Bike-Rite Motorcycle Training Reviews

Bike-Rite Motorcycle Training - Ask a question now

“Absolutely unprofessional arrogant and rude ”

written by musiadrees on 16/08/2021

Avoid this company at all cost. The instructor and the lady on the phone were both really rude and arrogant. I arrived late for the CBT course as this company gave me wrong address so the instructor thought he had right to be rude to me. They never told me that I had to have physical CAR license in order to do CBT course for BIKE. (Which obviously I can’t know that) all they said that I need to have license and NIN, even picture is fine as long as number is clear. Unfortunately I lost my license 3 weeks before and even if I applied for a new license (which didn’t arrive on time) they didn’t accept it. For these reasons they refused to take my CBT course, or gave me another chance or refund me. PS: Lady on the phone said to me I must have read the terms and conditions, which was never given to me because the lady said to me it had to be booked on the phone. So paid and booked on the phone, where was the terms and conditions?

“Honest trainers, had a laugh and learned a lot.....”

written by cbTilley135 on 17/11/2019

Bikerite CBT motorcycle training I had done pre CBT training with another school and paid 250 for five lessons, plus £20 damage to gear lever..and had 3 trainers all with their own processes with regard to training. I had one day with Bikerite and a cheap follow up, and got my CBT. One reviewer comments about certain trainers at Bikerite mention antagonism or boasting by trainers. Both my initial trainer and Final trainer were spot on, truthful, but accommodated each trainees weaknesses , altering and tailoring their approach. The bottom line is that they have to make sure that you are safe to venture out on the road. I'm a bit older than most and not the perfect trainee material. But the final trainer used a mixture of Glasgow banter, and well balanced cajoling, not bullying, to get the best out of us both. His onroad training instructions were delivered clearly and concisely, rounding of a comprehensive day's training.Everyone was supportive and patient. My stamina was running low by the afternoon but I ended on a high. I wish I had gone to them earlier. Highly recommend this training team for their professional, consistent, easygoing and humorous approach to suit every character, young or old. Thank you

“Very professional and friendly ”

written by DaxShields182 on 05/09/2017

Just done my cbt with bike rite The staff were great thanks again

“Great People and excellent service”

written by on 30/06/2017

I turned up early for my CBT then realized that I had forgot my driving licence, I spoke to the lady in reception about my predicament and she asked the instructor if I had time to go home, and start my training with 2 others who were starting at 10am. The instructor was very helpful and allowed me to go home and get my licence. When the training started the instructor was very attentive and helped the 3 of us to understand what was required, he took us through all the maneuvers then we went out on the road, he talked us through all the points that we should know for driving in traffic, how to position ourselves, and how to ride safely. All in all it was a fantastic experience that I would recommend to anyone in the Glasgow area who was looking to begin a journey into the world of biking. Thanks to all at Bikerite. I paid £130 for one days training which included bike hire and insurance, so everything was included in the price that I was quoted over the phone, there were no hidden extras to pay on the day.

“Not got a clue”

written by Kristianj338 on 10/04/2017

Booked my wife into Bikerite ,She,s been tendin the sheep all her days on Decent Trail and Trials machines .So Bike rites postage stamp was a little restrictive didnt manage to get the bike up into second gear .Never let her out in the afternoon.She still can't tell me what a lifesaver is .

“Excellent”

written by Rogers116 on 01/07/2015

Great company, passed my cbt, mod 1 & 2 first time with the help of there professional instructors. I would highly recommend.

“Very helpfull and professional staff”

written by flat19 on 18/06/2015

I recently passed my CBT ,and all at Bike-Rite were very helpful in there attitude and professional in there approach to myself and the other two learners , one unfortunately (a young lady had an accident in the yard, and after sitting out for a while had another try , but still felt unsure so went home and was asked to come back and sit her CBT again , free of charge . So confident in the company and there ability I have now booked to go through my Direct Access course and start in a weeks time , Keep up the great work Jim

“Totally unprofessional”

written by RossGee on 21/10/2014

Stay away from bike rite. Some of the staff are really good at explaining and teaching but one in particular has no patience and does stuff to make you fail so you come back with more money, He speaks like a ned .he also mocks everyone because hes been riding for years. They talk about everyone behind their back,and fail to comply under the equality act. a man came off his scooter and they did not notice because they where to busy talking.i was not ready to get my cbt certificat, need more training but will not be going back to bike ride. will be contacting trading standards and the dsa

“very good service”

written by Carver274 on 18/09/2014

just done my motorcycle training with bike rite rutherglen was very happy with service passed both mod1 and mod2 all instructors where very helpfull and patient i had instrutor chuck for most off my training he is a very good instructor very patient and always helpfull and honest with your progress also does a great job protecting you from other road users when out riding would recommend bike rite

“Amazing instructors, but be very careful when booking!”

written by 194Rodriguez on 20/08/2014

I did my CBT successfully with Bikerite not too long ago and was more than pleased with the instructors and the training, however when I arrived in the morning, I had the first bad surprise, when I was told to pay another 75 Pounds, instead of the 30 I was expecting, as their Website had said the CBT was 80 pounds, and you had to pay 50 deposit up front. The woman at the front desk told me this was only for during the week if you brought your own bike, but I was not told that over the phone, when I made sure about the price of 80 pounds! After the theoretical part in the morning, when we got ready to get on the bikes, I was told to get insisde and get all the gear on, so I went to the woman on the front desk again and said I needed a pair of gloves, as everyone else seemed to have theirs with them. I was informed that I had to bring my own gloves and was told so over the phone when booking my CBT, however, this was not the case! She even opened her book to find the page with her notes on our call on them, but I didn't care much what they said, as I had asked her TWICE over the phone what I needed to bring on the day and was told to bring my licence, boots and a jacket, and was assured that everything else was provided by them! Never did she mention anything to me about gloves! So after having to spend another 30 extra pounds on the day, that I hadn't expected, I started the riding in not the Best mood! But the instructors almost made up for it, by making the day really successful and me passing my CBT by the end of it IF YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH BIKERITE, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU KEEP A RECORD OF THE PHONE CONVERSATION, SO YOU CANT BE EXPLOITED LIKE I WAS!

“Great Judge with your own mind”

written by rikki26 on 29/06/2014

When you see the reviews there is good and bad such comments as antagonist bully being late etc . Well here's my view instructors are great there seems to be one for all like life we don't all like the same thing Antoginistic and bullie is a bit strong everyones too there own and you took the man the wrong way in my opinoin (everyone to there own ) As for being late I was running behind by ten mins or so arrived and everything was all good for my CBT So in my opinion take a chance there good professional and want to keep you and others safe as proved with my instructor when I was out on the road I was nearly tooken off the road by some idiot driver right up my tail bad enough on your test never mind someone road rage behind your tail so the instructor let me go in front and he went behind ie keeping me safe

“****CON**** ARTISTS”

written by Konnern395 on 21/06/2014

they are only intrested in your money...the are ***con*** artists look elsewhere trust me..if u don't believe look at google reviews others have said the same thing

“Satisfied customer!!”

written by CCraig on 18/06/2014

I would definitely recommend BikeRite having visited on two occasions as the instructors are friendly, helpful and very patient to a bike novice like myself. Cant thank the advisor enough for his help and support!

“Patient and positive!”

written by Mr2mh on 19/05/2014

Got this as a groupon and went on the first day. All was going well(too well for me) until I fell off. I was t hurt but got sent home which I was totally gutted about. I booked straight back in that day and attended a full day free of charge the following week. The instructor wAs very patient with me and great at trying to boost my confidence and telling me to smile! As I was so wary after having fallen off I didn't get out on the road that day nor did the other guy on a moped. However they advised me to book in for z two hour road ride which I only had to pay bike hire for. I got my cbt certificate today after being out with a patient, professional instructor who managed not to loose his cool with me and another girl who were at first doing about 10mph lol. Very good training by good guys who tell it like it is but also offer support and a high five when needed! I'd recommend! Mhairi

“the only good thing was the bikes”

written by on 13/06/2013

where should I start on Bike Rite, to be honest the bikes and equipment are in good condition...thats where the good stuff ends,there was 4 of us and 2 instructors ( 1 nice guy and other wasnt interested at all and actually left to take a lesson early ) for a supposed 9am - 5pm course we didnt get started until after 10, on a bike around 11 then told to take an hours lunch at 12, after course restarted at closer to 1.30pm we then got little more time on bike before being told at 3.30 ( i live 20 miles away and was home for 4.10pm ) we would have to come back another day and pay another £50 for bike hire and insurance, when asked why we werent going off road today instructor replies he can only take 2 out at a time and theres 4 of us and only him.. im no expert but shouldnt the other instructor have remained at yard since he was also taking our class or have more than 2 instructors on and why should we have to pay if its outwith our control, spend the bit extra and go somewhere PROFESSIONAL

“Rude and unprofessional ”

written by Aceleng on 15/05/2013

Cancelled 15 mins before we were due to start because the trainer hadn't turned up. Apparently he was ill. Had to re-schedule and the trainer was rude. There were 2 more experienced riders on the day so he spent most of the time with them. He finished our session at lunchtime to take out the experienced riders. It would have helped if there was another trainer. We were then told we would have to pay £60 to complete on another day when we hadn't been given a full day.

“Shambles”

written by on 07/05/2013

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE !! these people are rubbish! after doing great in my CBT 3/4 people got told to leave(including me) got told to pay a further £60 to re-sit even though they now(after conntacting them) say they advised me it was free (lie), The instructor was quite frankly abusive, foul mouthed, and in no way helpful!! I will be in contact with as many government bodies as possible to retrieve my money!! DO NOT ATTEND THIS PLACE. The "excellent" reviews must be written by the company themselves as the place is a shambles. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I am incredibly disheartened and angry at my experience. Whatever you do do not encourage them to exploit people anymore! The equipment is also terrible don't have sizes to fit smaller or taller people. Joke.

“Bike-Rite Rutherglen, Friendly, Helpful and Informative”

written by SDoc on 22/04/2013

I passed my CBT with Bike Rite in 2011 and two years later went back to do a Direct Access course. I was very impressed. After checking out loads of other bike schools in and around Glasgow Bike Rite were cheapest by over a hundred pounds! They managed to fit in lessons around my days off and even swiftly accommodated me when lessons had to be postponed due to snowy weather. The staff were friendly and professional always and did their best to put you at ease and get you up to standard. I had no problems with them at all. They're all great and i can't praise them highly enough!

“CBT Training”

written by NPage on 09/04/2013

I recently took my CBT with Bike Rite. As a complete novice I was a little nervous - but the instructor was exceptionally good at explaining everything and put me at ease. There is a distinct safety first attitude and a thorough explanation of why you are being asked to do something a particular way. There was another older lady on the day learning to go a scooter and struggling and the instructor was so considerate and just kept helping and encouraging her all the way! It is important that you brush up on your Highway Code before going as there is a lot of discussion, questions and participation so it is important to be prepared and will probably help you get the most out of the day! I would recommend Bike Rite although I suspect if you are a cocky geeza that doesn't know the rules of the road you are unlikely to enjoy the safety first teaching environment that is created - good luck if you decide to take the plunge!

“Probably pretty average for Scotland”

written by on 14/03/2013

The trouble with Scotland is that there’s just not the same demand for things that there is south of the border or across the pond. So Scottish companies often get away with the sort of take-it-or-leave-it service that would send them under in a more competitive environment. Having said that, Bike Rite is probably one of the better places to go for learner motorcycle training in the Glasgow area. They’ve got a small but decent yard in Rutherglen laid out with cones and lines, and they use trusty Honda CG125s for training. Prices are okay, though slightly higher than some other places round about, and the instructors - at least the ones I met - are friendly and helpful. The only downsides are the toilet facilities – dingy and unkempt – and the radio communications gear: those awful, hard-to-make-out PMR446 radios with bulky earpieces that are painful to wear inside a helmet. Otherwise, if you live in the Glasgow area, Bike Rite is maybe worth checking out.