Drakes, Ripley, Surrey Reviews

Drakes, Ripley, Surrey - Ask a question now

“Friday's Super Lunch ”

Written on: 29/03/2012

I was fortunate enough that my daughter decided to treat me to lunch at Drakes at Ripley. I had travelled from Sheffield the previous day and was very excited about this proposed treat. Drakes lived up to it's reputation and the meal was excellent.The service was very good and the dining area was elegant. The restaurant was busy but at no time did we feel rushed and we were able to have a private conversation without other diners conversations filtering into ours. I would recommend this restaurant and would definetly say it was good value for money.

“I had lunch at Drakes in Ripley on Friday, and had the...”

Written on: 26/06/2010 by Karen Wy (1 review written)

I had lunch at Drakes in Ripley on Friday, and had the best meal of my life. We sat in the beautiful garden and had a little drink, and a complimentary amuse bouche, before being brought into the airy dining room. We also received a beautiful complimentary pre starter. We had the set luch, and there are two choises, so between us we tried everything. Each dish was a work of art and the taste was wonderful. The bread rolls (which were being offered several times luckily!) were fab.Thge waiting staff were attentive and knowledgeable, but not annoying. This was our first ever Michaelin star restaurant experience, and I cat wait to do it again now. Definately recomend everyone to try this place. A set 3 course lunch at £25 with a glass of wine, a real must.

“ Drakes has a nice menu and food is good but portions...”

Written on: 12/07/2009

Drakes has a nice menu and food is good but portions are very small. Certainly not on a par with the best restaurants in the world as implied by other reviewers, but one of the best restaurants in the immediate area! Decor is a bit 1970s.

“We had the tasting menu at Drakes which we feel is not...”

Written on: 06/11/2008

We had the tasting menu at Drakes which we feel is not only excellent but also outstanding value. We've eaten at Fat Duck and Le Gavroche as well and we feel that for the money, Drakes is the best choice. A great restaurant which we will keep going back to.

Also the measure of a good restaurant is it's sommelier who is also very good and made excellent recommendations with our meal. We enjoyed every moment of that experience.

“Drakes, Ripley stands in direct comparison with some...”

Written on: 09/07/2008

Drakes, Ripley stands in direct comparison with some of the finest establishments in the world. Given a choice between the Fat Duck or Drakes (and yes we do eat at both) I think Drakes has it right now. Less of a destination and does not try to be clever with it.

“Popped into Drakes restaurant in Ripley in Surrey on...”

Written on: 28/04/2008 by cjmfood (1 review written)

Popped into Drakes restaurant in Ripley in Surrey on the spur of the moment for lunch on my birthday- My wife and I enjoyed every second. Highly recomended.