Rettendon, Essex The Lodge Country Inn Reviews

Media Gallery for Rettendon, Essex The Lodge Country Inn

Rettendon, Essex The Lodge Country Inn

“Service with a smile”

Written on: 16/09/2013

My wife and I have visited the Lodge on a few occasions but mostly had bar meals, We treated Family and friends to a meal in the restaurant yesterday, 15/09/13. The waitress, was very helpful and cheerful, the food was excellent, not overpriced as I have noted in other reviews,I also want to make it clear I am in no way connected with this venue, as has been suggested by other reviews. The bar Meals we have had on previous occasions have also been of good quality, and I do understand that… Read Full Review

“happy birthday”

Written on: 14/07/2013 by toolboxtuvey (1 review written)

i have read some of the reviews posted so i have to put my review. we heard about the lodge from a friend a few weeks ago and decided to give it a go.the food we had varried from carvery and burgers to salards. all were very good and hot and plenty of it.the salards were to a high standard. the staff were very helpfull and polite. the area for the kids to play were at the top of my grandsons list to come back for. the only fault i could find was the lenght of time we had to wait but on that… Read Full Review

“NOT THE BEST FOOD”

Written on: 26/04/2013

I had a cavery here one sunday with my girlfriend and the 2 kids,this was about 4pm well it was horrible the potatoes were on the cold side and the meat was also cold,and the person serving didnt have any manners,never again… Read Full Review

“Nice afternoon had by all!”

Written on: 17/02/2013

We booked the Conservatory for our Caravan Club Lunch. There were 42 of us and we all had the Carvery. Unfortunately the turkey ran out after 38 of us had been served, as well as all the other people in the restaurant, so the chef cooked us chicken breast which was tender and succulent. There was no shortage of food. Some had starters and desserts too which were all very nice. [name removed] was the waitress and she gave us very good service. We all agreed we would go back again, in fact… Read Full Review

“Not good food ”

Written on: 06/01/2013

My husband and I ordered steak and ale pie with mash and peas. We waited about 30 mins , which is reasonable for a cooked meal I think. However the meat ,though plentiful was burnt in places and the gravy was congealed. I'm sure the mash was packet mash with some herbs added and the peas were microwaved but not enough to cook them properly. Oh and the 'pie' consisted of a rectangle of tasteless puff pastry. We were very disappointed. The other diners had food which was more like 'fast food'… Read Full Review

“Don`t EAT There!”

Written on: 28/08/2012 by ruddles (1 review written)

We thought we would go to The Lodge this Bank Holiday only firstly to be met by, how can i say, a woman who looked like an old palm reader you used to find on a seafront, greeting us.Later finding out her name being Paula (Who ever done her make up and hair should be shot!)Trying to get to the bar in the first place was an effort as well as there seemed to be a gathering of bar proppers on the left hand side of the bar. One women had what i thought a hat on, later finding out it was her hair!… Read Full Review

“I had to write review as ive had completely different...”

Written on: 09/05/2011

I had to write review as ive had completely different experience! Paula and diane have been nothing but accomadating. They have gone out of there way to make our wedding day as stress free as possible and to help as much as they can.Ive even spoken to chef as i asked for dessert that is not on menu and even he has agreed to make it for our special day. I am so excited and have every confidence in Paula and the rest of the staff that our day be stress free and relaxing… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2011

Kewl you solhud come up with that. Excellent!

Cyndyj's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2016

I agree with the above totally. All staff were friendly and helpful to us when we planned our Silver Wedding lunch recently. On the day they accommodated our every wish and the children were given ice lollies etc if they didn't want the sweets on the menu. Price was very reasonable too. Our day was totally stress-free. Have put a full review on Trip Adviser.

Read 2 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“At present we have our wedding reception booked in The...”

Written on: 29/05/2008 by carolannew (3 reviews written)

At present we have our wedding reception booked in The Lodge Country Inn in 7 weeks time. So far i have tried 8 times to book an appointment to go in to discuss the menu.

5 times i was told there is no one available. How difficult is it to make a booking.
We finally got one appointment, only to turn up and they had a power cut, could not let us know as they had no phones. Strange that they knew what was happening with the electricity though.
Booked another appointment only to come home from… Read Full Review

Carolannew's Response to carolannew's Review

Written on: 10/06/2008

Well all is well that ends well - we have managed to find an alternative venue that we are very happy with.
<br/>The lady at The Lodge was very rude to me when I phoned to cancel.

Read 1 Comment