Natwest Mobile Phone Insurance www.natwest.com

Natwest Mobile Phone Insurance www.natwest.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Natwest Mobile Phone Insurance www.natwest.com

“£100 Excess !!!”

written by 171Eaton on 23/01/2024

Been with NatWest for over 27 years, first claim on a phone and Likewise want £100 excess? so its not a free benefit with a platinum account then!! Looking at the reviews its a terrible service.

“Dodgy”

written by Brodiec57 on 27/07/2023

I booked to have my phone repaired (after paying insurance for 7 years) (platinum account).WE FIX admitted to making mistake when booking my phone for repair, engineer turned up and realised the booking mistake, now WE FIX want to charge me £100 from £50 ,

“Appalling mobile phone insurance service.”

written by Lyricl458 on 12/08/2022

Today I find myself left feeling very frustrated with the service (or lack of) from LikeWize through Natwest. Dropped my phone, cracked the screen. Go to my Natwest benefits to get my claim started. Get to the part where I need to find a repair centre and there is not one with 70miles! I phone the bank to check this is correct. After going round in circles I'm given a number of the repairers locally (WeFix) who confirmed they have appointments and the stock to fix my phone. They were unsure why NW would not release the slots to customers. NW tried to blame "the system" So I'm left with no other option (apparently) than to pay double for a whole new phone replacement!...Not likely after reading these reviews! Natwest's mobile phone insurance is absolutely useless. 40 years loyal customer and treated like I dont matter when I need to use a service I've paid for! Disgusting customer care.

“Non existent mobile phone "insurance".”

written by Gracieh104 on 11/01/2022

A year or so back I had an account review with a natWest advisor who suggested I move to a silver account. This account costs my wife and I £10 a month on an ongoing basis. Reluctantly I agreed to the change, largely because I saw value in a mobile phone insurance scheme. I now wish I hadn't bothered. Reading the insurance small print I saw that there was a£50 excess for mobile phone repairs. However when I rang the insurance service I was told that option want available to me as there were no walk in repair centers near to me and that the only option was to pay a£100 excess for a postal pick up service. The were a number of local service centres in Derby (6 miles from me)that offered a screen repair service for circa £90. None of which were apparently on the ( very short) approved list. I even offered to take my phone to Nottingham / Sheffield to there approved ismash centres only to be told that wasnt possible! Nice one NatWest; you are now going to loose two long standing (25years!) customers as a result.

“Send you replacement damaged phones ”

written by Elliosg on 08/10/2021

Absolutely rubbish!! They send you replacement phones which either don’t work or have faults within weeks!! My daughter had received 1 replacement damaged in currently on the 4th. Got a massive complaint now going with them. Will never use again and have just ended up buying 2 new phones after 5 months of them sending replacement broken ones and now 6 weeks into my complaint, 2 more weeks and will be taking to Ombusman. Absolute joke!! NatWest you need to move to a better provider.

“Waste of time.”

written by Annaliseu62 on 25/09/2020

Brightstar, waste of time.. 4 extended phone calls waiting, trying to avoid processing a claim to get offered a replacement phone i could buy for less than the cost of the exess payment....this policy comes with a natwest bank account that i know is a waste of time and money, time to stop banking with nat wrst and stop paying them £225 to look after my own money..

“Awful!!”

written by ames123 on 10/09/2019

Delayed my claim as yet again their computer systems are down...seems this happens every other day. Finally picked up my phone which was four days delayed due to the weekend at no fault of my own. They have now had my phone two weeks as they need to replace it and it’s not in stock. I have now been calling since Monday morning and all I’m being told is sorry the computer systems are down. You’re dealing with NatWest not a freaking sweet shop, where’s the back up systems??? This is disgusting because now I’ve been two weeks without a phone but yet you pay for this service not only monthly but a £100.00feee. Just avoid them they are awful awful company to deal with

“Not worth 1 star ”

written by Kaleighc292 on 21/08/2019

Don’t use the phone repair service, yeah they pick your phone up nxt day via dpd. And that’s when the frustration starts, no updates whatsoever, they don’t email with any progress, been nearly a week and no one seems to know anything about the progress, I’m constantly in live chat or ringing up to be told they’ll email me with a update..none come.. I ring up yet again to be told waiting for a part! It’s a screen..surely they’d have plenty! And for me to ring back Friday for update on being sent bk to me! “It’s Wednesday today..” I’m going to cancel my rewards account as this is the first time I’ve used a service and will be the last, Absolutely appalling service,

“Terrible frustrating service ”

written by badertoufic on 07/11/2018

Not someone who would normally write a review. This service has been so terrible I feel like I should warn others. My screen was cracked so claimed. My phone was sent of 10 days ago and I have had no phone since. I called through to carephone warehouse this morning and they said they would look into the situation. Had no call back. I came home to a missed parcel note. I called the delivery company and they sent the phone to my home address when I confirmed it should be sent to my work address with Carephone warehouse. The phone is now stuck at the depot and they will not let me arrange another delivery until Carephone warehouse get in touch. I called Carephone warehouse to explain and they said they incorrectly sent to my home address and now they will look into this again and call me back. Now waiting for a call back to see when I would finally get my phone back which looks like two weeks without a phone.

“Very fast and efficient”

written by Sera1990 on 15/05/2018

Took me under 5 minutes to fill the claim form online and it was accepted instantly and a replacement phone ordered. In less than 24 hours I had a brand new phone. Cannot fault this service.

“Terrible experience ”

written by Mather94 on 12/02/2018

Had a perfectly working phone but broke my screen so sent my phone off, had to wait 10 days for a replacement but the speaker was broken so sent it off again and now the battery runs down in a few hours and applications keep crashing yet they won’t swap it next day I would have to send it off again which is somethjng I cannot do. Do not go with these for insurance! My girlfriend also had a similar issue.

“2 replacement phones broken!”

written by CamdenIngram1981 on 30/12/2017

Last November I made an insurance claim after my original handset broke. To be fair the service I received in getting the initial replacement was fast and helpful. However at the end of November this year the replacement handset suddenly stopped receiving/making calls or picking up any signal at all. After a day if chasing around my network I was told that the handset had been blacklisted. My network could do nothing and advised me to contact my insurance provider. I did this and was advised that T Mobile had blacklisted the phone, most likely by mistake. There was nothing they could do but send me a new handset. This was arranged, I had to go without a phone for 4 days and then go out of my way to collect the replacement from a local Carphone warehouse, as they couldnt confirm the exact delivery time to my house. Despite the inconvinience the new handset worked and Natwest did compensate me. All was fine for just over a month until yesterday morning when I woke up to find the screen malfunctioning. Constantly flickering, screen freezing and black lines down it. Spoke to insurance who arranged for the tech team to call me on another handset so they could do some routine trouble shooting. I waited until the end of the hour slot I was given for a call back and it never came, so I called them. I was told to check for manual updates and do a factory reset(how this would help the screen is beyond me!) None of this worked, so I was told the only option left was to send the phone away to be examined and repaired. I was not happy with this as it was the second handset from them to break and I didnt want it to come back to just break again a month later. This was escalated to the complaints team who called me today to advise they cannot do anything but send it off for repairs, leaving me phoneless for up to 14 days and again having to go out of my way to send it off. No loss of use offered for the inconvinience, no apology for all the trouble. Just trying to escape blame. Completley fed up with never having a working phone and not being offered any realistic help to fix it.

“Absolutely ”

written by qkRose441 on 11/08/2017

I have been using this service for over 6 years and its gone from bad to worse, I logged a claim today to get told they are too busy and can't process it until tomorrow! I explained that i have a disabled son who is away and i need a phone in order to keep in touch with him due to his medical needs and even after talking to a manager i still have to wait until tomorrow for a call back. So now i am left with no other choice but to stay out the night so i can use someone else's phone for my son to be able to contact me

“First time using Natwest mobile insurance”

written by KMyhill on 05/04/2017

This was my first time using the mobile insurance claim service provided with my account and I am so pleased with the service I have received , from submitting the claim form on line to receiving my new phone was less than 24 hours , Really friendly person from Aviva called me back all took less then 5 minutes. My phone has come quicker than the replacement SIM. MASSIVE thankyou to Natwest & Aviva cannot be more happy with the service i received. New handset is immaculate with warranty & boxed. 5 Star service

“Brilliant Insurance ”

written by KamoraMadden on 04/03/2017

3rd successful claim with NatWest insurance, water damaged my phone on the Sunday, submitted an online insurance claim that evening and received a refurbished brilliant condition phone on the Monday. Efficient prompt service and delivery each time I have made a claim. The phones have always lasted and have been good as new, I am surprised to see so many negative reviews! I have previously called to claim and have nothing but positive comments to make about the customer service. Very straight forward and easy, would deffinetrly highly recommend.

Ankutz's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2017

I have heard that even if you pagina the insurance Every month, if your phone is broken or it has Any damage you still need to pay like £70-£75 for a new one.. is it true ?

“Confused at the 1* ratings ??”

written by kgRankin130 on 08/02/2017

Looked at the reviews before making my claim and seen a lot more negatives and positives Regardless of this, I needed a new phone so had to make a claim Signed in to my NatWest account, clicked the mobile insurance link and when to the claims page Told them what was wrong with my phone by click multiple choice answers, then on to the next page when would I be at home to receive the new phone (took me 5 minutes) I made the claim Tuesday 5pm, my new phone arrived 11am the next morning. Can't fault it excellent service !

“faulty replacement phone unable to use phone within 3...”

written by Miah328 on 26/01/2017

Received replacement phone all seemed OK until it started overheating and turning itself off for a couple of minutes before then being ok. Then overnight on charge a small cracking appeared, then phone the next day turns itself off for hours at a time at intervals. Called them to be told I've damaged the phone NO YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A FAULTY PHONE THAT'S 1 - UNUSABLE AS SUB STANDARD AND FAULTY & 2 - HAS BEEN DROPPED A MILLION TIMES BY PREVIOUS OWNER THAT RESULTED IN PHONE CRACKING BY ITSELF PHONE SHOULD BE 100% PERFECT NOT DEFECTS

Tingletoes73's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2017

This has just literally happened to me. I reported the initial fault on Saturday and they agreed to send another phone. Now today (Monday) the crack has appeared. Almost exactly the same scenario. I've called them to tell them about the crack and they have cancelled the exchange. I'm waiting to hear back. : (

“No complaints here”

written by DestineeMcKenzie477 on 29/11/2016

Rang Monday morning with a water damaged phone. Paid the £75 excess. They collected the phone the same day. I was called back next day and told they couldn't get a replacement for my phone (Oneplus 2). So they agreed to pay the full value of the latest Oneplus 3 phone into my bank account. Fast efficient service!

“Do not use Natwest they supply blacklisted and faulty...”

written by RyderSchmidt156 on 21/11/2016

I was supplied with a replacement phone that I spent a long time setting up all my numbers/ apps etc. The first call I then made the other person could not hear me. After several calls Natwest (through Aviva and Carphone warehouse) accepted they had supplied a phone with a faulty microphone and sent a replacement. This replacement worked for a couple of months but then suddenly stopped working. I visited my local EE store, the suggested changing my SIM and waiting for 24 hours. This didn't work and so I rang EE and they said the phone was blacklisted. Aviva and carphone warehouse then gave terrible customer service, it isn't their fault etc. etc. In the end I said forget supplying a replacement phone, just give me my £75 excess fee back, they would't do this as ' it would be unfair on me'. Finally to bring this to an end I accepted a like for like replacement. They then contacted me to say we don't have the black phone in stock. I asked them to email me when one came in, they wouldn't- 'they don't have to under the terms and conditions'. I then have had to ring and wait for over 30 minutes to get through to see if they have one in stock as they could't find anything on their system. Basically, their customer service is non-existent.

Jez2016's Comment

Written on: 24/11/2016

I'm having a bad experience since 8th Nov until today 24th Nov. Customer service is horrible staff member, they are providing customer services as if they own aviva Group, I would not reccomend insuring products with them

“Exchange of broken phone”

written by Waddellil394 on 25/10/2016

Cannot fault the service this time (last time took week to sort) but on this occasion I had a replacement in less than 24hrs. Well done!

Asked by Michaeld1989 on 28th June 2017 Report this content
Hi, i recently had my faulty phone replaced by Natwest, A Samsung galaxy S7 edge to be precise, mobile exchange went well, about a month after the exchange though i put my phone on charge and it set on fire. I contacted samsung immediately and requested that i send the phone to them so they can analyse the fault. they sent it back 10 days later saying that the phone had been tampered with (naturally since Natwest phone replacements are refurbished phones) to which i was told once the seal had been broken when opened up the phone isnt waterproof anymore and that the battery had corroded. I wasnt informed of this from Natwest so what could my next step be? I dont think its very fair that i should pay another excess of £75. any help would be highly appreciated. thank you :)

Asked by santoshKunwar on 21st November 2015 Report this content
I would like to buy Natwest mobile insurance. Can I buy now?

Asked by Jjules1506 on 10th April 2015 Report this content
I have a Sony Experia which has a damaged screen. I have been initially refused a repair online as it is beyond repair. I have only been offered a Galaxy in exchange. Why would I want a potentially 2nd hand Galaxy (going by previous posts) when I have insured a brand new Experia? Who are this banks underwriters? This is ridiculous and I would like clarification as to exactly what I have paid this insurance for and how this can be resolved as I am starting to think I have been mis-sold this insurance.

Answers (3)
Report this content mummy2elliekate Written on: 10/04/2015
Their underwriters are Aviva as far as I know (same insurers as Carphone Warehouse). That's pretty bad, what model of Xperia do you have and what model of Galaxy are they offering?
Report this content mummy2elliekate Written on: 10/04/2015
This is to everyone who says they've had a '2nd hand phone'. Yes, if your phone is replaced you would be given a refurbished handset, the same as any other insurer. This is standard industry practice and would have been detailed in your insurance documents. If brand new phones were given out I'd expect to be paying more than £10-£15/month and £75 excess for insurance! Refurbished phones are often unused phones, perhaps the box was damaged so it was unsellable. Perhaps it was returned unopened. If it was previously used it would most likely have been returned under the short change of mind period and at the very least given a new housing and battery - don't believe the negative things you hear about refurbished phones as they have often been through way more tests than new boxed phones. They don't just send you a phone that's been used for 6 months or returned as faulty. Experience - worked for a major network for 7+ years
Report this content Jjules1506 Written on: 10/04/2015
We don't want a Galaxy that's why we got an Experia! Just want the phone fixed not a replacement! We have a Experia Z3 only 3 months old and they want to give us a refurb Samsung S3. I am not going into the finer points of a refurb unit as not interested in one what so ever. Its like damaging a new Range Rover and being offered a 2nd hand Daewoo instead of e repair!!
Asked by shiz786shiz on 19th December 2014 Report this content
My old phone is registered but my new phone, which I have had stolen is not. Does this make a difference?

Answers (1)
Report this content mummy2elliekate Written on: 10/04/2015
As far as I know you don't have to register your phone before making a claim with Natwest - they are one of the only insurances I've seen to allow you to register when claiming. It just makes it a little quicker to register in advance, that's all.