Qualcast Lawnraker 32 Reviews

Qualcast Lawnraker 32 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Qualcast Lawnraker 32

Qualcast Lawnraker 32

“Lawmaker 32 Great piece of equipment”

Written on: 20/04/2020 by PeterCB23 (1 review written)

I inherited this machine from my late father. I've used it for years and find it is brilliant. It must be 20 years old now and has only one missing rake wire. That happened in the dim and distant past. If I had to criticize it at all I would say it could do with a bigger collection bin. My grass is in a rural location and weeds come up through it. The Lawnraker 32 deals with it superbly, though I do take care to remove any sticks I see laying in its path. I find that scarifying does just as much to improve the look of my grass as mowing does. I don't understand why so many don't get on with this machine. Maybe some users are careless or just set the height too low. You can tell if it is getting a bit heavy going as you hear the motor slow down. It has been reliable and folds up quite neatly. I'd buy another one as a spar if they were still made.

“Do not waste your money...!”

Written on: 06/04/2018 by Mast463378 (1 review written)

Total waste of money....I purchased the product in 2016 and the 1st time I used it, I managed about 6 feet of my lawn before it refused to pick anything up !! I used the height adjuster on the unit as per the instruction manual but all the tines on the scarifier bent out of shape. Spent a while bending them back but it still picked nothing up. I tried the rake unit but that was useless as well. It has been languishing in the back of my shed ever since. Just dug it out and decided to give it one more try but same result. A piece of junk and £80 down the drain....live and learn but dont waste your hard earned cash on one of these machines.

“Do not buy”

Written on: 29/03/2017 by StanWoodall32 (1 review written)

Bought it on 2014 March 22nd. Used the first year, then used in 2016 once, brought it out of the shed this year 2017 and the motor burned out after 2 meters. I tried to get another motor but no joy. Bought from Argos, surely should get spare parts electric motors etc. Surely when you buy from a firm they should make sure to get spare parts for what they are selling.

“Burnt out Qualcast LR32 ”

Written on: 13/03/2017 by StanWoodall (1 review written)

Burnt out after 2nd time of use in 3 years. I bought it on 2014 march 22nd. I used first year, didn't used second year, third year gotnit out and burnt out. I have 3 small lawns and they are small. And I can't get the motor anywhere. And I have really tried. After 3 years parts for the machine should be still in the market.

“Good at raking but not good at collecting.”

Written on: 29/03/2015 by Bondeo (1 review written)

The Qualcast Lawnraker 32 that I use is 11 years old and still working. It is very good at raking the moss out of the grass. It rakes out lots of moss and thatch but it is far too much for the flimsy collector to cope with. You will need to do the collecting either by hand or with a large leaf collecting mower. The height setting is important. If it is too low and the rake is labouring than the motor will burn out. The motor must be kept spinning at high speed and I find that I need to move the lawn raker backwards and forwards to achieve this. My lawnraker has just broken down. The switch handle has cracked and will not function correctly. There are lots of online suppliers who will sell you a new handle. Overall I am generally pleased with my lawn raker and I accept its limitations. I do not know of a better one on the market. Final sentence - however hard I try the moss keeps coming back.

“Qualcast LRS 32”

Written on: 10/03/2015 by robacis (1 review written)

I bought this about two years ago but as my Black and Decker lawn rake was still servicable which IO had used for many years I used that last year. This year I got the Qualcast out. At first the flimsy tray kept falling off without collecting anything. Then after about 20 minutes of use, the holder for the tine spindle broke making the machine completely unusable. This machine is a total waste of money. Don't touch this or any other Qualcast product with a barge pole

“Not of merchantable quality”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by fairwaystraveller (1 review written)

Bought this from Argos despite the mixed reviews. This was a real mistake! As other reviewers have said, whilst it removed a huge amount of moss and dead grass from the lawn on its first use, it simply didn't pick it up. On the second use, the motor started working intermittently and has now died completely. Absolutely terrible design and even worse quality. Awful!

“Burnt Out Qualcast Lawnraker”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by Angelcake01 (1 review written)

I bought the Qualcast lawnraker/scarifier at the beginning of the May and took it out for the second time to do front lawn and within 15 minutes I also had big puffs of black smoke and a strong burning smell coming from it. I returned it to Homebase and managed to get a replacement but now too frightened to use the replacement in case the same thing happens. Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong????

Ant4142's Response to Angelcake01's Review

Written on: 23/08/2022

You may have the height setting too low , it may be trying to collect too much at once . Try raising the height.

Read 1 Comment

“Burnt out on third use....complete waste of money!”

Written on: 17/05/2014

I bought this about two years ago and this is the third season it has come out of the shed. It worked for twenty yards, changed pitch and slowed and emitted a puff of smoke and that was it! It is still in immaculate condition but only fit for the tip! The two years it worked the grass collection was so awkward that I even preferred raking it up.

“qualcast 1200watt lawn raker and scarifier”

Written on: 12/05/2014 by AshantiHerndon264 (1 review written)

bought this model brand new from an ebay seller, the machine burned out within 15 mins of use, i only have a 25 square mertre lawn, got in touch with qualcast and got no support what so ever,i got told it was not their problem and i had to return it to the supplier, i do not want another as others have the same problem, not up to the job even on a tiny lawn, will stay clear of any qualcast product in the future

“Not fit for purpose”

Written on: 04/10/2013 by Brianjames (1 review written)

I bought my LRS32 some months ago from Homebase and because of personel reasons was not able to use it until the beginning of October. The very first thing that I noticed was that it did not transfer the grass etc into the collection bag, I then spent a lot of time raking and picking up the grass. I later called the Qualcast help line and was told that they knew about the problem but that the machine was built under licence for Homebase and that I should contact them. I do intend to take the machine to Homebase with copies of the comments on this web site and see what they will do. If it nothing I will tell them that I will post adverse comments on the intenet explaining that it is not fit for purpose.

“Great Lawn Rake”

Written on: 28/08/2013 by Ingleby820 (1 review written)

My lawns are very bad with weeds and moss in particular so I borrowed my fathers Qualcast too see how good/bad it was. As most people have said its very effective at removing the thatch but for the life of me I cannot understand why people have a problem with collection. Every single scrap of moss, weed and dead grass goes straight into the collection box! What are other people doing? fitting the collection box upsidedown?! Running accross the lawn in a force 8 gale? I would really like to see video of these people using this rake.....

“Collection box useless. ”

Written on: 25/04/2013

The machine itself is very good and removes an unbelievable amount of thatch from the lawn .......... that's where the problem starts. You then have to follow yourself around picking all of it up by hand because none of it goes in the collection box. It blows the thatch everywhere but in the collection box. To start with, it's an inconvenience, very quickly it gets annoying. It's a shame for a good machine to be let down by this, but - would I have bought one knowing it didn't have a cuttings collection box. Answer - NO.

“not fit for purpose”

Written on: 07/04/2013

as other reviewers have said grass collection is almost non existent,why should you have to rake the thatch removed, the raker should do that.bought this product on friday took it back on sunday for refund.dont buy this raker .

“Raked well for 1/2 an hour and then died!!!!!”

Written on: 16/05/2012 by majengo (1 review written)

This is a very poor quality yhen the one I had for over 20 years.The collection box does not do what is required of it and falls off frequently.One has to emty it every 5-7 minutes.The handle comes off very easily and makes raking a frustrating job.The rake died after 30 minutes of use and I am going to take it back and look for a better Raker. The only plus point is that it raakes well. Haven't had a chance to try the scarifier as the machine stopped working.

“Could do Better ! A LOT”

Written on: 21/03/2012 by paulm2 (1 review written)

Bought this on offer at Argos, what a shame taking it back tomorrow used once. As a lawn rake adequate, but what a sorry excuse for grass collection i had to spend an hour manually raking up the grass.The collection box when not falling off is at such an angle that very little grass goes into it, just piles of thatch and grass all over the lawn. The box it self is of such poor design and quality it might as well not be there.If your lawn is not like a bowling green you will find it hard to push as the flimsy plastic front constantly digs into the ground, in total a very very poor design. Come on Qualcast you must do a LOT BETTER this looks like it was designed by a commitee, in different countries from each other.

“Good but could be better”

Written on: 24/06/2011 by Briggsc (1 review written)

The rake is very effective at getting moss, dead grass and any old debris from your lawn, and it always surprises me how much stuff it actually picks up. I have to agree with the other reviewers here that the basket/pan at the front is a real weakness in the design. It starts to spill the content all over the rake before it's even half full, so you have to stop and either push the content back and down into the pan or just empty it. The mechanism to fix the pan to the rake is also a bit fiddly. However, all in all it does a very good job. I've had mine now for over 3 years and not had an issue with it - mechanically.

“Most upset at spending over double what i spent last...”

Written on: 08/05/2010 by jakedodd (1 review written)

Most upset at spending over double what i spent last time for a lawn rake. If the lawn is not pan flat the stupid handle in front digs in the ground and stops. Annoying basket collects the bare minimum then tips it out over the machine as you struggle to unclip it. Why not have an open basket like my old one so nothing needs unclipping. Very combersome to put in car. Wish i could have had a test run first.

“qualcast lawn raker does what it says on the box ....”

Written on: 05/04/2010

qualcast lawn raker does what it says on the box . surprised how much came out of my lawn . Collection box does not work very well . But the mower picks it up afterwards and the lawn becomes a lot healthier. Not to sure about where to buy spare if needed .

“You get what you pay for! Collection box is almost a...”

Written on: 22/03/2010 by Khobad (1 review written)

You get what you pay for! Collection box is almost a waste of time if only to keep the equipment from falling over. Fairly good at clearing thatch and moss although several passes are needed to finish the job. If the drive belt starts slipping the heat produced can melt the drive pulley as has happened to me on 2 occasions now. Bit of a disappointment. My neighbour bought a cheap scarifier from Lidl does a much better job and aeriates too!

Asked by audrey.davies on 16th June 2020 Report this content
Can anyone help me obtain a replacement tine holder (or tine cover as described in the operating instructions) for a Qualcast Lawnraker 32 Model Number F016301042? There are four on the machine and each holds 8 tines - 4 on each side. They are black moulded plastic and fix on to the pin with 4 screws. Fingers crossed someone can help. Thanks.

Asked by keithandanne on 4th May 2018 Report this content
How do I fit the handle to the scarifier?

Asked by johnguest1942 on 15th August 2014 Report this content
We have a qualcast GLR750 101013 electric lawn raker but have lost the box. Where can we get another box please?