Tredz Reviews - www.tredz.co.uk

Tredz www.tredz.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tredz www.tredz.co.uk

Tredz www.tredz.co.uk
Tredz www.tredz.co.uk

“Returning a bike is horrendous. ”

Written on: 21/09/2022 by svJensen1979 (1 review written)

I’ve used Tredz before for smaller items and they’ve always been okay, but buying a bike from them was a horrendous experience. My wife ordered a Liv Embolden 1 on 27 August. She was on the border between sizes but went for a small. When it promptly arrived on 30 August, it was far too big (not Tredz fault) so we arranged a collection from Tredz for 3 days later at a cost of £35 and requested they hold the last XS they had in stock. All fine so far. The collection slot was booked by Tredz for between 1pm and 5pm. We received a notification that TNT would collect between 1pm and 3pm, but when 3pm came there was no sign. I contacted TNT who said it was a failed collection but they would never collect at this time as the van would not be empty. They couldn’t do any more as the customer was Tredz, so a call to Tredz and they arranged it for the following Monday. No collection occurred on the Monday, or the 2 more attempts after this. Tredz kept doing the same thing of booking a collection and hoping it would be collected, but with no success. Finally, on the fifth attempt, the bike was collected but this was just before the Queen’s funeral bank holiday weekend, so it took another 3 days to be delivered. Two days after it was delivered back to Tredz, they’re going to dispatch the replacement, meaning it would arrive while we’re away on a biking weekend (without the new bike that was ordered 4 weeks ago), so it’s going to take over 5 weeks since ordering (and 6 days spent waiting at home) to get the correct size delivered. Customer services are always polite, but just can’t do anything to help and even escalating to a manager took 2 attempts before it was collected.

“Refusing To Pay Cashback”

Written on: 03/08/2022 by Thomas247 (1 review written)

Tredz are refusing to pay the cashback I earned through TopCashback that I earned for this order, despite it being fully tracked and registered as always. The only reason I chose to order from Tredz and not another retailer was because of the cashback offer. Also, the bike build quality was poor, with the gears not indexed properly, multiple bolts loose and even the back wheel coming off, thankfully at low speed, otherwise it could have caused a very serious accident.

“DO NOT BUY FROM TREDZ”

Written on: 27/06/2022 by 1989-Rob (1 review written)

Less than 1* service! I purchased a Specialized Tarmac SL7 from Tredz using PayPal Credit. I then received an email to state that my order had been cancelled as the funds were not available. I was told by an extremely unhelpful advisor that I'd used the standard PayPal route and to contact PayPal. PayPal confirmed that my purchase was made using PayPal Credit and I could also see this was the case on my PayPal dashboard. I eventually spoke to a manager who swore blind that I hadn't used PayPal Credit (hint: I had). I was told that I had to place my order again but risked someone else buying the bike. I managed to place another order for the bike and was informed yet again that I hadn't used PayPal Credit (second hint: I had). The manager called me back and informed me that in six years he'd never seen such an event and apologised profusely. He confirmed that I had indeed used PayPal Credit, despite a number of Tredz employees saying otherwise. I was given a £50 voucher for my trouble. My bike arrived as expected but unfortunately the pedals I'd ordered were NOT included in the box. I called Tredz to ask what the problem was and apparently warehouse CCTV needs to be checked. I was unfortunate to speak with the same agent who took my original call. He was about as helpful as he was the first time around. Absolutely shocking experience and I will never make another purchase from Tredz again.

“Avoid at all costs! ”

Written on: 23/03/2022 by AlexaButcher (1 review written)

Avoid at all costs! Do not buy anything from them! I bought a Shimano FC-TY501 Shimano Tourney 7/8 Speed Chainset from these guys. 5 months later, it fails, threaded, despite being professionally fitted by a mechanic I trust. Tredz are claiming the fault could only have occured by incorrect fitting - really? Even with riding with them for 5 months doing 85-100km per week? Seems like a stretch guys. You've got no chance if something goes wrong. They are a disgrace to the cycling fraternity. Fortunately, both Comsumer Advice Scotland and trading standards are helping us to get justice. Waste of time and money. Customer service is abyssmal, rude and obstructive. Very poor guys - must do better. PS: Just discovered Tredz are owend by Halfords, there's a surpirse, I'll NEVER use them again - and neither should you!

“Unfortunately, it appears that Tredz have mis sold me...”

Written on: 28/01/2022 by yqCrouch217 (1 review written)

Unfortunately, it appears that Tredz have mis sold me the incorrect bike which I have paid for and they have refused to acknowledge, refund or provide a further option of a bike exchange for the correct bike to remedy their mistake.. This is extremely frustrating and stressful to know a leading bike company of this scale are misleading customers and refusing to provide any solution. They have taken advantage of someone who was excited and looking forward to get on a new bike from Tredz, to be involved in this level misrepresentation of goods being sold. I strongly advise any new customers who are looking to purchase anything from this company to look elsewhere.

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 07/12/2021 by davemakebeer (1 review written)

My dealings with Tredz have been some of the worst I've ever experienced. I bought a bike from them and, when it arrived, it already had some cosmetic damage to the front fork. The setup of the bike must have been wrong because on my first or second ride the chain came off as I was shifting into a high gear. Later, after using the bike fewer than 10 times, some kind of issue with the gears caused the teeth on the middle chain ring to bend, which resulted in a gauge in the frame and an unusable bike. What made this whole experience go from frustating to infuriating is that, when I brought the issue to Tredz, not only did they refuse to accept any resposibility for the setup of the bike, they also refused to acknoledge my account of what happened. They insisted on telling me what actually happened. They didn't initially call me a liar, though the implication was there, but in my final phone call with them, I was flat out told that the person didn't believe me. The Tredz team's idea of a good deal was to offer me a marginally discounted replacement - not like-for-like - of the chain set. No mention of addressing the damage to the frame. The idea that I would spend any more money with this company is ludicrous. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

“Poor quality all around ”

Written on: 05/12/2021 by Waltero370 (1 review written)

I ordered a very small 14 inch week bike for my 4 year old. It arrived in a box from an adult size bike and not secured. As a result the crank arm has suffered some scuffs. It was also missing 2 bolts to attach a basket and the break wire was missing a crimped end resulting in a sharp wire on a child's bike. The breaks were also very poorly set up. Luckily I know my way around a bike so I can fix the issues. But flog I hadn't checked there could have been a number of risks for my child.

“Avoid Tredz UK”

Written on: 30/11/2021 by Justin334 (1 review written)

Really Disappointed with there service, I would highly recommend going elsewhere, I ordered the Giant Trance 3 & Garmin Dirt Bundle from Tredz in October, I ordered the bike to come as soon as it was “prepped” & the Garmin for next day delivery! The next morning I was expecting an email from FedEx/ TNT about the delivery of my Garmin, the afternoon came round and still nothing. I went on my account to see if anything had been changed and it still was saying next day. I rang Tredz to receive the news that the computer wasn’t it stock and isn’t expected back in stock for 10 days this was just the start of the issues. I then received my bike to find out that the “prep” they had done was completely shocking, the chain wasn’t on, the gears wouldn’t change up or down and when they did it would slip or drop the chain in between the spokes and last cassette ring, the cables for the dropper post was hanging out the lever, the saddle was rocking excessively, the tyres that were meant to be set up as tubeless had no sealant in & the shockers had no pressure in them whatsoever, a lot more then just fit your peddles & twist your handle bars. After speaking to the advisors or should I say shrugged off, I was told to take my bike to a local bike shop to try resolve the gearing issues & tyres, They couldn’t believe the mess they had sent it in & stated the rear derailleur looked bent this is straight after taking out the box. I received my bike back to ride it for less than 7 miles until the saddle got worse and the cable was still hanging out the dropper & was bouncing around due to lack of suspension pressure. I finally had enough and rang the company, they put me through to the bike specialist that reassured me that if I wasn’t happy to return the bike knowing full well it was used. Once they received the bike I got a message to say it was being inspected & once done had a phone call of one the warranty team saying that the bike had damage on it and that due to it being used I would only receive 85% of my refund so I stated that I hadn’t used the bike for longer then an hour and I hadn’t caused this damage, to be told I’ll have to foot the 15%. I’m really disappointed with the service I have received and having to mess about taking it to the bike shop, arranging collection due to Tredz collection service only working Monday to Friday with nonspecific slots & the arrogance I have received on the phone. Please be mindful before ordering.

“SHOCKING. First time customer. Made an order 2 to 3...”

Written on: 04/09/2021 by Emilioa347 (1 review written)

SHOCKING. First time customer. Made an order 2 to 3 weeks ago, still not received, countless emails back and forth. After making the initial order I received an email instantly, informing me they didn't have my items in stock due to a delay with their supplier and it would be 10 days before the stock arrives.....why advertise products that you don't actually have? Crazy. I tried to checkout twice because I accidentally entered my old card details the first time, the second time I e tered my correct details from my current card and everything went as it should. I'm still waiting for the 2 items I ordered and it's gone past the 1st Septemver which is when they told me they were expecting delivery of stock and they would then let me know when it would be delivered from there. These people are DROPSHIPPING, they sell items they don't have and then fulfill the orders if they get any. They keep sending you emails saying they have a delay with their suppliers (from china) I feel like I dodged a bullet.

“Very poor after sales”

Written on: 21/07/2021 by AdamFox111 (1 review written)

Similar problems to the majority here. Spent £2300 on a bike, the rear wheel fell apart after 400 miles. Bought from wheelies.co.uk, who are uncontactable completely, so contacted Tredz. (who built and sent the bike, and after further investigation, are sibling companies). "Will send you a wheel box, expect it soon", the man from customer service. A week later, no box. Appalling customer service. No answer to phones, or emails. I think my emails scared him. Perhaps he's shy. 2 weeks now, no bike. no urgency, no priority, no apology, no remedy. I will update as the saga continues. Edit: Called them again, spoke to another person today. My first call, the first man had gone for a break, but would call me back. My second call, 15 minutes later, he was on the phone. I think he is avoiding me. Supposedly, TNT are picking up the wheel in the morning, possibly with or without the box. Although he said he would have the box sent, and raised a ticket, it didn't happen. Tredz will look into it, so it doesn't happen again. My faith has expired. I offered to package the wheel myself. If the courier got here first, at least it would be good to go. If the box got here first, I'll slip the packaged wheel into it. So far, £40 spent on having the wheel repaired (although rebuild recommended at the LBS quoted at £97, and £105 in taking the bus for three weeks). Lets see..... Edit 2.0 As you will see from the reply from another person, the wheel got picked up eventually, despite his mistake, and is now with TNT being delivered to Tredz, today (12th July), before 6pm. Let the countdown commence. P.S 20th June was when the problem was first reported. 3 full weeks now. Edit 3.0 Its now the 19th July, a full week they have had the wheel. No replies to emails asking for updates, not even an acknowledgement they received the wheel. Edit 4.0 No answer to emails, so called them. Guess who i got? Go on, guess. Thats right. the first man. He got a piece of my mind. He says, he understands. Empathy is not a trait Tredz have displayed so far. He also promises me an update on progress by end of play today. 5.30pm. I promised him legal action if he didn't. Once again, hold your breath people. Oh, and i noticed a trend of multiple good reviews after i post an update. Usually about clothes ordered. really? do people review cycling short service? Edit 5.0 5.50pm, nothing from the first man. Guess he's as true to his word as i expected. Edit 6.0 So finally yesterday morning (20th July), after another ignored email to the first man, i got a phone call from someone else within the warranty team. Very pleasent, who apologised profusely, then told me my wheel was in the rack, ready to be rebuilt. Finally, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I reminded her if i got the wheel back, and a proper job hadn't been done, it would only infuriate me further. She said she'd call be back by the end of the day. She didn't, but she did however call me this morning (21st). Wheel has been rebuilt - new spokes, new knuckles, everything taken care of. It's with quality control, before being shipped. Expect it back tomorrow (although i realistically think the day after). Lets see, fingers crossed, will it come back? Will it be as good as new? Will i ever get back on the road?

“Clearly drop shipping most items, very very poor...”

Written on: 16/07/2021 by pmMorrow440 (1 review written)

Clearly drop shipping most items, very very poor customer service (takes days to get back to you - if you ever get a reply). Ordered a £110 saddle June 29th. Advised via email of multiple delays. 15.07.21 - ORDER RECEIVED AND IT'S WRONG!!!!! ORDER M/L. RECEIVED S/M. Absolute joke!! Do not use this company. 16/07/21 - After calling Tredz I'm now told that they DO NOT have the item I ordered in stock and can't get it. I've also been advised that to return it I have to pay for the postage because it's over £50 (even though they can send it to me via Royal Mail Tracked which does not cover the item for loss). I then have to drive it to either an ASDA or the Royal Mail sorting office to send it back!

“Avoid! They sell expensive, damaged goods!”

Written on: 16/04/2021 by Daisyn408 (1 review written)

Bought a bike (£1500), it arrived very poorly packaged, with damaged rail guards which were rubbing against the back tyre. Front inner tube valve was damaged beyond repair, & needed to be replaced at cost by me! Seems Tredz are prepared to do absolutely nothing apart from apologise - which is meaningless when I've spent a considerable amount of money, not only purchasing the bike but also repairing it!! Avoid - customer service non-existent!

“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Written on: 17/03/2021 by ozjames24 (1 review written)

Honestly never experience such infuriating, indifferent and inept customer service. All fine when buying the bike - it arrived next day. Pedal crank fell off on my 4th short ride. Took weeks to call me back. Sent me to Halfords for a fix to then tell me they wouldn't allow Halfords to fix the bike. Then the silliness really got going - days chasing to get my bike collected. Weeks chasing a response to then be told it wasn't covered by warranty - the pedal fell off!? After weeks of chasing with no update i was offered an exchange but they had no bikes in my size they were willing to exchange for. Multiple calls, emails and live chat with people who just didn't care and would make promises they had no intention of following through. Finally get assured my bike was coming back next day only to be told hours later it was too short notice to prep the bike - odd because they could ship next day on initial purchase. They simply aren't bothered about you once they've got the sale. Sarcastic, catty remarks from livechat and customer service is the best you can hope for. The repair took a matter of hours yet 6.5weeks on I'm still without my bike.

“Horrible Company - AVOID !!!!”

Written on: 14/07/2020 by moteje (1 review written)

I would give 0 if I could. Horrible company. Sent me mountain bike with locked fork without informing me anywhere about it. Went for a ride, twisted my wrist and bended wheel. After getting back and forth with them, they stated it's my fault and repair like this is not under their warranty. Firstly I was waiting for a month for a box from them, and After that, they say it's not their fault that it takes that long. In the end I will have to pay to fix everything myself, for a bike that I just spent over a grand from them. Customer service awful, running in circles, blaming customers for everything. AVOID at all costs !!! Worst company I've ever dealt with !!!! Hope karma will come back to you !

“Avoid like the plague!”

Written on: 22/05/2020 by Si12345 (1 review written)

I ordered a Orbea team disc for my sons birthday. When the bike Finally arrived (late)Tredz had sent the downgraded model without hydraulic disc brakes. I asked if they could send the correct model to which they said we don't stock the model, you've ordered ,We stock the one that been delivered. why advertise it on your site then? They offered me a £75 discount off of the £414 Which would bring the cost of the bike to £339. I looked online and found Winstanley bikes and biker.co.uk selling the same None disc bike with 3-4 day delivery for £269 and £271. Hardly a competitive price from Tredz. They refused to price match and right their wrong. really poor customer service! Still waiting for my £414 refund Let's see how long this takes! Really disappointed As 4 year old Hasn't got his Birthday bike! I certainly wouldn't recommend or ever use this Mickey mouse money grabbing company again!

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 14/05/2020 by Kearneywr469 (1 review written)

Absolutely shocking customer service, ordered a bike and V12 credit 10 days ago, contacted Tredz today for an update and was told bike was no longer available and no alternative was available. If I hadn't contacted them I still wouldn't know. They didn't want to help the situation and a waste of time, I will never deal with them again and would not recommend Tredz to anybody. Disgusting experience

“Failed divert poor communication ”

Written on: 15/04/2020 by Leebevan (1 review written)

Placed my online order on 4th April… Placed my online order on 4th April 2020. Received confirmation delivery to take place on 9th April. By 14th April no delivery. Tried to telephone but hung up after 30 minutes. Live chat replies taking ages. Eventually told to give delivery a further 5 working days. I explained that I needed the parts and other well known stores where delivering much quicker. Live chat went off, started my conversation again with my order number. No reply, no email. Wont be buying from these again. Dissapointed.

“New Bike”

Written on: 09/02/2020 by Spudle (1 review written)

Fantastic, good value and quick service. Bought a new bike needed a different cassette and derailleur fitted. Ordered Wednesday evening arrived Friday all done. Brilliant.

“Selling USED goods and very unhelpful ”

Written on: 04/12/2019 by DawidCCC (1 review written)

I decided to trust Tredz and during the Black Friday event I bought the pair of MTB Goggles. I got a good deal on them and were really looking forward to receiving them. After couple of days it was delivered, as soon as I opened the goods I was extremely disappointed when I found out that they were old and used, very dirty and missing parts. I contacted customer services and offered them that I could keep them if they will do £15 partial refund as these were used or swap for the same model. They refused to replace it as the price went up and offered me low end model. Because I wasn't able to come to agreement I have to get these elsewhere. I wish I went with Amazon as they had these on offer too and have much better customer services, now the I missed the Black Friday and all the prices are up. I lost money, time and faith in this company and I won't recommend to use them due to the lack of actual help

“Price match garbage”

Written on: 02/10/2019 by rrGibson464 (1 review written)

I asked Tredz to honour a price match with Evans cycles, who are selling an oil cheaper by £1.50, i was buying other things anyway. The response was, sorry but Evans have a postal charge of £4.99 and ours is £2.99 so no price match?! What a waste of time Tredz are, will not go to their website in future when looking for bicycle items.