Hiscox Business Insurance Reviews

• Customer service

Hiscox Business Insurance - Ask a question now

“Unethical ”

Written on: 31/12/2013 by chessmachine (22 reviews written)

I have been with HISCOX for several years without claim when half way through my premium year they informed me they no longer wished to cover me and that all my previous years were also uninsured as it was a Claims Basis PI policy. I explained that nothing had changed since my last renewal and that if they cancelled no one would re insure me as they would think something was afoot. I am totally shell shocked and wonder how I can now trade as a Surveyor. … Read Full Review

“Uninformed and unethical”

Written on: 22/11/2013

We recently purchased business insurance from Hiscox. We are a virtual company and told the agent that our owners live in Montana but that the company was registered in California. She said we should use the address for where we are registered so we did and we went ahead and purchased two policies. Less than a month later, we requested a change of mailing address so that paperwork would be sent to the Montana location only to be told that they do not write policy for Montana and we were not… Read Full Review

Alinacarron's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2013

UPDATE: Within an hour of posting this review I was contacted by email and phone by the managers at Hiscox. They were very helpful and informative, gave a full refund without further pressure from our end, and fixed the issue we had. Overall, while the situation was frustrating and drawn out, Hiscox did provide responsive customer service. We would have appreciated it if their agents had chosen to upgrade this issue to managers much earlier on in the process, but at least it was fixed in the end. Because of their responsiveness, we will be choosing to insure our company with Hiscox. I would recommend the company, but if you feel like you are not getting full answers, speak with a manager sooner rather than later!

Read 1 Comment