Evelyn Julia Kent,Eva Schloss, Eva's Story: Survivor's Tale by the Step-sister of Anne Frank Reviews

Media Gallery for Evelyn Julia Kent,Eva Schloss, Eva's Story: Survivor's Tale by the Step-sister of Anne Frank

“Eva's Story is a remarkable tale of a teenage girl...”

Written on: 24/05/2004 by Abbey1988 (1 review written)

Eva's Story is a remarkable tale of a teenage girl stuck in the brutal world of the Auschwitz death camp. I was completely baffled with the events in which Eva described, but unlike many stories of the holocaust Eva's is her own. She lived through it under the most extreme circumstances, and has been brave enough to share her courageous nightmare that she and her amazing mother survived through. I now am the same age Eva was when her world was controlled by the Nazi Germans. I cannot even begin… Read Full Review

Clartzy05's Response to 156471_Abbey1988's Review

Written on: 30/03/2005

I am fortunate enough to be very good friends with Eva! But even before I knew her, I saw the portrayal of her story through theater, and I knew I had to read her book. I am 17 years old, and I am very fortunate to know her, to share experiences with her. I portrayed Eva's mother in a production of her play when I was 16, and it was an experience I will never forget. The rest of the cast and I cried every night because the truth, the story was so intense, so moving. It seemed so unreal, and yet it was. Eva's book is an incredible learning tool. Her story is one that is shared around the world. It is virtually impossible for me to imagine going through such torture and suffering, even after the experiences I have shared with Eva. Just the fact that such a thing happened, boggles my mind. It leaves me speechless. I give much more than 100% recommendation to anyone for reading this book. It truly leaves me speechless.

Read 1 Comment