Hoppa.com Reviews - www.hoppa.com

• Punctuality

• Easy to find

• Comfort of journey

Summary

Note from Review Centre: Resort Hoppa rebranded to Hoppa in October 2016.
Hoppa.com - www.hoppa.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hoppa.com - www.hoppa.com

Hoppa.com - www.hoppa.com

“Worst airport transfer experience ever”

Written on: 01/10/2022 by BrennenDickey (1 review written)

This is the worst airport shuttle service I have ever taken in 50 years of traveling the world. We waited 30 minutes past the scheduled pickup time at a hotel near Heathrow Airport and then spent another 30 minutes picking up people at other hotels -- and leaving many, many more behind -/ before passing our original pickup point and getting on the road to the airport. All told, our travel time was an hour from a hotel 1.1 miles from the airport. And since we're used to free airport shuttles in the States, the 6 pound per person charge was a shock. We had taken the alternative--a 1 pound 60 pence public bus -- to our hotel the night before, and that experience wasn't much better, though cheaper. Next time I would spring for a cab or a hotel on the airport grounds.

“Poor experience”

Written on: 28/09/2022 by BUDDYPAWS (1 review written)

Booked hoppa transfer well in advance Malaga airport to Torremolinos on 29th September.Should have landed at Malaga 2100 hrs 3hrs delay leaving Manchester.Sent 3 messages to hoppa and tried to ring them,each number not in service. Arrived at 2359 hrs no taxi.Paid 20 euro for another taxi.Rang the drivers number he was rude and just said he only waits 1 hour and rang off. Will never use thus company again and not recommend them.

“Terrible company! Stay clear”

Written on: 29/08/2022 by Tlc5566 (1 review written)

Booked my holiday transfer 4month in advance with hoppa and paid for it in full. Before picking us up we were advised of the time they were due which we weren't overly happy with as we were advised there were delays at the airport checkin and security and this means we would be really rushing to catch our flight but after contacting hoppa to try and change the time we were told no amendments could be made to the booking. We left it with the arranged time and waited 45mins to be collected tried ringing the emergency number they gave on the confirmation email no answer so had no choice but to call a local taxi firm. Ended up paying nearly double the cost again to be late. Customer service is equally as bad. I will never use this company again and would definitely not recommend as I have seen other people have the same problem.

“Hoppa cancelled booking but took all the payment ”

Written on: 07/08/2022 by Kaleighh11 (1 review written)

Hoppa are an appalling company. They cancelled my booking for this week and have refused to refund any of the full amount that I have already paid. Please avoid this awful company.

“Driver didn't show up”

Written on: 28/06/2022 by Scjefferies (1 review written)

Waited at malaga airport for transfer for over an hour. Couldn't get hold of hoppa at all. Made other arrangements for returning to the airport as didn't trust hoppa. Have since tried to contact them via phone, email and Facebook but no joy. Absolutely disgusting. Have booked with hoppa in the past and no problems but wish I'd read the more recent reviews before booking. Waste of time and money

“Do not book Hoppa”

Written on: 05/06/2022 by McCartneymi477 (1 review written)

Booked holiday in Mallorca including transfers (Hoppa booked via agent). Landed after 10.00pm, no one there to meet us. Took ages to find the Hoppa desk. Person there said our agent had cancelled our transfers. Arranged a new transfer, at a cost of sixty euros (paid cash of course!) , and got a coach to our hotel. No comms on, or before, the day of return so we had to make our own way back to the airport. Spoke to another person at the desk who claimed to know who had messed up but said we would have to deal with Hoppa in the UK. When we contacted Hoppa they said the original transfer would have to be dealt with via the agent, and the 2nd one we would have to deal with Hoppa in Majorca - although they didn't provide any contact details for this! Two transfers messed up & one common denominator. We'll get a refund from the agent for one of them, but Hoppa UK seem satisfied that their Majorcan colleagues have taken sixty euros off us in their name.

“Shocking service.”

Written on: 01/06/2022 by jeHernandez158 (1 review written)

After arriving at Palma airport we were unable to find our driver and had been given no instructions from hoppa on where to find him. After a few phone calls I managed to eventually find him. For some reason our driver had a female co pilot with him which was handy as both were equally useless. On route to the hotel and after many many wrong turns and doubling back on ourselves several times I realised on their satnav they were taking us to the wrong hotel. I then put our hotel into the satnav on my phone and handed it to the driver. Again both the driver and co pilot seems totally baffled and unable to follow a very simple route. 3 times we were within 2 mins of our hotel and again they couldn't follow the satnav and before we knew it we were back on the motorway heading away from the hotel. After 45 mins of this I was rapidly losing patience with them but fortunately for them they couldn't understand a word I said. A very simple 10-15 min journey ended up taking almost an hour. Would not recommend and would not use again

“Appalling service”

Written on: 14/04/2022 by barry08 (1 review written)

Beware if you are thinking of using this company! If it takes more than 35 minutes to clear covid checks, border security & collect your luggage the transfer will leave & accuse you of not showing up. Our airport transfer taxi only waited 35 minutes after our flight had touched down in Sharm El Sheikh,not giving us enough time to be transferred to the from the plane to the main terminal, clear Covid pass checks, border security & collect our luggage. Hoppa (as per their criteria) admitted that taxis should wait for 1 hour from the plane landing, but refused to accept responsibility as we didn't phone the taxi Company when we couldn't find their driver. The fact my phone's sim would not work in Egypt wasn't taken into consideration & Hoppa dismissed our complaint as a 'no show' on our part despite their driver leaving 25 minutes before he should have done. An unreliable company that doesn't care about its customers - avoid & use a company focused on providing a good reliable service.

“Do not book with Hoppa Transfers”

Written on: 25/02/2022 by DThomas64 (1 review written)

Do not book with this company - we arrived at Tenerife airport & there was no sign of our transport, we booked a private car. We telephoned and were referred to one of the offices at the airport where the transport office had a representative - he did not speak english so it was very difficult however with our booking confirmation he starting ringing their office. They were no apologies at all, just shruggs and we were eventually taken out to the roadside to wait - he was continuously phoning them and eventually after 55 minutes a very tatty mini bus turned up for us. We were not the only Hoppa customers there - another couple were in the same boat and had been waiting longer than us. No with absolutely no faith in this company we cancelled the return journey to the airport and asked Hoppa for a refund for the return. They have refused point blank - just given us a credit note (as if we would use them again!) & £14.00 of the outward journey which we did not request - we were eventually provided with the first journey albeit in a dirty minibus but we had to arrange our own transport back to the airport as we didn't trust them and this had to be paid for. I will never book with Hoppa again and Absolutely DO NOT recommend them

“Do Not Book with them! Take your money and run! They...”

Written on: 03/01/2022 by Robertspm356 (1 review written)

Do Not Book with them! Take your money and run! They will charge your credit card and won’t show up to pick you up at your scheduled time. If you want to be stranded then go with them!

“Nightmare company that doesn't turn up and will not...”

Written on: 26/08/2021 by jtelevision (3 reviews written)

Company who do not turn up then will not refund you. They left me stranded with my small children when they failed to turn up. They were uncontactable by phone (including their "emergency" number). I now need to lodge a charge back with my credit card company as they will not refund me and will only offer a credit for their useless service.

“Terrible”

Written on: 28/07/2021 by Gj917 (1 review written)

Flight cancelled, can’t go on holiday- Hoppa refusing to refund, we don’t want your credit voucher so you can hold onto my money! DO NOT USE

“Awful experience all round ”

Written on: 23/07/2021 by Kkkkkk.aaaaaaa (1 review written)

Awful experience. I wouldn’t recommend this company. For two reasons. One they weren’t at the airport with a pick up sign as they had specified they would. The pick up was operated under a completely different business name to the one they supplied me which meant a real hassle trying to find out where to go when I arrived and felt really stressful. Secondly, after making the booking in the first place they told me the needed more information but their system couldn’t edit so I would need to cancel the booking I had just made (and had to pay for) and make a new one and pay for that one too. It has been nearly two months since I did this and I still haven’t received the monies outstanding for the refund due from the first booking.

“Shocking lack of customer support”

Written on: 19/06/2021 by kiangarin (2 reviews written)

We’ve used Hoppa transfers many times before but in these Covid times, Hoppa are worse than useless. They emailed telling me I had to cancel and rebook because their supplier needed more detail on the address. I cancelled but then received an email telling me to claim a refund. The process was frustratingly complex and there’s literally no way to contact them - they no longer take phone calls and their online ticketing system just sends you an automated and unhelpful response. I’m now £196 out of pocket with no transfers. Booking with a company that literally has no customer support and won’t engage with you. When their customer services try to push you towards their ticketing system, it doesn’t work properly - I’ve literally tried it dozens of times and it either just sends you a generic automated response that’s completely unhelpful or it refuses to allow you to submit it. I’ve been left with complaining to my card company and Trading Standards but will issue a summons if needed.

“Taxi drivers ”

Written on: 10/03/2021 by Fry369 (1 review written)

We are suppliers for Hoppa Uk. For complete transfers in 2020 they owe us 6k€. They still money from customers and suppliers. Please never book with them because they lost 80% from the suppliers and if you book transfer will never be done.

“Refund after court claim”

Written on: 14/12/2020 by Phillip188 (1 review written)

Firstly, I only gave this company 1 star because there was no option for zero! They let us down with our airport transport, did not even contact us, just did not turn up! Ended up having to book transfers from elsewhere at last minute (costing £450). Have been trying since August to retrieve money back from Hoppa. Ended up making a court claim for money owed, cost me £35. Have now received full payment back, plus the court fees. Please, if you have the same problem with this company, consider going to the government website to make a claim for your refund and expenses.

“No Refunds, Appalling service, DO NOT BOOK.”

Written on: 23/11/2020 by FairReviewer72 (1 review written)

Book in January with full refund T&Cs Hoppa have refused to refund and have given vouchers. I am working through the lockdowns and have vulnerable people in my bubble we will not be traveling abroad next year and have informed Hoppa several times to no avail. I am waiting to hear from trading standards. Do not book with Hoppa or travel company who uses them they are not willing to refund and are saying they only give credits on account which is not acceptable.

“I booked a refundable transfer, when my holiday was...”

Written on: 24/10/2020 by wendyberry (1 review written)

I booked a refundable transfer, when my holiday was cancelled I cancelled the transfer following their online process. They refused to refund, changed the terms and conditions. My credit card processed a charge back but they still disputed this and took my money again... NEVER EVER use them

“Covid fest”

Written on: 10/10/2020 by Welch492 (1 review written)

We booked with Hoppa for our holiday in October, and two weeks before we were due to go, they emailed us saying they were not able to drop us to our accomodation. We tried contacting them by phone but no-one answered the phone. I sent an email and they confirmed they were unable to drop us at our accomodation. I explained I would need the money back I paid as they were no longer providing a service I paid for and that I would need the money to pay for another shuttle. They refused to give us a refund, and instead said they could give us credits which were no use to us as we were due to fly in two weeks. They then suggested that they would drop us to a hotel near our location which was a two minute walk, I explained my partner had reduced mobility as he had knee surgery and cannot walk for long periods of time. They still would not give us a refund. We were at a loss and it being so close to our holiday, we decided to go with the drop off near our villa, as we had no other choice. Hoppa ensured us there would be appropriate social distancing. However, when we got to Lanzarote and found the shuttle it was a small shuttle with 12 out of 12 seats taken. My partner said to the driver that there was a lot of people on the shuttle, the driver only shrugged his shoulders. There was absolutely NO social distancing at all, passengers were so so close together (see photos) and my partner ended up having to sit closely next to a stranger, basically brushing arms. Absolutely disgusting service from Hoppa in the first place for not giving us the service we paid for, but then also not being able to provide us with the appropriate refund either. Then to add to it no social distancing was being enforced either!! We will never use this company again!!!!!

“No one at the desk”

Written on: 09/10/2020 by Smith255 (1 review written)

Disgraceful, arrived at Alicante with no one at the service desk only to be told by other operators that abas transfers are no longer doing shuttle transfers. Tried to contact Hoppa and as usual no answer. Have had to pay out to get to my destination and no doubt pay for my return journey! Will never use again