Three Reviews - www.three.co.uk

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Three www.three.co.uk - Ask a question now

“No signal for over 3 days”

written by Staffordqa186 on 03/09/2021

Long time 3 customer but it has now got so poor I have to move on. Service and coverage has been variable to say the least over the last year or so. I have had no signal for over 3 days and told it will be a few more before get it back. Unable to get into the 3 account as they need to check it is me by sending me a text! I have been using this number for my banking 2FA so it makes that more inconvenient too. And they want to charge me to cancel my contract. Avoid these guys!

“Cannot cancel”

written by MrCustard8XW on 04/09/2020

Cannot cancel I stupidly trusted Three by getting a broadband hub and signed an 24 month contract. I have not touched the thing in 12 months and tried to terminate the contract early. The only way I can do this is by sitting on the phone for 20 minutes before being cut off. They do not accept written cancellations or online confirmations. They send out no reply emails. If you want stress, Indian Call Centres and no service then go ahead and waste your cash. I will give you some insight “Smarty” are owned by these people, so if you’ve had a bad experience bear this in mind.

“STAY AWAY”

written by JOBYMATHEW on 26/10/2019

Absolutely useless company, customer carelessness is the buzzword in THREE.

“avoid three if you can in 2019”

written by NOONE101 on 17/07/2019

worst customer service practically non-existant, they dont let you get through wait times over 40mns on customer service. This goes on for weeks. f you get through they give you worng information ie tell you stuff which is not true. I was without service as ordering new sim card they never ordered it and withou phone for two days.......

“terrible company”

written by Annalisex366 on 17/07/2018

Having made a complaint two months ago I am still waiting for a response. Very bad customer care. They are great as long as they are taking your money but not good at solving your problems. Would not trust the company again and would advise people to check the bill with a fine tooth comb every month.

“No Service Or Care In The World ”

written by donedaddy on 16/01/2018

Multiple address errors and No Online Account The Post Office linked verifying system supposedly won't verify my address but all other utilities no problem. Also unable to log-in to my online account one week elapsed. In dialogue to date with four-five of Three staff but none can assist but claim will rectify with resolution by following basic protocol only. But no online account access. Ring back the consumer to confirm the one address and not multiple - otherwise will take business elsewhere for good reason. It appears your service is not fit for purpose and is restricting whereby costs could be incurred by not having appropriate paid-for-access. I need access now to my account to manage fairly - print the cap confirmation on my daughter's ongoing multimedia usage.

“Very disorganised”

written by swanman70 on 26/09/2017

Ordered two new SIM contracts online at 5pm. Had an email shortly after saying someone would contact me to confirm final details. I had a missed call the following day at 10.30am; I tried to phone back but the automated voice kept asking what number I was calling about - which of course I don't have yet. So, hung up and rang their main number. Naturally I got through to Sales. Naturally they couldn't help, but they did put me through to "Customer Service", which actually sounded like a chap sitting in his shed using a tin can. Naturally he couldn't help either. He kept asking me for the phone number and I kept trying to tell him I didn't have one yet. Eventually he passed me to his supervisor who at least managed to work out who I was and why I was phoning. However he then told me that it was now too long since the original order and, since my details had not been verified in time, he would have to cancel the original order and I would have to start again! Naturally, I declined.

Swanman70's Response to swanman70's Review

Written on: 28/09/2017

Since writing this review, Three have contacted me again with an apology and a reduced-price offer on the SIMS I wanted. For the sake of balance, I should report that this call was much better handled and, had this been my initial contact with Three, they would have had a four or five star review.

Based on this call, the new offer, their coverage and overall reputation elsewhere, I have now signed up with them. Time will tell whether I should have gone with my initial impression; I will keep you posted...

Read 1 Comment

“Excellent customer service”

written by on 19/05/2017

I'm impressed with professionalism of customer service. They brought down my monthly sim-only contract (4GB data) cost from market rate of £24 to just £14 as per letter I received recently.

“Good (Signal issues aside)”

written by KodyWilson258 on 01/05/2017

I like three, good company done a really solid job for all these years with me. Don't have any major issues other than signal weak in my new house and tech support could be UK based. Other than that good company,

“Good (Signal issues aside)”

written by KodyWilson258 on 01/05/2017

“Three.co.uk and Credit Card Security”

written by GreysonMeredith on 20/03/2017

Would you give THREE your debit card details in these circumstances? In May of last year I cancelled my mobile contract with THREE for no reason other than I couldn’t get a signal at home (other than via the app) or at work. I cancelled my contract over the phone and was given a PAC code which I was told would last for thirty-days. That meant, according to their customer service operator, that I would not be able to use the code once that time-span had passed. As far as I was concerned my contract ended during that phone call and irrespective of whether I used that PAC code or otherwise, especially after THREE had unsuccessfully tried to persuade me to stay with them at the time of my cancellation. I did not use the PAC Code or my Three phone number once the new one was in place and at no stage was any mention made of the contract being ongoing if my PAC was just allowed to lapse. I even allowed my Direct Debit with Three to run for a few months to ensure they got any monies owed to them, not that I was using the phone much at all. At the end of November I left the UK but returned last week. One of the first letters in my huge backlog of mail was a December letter from THREE informing me that I owed them forty-pounds. I do not like being a bad debtor and immediately paid it, despite wondering how this had arisen seven months after I cancelled my contract with them. Stranger still, why were they offering to reconnect me (a customer who’d cancelled) if I paid the forty pounds? Further into my mountain of mail I was informed by a debt collection company that they had been appointed by Three to recoup my forty pounds. I phoned the ‘debt collection agency’ to tell them that the money had been paid and to query why it was being sought. They informed me that they were no longer dealing with this file. My (foolish) assumption was that Three had realized their mistake and had withdrawn their claim. On the strength of this, last Friday I phoned Three to ask about refunding my forty-pounds. The first member of their call-centre staff succeeded in irritating me through informing me that I could not have my money refunded as the contract was still ongoing from last May as I hadn’t used my PAC Code. I was then put through to the Three team that deals with cancellations. A Mr Pareish (who has a great telephone manner) told me that – despite not having used my PAC code - he would ensure that “as a valued customer” I would get my money back and he would cancel my unwanted – and previously cancelled - contract. He went on to say that his boss was out of the office but he would call me to authorize it on Monday. Today, I eventually received a call from said ‘boss’ in the call-centre who left me with the feeling that he’d had the conversation that I was having with him hundreds of times before – most likely with former THREE customers who’d left without any refund. In short, because I had not used my PAC Code last year my contract had remained open, hence the forty- pounds debt chasing and despite telling THREE that I was cancelling it. These are the rules of Ofcom, the boss told me. However, he went on, as I was a valued customer who had always paid my bills on time then he would issue a refund order for my monies. Great!....or, at least I had thought so up until this point: “However, sir, the problem is that our Payments Department at THREE will most likely put a stop to your refund as they will not see it as our fault. I will do my best but that is how they view it.” The second problem (deliberately placed hurdle?) – and here’s the security risk - came when he told me that THREE’s Payments Department could not refund via the debit card I had made my forty-pound payment on unless I gave him the “first six and last three numbers from your debit card. That is what they require”. They could do nothing without that, or so he said. Maybe you feel that I should have had more confidence in THREE’s “distant” call-centre and given the gentleman my debit card information over the phone – albeit a substantial but incomplete part of it? Maybe I misread his ominous warnings of THREE’s all powerful but apparently obstructive “Payments Department.” Either way, a distinct smell was beginning to waft down the phone from his end and it wasn’t the guy’s aftershave! I ended the call by informing him that I was uncomfortable giving him that sort of information over the phone, especially as it was fairly obvious through this conversation that THREE had no sincere intention of refunding my money. I told him that the stalemate he was deliberately creating meant that THREE could keep my forty-pounds but – rest assured – I would ensure that an account of my dealings with them would not go untold. Be warned if you have cause to do business with THREE. Their welcome will be far warmer than any attempted farewell on your part, at least judging by my experience. It is worth noting that THREE’s Mr Pareish seemed to have no problem immediately cancelling my account when I was on the phone to him last Friday. Why didn’t THREE do that when I first requested it last May?

“Amazing Company”

written by KaydenceHurst84 on 24/10/2016

I have been with three now for around 4/5 years. I am very happy with all aspects of the service I recieve. they are great value for money! staff are always friendly and useful both in store and on the phone. very happy with the products they have supplied me over the years. Wouldnt go anywhere else any time soon.

“Stay the hell away”

written by RiverCole202 on 23/04/2014

Very bad – unacceptable experience, unreasonable, sly, rottens fraud and rude conduct is all we will say. ASA, Ofcom, Ombudsman and CISAS should be regulated with Three.co.uk with New iPad (3) 4G LTE incompaitible frauds in the UK and be sure we will not be ordering any future mobile broadband ever again.

“money hackers”

written by yasf on 15/04/2014

Very very very bad network ever...EE network is way better..i cancelled my contract last year with no upgrades requested and they kept taking money out of different amounts without my knowledge for good four months untill i looked at my statement...now they are enquiring for the past 2 months and hvnt returned my money n havnt cancelled the contract..please guys dont use 3g..dey r faruds...

“Patched Customer Service but Cheap and Fast.”

written by Linctus on 18/02/2014

I've been with them for two or three contracts now and while I've had some terrible customer service sometimes, they're getting better all the time. Customer service has been good on my current contract, of which I have about ten months left (2yrs). Most of the time it's at the beginning of a new contract and a lot of it is language issues, but on the whole, when things settle down, I rarely have to speak to customers service. The data network is fantastic, I recently received my 4G signal and download speeds were in excess of 44Mb/s which is more than adequate. My phone's broadband has replaced cable so that's a big saving. When in the past their has been an issue with the data network, I've phoned up and found out that it is a network outage, but I was given an estimated fix time and it was back up and running within the time they told me. There are no mobile operators that don't have network issues, it's only to be expected, so that was no big deal. As long as they tell the truth and don't try and palm customers off with excuses then there is no problem The voice network is good, I've hardly had any dropped calls and they have HD Voice which means call clarity is excellent. Talking to anyone without HD voice is almost painful, muffled etc. Overall, I'd recommend them but as with all operators, obtain a PAYG sim beforehand and test the network where your home / work locations are for the best results. Thanks and good luck.

“totally unreliable and awful service”

written by jar3 on 12/01/2013

For over six months three have been fixing a problem in my area which means I can't make or receive calls and random times during the day and text messages arrive hours later or not all!!! I call and all I get is 'wait 14 days and well call back' which they don't, and when I call them back they say the works finished and every thing is wonderful... except nothings changed.... This is just one very small part if the problem. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.

“4 months with no service and unlock code did not work”

written by on 02/01/2013

My complaint is similar to another one posted on getting their phone unlocked. 1. My phone broke and I a dropped it off at the Stratford Upon store to be repaired. The phone got repaired and the store then lost the phone. I dropped it off on August 30 and got it back towards the end of October. It took many, many phone calls and emails. During this period they continued to charge me for a service I did not have! 2. I travel frequently for my job outside the UK and needed to get the phone unlocked. It took almost 2 months to get an unlock code that DID NOT WORK. I have spent 4 months on this problem now and every time I call all the call centre staff do is take my call and then tell me they will investigate it and call me back. I do not understand how hard it is or why it would take so long to get an unlock that will work. Again, they continue to charge me for a service that I cannot use.

“Awful customer service and security”

written by on 07/12/2012

My Three account was hacked when I was due to upgrade and someone ordered a Galaxy Note to be sent to a London address (I live in Manchester). Three were aware of this but did not contact me, I only found out when I tried to cancell my contract and found out it had been extended by two years! Their customer service staff were consistently rude and unhelpful, several times I was told that a memeber of their investigations team would call me and they never did. Even though it was entirely their fault they would not let me cancel the account until they'd got the new phone back off whoever it was, so for a while I was paying for two contracts. I only knew that the problem was resolved when a member of their sales team had the audacity to ring and ask if I wanted an upgrade! Even then, it took several phonecalls to close the account and get my pac code off them. They told me this fraud was a one off, but a quick search on the internet shows that it has happened to other people on Three recently too, all with the same phone being illegally ordered.

“Three - cheatters ,poor customer service, hidden charges”

written by on 16/11/2012

Stay away from this phone and internet provider. Three.co.uk. steal from people, there hidden charges in the contracts. When you want to cancel the contract, they make it difficult for you and delay your cancellation so that you cancel it later and get charged more. Customer service is poor, they can't help you and never understand your point or view nor they seem to bother with your enquiries. Coverage is also very poor. To avoid disappointments, hidden charges and several headaches, STAY AWAY from this three, you will regret it otherwise.

“Stay well away !”

written by Yuogo on 26/08/2012

Absolutely out of order, we have placed an order for the handset as I wanted to go for 24 mounts contract with three, however this never happened, I think I spoke to every staff member of their team, and this never has been sorted out. apparently the phone has been delivered to the wrong person and which it was tactually there fault, because the parcel required signature , !!! Any way, never arrived , never been sorted, They dont know what to do or what to say when I call, I had to cancel. and stop paying them... However I lost 2 weeks for this process, are they going to pay for it ?