Chichester Caravans, Birmingham, West Midlands Reviews

Chichester Caravans, Birmingham, West Midlands - Ask a question now

“Fantastic value ”

Written on: 07/01/2016 by 401Ruiz (1 review written)

after visiting several caravan retailers in the midlands I found the caravan I wanted, the sales man are polite and assisted me in showing how everything in the caravan works (im a novice) after which left me to look around, I felt completely unpressured, unlike other forecourts I had been too. I went ahead with the purchase, when I came to collect the caravan it was spotless inside and out! I was shown through the caravan again (this time paying more attention) I could not of asked for a… Read Full Review

“I wish I had read reviews before I went to Chchester...”

Written on: 13/10/2015 by Luzy248 (1 review written)

I wish I had read reviews before I went to Chchester Birmingham. Travelled 250 miles to view after having to put £500 deposit which found out when we got there wasnt refundable.. Was told caravan had few age marks, try dents inside and out. Scrapes on all the furniture and inside exterior door.aravan was filthy when we went to use it, gas fire rusty, was hidden when we collected it. Doors warped, interior overhead window locker warped. Try to ring no reply or no call back. Email box always… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/01/2016

Sorry our service fell short of your expectations. It is fairly standard retail practice for a deposit to be binding and non-refundable. Used caravans are sold as presented but with an age related warranty to cover some failings but we apologise that the caravan was not presented in a satisfactorily clean condition. We have a yahoo email account which is never full can only think that the address you have is incorrect.

“Rip off .”

Written on: 07/09/2015 by Wello1 (1 review written)

VisitEd the birmingham branch this Sunday seen a older van asked for a price which he said I can have for 1200.Only to go back the next day to buy the van and a very rude older guy said it was now 1999.And asked my offer I said 1000 as was told its going 1200 the day before.said a qwick nasty no and went and put a price board up in the old van to cover himself.Not a nice guy be aware .The price can double and if you look aroundd there vans you will find lots of faults.ie.broken shower tap heads… Read Full Review

Chichestercaravansbirmingham's Response to Wello1's Review

Written on: 09/01/2016

You returned to the centre and made no mention of the offer from the day before and asked for the best price on a caravan you had already had the best price on.
You did not come back to buy - you came to try and pay £1,000 for it and didn't like it when you were told no.
We have many 'traders' like yourself with whom we have a good relationship and we have some come in and try to bully staff for better prices - it is no disappointment that you will not be returning.

Wello1's reply to Chichestercaravansbirmingham's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2016

First of all I'm not a trader and I never put any pressure on anyone and just offered the 1000 as yes I was trying save a little like we all do.And I would have paid the 1200 but you never gave me time to react to your rude reply .Anyway I'm not getting in to a bouncing argument with you as people only need to read your reviews. And in the end I got a static and sorted.

Read 2 Comments

“Go elsewhere ”

Written on: 04/11/2013 by Gruffle (2 reviews written)

Took receipt of our new to us caravan Friday evening . Took it out to a local site Saturday, Sunday morning the complete wheel including hub came off on the way home. Called them, they don't do recovery. Stuck on the side of the road for 4+ hours lucky for us we were in the AA to get it recovered. This van was allegedly serviced before we had it. We asked for them to take it back but they said they had already sold our old van we were stuck with it. I have to say a man from the Bromsgrove… Read Full Review

“After Sales Service is a JOKE!!!”

Written on: 10/04/2012 by Disgruntled4711 (1 review written)

Forget getting any guarantee or recalls for servicing. Chichester seem not to want to contact you so that you forget to service your caravan, thus making your guarantee void!!!. Their reason for this is that they dont like to contact you in case you may have died and it upsets the family or you may have sold it!!. Are they serious? Are they mad? We now have a faulty van that they are not interested in, even though it is still within the guarantee period. BEWARE!!!… Read Full Review

Chichestercaravansbirmingham's Response to Disgruntled4711's Review

Written on: 09/01/2016

Chichester caravans have only become aware of this review site as of Jan 2016.
We are sorry our service falls short of your expectations. All aftersales and servicing is controlled by our Bromsgrove branch and they do not issue servicing reminders. This is not due to fear of upsetting bereaved families.
Whilst the onus is on the owner to ensure servicing the caravan within manufacturers guidelines we do sympathise if your warranty lapsed. We actually get paid by manufacturers to carry out warranty repairs on their behalf.

Read 1 Comment

“ why do warranty if you dont ever get the parts or...”

Written on: 16/02/2011

why do warranty if you dont ever get the parts or repair done. Creepy salesmen following you around, pestering you constantly. When you finally buy, no aftersales what so ever.
Plenty of dealers in birmingham definately going elsewhere!… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/01/2016

We are sorry our service did not live up to your expectations. There is no date or name to this review so it is hard for us to help resolve any issues you may have.
Caravan parts are notoriously slow to arrive from the manufacturers.

Read 1 Comment

“Got a great deal at Chichester Caravans. Communication...”

Written on: 26/10/2009

Got a great deal at Chichester Caravans. Communication was very good after the deal had been struck. The service we received at the Stourport branch when we changed over from the old caravan to the new was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble and the whole team were fantastic making the process very smooth and totally stress free. We found a few minor problems with the new caravan and these were sorted out before the end of the weekend, even sending out the engineer to the site which they… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/01/2016

Thank you for positive review.