AutoEBid Reviews - www.autoebid.com

AutoEBid - www.autoebid.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Final review”

Written on: 13/08/2018 by DWP141210 (1 review written)

Hello, this is my follow up to my last review dated 29/6/18. I am happy to report that as of the 12/8/2018 all outstanding problems are resolved. It has been a long journey from initial contact with autoebid to completion, see below; First Contact 11/3/2018 Last Contact 12/8/18 = 22 weeks. In this period there have been a significant number of emails (55 in all between myself, Autoebid and VVM) plus a smaller number of phone calls. You may be wondering why I could possibly recommend… Read Full Review

“Shame about the supplier”

Written on: 29/06/2018 by pymerd (1 review written)

The initial contact with AutoEBid was fine. They were informative and went through the process in detail. However the supplier leaves a lot to be desired. Five weeks ago I took delivery of the Honda Jazz without the car mats I ordered. I also noted that the car delivery driver was sweating when the car was delivered, I thought it was a bit strange as the car has aircon. A few weeks after delivery I went to use the aircon only to find it didn't work. I contacted the supplying company who then… Read Full Review

“What has happened to this site. I have bought a car...”

Written on: 08/08/2016 by Peyton232 (1 review written)

What has happened to this site. I have bought a car from here in the past and have recommended it to many people. I have just come on to look at a car for my son and found the site totally changed. Cant find the model we want. Wants my email constantly. Rubbish. Gave in. It was so easy before. I think I will look elsewhere… Read Full Review

Autoebidcs's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2016

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, we are in the middle of a significant upgrade, which has left some unfortunate poor system features as you observe.
This will be fixed in the coming weeks, and hopefully you'll find a lot to like about our new format and content once live.

If you're still shopping feel free to call our customer service team and we can get you some great prices without the site niggles.

Read 1 Comment

“Not bad but not quite "stress free" and "no win, no fee"”

Written on: 12/02/2014

Bought a car through AutoeBid a while back. We got a little stuck because the dealer we selected stated (in the written bid notes) a “quick delivery time” of 8 weeks, which is why I chose them, given that I was using a hire car at the time. We paid the £400 auction fee to AutoeBid a day after confirming the order with the dealer. Anyway, 4 weeks before delivery (and 4 weeks after paying the AutoeBid fee) I called the dealer, who said that the car had not been built yet and it would be at… Read Full Review

Autoebid_Cs's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2014

Having taken over £200 m in orders, winning government awards, being recommend by the like of Which, WhatCar, The Sunday Times and having thousands of very happy clients we do appreciate the frustrations of delays from manufacturers.

The website does highlight delays are outside of our control but do offer a credit (running a new free auction) in this event. In such cases the car would need to be re ordered regardless of the price (if no cars existed in the country). In some cases other suppliers may have the vehicle available however a new auction would need to run to find out.

In this case it looks like the client opted to take another colour that was available quicker however may have been at a higher cost due to it being a metallic paint.

We do also refund clients on a case by case basis however it sounds like this client did not actually complete our refunds procedure and opted to accept another car from the same supplier.

We stand behind our “No Win, No Fee” strap line as the fee is only charged at the end of the auction if you achieved 100% of all your conditions during the auction. This does not however cover delays in delivery times as these are down to the manufacturer not the dealer but gladly represent only a small percentage of all orders.

Molynda's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2014

I think it is disingenuous to infer that I could have obtained a refund of the auction fee, particularly given that your customer service member at the time stated this was not the case and also given that you just confirmed it in your last paragraph (no refund for delays to delivery). It was after being told I would lose my £400 auction fee if I didn’t source another vehicle through AutoeBid that I felt compelled to pay the additional £400 for a different colour.

I appreciate that you have won many awards and do not doubt that you have many satisfied customers but my personal experience wasn’t great and I ended up £400 out of pocket. The most disappointing thing now is that, whilst grateful you took the time to post such a long response to my review, you thought an apology was not necessary. If you had done then I wouldn’t have needed to follow up.

Autoebid_Cs's Comment

Written on: 01/03/2014

Please contact us at the office and I am sure we can resolve the issue for you to your complete satisfaction.

Jackdaww's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2015

please advise details of your which? consumers association recommendation .

thanks

Marklv's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2017

The normal lead time on a new car is 12-14 weerks. You are very naive if you thought you could have it sooner. Delaers will tell you anything to get a sale - use your common sense.

Read 5 Comments