricing is very similar if not better, the deal I have just taken with BT is the same price as XLN but includes broadband internet.

“1 minute ago Reply from XLN Published 41 hours ago...”

written by khokan58 on 05/07/2018

1 minute ago Reply from XLN Published 41 hours ago Hi, Thank you for your time on the phone to discuss your review. As discussed, in line with our credit control procedure your services were disconnected due to non payment. At XLN we aim to provide excellent customer service and want to be the champion for small businesses( sorry to say that XLN DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF "CHAMPION" . With that in mind, we are extremely flexible when it comes to payment plans and we are also exceedingly lenient with our customers when chasing payments. As long as we are asked, we will look into what we can do for you.  IF YOU HAVE ACCOUNT WITH THEM KEEP WATCH YOUR INVOICE BECAUSE of MARCH'18 THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME OVER £200 THEY REDUCED AFTER I COMPLAINT TO Ofcom. Before any actions were placed on your account we contacted you via every form of communication we had for you - text messages, emails, and letters were sent. No successful payment was seen therefore your services were eventually disconnected. THAT IS DISGUSTING  A MAN MADE A PAYMENT PLAN WITH ME WHICH IS RECORDED AND THE PLAN WAS PAY £70.19 BY 30TH JUNE'18 AND REMAINING BALANCE BY 30 TH JULY'18 FR THE MONTH OF JUNE & JULY'18. Yesterday afternoon the man  called me and asked me not to complain to Ofcom then he will withdraw the payment plan,  SO THINK YOU WANT TO GIVE YOUR BUSINESS TO SOMEONE LIKE THIS???????????? IF I TELL ONE WORD LIE OR EXAGGERATE THEN XLN CAN TAKE LEGAL ACTION ME. THEY ARE HORRIBLE, TRUST ME!!!!!! XLN, SHAME ON YOU.... As discussed we will be in touch to see how we can assist you with your account. Thanks, The XLN Team

“Worst telecom provider”

written by John8818 on 09/05/2018

Tried cancelling my service they harassed me ignoring my request to cancel

“Extortionate and unprofessional ”

written by on 05/03/2018

Extortionate and dishonest avoid The most dishonest phone company in the world. They charged me 40£ for a faulty router their own tech guys certified as faulty and asked me to return. I called to inquire about the charges on my monthly bill and the agent lied and said the router I returned was not faulty so I had been charged for it , whiles I had not even sent it back. They wanted me to pay for its return whiles it was their tech guy who asked for it to be returned and further did not even bother to give me the return address. To court we go. Trading standards will be involved. The agent did a 360 when I said I had recorded the conversation. Don't call them without recording the conversation yourself. Always use a mobile phone with a call recording software. My rating is 0. Extortionate and dishonest avoid.

“Efficient, quick and painless”

written by xyMoore424 on 28/01/2018

After calling round several of the majors and spending a large amount of time fighting through automated systems I was recommended I try xln. The quote process was fast, friendly and efficient. The person I dealt with was very patient as we were dealing with a complex old system. Regular contact, simple pricing, the right product for my business without lots of time spent running through the multitude of "optional extras" the big players want to push on you. If you need a simple solution and don't want to be pushed into extras and line speeds you don't need would recommend highly.

Khokan58's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2018

Rubbish, diabolical and liars

Read 1 Comment

“I have been with XLN for several years with three...”

written by on 22/10/2017

I have been with XLN for several years with three business lines, at first were very reasonable, the charge now is ridiculous so I have applied to change suppliers and XLN are giving me a lot of hassle and threats on how much it will cost me to leave even though my contract has expired. The last stroke was to say they can do it for the same price as my new suppliers so why have I been being charged three times this amount for the past three years will they refund me all this money if I stay with them. I DONT THINK SO

“Avoid broadband poor customer service”

written by Obaydur on 11/07/2017

To all who are thinking of switching or signing up to XLN stay well clear!! I have two businesses and have used XLN for my first business not by choice but because i took over the original business. The bills were coming to high so i called up to find out that the account was not set up how we wanted it set up originally long story cut short it took ages to resolve and then they convinced me to stay throwing all their sales tactics with loyalty discount etc (even though it was not loyalty discount becuase you can get the same offer for new customers on their website but the sales people think were dumb). So i did the mistake of staying as the offer for business was attractive. When resigning they did not tell me i would lose my 0845 inclusive calls you would think they would mention this when signing up but as with all companies they hide behind mentioning it their terms and conditions BUT not making it clear that you would lose your loyalty features if resigning, so if you assume it is included as you already had it and use it you get charged and thats how they make their money. I called to make my concerns heard but all you get is them protecting the company and not listen to what your raising as an issue maybe their on bonus or something as a business owner i am not going cry over £6 but it was the principle of the practices they use to make you re-sign and chase them afterwards. Not only this BUT STAY AWAY FROM THERE BROADBAND at no point during sales conversation where i had told them ample time my restaurant is open in the evening and using epos systems and web systems i need a stable system so i was assured that they have a faults line available they FORGOT TO MENTION IT IS ONLY FOR LANDLINE FAULTS NOT BROADBAND so if your business needs broadband to trade in the eveings do not get it from XLN, I had signed up for both fibre and dsl broadband only to find that there was faults from day one for which i chased and chased until finally they sent a open reach engineer 6 weeks after have little or no broadband and having repeatedly telling them that there was a line fault they only agreed to the engineer after 6 weeks who confirmed it was an issue and resolved straight away but NOT XLN it was due to myself being persistent, it helps that i know a thing or two about networks but for those that dont this could have gone for months. Now the compensation for loss of business £0.00 the compensation for having the fault for which they argued i only raised 4 weeks in even though they confirmed later after arguing it was from day one £3.16 the cheek. I would highly recommend steering away from companies like XLN and staying with mainstream companies and deal directly with them yes they are more expensive but you most certainly get what you pay for I wish i satyed with my previous provider. I 100% will be switching both of my businesses to another company after my contract finishes not only that but whilse we intend to expand I will not be using XLN The account managers you speak to one then to another then another and then they make you repeat everything give you different information and accuse you and make it your fault even though when they finally check notes realise its their fault Simple put ...miss-sold, miss-advised, miss-managed, not listened to the worst company I have dealt with to date as a business owner absolutely disgusted to put it politely

“Disreputable sales representative ”

written by JacquelineClifford on 22/06/2017

Moved from BT to this crowd...biggest mistake ever....incompetent salesman and backup staff...a number of whom cannot speak fluent English. Sales representative has yet to answer my phone calls...knowing how I feel...AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.....can't wait until the contact ends...they should all be jailed!

“WASTE OF TIME”

written by on 13/06/2017

I have been in contact with XLN for over a week now dealing with extremely slow or no internet connection. The problem seems to be solved for around 10 minutes before the router needs to be reset again and again. Complete and utter waste of time and I am now waiting for a call back that I was supposed to receive 4 days ago, still no call and shocking broadband. Thanks XLN for making my working day hell.

“Rubbish”

written by Thykingmaker on 20/04/2017

Been with Xln for close to a year, service was fine but router had to be reset regularly. I decided to upgrade to fiber when it became available and here is where the troubles began. Live date was on a Tuesday, no internet. Reported the fault and to be fair the guy was helpful. I had to report the fault again on Wednesday as the order was still live on the system and he could not physically input it onto the system. On Wednesday I reported the fault again and was told it would be 3 working days although to expect it sooner. On Friday morning I get a text expecting the broadband to be fixed within 3 working days. I call to complain and the attitude could not of been different with the member of staff, arrogant and obviously on a mini power trip telling me that it is what it is. Tried to speak to a manager but was refused in a nano second, said I would stay on hold but this was refused. Now no internet, a key function for my business and days wasted getting the fault even reported. I always believe you judge a business on how it treats you when you have a problem, XLN have been found to be seriously lacking and I would never recommend them to anyone. Great when you pay your money each month but god help you when you have a problem, complete arrogance and customer failure. Each and every person I have spoke to (except the first) has lied to me and given different information after each call. Update: 10 days and still no internet! Update: Now been told the ground needs to be dug up and earliest update is 7 days time. No explanation as to why every other business in the building still has internet. I asked to go to dial up or be let out of my contract but this has been refused. XLN have no interest in what is best for my business, their sole interest seems to be profit. Fair enough they are a business but not very fair on me or my business! XLN are even lower in my already very poor opinion of them. Apparently XLN have up to 3 months where they don't have to supply me with broadband before I can cancel. For anybody thinking of joining this is a very important term and condition that I think everyone should be aware of. It is interesting the terms and conditions they inform you of when you have a problem.

“Check your invoice today”

written by sayunnz on 09/11/2016

I have been robbed by XLN malpractice of charging customer - business assurance charge without customer request or acknowledgement for the need of the service. This is illegal and akin to daylight robbery. I declare that I have not received the letter or acknowledge agreement to the charge. I have not viewed my invoice since 2014 taking XLN in good faith that they will not sneak or missell me a product I dont need. Over the period, I have not called in for the service or being aware of it all that rendering it useless at all time. I demand for the business assurance charged to me since April 2016 to now be refunded. Your online customer service has failed to upheld customer right to complain and escalate it internally according to the right procedure. I have not been advised on my right to complain and escalate up to Ofcom and this would be a violation of your internal complain procedure that denies the basic rights of the consumer.

“Are most reviews real ?”

written by Perplexedessex on 11/06/2016

I am beginning to get very suspicious as to the validity of reviews for a number of Companies, Are they being trashed by competitors , are some of the good ones written by bloggers paid to give glowing reports ? I can only take people as I find them and try to be as trueful as possible. My wife ,who is expanding her business signed up for telephone and broadband she is very reliant on having a reliable phone and broadband service at a fair price with no hidden extras. The day she signed up she checked the reviews and the results were frightening, examples of money taken from accounts without explanation, customers being bombarded with sales call offering additional services . Within a short time she received a call asking is she wanted Merchant services ie:- credit card machine . This worried her as it was one of the concerns frequently mentioned in the reviews, so she decided to cancel her order which she did within one hour of placing it and followed this up in writing, she subsequently received a call from the girl who arranged the broadband telling her off for wasting her time organising the contract. Now for the positive side Their phone was always answered almost immediately and without all the annoying automated questions ( BT who she subsequently went with take up to 10 minutes to put you through to someone.) The package offered was an excellent deal and hundreds of pounds cheaper than any other Company ,I phoned to speak to them about our refund of charges original made and was told it would be dealt with that day, but would take a few days to get back into her account and true to their word, the full refund arrived within 3 days. Overall a prompt and efficient service other than a few minor hiccup as mentioned above so as I initially asked ,why writes these atrocious reviews ?

“They lost a loyal customer today ”

written by gjfsmith on 12/04/2016

I have been with xln for a couple of years now and will never ever use them or refer them to anyone again. They agreed to pay back some assurance (insurance) charges that were added to my account without my knowledge or authorisation. After chasing the credit they have now said that they will not refund all of the charges. (this sounds remarkably like how the banks got in trouble with ppi). All in all a Misleading and dishonest company. do yourself a favour and give this one a miss.

“They Charge For Fraudulent Business Assurance”

written by ArabellaNunez209 on 14/12/2015

I just got a £198 bill for a BT engineers visit to repair a broadband fault despite paying for their so called business assurance for the past 3 years, when I rang to complain they told me that it only covers the phone line up to and including the BT master socket and not broadband faults, their letter says "you will never have to pay BT charges" as per the text below. So to give you peace of mind we have introduced a fair solution for all customers that makes sure you will never have to pay BT Openreach engineering charges. For just £1.95 a month for each line we guarantee that all faults will be fixed free of charge and you will never get a bill from BT Openreach – XLN will pay it for you. Just one BT Openreach engineering call-out is equivalent to 16 years of XLN protection, so this is a sensible, low-cost solution to a growing problem. We are the first telecom service provider in the UK to protect customers by completely covering these charges. there were no terms and conditions with this letter. They also have very expensive service cancellation charges, currently I get phone and fibre broadband and if I were to cancel then I would have to pay them nearly £400

“Liars and in need of training”

written by 24Whittaker on 02/12/2015

I'm on the apparently unlimited plan, but get charged for calling the 0845 number to turn on the "smart divert", that doesn't work on the first try, even though it says it has. In the first month, I racked up nearly £6 in charges for those calls! So anyway, unlimited landline calls is not true. The call divert has been an ongoing issue since the start of the contract. I have been through many customer service bods, all nice enough but the differing advice showed them not to be very well trained. The latest thing was being told that the problem could be due to the fact talktalk run my call divert, I could swap to BT call divert. So after them saying it could be done on a Saturday so not affecting my business, I agreed. After all, I have been charged for it all this time and not had it working right and the line being down for 24 hrs on a Saturday is bareable for our business. Then several weeks later, as I hadn't heard anything regarding it, I asked them what was happening. Their reply was it was happening mid week and they actually couldn't ever offer it for a Saturday. Oh and another thing, they advertise (or at least, were when I was unfortunate to sign up), for only having UK call centres. But what they don't tell you is they have a small Indian call centre to call you up while you're working, trying to make fake small talk and sell you something. Despite requesting numerous times, I cannot stop them. I wouldn't mind if they could hold a conversation in English outside of the script they've learnt! I've tried Sky. I've tried BT. I've tried talktalk. Now I've tried XLN for 6 months and still haven't ironed out the teething problems.... If I were to put these in order of preference of providers, XLN wouldn't be bottom, but certainly not top either... They're cheap for a reason. Oh btw, that price they advertise? Yeah it was without VAT when I signed up at least. So not really cheap either, even without the limited "unlimited" bundle