Boss ME-50 Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Boss ME-50 - Ask a question now

“Forget the ME-50 - get a Vintage ME-5 !!”

written by spirogiro on 10/03/2014

Don't get an over-processed ME-50 get a true analogue and vintage ME-5 Few people realise that the ME-5 incorporates the classic BOSS pedal internals that are now vintage in their own right including the: CS-2, DS-1, OD-2, RV-3, EQ-1, CE-2, DD-2, BF-2 all together with a switchable Noise Suppressor that calms the proceedings. I have an all up-to-date set of BOUTIQUE Patches in mine that gives me classic sounds such as: Univibe, Vibratone, (and other Leslie effects), Rangemaster, Fuzz-Face, Tweed and driven Deluxe Reverb emulations, classic JTM45, Rockabilly, Bluesbreaker, 'Rectified' and 'Twang' - all classic tones in various states - and not modelled!! You can get a set too and upload either via sysex/midi and your PC or manual input. See link where to hear/get them.

“I use a Jay Turser SG and run the Boss ME 50 through...”

written by remingtonbo on 21/11/2008

I use a Jay Turser SG and run the Boss ME 50 through an Epiphone Valve Jr. Overall, this is an outstanding product. I purchased mine used for $200. I'm not sure I'd shell out $300, but for $200 it was an absolute steal.

Spirogiro's Response to 419517_remingtonbo's Review

Written on: 11/03/2014

Don't get an ME-50 - - Get an ME-5 !

Read 1 Comment