Park Holidays, Seawick Reviews

• Adult entertainment

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

“Rude and miserable barstaff”

written by Cornelius459 on 04/04/2024

This is the 5 th year I’ve come back to seawick and I think it’s going to be my last. The food is extremely over priced and poor quality. The bar staff are rude and not helpful I asked for my table to be cleared and I received a huff and eyes rolled. He was just sat there doing nothing. The bar prices are very expensive. The park itself is lovely but the club house needs improvement.

“Not As Expected ”

written by JANWOO on 17/06/2022

Gold Plus, expected better, caravan, smelly, dirty fat left in saucepan, broken catches on windows,extractor not working in bathroom. Soft furniture smelly and stained. Litter underneath caravan. Unable to turn radiator off in toilet even though heating OFF, and weather hot. Only plus side reception, and the bar were friendly and helpful. The staff fumigated caravan, however nasty smell returned.

“Never Again will I ever go back there ”

written by Trentonv397 on 21/06/2021

I would never go back we got there early and asked to do an early check in but u can only do it in advance fair enough then we was in the clubhouse my friend got accused of nicking a phone guess what it was where he left it in his caravan the security at the door tried to refuse us entry meanwhile letting others in it was only another member of staff who let us in probably because he was there with the phone incident probably felt bad knowing we had done nothing wrong been there once b4 and also many times to highfields have to say Highfields is much better.

“Never again just came back from there .”

written by Nirvana94 on 01/10/2018

Very rude staff in the reception.had 3oc check in but got the key's late .no signs wear to park your car .then you get told to move you car by people who have caravans there and swear and block you car so you can't move it .and Sea wick cannot do anything about it.never again

“accommodation, privacy, clealiness.”

written by on 31/08/2015

We just came back from a short break from seawick holiday park. The plus sides are friendly staffs excellent entertainment facilities for small children, cleanliness of the caravan and cooking utensils. i would like to suggest if day time activities for children ages 10yrs and also teenagers can be looked into,also, Pavements for people to walk and clear instructiobs and directions to places.

“Expensive but fun”

written by tonyrix on 15/06/2014

We went in June, we had a bronze caravan so wasn't expecting glamour, but we loved it the entertainers were fun and good for a laugh. The club prices were a bit over the top but what do you expect on a holiday camp. There is so much to do. Accommodation was fabulous our dog was welcomed, we had a problem with our toilet and bed but were fixed within the hour. The staff were friendly and polite if you want luxury pay the big prices we simply needed somewhere to rest our heads so paid for bronze instead of gold. In all honesty it was better than expected, and I'm rebooking for next year.

“Never Again, Treated so poorly.”

written by Trimby on 12/04/2012

First Day was fine waited till 4pm to get into the caravan which was not a problem got to the van everything was fine until we found out we only had a tiny bit of gas left in the two tanks. Went and told the reception who agreed to get someone out to check and change the gas. We then went to dinner which was very good food and very fast but the staff are very rude and have no mannor. Went back to the van to find out that we still have no gas which means no hot water or heating, went back down to reception where they said someone was on the way to sort it which nobody did. At 9pm We went back down there to find it was closed until the morning,so we spoke to the site guard who said he never knew anything about our van needing gas so he managed to get hold of a BBQ gas tank (which with 7 adults, no way would that last for more than 2hours) to put on our canavan, which we then found out that he was not trained to put on Gas tanks on vans so we was risking our lifes really. The next day we had to go back down to the reception to get two correct tanks put on. Went for bfast which was okay child size portions but overall nice food. Came back to the van to find out we had no water. Walked down to recpetion to find out that there was a burst water pipe on the site, which we understand is not their fault but they could of contacted us to us contacted them! 6 hours later we phoned the main office to find out whats going on they said they had no idea and that the clubhouse would not be open for the nights entertainment as no water but we had the opition to go to their sister site which was 30min walk away or £9 in a cab each way. So no flushing toilet or anything can you picture what that is like? Getting more and more fed up I phoned them again to find out that they was now giving out bottle of water to every van only 2 bottles though! Even though there was 7 of us! They finally got portaloos available for the site but there was only 8 for 2000 Canavans can you imagin what that was like! Like I mentioned the food was really really good but the staff was so untrained every night they brought the desterts out before the main course and brough the main course out with the starters. And there was two old ciggerett butts on the table where we sat down to eat and when we aksed it to be cleaned the look we got was to say 'you want me to clean'' NEVER GO TO THIS SITE, NO WAY SHOULD THEY BE ALOUD TO BE A 3* THE STAFF ARE SO RUDE TOO!

“Avoid like the plague, or you might just catch it!”

written by on 03/06/2011

Dire. Brick built chalet, flush didn't work, stank, dirty, more like a prison cell. Kids walking round firing at other kids with bb guns, people coming in from off site causing havoc, whole place is grotty. Even the privately owned caravans looked horrible. Can't believe places like this still exist! Can't even put toilet paper in the public toilets. There again the whole place is a toilet! Took a boys football team there to stay for a nearby tournament, but never again.

“we did a sun holiday for half term may 30th, what we...”

written by gillianread on 02/06/2011

we did a sun holiday for half term may 30th, what we got was a brand new 2011 model caravan, it even smelt new, the play area was good for my 5 year old they had some new stuff, even my 2 year old could play on some stuff, i didn't use pool as always busy. my son loved loopy club in mornings , and even joined in at night time, had very noisy neighbours. need more stuff onsite but they need more money like haven to get them

“TAKE YOUR HEATER WITH YOU! EVEN IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A...”

written by on 30/03/2011

TAKE YOUR HEATER WITH YOU! EVEN IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A HEATED CARAVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We stayed in a Gold plus 3 bed caravan (with heating lol) My 3 year old was like an ice pack through the night! Although not worth complaining about as the office staff this weekend were USELESS! The beds/bedding i guess due to heatiing probs were quite damp...... Oh and take your pillows!!! unless you dont want any neck support! I have never seen pillows like it! so glad I take mine everywhere!!! I spoke to a few families and it seems all the caravans had the heating / damp and pillow problem!
The picture on tv was awful!!!!! such bad reception! I know you wont want to be watching tv all day but having a half decent one helps when you have children! Luckily to my surprise the dvd player worked :-) Showers arent to bad, the usually naff drip you often get from a caravan! One min boiling the next freezing! Our kitchen area was ok, except some dirty cutlery but easy to sort that. Other families complained of ovens not working.
There's No parking by your caravan so take someone with you who can make several journeys to and from the car park! Myself being 8 MONTHS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!! and 3 year old to hold onto found it very difficult! Was offered No help by the uesless office staff even though I mentioned i was on my own!!!
Not the parks fault but we had the neighbours from hell who had music booming till 4am / tv really loud and constantly shouted to each other!!! I found owners onsite very pleasant, most are very unhappy with there purchase on this site though! Saw a couple of the reps getting there heads bitten off lol......
The kids disco/games for all of an hour (6-7) each evening was ok, my little one really enjoyed herself but i dont think thats long enough for them, considering it is really a kids holiday site! 7 till 9.45pm its bingo & adults quiz night! Then the show starts, which I cant comment on as didnt stay for it! The entertainers where fairly good with the kids, one or two better than the others! There's nothing really at this site for under 5's, so you will need to go off site into Clacton etc.

“I am writing on behaf of my older sister and her...”

written by LLAFO on 08/03/2011

I am writing on behaf of my older sister and her friends, who all have learning problems, and disabilities. They booked their holiday break to fall betweeen 4th - 11th of march! In a 2 bedroom sleeps 6 silver caraan. Phonecalls made to and from the camp and my sister to each other were positive until her and her friends got there. To find NO ENTERTAINMENT WHAT SO EVER! NO ARCADE OPEN UNTIL SUNDAY! NOTHING TO DO. Was disgusting £160 for 7nights and nothing on park open to do. Thats not it, the customer service were complete and utter waste of employment, the didnt do jobs correct, there was NO HOT WATER FOR THE WEEKEND & NO HEEATING!! the first weekend was a bore and hell for them. They feared about there dream holiday break and decided to head home monday telling the reception. A cleaner came in before they left the park and gave there notice in saying there leaving. The cleaner came in whilst they were out there van, cleaned there van and binned all food stored in fridge, rooms, cupboards etc.. nothing was left! A forwarded repeated complaints about it, they camp would NOT REFUND any of the food or give them a ticket to get a free meal off camp! I think this is the worst camp ever! were constantly on the phone to the camp now to complaint, and the manger ill not come on the phone! Im disgusted!

“Used to own caravan there. Absolute dump of a place. ...”

written by on 22/02/2011

Used to own caravan there. Absolute dump of a place. The next town is Jaywick (which is officially classed as the most deprived area in Britain) and the kids there just walk onto the site as they please. Numerous break ins and shouting and swearing til all hours of the night.

Used to be nice before Park holidays took over. Now looks like a concentration camp.

Avoid like the plague.

“I DON'T UNDERSTAND OR BELIVE WHAT PEPOLE HAE SAID ON...”

written by on 05/02/2011

I DON'T UNDERSTAND OR BELIVE WHAT PEPOLE HAE SAID ON HERE THE SEAWICK PARK WAS CLEAN WITH LOT'S TO DO AND WE ENJOYED ARE HOLIDAY THERE SO MUCH LAST YEAR WE ARE GOING AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!!!.
I GUESS SOME PEPOLE ARE NOT HAPPY UNLESS THAY CAN HAVE A GOOD OLD MOAN.
ALL I CAN SAY IS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SEAWICK.

“Well where shall i start?! We went to sea wick on a...”

written by KirstandAmz89 on 16/01/2011

Well where shall i start?! We went to sea wick on a family holiday from the sun for 9.50 now dont get me wrong we dont normally but we thought it would be fun like the good old days. Anyways i wouldnt even pay the 9.50 for it. it was a craphole! The other reviews about roughians and skanky teenage druns hanging around was soo true! the carvan had mould in it and when someone took a pooh there was a thin door that spearated it from he kitchen although it might as well of not been there because there were huge gaps below and beneath. we went in april last year and by god it was freezing the radiator barley warmed up leaving us wrapped up in all the clothes we had brought!!! te shower was the quickest shower of my life due to not wanting to be in there ne longer!! the swimming pool was never open and there was nothing to do, the amusements were rubbish and the tickets you got for ten pounds worth you got a refresher bar!!!! and no lie!!! i would advise NEVER to go to seawick if you do prepare to come home ealry.

“Absolutely awful holiday Park, We are a family of 5,...”

written by on 07/09/2010

Absolutely awful holiday Park, We are a family of 5, children ranging from 7 to 13, stayed August 2010 and it was horrific! Riots, stabbings, drug taking, under age drinking. Swearing toddlers, dogs being used as threats between gangs and all outside our caravan. Security were unable to secure a paper bag, our daughter was constantly propositioned and leered at whilst in our company and our car was repeatedly hit with footballs. Staff less than helpful and customer care a joke, our letter of complaint took 3 weeks and two reminders to receive a reply. We left early and will never go back. Hard earnt money spent on a family holiday at which we weren't safe!

“It may be cheaper than Haven and Butlins, but trust me...”

written by on 21/08/2010

It may be cheaper than Haven and Butlins, but trust me you get what you pay for! My advice pay the extra for Haven we ended up spending more money as we had to get out of this depressing holiday park. Nothing to do for kids except pool that is only open when sun is shining! and amusments.

“never ever will me or my family go back to that hell...”

written by on 28/06/2010

never ever will me or my family go back to that hell hole the stuff were rude and unhelpful the kids club was a joke thers nothing to do on site but go in the arcade and then the kids couldnt spend the tokens anyway the floors in the caravan were black dont go ther if you want a good or even nice hoilday save your money and if you disabaled your stuffed.as my mum is and was .oo and the toilet was in the kitken with only 1 door seprated it

“used both sites st.osyth & seawick did'nt feel my soon...”

written by Debra R on 20/04/2010

used both sites st.osyth & seawick did'nt feel my soon to be 11 & 9 year olds were safe to wonder around park due to drunk youths threatening eachother!slide in indoor pool broken,faiground which is advertised in brochure rides not working even though it was only small!anyone can walk onto site no passes checked you could be anyone!don't no why passes are issued!

“Dont believe all the reports. Just got back from...”

written by on 12/04/2010

Dont believe all the reports. Just got back from Seawick and had a very enjoyable and fun family holiday. The caravan was like brand new and spotlessly clean throughout. The pool was great and very warm for a outdoor pool. There was a lifeguard present at all times and the pool area was again spotless. The evening entertainment was what youd expect but was fun and the shows were excellent. Bingo was a little pricey as was the camp shop but tesco is a 5 minute drive away so no worries there. A pint of larger was £3.20 and WKD was £3.00 so a little pricey but slush puppies etc for the kids were only 60p. The beach is a five minute walk away and the walk is all flat. Great Bar on the front with cheap food and drinkn if you fancy a change one night. All in all Great Family Holiday.

“I spent 1 week at Park Holidays and it was ok as long...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by wliks on 24/02/2009

I spent 1 week at Park Holidays and it was ok as long as you didnt go out of the caravan as the sales sharks are everywere! The Park Holidays site looked to me like a bomb has gone of and the staff seemed rude. As for the site manger he can be very hard to find. The price of the drinks- whooo, no wonder Park Holidays do so meany deals on cheap holidays with the unbeliveable high cost of food and drinks! We wil never go back, we have bookd for highfields it costs a little more but we think it's miles better.