Mapex Saturn Series Reviews

5.0
  • Sound Quality

• Appearance

Mapex Saturn Series - Ask a question now

“Best investment I've made”

written by on 24/09/2012

I've been extremely pleased with my Mapex Saturn Series (Transparent Walnut) drum kit. The sound is amazing and the wood grain,laquer shells not only look fantastic, especially under stage lighting, but the sound is awesome. Professional sound technicians continually give me two thumbs up on the quality sound these drums eminate. My Mapex kit has been favorably compared to other higher end (and higher priced) drum sets. Store dealers also rate this drum kit highly due to reasonable price, great sound and great warranty. If there's one downside, it's the unavailability of Mapex hardware. Cymbal stands, pedals and thrones have to be ordered by mail. Other than this minor setback, I am extremely pleased with my and recommend it highly.

“When it comes down to over all sound, craftsmanship,...”

written by on 14/11/2009

When it comes down to over all sound, craftsmanship, and affordability,
No drum in the world even comes close to the Mapex Saturn.
This kit has a unique blend of maple and walnut that no other drum has.
This is a high end kit at a slightly higher then mid level price!
The lacquer finishes are outstanding! 8 coats of hand applied lacquer!
Are you kidding me!! who else does that?

One of the things i love most about this kit is the sound. Loud,warm,and true!

Try the rest, then buy the best. MAPEX SATURN ROCKS!!!

“Sound, absolutely INCREDIBLE!, Hardware, Bering edges...”

written by swishzam on 23/12/2008

Sound, absolutely INCREDIBLE!, Hardware, Bering edges are perfection, tuning range is beyond Saturn, quality of the Mapex Saturn is tops!
I have played almost every kit on the market today and past kits dating back to 1985... This kit shares some qualities with only one other...the Mapex Orion, but in my opinion, the walnut application makes this kit sonically speaking, just outstanding!