Virgin Money Reviews

Virgin Money
1.5

Virgin Money - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Virgin Money

“Can’t make large payment … they block your card!!!”

written by 1990Daly on 06/04/2024

Took out virgin credit card as I was hooked by the 24 interest free period on purchases. Limit given £7100 as I wanted to pay a large amount for deposit for a car. Went down to pay at car showroom . Put in my card and pin and was declined . Called customer service said block on account as it’s a large amount . Unblocked again Even tried smaller amounts. Now unblocked try again tomorrow. Went back down and again declined and blocked . Spent hours and was hung up on numerous times only to be told they don’t have any managers or don’t know how to transfer to manager . Finally I was told that it is there policy to limit the amount you spend on a single transaction. Where and the way you spend your money with them . I was told to tell the car showroom to take an alternative payment or another way ie cash transfer. That way they make money on the transfer. I told them the card is pointless and their 24 month interest free on purchases is pointless. Just kept on repeating it’s our policy but could not explain their policy. Could tell me my limit per day . I’m glad I found out so early as I could not deal with them if I had any disputes . Avoid!!!!!

“Just awful ”

written by RabNoir on 09/03/2024

Shocking treatment of an 86 year old woman … It took 3 calls to Virgin to enable the use of a debit card on Google Wallet. My mother is 86 and became distressed by the amount of information and obscure questions that she was asked during the first call. The agent then cut her off. During the second call, I advised the agent that I was there to assist, following the issues with the first call. However, when he asked my mother with whom she had a direct debit (stupid question anyway) he overheard me telling her which company she has a direct debit with. This apparently was sufficiently suspicious to terminate the call! No amount of reasoning made any difference.

“Eston Bank Teesside”

written by Bazar on 26/02/2024

Not quite up to date on how to transfer money to another Virgin account.l found one of the staff who guided me through the procedure. Very polite and patience.explained everything ,not allowed to quote who it was., All l can say is 5 Stars and thank you.

“Terrible service, Avoid at all costs.”

written by 274Dominguez on 08/02/2024

Waited over 8 weeks for a reference to trade with a company who required a short reference. Multiple complaints, Staff that hung up the phone on me because he didn't understand why I was so annoyed that they wanted to resolve my complaint after 8 weeks, when they still hadn't resolved the issue as to why I complained in the first place. They do not call back, you can't talk to anyone other than someone who never has any authority to do anything, protecting management from disgruntled customers. Seriously very low standards and should not be dealing with business accounts, Well out of their depth! Save your self a whole world of pain and avoid Virgin money like the plague!

“pain in the behind”

written by Pritchard48 on 18/01/2024

oh my dear what a real pain in the backside this comapny is to deal with any problems. always a glitch or a computer error, wrong department, i dont understand you, im not autorised to deal with this , i cant help you, log into the app (the reason im calling is i cannot do so) i have never heard so many excuses or poor operatives for a supposedly good company. once this is all sorted never again.

“Very very bad ???? ”

written by SaraiFraser on 10/01/2024

Seriously Inefficient, operators difficult to understand. Leave telephone messages instead of emails for deaf person after being requested time and time again to email. Still waiting for them to take a deceased person off an account and the death certificate was given to them 4 yrs ago. Beyond bad.

“Security token not recognised for internet banking”

written by louise333 on 17/12/2023

After 4 days of trying to access my accounts via internet banking and several phone calls assuring me that the problem is being looked at and that there have been a number of reports of the security tokens not working, nothing has changed. How long should this take? 4 days totally too long, people need access to their accounts even more so that there is only 1 week to christmas. Why are all the websites saying that there are no issues and no reports of any problems login in but all customers services are stating the opposite. Someone needs to tell the truth and stop messing people about. At least have the decency to apologise to all the people that cannot login. What a shower!

“Virgin Bank have lost 90,000 pounds of my money”

written by kenziej on 17/07/2023

Virgin Bank is clearly run by negligent and incompetents. You have lost about 90,000 pounds of my money for nearly 8 WEEKS now. Your call center staff know nothing, can do nothing, and don't even know who to write to. I have been using banks for 40 years and Virgin Bank are the WORST I have ever, ever come across. Absolutely shocking.

“Worst mistake ever changing from Yorkshire bank ”

written by McCarthy457 on 17/06/2023

This bank is by far the worst in the last 20 years I have ever ever had to use from the day a change from Yorkshire bank to virgin money. I must try 2030 times a day trying to logon and just constantly says there seems to be a problem, so I go to Google sign in in Virgin Money and it sends me straight back to the app to verify. How do you get round this when the app never works I’ve spoke to Customer Services on numerous occasions and they say I’m the only customer this happens to which I don’t believe due to friends having the same fault so as of Monday I am taking my money and I am going to find a bank that works in 2023. I am shocked by how ???? Virgin Money is

“Stear clear ”

written by Schroeder1994 on 30/04/2023

My virgin saving account is abysmal . Ten times now it's locked me out - stopping me using the account. Ringing Tuesday as its Bank Holiday tomorrow ???? and I'm withdrawing all my savings and will put elsewhere! Diabolical online banking system! Next step research the better savings/investment accounts.... Avoid Virgin like the plague.

“Terrible, poor systems”

written by Lennond250 on 06/04/2023

On 6th April, throughout the afternoon UK time, I have been trying to make a payment. Rejected for no reason. This is the fourth time I've had trouble paying this company (using that company's app on my phone) in the past few months. The first two times I had to ring up, remove a block, and try again. The third time (15th March) I asked them to add the company to the safe list, which they agreed. Payment still failed and went through the whole process again on the 16th, finally getting the payment through. Today, have tried seven times and been on the phone with the department for an hour, passed from pillar to post. No one has any idea why the payment won't go through. IT IS TO AN EXTREMELY REPUTABLE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, AN ESTABLISHED UK BRAND. There is no reason to have this much difficulty.

“VIRGIN MONEY AVOID AT ALL COSTS DIABOLICAL”

written by Jillianx90 on 27/02/2023

NO STARS AT ALL. The worst bank I have ever dealt with. Virgin Money which trades under Clydesdale also the old Yorkshire Bank is and has been for a while absolutely atrocious. The Customer Service is totally useless. It takes, on many occasions over an hour to get through on the phone and if you are lucky enough not to get cut off, the call handlers tell you anything to fob you off especially if you have a complaint. They ignore all the FCA rules to resolve your complaint in the 8 week timeframe, mine is 6 months on and they still have not sorted it and they do not listen when you give them the details of your complaint if they can't handle it they just cut the line. They offer higher rates to try and win customers back. AT YOUR PERIL it really is not worth the stress and time. They do not call you back when they say they will just leave you waiting like an idiot. They loose your ISA transfer forms when they've already confirmed that they received it and get you to go through the process again and don't want to backdate your interest. They are so appalling to deal with. Life is too short to try and deal with such an atrocious bank. Think hard and just check the reviews before you think about going there. All of the other reviews really tell the same story please take note. Save your life because they will just make you wait until you go away. Well the only way to get recompense is the F Ombudsman and Virgin have to pay a high fee, just make sure you log all details of your complaint. So easy to apply. Easier though is to avoid Virgin Money at all costs.

“No access to my own money for 13 months.”

written by on 26/01/2023

Virgin have been blocking EVERY ISA transfer out for 13 months, even fabricating to the Ombudsman about never receiving any transfer requests yet I have e-mails and phone calls from the banks stating Virgin have refused to transfer the ISA to them. Letters to the CEO's office are ignored, and following a visit to one of their branches last week, I am still waiting for the phone call with the answer 8 days later. Read last week's Daily Mail money section on ISA problems and how heavily Virgin feature. Tried in branch last week but due to long wait to be seen, had to return to work and the expected phone call from Virgin never happened. Tried again this week and Virgin could only do a CHAPS transfer.....BUT no-one in the bank could do it and even then, it would take an hour in which I had to waste as I would have to sign it. A chimp's tea party has better organisation.

“ Avoid at all costs”

written by cxAllison443 on 21/01/2023

Ignorant customer service Ignorant customer service, rude and arrogant! dissatisfied or disgruntled employees!. Avoid at all costs. I'm still waiting on my application being approved Been waiting for nearly 4 months now, I’ve contacted Virgin money so many times This is getting ridiculous. This is what you call a Staff sabotage prevents business growth Date of experience: 16 September 2022

“Need knowledgeable customer once they answer the phone !!”

written by AverieCurtis on 14/01/2023

When I try to open " secure messages " online nothig happens and I now have 79 of them ! When you try and get advice you click on the chat link to talk to the "friendly team " and does ot understand a word you put in it. I told it I wanted to speak to someone live and eventually a customer service bloke typed " hello how are you today " I asked iff he coud help me with the problem and then told me the messages are in fact statements. I had to explain that it can't be because nothig on them shows 79 secure messages. He then said ok sign back in with Google Chrome. I told him I would leave it for now thank you but can he anwer a query about emails I have been receiving ? He told me to have a good day and disappeared off line. Such an ignorant person and no intention of helping me at all. When my husband lost his bank card someone could have had a right shopping spree before he got a reply on the phone trying to report it !! Absolutely disgraceful.

“Kept waiting for over an hour with no answer”

written by markaylott on 05/10/2022

How dare they , kept waiting for over an hour with no answer on the phone , to talk to them about my money that they hold, and not only have i been sitting wasting my valueable time , nut i have missed several important calls while waiting and still eventually did not get to speak to them and could not leave a message , Will now be withdrawing all my funds as can not deal with a inefficient company as this as i still need to speak to them but do not have another hour to waste Pathetic service

“Security code ”

written by on 07/07/2022

I am trying to access my virgin on line account. I get through customer I.D. and password, which only I know. Then they send a six didgeridoo SMS to my phone except it does not arrive. After visiting my local virgin bank I saw my balance and details on the bank clerks computer, but she could not withdraw money for me and said they were a clydesdale bank.My on line money is different and to go and phone them. Now I have phoned many times a total of 113 minutes and still can't get my money. They gave me an emergency password (five times) with 8 characters. When I log in it asks for character number 9.I have changed mobiles and it still doesn't work.Worse bank ever.

“Worse bank i dealt with”

written by Hahniv410 on 15/06/2022

Absolute worse bank i have dealt with. Within a week of opening the business account they have suddenly without warning closed the account and put a 60 days hold on the account. They refused to tell me why, but after pushing they hinted that it is likely due to fact one of my transfers involved crypto. I explained that they had not informed me this was not permitted or I would never have done so. However they were not interested and would not even put me through to complaints. Shockingly aweful.

“Beware - designed to nudge you onto the full interest rate”

written by mickyelvino on 05/05/2022

I made one payment 24 hours late so Virgin Money charged me full interest from that point on - suddenly I was paying 22.9% interest instead of 0%. Of course they don't communicate this with you so you find out several months later after parting with £100s of pounds in interest. My fault for paying late, you might say - well I had a direct debit setup which they had inexplicably cancelled. Beware of joining, you may end up being 'nudged' onto the full interest rate.

“My brother and I had to deal with them before, and...”

written by caveatemptor1955 on 29/04/2022

My brother and I had to deal with them before, and after my mother's passing.  We have experienced. VM Went against a signed letter authorising transfer of money from M plus saver to M plus current account. Fallaciously cited concerns with money laundering laws - at time of TV docu regarding HSBC getting away with money laundering breaches of law. (Early part of 2022). Then dictated refusal of payment out of accounts to the estate (executor). On grounds of needing to comply with probate laws; when the amount was well under the prescribed £30,000 limit. Then paid out but with a shortfall of nearly £7,000. Went through the charade and flimflam of an investigation, taking several months of prevarication and procrastination. Completely whitewashed their reply citing no case to answer to me, as the named executor of the estate was my brother. However had been perfectly happy to deal with me by letter throughout. Having served them with notice of death (certificate) on my brother' behalf - living in Hull. Case has been taken up with the FOS and still ongoing as at 29 April 2022. Have asked for due remedy involving restitution; standard rate interest over period of weeks between payment of bulk of account residue to date; and compo damages. However FOS dragging heels and giving impression of being complicitously and duplicitously situated. Having seen very adverse reviews of VM would warn people against having anything (further) to do with these unregulated 'Rogue Trader'. And their operation in a manner disturbingly similar to modern day Nazism. Presided over by Sir Richard Branson; no less...