Bunn Leisure Holiday Village, Selsey, West Sussex Reviews

• Proximity to local attractions

Bunn Leisure Holiday Village, Selsey, West Sussex - Ask a question now

“HOLIDAY FROM HELL”

written by POPP123 on 29/10/2021

We have been going to Warners Farm Bunn Leisure Selsey for 18 years or so. NEVER AGAIN !!!! They have too many caravans and people for the entertainment. I payed £60 for a pass, but that was wasted, as you had to get into a 160 foot queue, going through amusments up to bar. I went to get a seat, but no chance. Also since new owners, they now charge for all children activity clubs, nothing is free. If you have a couple of children? I suggust you take out a mortgage, believe you will need it. They have closed off seafront car park and put a surf ride in place, also a mini golf course you could fit in my front room. You used to be able to see the sea from bar, but this has now been screened off. Taking pool tables from amusments, and replaced with more machines, as I suppose machines make more money than pool tables. IT IS ALL ABOUT MAKING AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE. I had a lovely caravan, but this did not make the holiday any better. Every day we saw at least two new caravans being sited. NEVER AGAIN. Closed popular fish and chip shop. Closed grocery shop in amusments.

“Would not recommend ”

written by Patricia01011 on 12/09/2021

Nothing in place for covid. Club house had a bad smell... Granddaughter caught diarrhoea and sickness Son and grandson caught covid would never go back there. Was meant to go last year due to lockdown was unable changed dates for this year was charged another 200.00 each caravan because we had to change dates of no fault of our own wouldn't recommend caravan not very clean prices are very expensive food wasn't good burgers in restaurants where not good

“Not a holiday for adults only”

written by RavenWard210 on 01/06/2021

We arrived 14th May 2020 and booked to stay until 24th may,we were not told nothing would be open until the 17may,we were in our caravan number 28at Green lawns in boulevard. On 17th May 2020 we went to the Embassy club to watch a show there was a very strong smell of urine coming from the men's toilets ot could be smelt in the hall,I told someone they said it was coming from underneath and was being dealt with,the smell was still there 2 days later. The application for Embassy club kept coming up for the smoky bar,covid instructions were not being followed properly,children were running everywhere instead of being with their parents. There was a quiz night boys against girls with the staff,staff were jumping over the barriers running around like lunatics only going to one table to get answers to the musical quiz no though for health a d safety or people's safety with regards to covid and not giving other people a thought to answer the questions,also people near the barriers often had to move as the staff were jumping. Drink orders were getting muddled and taking up to 45 minutes to arrive, The show was made awful with music drowning out performers and mike's crackling and giving feedback. On the18th May 2020 asleep in our caravan we were woken to rumbling machinery,and cultivators down in Boulevard green lawns digging outside opposite our caravan,we asked what the hell was going on and was told trees and plants were being planted around the site,we were not told of this happening at all the machinery was bulky and noisy we had to shut the doors and caravan windows and could still not hear our stereo or TV. The company ems were being used,we could not use our balcony due to blue dust from the blue marking chalk blowing in the wind.then they were outside our bedroom window early the next morning,surely this could have been done during lockdown,it made us miserable and want to go home,but as we had paid up till the 24th May we had to stay or loose money. There is not much on the sight for adults only 45 minutes shows and bingo on the 18th May 2020 we went to the Lido bar we managed to order drinks via the app on the table leaving a message to the kitchen for no ice in any drinks,we were table number 225,still the barman got all the drinks wrong and it was not busy at all. We then went upstairs to the Whitehorse Theatre to pay bingo,our table 546 was unlevel,told a member of staff who said they would sort it,the barman came with our drinks and split the shot drink over the table,my husband and his bingo book,he apologised and said he will be back with a new book,cloths and drinks,20 minutes later my husband we t to get some beer mats and blue tissue to clean and stabilise our table,it was another 15 minutes before the barman came back, There is only a fish and chip shop and papa John's take away onsight not everyone like these takeaways we went of sight 5 minutes and found a Chinese takeaway and kebab shop,why can't their menus put put in the caravan along with the pizza and fish and chil shop ones,apparently the manager will not permit these leaflets on his sight. My uncle had a bad back and asked at time of booking for a mattress cover,when ask at the office they said use a duvet from the sofa bed in the front room. 20th May 2020 At the Whitehorse for bingo there were kids being noisy and running around while the caller was calling,he should have stopped and ask the parents to control the children or leave,table 515 made a tap before the caller called the number out as it came up on the screen,my uncle ended up doing a false call as the kids were calling out numbers,he called up on number 57 but it was a kid called the number not tje caller. 22nd May 2020 At the Whitehorse Theatre for bingo and it was packed and e tremely noisy,kids were running around around screaming etc,the lady caller did say can we quieten the noise please,doi g a shushing sound,it was so hard to hear we got up and went back to our caravan. I am disabled I found it extremely hard to get around the sight,if you hire the golf cart etc its just for an hour,a daily or weekly scooter hire would be great,the doors are very heavy to open so automatic ones should be put in. Most activities are for children with pools and activities being booked in advance so many people wait days for their kids to get on activities.Bunn leisure need to look at activities for outside the sight during the day for adults to do and add leaflets to their caravans.We would not recommend this holiday unless you have kids and a lot of money to spend. Overall we had a miserable holiday,the weather did not help and not being told about the machinery,The holiday was booked by my uncle.

“Conn”

written by Nickynoo63 on 06/08/2019

I took my grandchildren for a 5 day break I was totally misled by who I booked the van off. I was told passes were 50 to be told when I arrived they were 93 also I was told it was 50 deposit to be now to it was to secure the date to say I won't be using this person again is an understatement totally disappointed the van was dirty also needed to clean it if it wasn't for the activity on site we would have came home I have booked diect with bunn before so knew it was a good place for kids

“West Sands, Bunn Leisure, Selsey”

written by Zairef117 on 29/08/2017

August 19 - 26 2017. Private hire After reading the reviews for the West Sands Caravan Holiday Park and looking at the history of the beach I booked our annual holiday here! We booked a private caravan which I thought had a balcony but did not and I thought it was close to the beach, it was not but a smashing caravan though, if not a little close to everyone else. The centre has little for the children, it is an arcade with a uninspiring pool, and there is a tiny park in the middle of the caravans. The evening entertainment I am unable to comment on as we don't like the idea of paying £80 for the week to have to que up from 5pm to get seats as the bingo people hog them from then. We never saw a mascot even though it is peak season. There is no outdoor pool. There is a fun fair, which from 12.00 to 5.00 you can pay £10.00 per person to go on unlimited rides, which they don't have enough staff for so you have to go to the rides which they call you to or supervise the rides for young children yourself, which is no biggy and the kids loved it. The concession stand with burgers and, hot doh nuts is very reasonable at £2.50 for a burger and they are large and very good. They have 2 shops on site which are not too badly priced and Asda is only 1 mile down the road. The chip shop cost £28.00 for 4x chips 2x 10 nuggets, 1x chicken burger and 1 x fried chicken, we paid less at a restaurant with deserts. There is hardly anything in the town except sweet shops and bakeries and cafe's. The beach is stunning, but not sand it it shale and stone and not kept clean, the water is very clean though. Quite wavey when the wind is up so not brill for toddlers. On arrival, there was a que out the door to sign in but the staff were friendly and helpful, on the private hire side, they were unprofessional and well fed up on the site booking side. My car was damaged while we were parked near our caravan. I was a garden length away from us and never moved all week. A car could not have hit it as the damage was done on the grass facing side up a step. The only thing that could have done the damage was the site vehicles which the gardeners use and the ride on lawn mowers. They did not own up to the chunk taken out of the rear corner of my bumper and there are no camera's to prove what had happened. I did report it but nothing could be done and I just got an apology, but then what else could they do other than hire honest staff? To be fair if the weather had been better for the first half of the week the lack of facilities would not have been an issue but it is important if you have little ones to entertain. The WIFI is £4 per hour and only in certain areas so that is no help either. It's nice for a short sunny beach visit but I would not recommend it for a full holiday.

“Customer relations from staff ”

written by yaRoberts314 on 12/07/2017

I have not had my holiday yet but I had a couple of problems and rang to see if they could help me in any way and they were absolutely fantastic, they went above and beyond to help me and I cannot thank them enough, I am now looking forward to my holiday as if the rest of the staff are as helpful as the office staff it will be a brilliant holiday, will write again after my holiday

“S!!!hole”

written by Cobbdn410 on 02/06/2016

Dirty filfy place money grabbing holiday camp should be reported to someone or better still. closed! Flea pit

“ups & downs owners”

written by Salvatorez431 on 28/10/2015

if you are thinking about buying a caravan think of the good times you are about to have.but think again, fees go up each year gas & electric checks not cheap,painting underseal every 2 or 3 years, insurance , all adds up. Bunn have a good site entertainment good, drink prices same as selsey village which is not excactly cheap shops keen prices.we had 5 good years plenty of fun & laughs we sold back to bunn they gave use the bare minimum for the van. Down side we had to badger to get some repairs done under guarantee and i mean badger. would we do it again no.

“Good Family Orientated Park”

written by Ernie68 on 11/05/2013

Live in Selsey visit it with my son when it is open and thoroughly enjoy the Entertainment which is available. Never had any problems with any of the Staff. Food very nice and enjoy all the games. Recommend Bunn Leisure to everybody

“terrible”

written by on 18/03/2013

Worse holiday park I have ever stayed at the staff are so rude and do not give a dam they just want your money the swimming pool staff are the rudest people I have every came across the way they speak to you they need to go on a training course the park is a mess and u have to keep on at the staff to clean things some of the vans have seen better days there are better parks to stay at for what this park charges be warned!

“Bunn Leisure West Sands! Never Ever Again!”

written by on 19/08/2012

We stayed in Selsey on the West Sands site, our caravan was close to the clubhouse which I realise now probably played a major part in our not liking the holiday! The first night we were there a fight erupted outside the Food Hut, there were people running around screaming their heads off with empty buggies (god knows where the children were!) there was a lot off scuffling, some poor bloke being kicked around whilst he laid on the floor, the security seemed more intent on 'bigging theirselves up to the drunk revellers than trying to control and calm the situation!) we were glad when the police came and made some arrests. Anyway not much sleep that night! the next night we thought we'd have a slightly early night, but then we had the caravan behind us having a party until 5.45 am....horrendous noise coming from there, now I appeciate people are letting their hair down and are on holiday but West Sands Bunn Leisure is meant to be a place for families, where you can go with your children and expect not to have to live a week in the shoes of an insomniac!!! When we woke up in the morning there was rubbish - dirty nappies, food etc all strewn accross the grass around our caravan (god knows where these people come from) it was disgusting! We only went into the Clubhouse once for the GAGA Tribute which was hosted by the reps, it was ok, just! But so hot in there it made us feel sick, ridiculous prices for drinks - £4.90 for one vodka and tonic. The swimming pool is nice and it looks like the beach might be nice when it's done. I would never go here again, I also didn't like all the hooded chavs walking round with their staffs, it is not a nice place unless you are an alcoholic chav who doesn't mind seeing chavtastic drunk kids walking around swearing and vomiting.

Jacjeff's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2013

We have owned a caravan on West Sands for 13 years and have never seen and Hooded chavs with Staffs. I think we would have noticed that as we have two Jack Russell terriers that we walk a lot and have never ever come across anything like this. Did you call the security guys when the party was going on? They would have stopped it.

“none intrested managment”

written by bigspender53 on 25/05/2012

we were owners at bunns liesure sussex had many yeras of laughes and happiness with my partner but in the end as owners it simply got out of hand cost wise nearly £4ooo site fee plus electric bill rates gas constantly going up and up the bunns family are rearly taking the micky with there excuses that this costs more and more yes it does when you are a millomnaire own a helicopter and hickstead horse jumps live in a mansion etc beacause the owners pay for it would gladly return today to the site if they got senseble it its priceing in the last few years we were there owners we leaving one after the other and still are cut it down a lot and we will bw back like a shot sorry bunns we are shall not be returning regretfully.

Akg1975's Response to bigspender53's Review

Written on: 14/08/2013

we are also owners only joined june 2012 bought a van £25000 £3500 ground rent water sewage and insurance had family emergency this year so had to sell guess how much £5000 thanks mr bunn is that anew Bentley I see

Expensivebunn's reply to Akg1975's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2013

Disgusting.. We were also owners but the costs were so high we thought we would sell, went to bunn quite a few times, which they refused to buy back until the very end of season when they offered £2000' our van was 2 years old in very good condition bought for £12000, we eventually found a private buyer but still had to pay bunn 15% plus vat of the sale price.

Monty4's reply to Expensivebunn's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2013

We were thinking of buying a second hand static caravan, but reading your comments are concerned about the fees. If we rent it out for part of the year can we recoup some of the money? Or is this not an option thats viable?

Akg1975's reply to Monty4's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2013

yes you can rent out but its extra insurance plus you have to go through bunn best times to rent june july august then when do you use it and remember renters don't give a monkeys about you're van

Read 4 Comments

“The best camp site ever!!!!!!”

written by on 09/05/2012

It is so good they have a wonderful pool with a couple of slides. Next to the pool they have a superb gym. The rooms are so spaced out with lots of room.

“fantastic holiday with brilliant staff and entertainment.”

written by on 23/10/2011

we went for 11 days to this holiday site. On arrival the reception staff were very helpfull and instructed us very clearly where our caravan was. On entering our accomodation we found it very clean and tidy and evreything we need was there. Our accomodation was within a 2 minute walk of both the beach and the complex itself. When we entered the entertainment complex in the evening we found all the staff very friendly. our four children were very well looked after by the childrens club staff. We used the restaurant 3 times food was ok but value for money wasn't the best. Shop was a little bit low on some stock as it was towards the end of the season. we loved the place so much we have booked up for next year already. If you are looking for somewhere which has everything this is the place for you would recommend to anyone. Staff are among the friendlist we have ever meet and hope they are back again next year. This is best hol me and my family have had.

“brillant aug-sept 2011”

written by stacey84 on 06/10/2011

Me and my family loved it at west sands. Its a lovely hoilday park right next to the beach. The caravan we stayed in was almost brillant but jus needed a little bit of a hover. The linen smelled lovely and fresh which is always good. The shower room and toilet was nice and clean aswell. The staff were really friendly. There was lots for the kids to do. The adult entertainment was brillant aswell. There is a cool kids club in the evenin for the children to go to which has a few park reps looking after them. The only downside for me was the resturants. They were a bit on the expensive side and the portions not good but there is a good chicken place which was good value for money and they are open really late aswell. There is a cool funfair that has a cool little cafe next to it. Overall we really really enjoyed ourselves. We will go next year aswell i think. Great hoilday without paying an arm and leg. Well worth going to west sands selsey :-)

“Good all round holiiday”

written by deanchel on 03/06/2011

Me and my Fiancee along with our 8 year old son spent the half term week in June 2011 on West Sands part of the Bunn leisure complex.We arrived and the checkin process was very quick and easy. The reception staff were very helpful and seeing as there are a lot of caravans on site they made finding the caravan pretty simple.We stayed in a Silver category caravan which was only a year old and was spotless and very spacious.Because Bunns is a mix of 3 camps there is a vast area to cover including the 3 entertainment complexes, a free bus runs up till 3am between the sites.A full size single deck bus running from various bus stops around the camps.I have stayed on many camps over the years and i have to admit this is one of the best, the entertainment is very professional and also have good visiting acts, we saw Alvin Stardust.Plenty of things to do on site leisure centres bars,restuarants and food shops.On site funfair and right next to a pebble beach overlooking isle of wight & Portsmouth.This site is really good and i would reccommend to anybody.

“I really with that I could beable to write a positive...”

written by on 16/05/2011

I really with that I could beable to write a positive review on this place. On the outset it looked a charming little holiday location, perfect for my wife and the kids, however, things turned sinister on the Friday evening that we were there.

What had started out as a nice pleasant family experience turned quickly into a lads holiday atmosphere thanks in no part to the caravan near us. Quite why bunn leisure had allowed a caravan of teenagers there is beyond me. This bunch though were nothing like I'd ever seen.

Crates and crates of alcohol seemed to enter the caravan relentlessly and the tone was really set eary on as one of the group decided to run between the two caravans they had with a large carving knife. I feared even for my childrens safety.

That night we went to the entertainment complex in order to get away from the louts but unfortunately they followed. Drunken behaviour and disregard for everyone else there was at a premium as relentless alcohol abuse took place causing one of the group to throw up early in the night.

This carried on so we decided to leave which was all well and good until the group returned to their caravan at 2am. Football songs and profanities were endless and it seemed one clever member of the group had decided to be a drunken Gary Rhodes and cook all and one bacon sandwiches. The smell was disgusting to a vegetarian like myself. It may seem bad but I secretly hoped a bout of food poisoning may stop their vile behaviour.

Unfortunately it didnt and the next day was much of the same. Even when I took my children to the local go kart area I wasn't safe from the anti social mayhem. The group, all cleary drunk, staggered over to do some go karting themselves. Unsurprisingly all were banned after no more than a few go's. Quite why they saw this as an opportunity to boast is beyond me!

That evening the same louts reared their ugly heads at the entertainment complex. They ruined the bingo for everyone and also decided to incorporate anti-semetic and child abuse lyrics over the songs of the entertainers. It made me sick to the stomach. They then commandered the dance floor with brutish dancing and one girl even decided to mimmick a sex action (the cowgirl) upon the other males.

I returned to my tent depressed that evening and all of us had not enjoyed one bit. We were once again kept awake that night as we overheard the anti social element revelling in prank phone calls at 2 in the morning. Thankfully much of the group returned home the next day. Though even then i caught a glimpse of a clear act of vandalism as a torn football flag, which once hung on another caravan, was in possesion of the group as some sort of childish trophy. Talk of drug use was also overheard but even I didn't want to believe that in a place like this.

I'm sure it may have been a stroke of bad luck that we were witness to this horrible loutishness and that usually Bunn leisure is a lovely, family weekend but I just felt that my experiences were so astonishingly disgusting that I had to share what happened.

Martin from Southampton

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2011

I was there last week and we came home 3 days early, I could not stay any longer. Every night being woken by drunken fools is not fun and letting off fireworks at 3am is really not on. The morning we left bin bags around the camp had been ripped open everywhere and a bollard had been ripped out of the ground also my daughters tennis racket and ball had been taken off are decking and left near the parking area. I am sooo glad to be home

Read 1 Comment

“Bunn Leisure is a beautiful place on the south coast...”

written by gazmoon on 27/04/2011

Bunn Leisure is a beautiful place on the south coast overlooking the isle of white. I has a mile of beach covered in pebbles which is extremely clean!

I have stayed in both Static caravans and the touring park which both have high facilities. for our static caravan there was one downside... they had double booked on our caravan. they said that one would have been ready in an hour if we waited. the also offered us a discounted upgrade to the next ranked caravan. this only cost £20. we agreed to this.
the caravan was a 12ft wide caravan with luxurious furniture. There was a full kitchen which was large and the customer service desk were extremely helpful.

In the touring park we were very surprised when we went in the peak time. it only cost us £105 for the holiday which was 3 nights (friday - monday). The entertainment was top quality and the restaurant on the top of the sea front complex which overlooks the sea just made me speechless. We were shown to our pitch on the campsite by a guy on a bike which is extremely helpful.
To top off the awesome holiday all the facilities are FREE! the toilets and showers block is free, the 4 entertainment complexes are free, both the indoor and outdoor pool are free, kids entertainment are free. drinks are reasonably price but for kids there inst a large range. Plenty of security around the park in well marked out vans patrolling the park both day and night.

One night there was a a fight within the campsite so security had to be called and they arrived within 5 minutes of the call. they show you where the emergency points are and give you a very clear maps of the entire holiday village. they provide a FREE bus service which takes you to anywhere in the park. The firework display in October is a must see to all people... cheap entry price for an hours worth of fireworks!

You cannot say that there isnt anything to do while at Bunn Leisure because of the sheer size of the park you always discover new things. Parks, fields, fun fair, go karts, mini quad biking! there is something for all ages.....
AN EXTREMELY FAMILY ORIENTATED PARK! 5 STARS ALL THE WAY!

“Bunn Leisure, April 2011. ”

written by on 17/04/2011

Bunn Leisure, April 2011.
I really wasn't expecting to enjoy our 5 day break as much as I did. The static caravan was very well equipped, warm and comfortable.
Evening entertainment was excellent, the entertainment team must be congratulated with the quality of the shows they put on. Don't miss the pantomime on Thursday afternoon, very funny, and the dame who is played by a member of the entertainment team,(ex-butlins), totally made the show. The only on site food we tried was the fish and chip shop which served huge portions at reasonable cost.
The pool was very clean with good lifeguard cover. The pool is the only thing that I would say butlins have done better.
Will definately book again.

“We arrived at the specified time only to be told our...”

written by on 04/04/2011

We arrived at the specified time only to be told our caravan wasn't ready. TWO HOURS later we were given the keys.

The caravan was really grubby despite being cleaned so we complained. The cleaner came back and told us he was only given 20 minutes to clean each van-if he didn't finish on time he didn't get paid for that van!!

The site seemed to be inhabited by a large proportion of 'traveller' types-lots of untaxed vans and people with an abundance of gold jewellery-you know the sort. One lot even decided to have a bonfire!!

Some of the staff weren't much better-staff were frequently seen making 'w*nker' signs at each other and the guy in charge of the bouncy castle was about thirteen and unkempt.

The main centre was dirty-they obviously haven't heard of window cleaners in Selsey and the real ale in the main bar was cloudy.

Complaints to BL have fallen on deaf ears.

On the plus side it's in a nice location, the kids entertainment in the evening is fab and the food is quite nice (Although overpriced)

Personally, I'd recommend Haven or Butlins over this place.

Gazmoon's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2011

I strongly disagree with your review. The complex is almost spotless... i would like to see your car after you have been down there... then tell me that it is dirty. they cant help the salt. The pool is brilliant and clean with a gym,sauna and steam room. The facilities are ALL clean and the prices of the holiday are good where places like butlins are well over priced! The shops are the same as my local shops (same price and items). Plenty of on-site shops and complexes for everyone. I would say that the embassy could be a little bigger but there is no way it is as bad as you make it out to be! The staff are exceptionally friendly compared to other places! I have only ever had to make one complaint which was a caravan smelt of wet dog so they changed our caravan and gave us complementary gift certificates for use around the park. The park is large but there are 4 areas. IT IS FAMILY FRIENDLY! you cant control everyone so there will be problems from time to time beyond their control. Food is WELL PRICED! and i highly doubt the staff were making those hand gestures... if so then they would have been fired by now. with the dirty caravan you should ask for a new caravan and they will do that! as i have already said it is FAMILY FRIENDLY! so they won't be putting anyone under any risk... its a brilliant place so how dare you write a review like that... were you describing your kitchen! :@