Bunn Leisure Holiday Village, Selsey, West Sussex Reviews

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

Bunn Leisure Holiday Village, Selsey, West Sussex - Ask a question now

“West Sands, Bunn Leisure, Selsey”

Written on: 29/08/2017 by Zairef117 (1 review written)

August 19 - 26 2017. Private hire After reading the reviews for the West Sands Caravan Holiday Park and looking at the history of the beach I booked our annual holiday here! We booked a private caravan which I thought had a balcony but did not and I thought it was close to the beach, it was not but a smashing caravan though, if not a little close to everyone else. The centre has little for the children, it is an arcade with a uninspiring pool, and there is a tiny park in the middle of the… Read Full Review

“Customer relations from staff ”

Written on: 12/07/2017 by yaRoberts314 (1 review written)

I have not had my holiday yet but I had a couple of problems and rang to see if they could help me in any way and they were absolutely fantastic, they went above and beyond to help me and I cannot thank them enough, I am now looking forward to my holiday as if the rest of the staff are as helpful as the office staff it will be a brilliant holiday, will write again after my holiday… Read Full Review

“S!!!hole”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by Cobbdn410 (1 review written)

Dirty filfy place money grabbing holiday camp should be reported to someone or better still. closed! Flea pit… Read Full Review

“ups & downs owners”

Written on: 28/10/2015 by Salvatorez431 (1 review written)

if you are thinking about buying a caravan think of the good times you are about to have.but think again, fees go up each year gas & electric checks not cheap,painting underseal every 2 or 3 years, insurance , all adds up. Bunn have a good site entertainment good, drink prices same as selsey village which is not excactly cheap shops keen prices.we had 5 good years plenty of fun & laughs we sold back to bunn they gave use the bare minimum for the van. Down side we had to badger to get some… Read Full Review

“Good Family Orientated Park”

Written on: 11/05/2013 by Ernie68 (1 review written)

Live in Selsey visit it with my son when it is open and thoroughly enjoy the Entertainment which is available. Never had any problems with any of the Staff. Food very nice and enjoy all the games. Recommend Bunn Leisure to everybody… Read Full Review

“terrible”

Written on: 18/03/2013

Worse holiday park I have ever stayed at the staff are so rude and do not give a dam they just want your money the swimming pool staff are the rudest people I have every came across the way they speak to you they need to go on a training course the park is a mess and u have to keep on at the staff to clean things some of the vans have seen better days there are better parks to stay at for what this park charges be warned!… Read Full Review

“Bunn Leisure West Sands! Never Ever Again!”

Written on: 19/08/2012

We stayed in Selsey on the West Sands site, our caravan was close to the clubhouse which I realise now probably played a major part in our not liking the holiday! The first night we were there a fight erupted outside the Food Hut, there were people running around screaming their heads off with empty buggies (god knows where the children were!) there was a lot off scuffling, some poor bloke being kicked around whilst he laid on the floor, the security seemed more intent on 'bigging theirselves… Read Full Review

Jacjeff's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2013

We have owned a caravan on West Sands for 13 years and have never seen and Hooded chavs with Staffs. I think we would have noticed that as we have two Jack Russell terriers that we walk a lot and have never ever come across anything like this. Did you call the security guys when the party was going on? They would have stopped it.

“none intrested managment”

Written on: 25/05/2012 by bigspender53 (1 review written)

we were owners at bunns liesure sussex had many yeras of laughes and happiness with my partner but in the end as owners it simply got out of hand cost wise nearly £4ooo site fee plus electric bill rates gas constantly going up and up the bunns family are rearly taking the micky with there excuses that this costs more and more yes it does when you are a millomnaire own a helicopter and hickstead horse jumps live in a mansion etc beacause the owners pay for it would gladly return today to the… Read Full Review

Akg1975's Response to bigspender53's Review

Written on: 14/08/2013

we are also owners only joined june 2012 bought a van £25000 £3500 ground rent water sewage and insurance had family emergency this year so had to sell guess how much £5000 thanks mr bunn is that anew Bentley I see

Expensivebunn's reply to Akg1975's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2013

Disgusting.. We were also owners but the costs were so high we thought we would sell, went to bunn quite a few times, which they refused to buy back until the very end of season when they offered £2000' our van was 2 years old in very good condition bought for £12000, we eventually found a private buyer but still had to pay bunn 15% plus vat of the sale price.

Monty4's reply to Expensivebunn's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2013

We were thinking of buying a second hand static caravan, but reading your comments are concerned about the fees. If we rent it out for part of the year can we recoup some of the money? Or is this not an option thats viable?

Akg1975's reply to Monty4's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2013

yes you can rent out but its extra insurance plus you have to go through bunn best times to rent june july august then when do you use it and remember renters don't give a monkeys about you're van

Read 4 Comments

“The best camp site ever!!!!!!”

Written on: 09/05/2012

It is so good they have a wonderful pool with a couple of slides. Next to the pool they have a superb gym. The rooms are so spaced out with lots of room… Read Full Review

“fantastic holiday with brilliant staff and entertainment.”

Written on: 23/10/2011

we went for 11 days to this holiday site. On arrival the reception staff were very helpfull and instructed us very clearly where our caravan was. On entering our accomodation we found it very clean and tidy and evreything we need was there. Our accomodation was within a 2 minute walk of both the beach and the complex itself. When we entered the entertainment complex in the evening we found all the staff very friendly. our four children were very well looked after by the childrens club staff. We… Read Full Review

“brillant aug-sept 2011”

Written on: 06/10/2011 by stacey84 (1 review written)

Me and my family loved it at west sands. Its a lovely hoilday park right next to the beach. The caravan we stayed in was almost brillant but jus needed a little bit of a hover. The linen smelled lovely and fresh which is always good. The shower room and toilet was nice and clean aswell. The staff were really friendly. There was lots for the kids to do. The adult entertainment was brillant aswell. There is a cool kids club in the evenin for the children to go to which has a few park reps looking… Read Full Review

“Good all round holiiday”

Written on: 03/06/2011 by deanchel (1 review written)

Me and my Fiancee along with our 8 year old son spent the half term week in June 2011 on West Sands part of the Bunn leisure complex.We arrived and the checkin process was very quick and easy. The reception staff were very helpful and seeing as there are a lot of caravans on site they made finding the caravan pretty simple.We stayed in a Silver category caravan which was only a year old and was spotless and very spacious.Because Bunns is a mix of 3 camps there is a vast area to cover including… Read Full Review

“I really with that I could beable to write a positive...”

Written on: 16/05/2011

I really with that I could beable to write a positive review on this place. On the outset it looked a charming little holiday location, perfect for my wife and the kids, however, things turned sinister on the Friday evening that we were there.

What had started out as a nice pleasant family experience turned quickly into a lads holiday atmosphere thanks in no part to the caravan near us. Quite why bunn leisure had allowed a caravan of teenagers there is beyond me. This bunch though were nothing… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2011

I was there last week and we came home 3 days early, I could not stay any longer. Every night being woken by drunken fools is not fun and letting off fireworks at 3am is really not on. The morning we left bin bags around the camp had been ripped open everywhere and a bollard had been ripped out of the ground also my daughters tennis racket and ball had been taken off are decking and left near the parking area. I am sooo glad to be home

Read 1 Comment

“Bunn Leisure is a beautiful place on the south coast...”

Written on: 27/04/2011 by gazmoon (1 review written)

Bunn Leisure is a beautiful place on the south coast overlooking the isle of white. I has a mile of beach covered in pebbles which is extremely clean!

I have stayed in both Static caravans and the touring park which both have high facilities. for our static caravan there was one downside... they had double booked on our caravan. they said that one would have been ready in an hour if we waited. the also offered us a discounted upgrade to the next ranked caravan. this only cost £20. we agreed to… Read Full Review

“Bunn Leisure, April 2011. ”

Written on: 17/04/2011

Bunn Leisure, April 2011.
I really wasn't expecting to enjoy our 5 day break as much as I did. The static caravan was very well equipped, warm and comfortable.
Evening entertainment was excellent, the entertainment team must be congratulated with the quality of the shows they put on. Don't miss the pantomime on Thursday afternoon, very funny, and the dame who is played by a member of the entertainment team,(ex-butlins), totally made the show. The only on site food we tried was the fish and chip… Read Full Review

“We arrived at the specified time only to be told our...”

Written on: 04/04/2011

We arrived at the specified time only to be told our caravan wasn't ready. TWO HOURS later we were given the keys.

The caravan was really grubby despite being cleaned so we complained. The cleaner came back and told us he was only given 20 minutes to clean each van-if he didn't finish on time he didn't get paid for that van!!

The site seemed to be inhabited by a large proportion of 'traveller' types-lots of untaxed vans and people with an abundance of gold jewellery-you know the sort. One lot… Read Full Review

Gazmoon's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2011

I strongly disagree with your review. The complex is almost spotless... i would like to see your car after you have been down there... then tell me that it is dirty. they cant help the salt. The pool is brilliant and clean with a gym,sauna and steam room. The facilities are ALL clean and the prices of the holiday are good where places like butlins are well over priced! The shops are the same as my local shops (same price and items). Plenty of on-site shops and complexes for everyone. I would say that the embassy could be a little bigger but there is no way it is as bad as you make it out to be! The staff are exceptionally friendly compared to other places! I have only ever had to make one complaint which was a caravan smelt of wet dog so they changed our caravan and gave us complementary gift certificates for use around the park. The park is large but there are 4 areas. IT IS FAMILY FRIENDLY! you cant control everyone so there will be problems from time to time beyond their control. Food is WELL PRICED! and i highly doubt the staff were making those hand gestures... if so then they would have been fired by now. with the dirty caravan you should ask for a new caravan and they will do that! as i have already said it is FAMILY FRIENDLY! so they won't be putting anyone under any risk... its a brilliant place so how dare you write a review like that... were you describing your kitchen! :@

Read 1 Comment

“I have just come back from Bunn leisure for a weekend...”

Written on: 04/04/2011

I have just come back from Bunn leisure for a weekend break 1-4 April, well where do i start: I was clearly impressed by everything what a pleasant surprise, we arrived late at night and collected our keys from the pub as the reception was closed. We found our accomodation and it was superb . We had booked the bronze caravan, well it was spotless and really cosy , to be honest i could not take it in. I have been to a few holiday parks and this one is certainly outstanding. There is a big fridge… Read Full Review

“Booked a caravan in the West Sands park in july 2010....”

Written on: 31/03/2011

Booked a caravan in the West Sands park in july 2010. Caravan was clean and had everything needed including a deck which we had not booked but was lovely to have. The pool was good and the kids loved it, although the life guards were a bit strict, but i guess people would be complaining if they were not.
Daytime entertainment for the kids was fantastic. the shows were entertaining and even though the same show was repeated the following week my lads still went and enjoyed. A special mention… Read Full Review

“Bunn Leisure is a great place to stay. The evening...”

Written on: 03/02/2011

Bunn Leisure is a great place to stay. The evening entertainment is second to none with great acts. There are 3 main clubs, the Viking is themed on Country & Western, the main club at West Sands is the Embassy and there is another on White Horse. There is a regular free bus around the site so no need to drive. The whole place is family oriented and there is plenty to do in the area.
We like it so much we have brought a caravan which is in the Willows on Green Lawns and we go down most… Read Full Review

“overall as holiday parks go bunn leisure is...”

Written on: 01/11/2010

overall as holiday parks go bunn leisure is passable.it lacks adult activities during the daytime unlike pontins etc.,.so can be boring if confined to caravan in bad weather we dont all want to sit in the pub for hours on end.entertainment in embassy has the odd good turn but the loudness of the music detracts from the show, and can become unbearable, i worry about the effects on young childrens and babies eardrums. the presenters and comperes need training in microphone techniques, they… Read Full Review