La Trattoria, Talbot Green, Llantrisant Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

La Trattoria, Talbot Green, Llantrisant - Ask a question now

“i was driving home from work one day and i was stuck...”

Written on: 23/09/2010

i was driving home from work one day and i was stuck in a lot of traffic and noticed trattoria. i rung my husband and decided to eat there and then. the restaurant was really busy and they fitted us in stright away, the food was excellent as was the service! and finally a restaurant that deos not charge service charge, amazing in every single way!! been eating there every week since! great early bird dinner!… Read Full Review

“we dined sat evening and the restaurant was packed!!...”

Written on: 07/08/2010

we dined sat evening and the restaurant was packed!! great atmos and friendly staff.food was real italian and very fresh. lovely place to spend a birthday as they play a birthday songand make a real big fuss.10/10… Read Full Review

“This restaurant has a very laid back feel, service was...”

Written on: 25/06/2010

This restaurant has a very laid back feel, service was quite slow. There were obviously a few customers who knew the owner/chef(not Italian)and they did seem to be chatting together a lot. Food was ok, wasn't hot, may have been wating to be served? It's quite expensive for what you get, and I won't be returning… Read Full Review

“Let me start by saying the positive, the food was...”

Written on: 02/01/2010

Let me start by saying the positive, the food was excellent.

Now for the bad news, the service was appalling bad. We had to wait over 25 mins for an order to be taken from my wife & I, which was painfully frustrating.

There was also confusion of which menu we could order from. The time in between courses was unbelievable, having to ask for things more than once and correcting errors! On entering the restaurant we were greeted (by what we believed to be) two members of staff, one of which… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2011

We have been to the restaurant twice,the 1st time was amazing, great food and service. This prompted us to book for valentines day, 6 wks in advance. That night was totally different and we havent been back since. The manager treated us like we had walked in off the street expecting a table, we were made to order in the bar, before we sat at our table as they were busy, and as we sat, our starters were already on our table. 3 courses took 30 mins as we were rushed to order and eat, and when we paid, the manager/owner slammed our change down on to our table, so effectively our valentines meal, planned for nearly 2 mths, lasted 30mins. Never again

Read 1 Comment

“La Trattoria is the only family run restaurant left i...”

Written on: 18/09/2009

La Trattoria is the only family run restaurant left i think! lovely welcome, and how the owner remembers every customers first name is just amazing!.
really lovely place and always busy!. rustic and warm restaurant with loads to offer on the menu, im also a veggie and there is more choice for me there than any other restaurant ive been to!!!
all the best and this restaurant deserves a lovely review … Read Full Review

“I loooked at La Trattorias menu on their website...”

Written on: 01/06/2008 by oat345 (6 reviews written)

I loooked at La Trattorias menu on their website before leaving, and found only one vegetarian dish. As the table was booked by a friend for their party, I went anyway. On the evening I went I could not find any vegetarian dishes on the menu and instead had to ask for a cheese and bacon pasta dish without the meat. When the dish arrived it was very greasy and I could not taste any cheese. When the group finished our main course we asked for the dessert menu, but after thirty minutes it still… Read Full Review