Dodge Avenger Sport Reviews

Dodge Avenger Sport - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dodge Avenger Sport

Dodge Avenger Sport
Dodge Avenger Sport

“Probably one of the best cars I have ever bought. I...”

Written on: 24/12/2008

Probably one of the best cars I have ever bought. I paid 3300 dollars for my 98 dodge avenger sport with 98,000 miles on it. It was worth every dime. Only minor problem that I was weary of was the feeling of cheap door handles. The previous owner replaced them once before. Oh well. The car also turns a lot of heads on the roads because of it's classic look. You can take corners like no other with this car. All my friends are jealous because they have stupid mercury cougars that top out at 110… Read Full Review

“very nice - the Dodge Avenger really turns heads. The...”

Written on: 08/02/2008

very nice - the Dodge Avenger really turns heads. The power is awesome too - 0 to 60 under 8 seconds - not bad!… Read Full Review

“The Dodge Avenger Sport Is the worst piece of junk...”

Written on: 09/06/2004 by so disappointed (1 review written)

The Dodge Avenger Sport Is the worst piece of junk ever. My 1999 avenger's transmission died at 56,000 miles. I've been looking online & talking to mechanics, and apparently this is common with dodge cars… Read Full Review

“I bought my Dodge Avenger Sport(1998 Black with grey...”

Written on: 25/03/2004 by aVen6er (1 review written)

I bought my Dodge Avenger Sport(1998 Black with grey interior) a year ago and it is a very nice car. I have a full custom cat back exhaust(magnaflow mufflersx2)and sounds smooth. I have also bought a reactive cold air intake that makes my car sound louder then most Civics. (which I might add suck) anyway I have plenty of future plans for it. I plan to get a twin turbo for it (and yes they do make those for it.) dropping an 3000GT motor in which will give me tons of horsepower. (trust me) for… Read Full Review

Robert Borris's Response to aVen6er's Review

Written on: 04/05/2006

I bought my 1995 avenger I never thought a car could have so many problems I put full exhaust front to back from noyzboyz 1300$ hundred later. I had the car on the road for three months and it broke down again. It is in emaculate shape in and out . if anyone wants to buy it just let me know. 1500$obo.

Read 1 Comment

“I bought my Dodge Avenger Sport (1999)in black about 4...”

Written on: 09/12/2003 by Tucsontim19 (1 review written)

I bought my Dodge Avenger Sport (1999)in black about 4 months ago, its nice with grey leather interior, I have upgraded some of it, I added a full sony explode sound system 6 1/2's in the front and sony explode 6x9's in the back, with amps running them, also have 2 12" new sony explode subs, with 1000 watt amp. the system is nice, I also put a full cat back exhaust system, and a aem cold air intake, I plan on getting the performance chip and headers soon, also getting a shift kit( i have a… Read Full Review

“I bought my 2000 Avenger Sport a couple of weeks ago....”

Written on: 18/11/2003 by Rhonda27 (1 review written)

I bought my 2000 Avenger Sport a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoy it alot. It is candy apple red and has dark tinted windows. I like the fact that when it rains, I have nothing to worry about because it handles really well on the road. That is important when childern are involved. I wish I would have bought a Dodge sooner… Read Full Review

“Bought the Dodge Avenger Sport in 2002 and upgraded...”

Written on: 21/04/2003 by mellesy. (1 review written)

Bought the Dodge Avenger Sport in 2002 and upgraded tires, sound system, remote locks and engine starter. Great upgrades and will do more later. The car is great and handles great especially around corners at high speeds. Acceleration could be better but with engine mods, it will be good… Read Full Review

217838_Tiffiney's Response to 90937_mellesy.'s Review

Written on: 21/11/2005

I purchased my 1997 Dodge Avenger, six months ago and i love it. It had one owner and she kept it up pretty well. The only major problem that i have had so far is that i let my car run hot and it bent my valves, other than that my Avenger is off the chain.

Read 1 Comment

“I love my Avenger! It is my most valuable item! It's...”

Written on: 15/04/2003 by Brock. (1 review written)

I love my Avenger! It is my most valuable item! It's sporty, rides beautifully, stock speakers are great! Has a cd player and tape player! great on gas...comfortable for everyone, plenty of trunk space, quiet, affordable! It was worth every penny!… Read Full Review

“my black dodge avenger has 2 12in. kicker comps. ”

Written on: 10/04/2003 by Roach. (1 review written)

my black dodge avenger has 2 12in. kicker comps.
it is black with black leather. and has yellow and black interior and has yellow ground effects and yellow neon lights on the tires and the rearview mirrors. it is always clean and never is under 1/2 a tank… Read Full Review

“My 96 Dodge Avenger is a great looking car. I just...”

Written on: 05/03/2003 by AvengerOwner. (1 review written)

My 96 Dodge Avenger is a great looking car. I just wish it was as fast as it looked. The 2.5L V6 is perhaps the most gutless engine I've ever been behind. Another unfortunate thing about the car is the COMPLETE LACK of availability for performance parts upgrades for the V6 engine. This is very unfortunate as the Avenger is not a very popular car as far as numbers on the road are concerned. Perhaps if I had the 5 speed as opposed to the auto it would be slightly faster but for now it is just… Read Full Review

84102_Joe.'s Response to AvengerOwner.'s Review

Written on: 28/03/2003

Turbocharge it. Its expensive. the kits are close to $3k but then u'll smoke mustangs n such. ~Joe

218563_Vinny66's Response to AvengerOwner.'s Review

Written on: 26/11/2005

I want to change my avenger over to a standard with the v6 is there any way of doing it short of swaping out the motor and tranny from a 3000Gt????

149370_Seanvr4's Response to AvengerOwner.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2004

Either put the 4 cylinder with a 5-speed in it because the 4 cylinder is just as fast as the v-6 if not faster plus you can put anything on it that you can put on a second gen eclipse because the engines and trannys were built by mitsu for the avenger, or theres an electric supercharger for the v-6 that gives like a 3 second better quarter, you can find it at www.boosthead.com

147438_Redline's Response to AvengerOwner.'s Review

Written on: 12/03/2004

Not true, they make a kit for our cars. Yes the V6... go to www.teamert.com for all performance parts for avenger/sebrings...

109457_Josh.'s Response to AvengerOwner.'s Review

Written on: 21/06/2003

Its gonna cost more than 3 large to turbo a v-6. i went to a world famous shop to have my v-6 turboed but they wouldnt touch it. i found 1 guy in houston and a guy from dallas that will do it but its gonna cost about 5 large. they dont have manufactured turbo manifolds for our car so they have to make them. but, u can take a 2nd gen eclipse turbo and mount it strait to the bottom of ur header but the turbo will hang real low. other than that u need to win the lotto.

Read 5 Comments

“I love my dodge avenger. I had a ford probe GT but...”

Written on: 08/08/2002 by Heather. (1 review written)

I love my dodge avenger. I had a ford probe GT but that thing was garbage and never will drive a probe ever again. Once I saw my car I bought it that week cause I loved the look and everything about it. Yeah ok you can't see really when you back up and the tires make a loud noise on the highway but other then that its awesome. I think my friends were even jealous cause i had a kewl car! :) Once you drive it you'll fall in love with it. My boyfriend likes driving it too and hes had a 92… Read Full Review

“I bought my '98 Dodge Avenger Sport two months ago and...”

Written on: 25/05/2002 by Man2machine. (1 review written)

I bought my '98 Dodge Avenger Sport two months ago and love it! It had 31k miles on it and is pristine. Beautiful styling, great handling, a pleasure to drive. I upgraded the sound system a little with new 6 X 9s in the rear and a 200 watt amp for them as it did not come with the Infinity sound system. Cd and tape are factory and work very well. Power windows, locks, brakes, steering. Auto transmission, but don't let that bother you if you are looking for one of these cars; it is very strong!… Read Full Review

Sweet Veng's Response to Man2machine.'s Review

Written on: 26/10/2003

<br><br>this place can get you a turbo and set you up with the not so gutless 3.0 as opposed to the 2.5 they also have a manual conversion.

212648_Trevor Nuismer's Response to Man2machine.'s Review

Written on: 05/10/2005

I got my 1995 avenger about a year ago and i love it its the best car ive had. These cars are great for teenagers because there is so much you can do to them. Somthings ive done are tint the windows, customs rims, new hood, new tires, and headlight covers. Being a 2.0 its not the fastest car but it rides great. These are very sharp cars and easy to pimp out.

Read 2 Comments