Racoon International Hair Extensions Reviews

Racoon International Hair Extensions - Ask a question now

“Made all my hair fall out ”

Written on: 28/08/2022 by DayanaraShea (1 review written)

So, I had a patch of alopecia at the crown for over 20yrs but if I pinned my hair up it was covered. In May I went to a salon in Middlesbrough that said they had 'hair in recovery ' extensions that would actually help my hair. (1st time in a salon in 20yrs) well they all fell out along with most of my hair!!! The girl that did my hair was very nice and said it was Not the extensions that caused this. And tried to refer me to a 'dermatologist' who worked for them!! But if course would cost more! I think they should be stopped from giving people extensions when this could happen!!!

“LOVE my new extensions! ”

Written on: 12/05/2022 by ujMcCarthy295 (1 review written)

Racoon hair extensions have genuinely changed my life. After having endured dodgy set after dodgy set of hair, I decided to approach a new salon that offered Racoon. Are they a little pricier? Yes. Are they worth the extra cash? Definitely. After having micro rings and nano rings for about 18 months and dealing with hair that constantly tangles and matts, hair that completely changes after one wash and massive metal loops - my new extensionist introduced me to Luxe Links. Tiny tiny tiny, gorgeous hair, so comfortable and way easier to deal with. Go for it ladies - pay the extra dosh and treat yourself. You wont look back I promise.

“Dreadful Quality Hair and even worse After-Sales Service”

Written on: 05/08/2021 by GLSmith (1 review written)

A product for which I paid £410 to have supplied and fitted plus £15 for their special brush was within days shredding and feeling like the driest and roughest of horse hair. In trying to get support for this issue, we were blamed for mistreating the product. We returned it for their analysis and got the fob off - again blamed of mistreatment. Since we'd paid a lot of money we asked for our hair back (we wanted to get independent advice) and we were sent a set of new extensions. Clearly, they will not be fitted but at least we can get the product checked out. Dreadful product of the poorest quality and a dreadful service.

“the worst hair extensions in the world”

Written on: 21/06/2021 by Hodges461 (1 review written)

got these hair extensions done 2 and I the hair is constantly shedding there is hair all over my house it doesn’t stop shedding!!!! They have thinned out so much from shedding that all my own hair is visible also. If I could - star this brand I would. Cannot believe this they should be shut down. Sticky bonds and keeps shedding HANDFULS of hair. They cost €680 and I look like someone going bald. Terrible terrible company and hair

“Terrible ”

Written on: 10/04/2021 by Pierce13 (1 review written)

Worst hair extensions ever, cost over £700 & my hair was sticky, some fell out. Will never use them again!

“Racoon Hair Extensions - Worst Hair Extensions Ever”

Written on: 27/12/2015 by Meyer232 (1 review written)

Hi, I had Racoon Hair Extensions fitted for Christmas, my worst mistake ever. The hair is shedding everywhere and the glue is sticky in my hair. I have followed the instructions carefully and purchased all the special shampoos and conditioners even though they smell horrible. My extensions cost over 700.00 and i feel this is now wasted money. I have tried to detangle the hair but all that happens is it comes out and brings my own hair with it. I wish I would have read all these bad review before i decided to go with Racoon. I have previously had Balmain and Great Lengths but never had this shedding issue before.

“Racoon hair matts and is continually shedding”

Written on: 05/12/2015 by 1984Price (1 review written)

I have had Racoon hair extensions put in a week ago and I am so disappointed. The hair is shedding continually and I have lost quite a few of the bonds. I have been back to the salon but she advised I buy more hair to put back in so I have called Racoon direct and they do not want to know, I paid over £500 for these extensions and I feel so upset as nobody wants to help. Know speaking to friends I have been advised that Racoon is known for shedding. Can anyone help

“Hair is not great & delivery is terrible”

Written on: 15/04/2015

I have been having hair extensions for 10 years and over the last 3 years the quality has really deteriorated i don't think they no longer use European hair like it claims to be. Also mu hairdresser placed orders on next day delivery and it never turned up on time. Useless company have found better quality elsewhere and cheaper as well .. Won't be using them again!!

“Loved them”

Written on: 25/11/2014

I had racoon hair extentions put in in april I loved them so much. I have read a lot of bad reviews about them, i generally think most peoples problems are lack of after care advice. You do have to take so much care for them by using the racoon shampoo and conditioner, i also used the thermol spray every time i washed and dryed my extensions. Making sure the bonds are completly dry and not clamp ur straightners on them (which is hard as they grown down the hair) ii had them tAken out in september for a little break on my hair. Im having them put back in tomorrow and im so excited :) well worth the money.

Tada1025's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2017

Where did you have them done. What city what hair dresser?

Cymrublonde's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2018

Hi,

I hope you don’t mind me asking. How long ago did you have Racoon extensions and how long did you keep them in?
I have been seriously considering having them done for months and have now had a consultation.

“rubbish”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by ZionKehoe433 (1 review written)

v just spent nearly £500 on racoon hair extensions and after washing they have gone frizzy and look dreadfull, unlike the hairdresser that also had them in,hers look great

Lillybet1508's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2014

you need to go back to the hair dresser that did them, to be fair if hers look great then it cant be the product itself, did they give you after care instructions? are you using the right products on it, and have you dried it properly, I got told you must not let it dry naturally, are you styling it? these are all things that can affect the look of hair extentions, but overall, GO BACK, you paid a LOT of money, it shouldnt look bad

Lillybet1508's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2014

Read 2 Comments

“Do not get Racoon Hair extensions!!”

Written on: 12/05/2014 by Amysarah24 (1 review written)

I am fully trained in hair extensions, I know how long they last, what upkeep is needed and I know on average how much hair you should lose between maintenance. Knowing this and thinking it would be a good idea to get hair extensions whilst my hair grew a little, I decided to put my hard earned money towards Racoon International extensions...Biggest mistake ever! I warn you now, do not waste your money on these extensions. I spent nearly £500 6 weeks ago on a full head of 14'' extensions and I despise them so much I'm having them taken out ASAP. I don't for one second blame my hairdresser, she did everything correctly it is purely the 'natural bonds' which are the problem. When I first had my hair extensions put in I loved them, my hair was beautiful, thick and shiny. 10 days later about 20 single strands had come out and each time I brushed my hair or washed it i was left with two handfuls of hair in the bin. Not impressed. I contacted Racoon who told me to contact my stylist, so I did. I explained everything to her and she got me back into the salon to check everything was ok. Anyway, she checked everything and she was happy, so I left and gave her the benefit of the doubt. Over the next 2 weeks I was in despair at the state of my hair. The bonds were sticky and soft and it was like chewing gum in my hair. Very unhappy I went back once again to the salon, they tried to tell me that I could have possibly been straightening the bonds when straightening my own hair. May I point out that I have spent ALOT of money on these extensions, I'm not going to be as careless as to risk damaging the bonds. I explained I had been super careful and followed all the aftercare but they are still falling out. Anyway following this I booked myself back in for maintenance and I agreed with my hairdresser to have new ones put in and see how it goes. Well, as you can probably guess it hasn't gone well. They are still falling out, the bonds are splitting and once again they are soft and sticky to touch. Now I know I have been extra extra careful when styling my hair so the problem does not lie with me. I feel completely ripped off and I want my money back from Racoon but I'm not sure I'll get this. Please, anyone who is considering getting Racoon Extensions, just don't bother. Mine have caused me nothing but grief and it seems I'm not the only one.

Erica_Brook's Response to Amysarah24's Review

Written on: 07/08/2017

Hi hunny just want to say I've had the same problem! I went to my racoon specialist with past shoulder thick glossy hair and today had to have those horrible racoons removed and have now been left with thin short hair ! Mine shredded from the offset I was never given proper advice on how to wash and comb them and then starting losing them with chunks of my own hair ...so racoon have removed them today and admitted that they were not fitted correctly nor was ever given the correct treatment ! Having read forums tonight I think the whole method is now at fault to be honest and shall be seeking legal advice .

Erica_Brook's Response to Amysarah24's Review

Written on: 07/08/2017

“Dreadful”

Written on: 11/04/2014 by LyricWilloughby472 (1 review written)

I had 14" dark blonde racoon extensions at Tony and Guy and they cost around £450, they looked great when I left the salon but 30% fell out within the week and I constantly shed hair which was embarrassing. I had to wear my hair tied up all the time to reduce the hair loss as it was falling out at such a rate. After 3 weeks T&G finally took the remaining hair out and re bonded about half as much back in FOC, this seemed far less full than the original lot but seemed more natural and was far easier to manage. I had the new set in for 3 weeks before it needed attention and rotation which cost £100, the hair is in very poor condition, it's dry and each bond looks like a rats tail. It looks good after washing and styling but each bond quickly separates from my own hair and looks ratty again. When I brush it I have to hold it in clumps very tightly as the brushing pulls the bonds out. I'm happy with the additional length but my hair looks in appalling condition and in need of a good brush so I keep it tied up for the majority of time. My hairs also matts together at the roots and needs teasing daily, this is causing a lot of damage to my own hair as I can feel its stretching and snapping, I can't imagine the actual damage the extensions are doing. I would recommend these if you are prepared to spend a lot of time and money on your hair. Realistically you need to tease your hair everyday and visit the salon every 3-4 weeks for rotation with new hair rather than the salon just washing the extensions and putting them back in as the hair I have is very dry and frazzled at the ends and looks dreadful. This maintenance Inc. cost of new hair would work out at around £250 per month. Is it worth it? For me Yes! I've never had so many compliments (when my hair is washed and styled), looked this glamorous or felt happier about myself!

“Absolute waste of money”

Written on: 02/04/2013

Hi, when i first heard about Racoon extensions i thought they sounded amazing. But they were far from that. I saved for a long time to pay for them and i was very upset with the result. Me and my hairdresser have a good relationship and she is qualified in applying Racoon extensions as she went on a training course with Racoon. And even she is furious with how mine have turned out, i got them put in last year and they were nice for about a week. Then they all just started falling out and it felt like chewing gum in my hair. However i read the hair care leaflet by Racoon and i followed it word for word. I have a Racoon comb and i used the Racoon shampoo and conditioner and also the Racoon deep conditioning mask. I also made sure my bonds were seperated everyday to stop them from matting, but still they began to fall out. Once i showed my hairdresser she took them all out and they came out very easily she didn't have to use anything to get them out with (which shouldn't happen). Eventually Racoon offered me some new hair which i was happy with and i got them put back in again. And the same thing has happened again, they're all falling out and feeling like chewing gum again. They've literally only been in my hair for about 6 weeks. Also i've asked for a refund from Racoon and they're refusing to give me it, i find this infuriating and unprofessional. I know none of this is my fault or my hairdressers fault, as she is doing everything the way Racoon has taught her. And i'm following all the instructions to take extra care of them. I wouldn't recommend these to a friend or anyone for that matter.

Hairupgrade's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2013

This is a very good review. A lot of our customers have said the exact same thing. I don't know why Racoon seem to have such varying standards of hair. micro rings hair extensions all the way baby! :).

If I may ask what type of hair are you using?

Hair Upgrade Hair Extensions do a very good quality.

If not try Tatiana Hair or Leora Lane hair extensions. I think they both use real virgin russian hair

Kcr18's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2013

Wish I had seen this review before I had spent a lot of money on Racoon hair just had exactly the same experience :(((((

“Kitty”

Written on: 20/08/2012 by Brookie01 (1 review written)

I have just taken out my racoon hair extensions. I only had them in 3 weeks but they would not stop matting. I would say to anyone considering them to beware, they cost a fortune and are not value for money, just the oppisite.

Pippa2's Response to Brookie01's Review

Written on: 21/09/2012

I am trained with racoon and i know that if you keep the bonds well maintained by seperating wo them everyday with your fingers and brush thats recomended they dont matt and always assure that you see the certificate and ask to see previous work, failing that contact racoon yourself and they will tell you where to go in your area. good luck

Ripoffbritain1's Response to Brookie01's Review

Written on: 02/02/2015

I have had Racoon hair extentions since October and have NOT used racoon shampoo or conditioner. Mine are perfect, I look after them by separating the bonds regularly whilst playing with my hair watching TV. I dry my roots almost as soon as I get out of the shower and use the racoon hair brush but never the comb.
I'm totally happy with mine and after 2 rotations only they have cost me £600 which should take me up to end of March........delighted !!

“great quality”

Written on: 28/05/2012 by Rachel.C (1 review written)

i have had racoon hair extensions in for over 6 months now and overall i have been very happy with them. i would only recommend them to those who are willing to spend time taking care of them although its really not that bad if you are used to treating your own hair similarly. Be careful if you are living in hot temperatures and are thinking of having long blonde hair as it drys out really easily and gets frizzy. but once i got used to them and how to take care of them they have been so good and i would never have them taken out. the colour match was perfect and i get compliments on my hair all the time and the best thing is that they are so natural, everyone thinks its my real hair.

“Terrible, over rated, over priced.”

Written on: 03/05/2012

I had racoon extensions and it cost me £390...I was willing to pay the price for quality but I didn't get it! I had them removed the next day and luckily my hairdressers were kind enough to oblige. It was terrible I wouldnt pay tenner for them!

Hairgoddess's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2012

I am a massive hair extensions fan as my hair is thinninh and can I suggest that you choose a hairdresser who has certified Racoon training. The issue 100 per cent is the salon gets lazy. The hair and bonding done by Bonds in Wales is sbsoloutely amazing.
It really upsets me that people blame the hair. Its not the hair its lazy application! Call Racoon they can offer the best salons

Read 1 Comment

“so expensive”

Written on: 05/04/2012

Hi i have just had hair extensions put in to block thinning one side.in total had 35 bonds that was few on each side and i line across back.this cost me 310 with colour,no extra hair,no shampoo and conditioner.last year i bought load hair had full head long hair shampoo,conditioner and brush for this price,can anyone tell me why,so angry,i have been a good customer to racoon,very disappointed,and they fall out quickly so will cost me more when i go back as got no extra hair,not good.only took 40 mins to put them in and salon say i had full head and hair has gone up in price.this was all done at same salon.

Hairgoddess1's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2012

Honey I am a super Racoon hair extensions fan and sadly it seems like the salon has let you down not the hair. I have used Racoon for 5 years. I had a bad experience with my first salon - I called Racoon cos I was really mad at them - they said look they train the salon but cant control how they do extensions after- get another salon to do the extensions- ask Racoon who - they are really good with customer service.
Also my extensions took 5 hours so I really think 40 minutes for half head is a joke!! Go back get your money and call Racoon!!!! The salon should be name and shamed not Racoon

Read 1 Comment

“worst extensions i've ever had !!! nearly 400 pounds...”

Written on: 26/02/2011

worst extensions i've ever had !!! nearly 400 pounds for 4 weeks ....and in that time i had half re-applyed due too all the loss ....thin out so quickly..look great for about a week ...bonds go soft and tacky ...they say theres no damage to your hair ,which is very true,as they dont stay in long enough too cause any damage !! very poor,,its just a desingner name !!! i'm no stranger too extensions ,and these are most definately the worst ..!!!!!!!! rip off ,poor quality hair,rubbish bonds ............

“If you were to have any extensions i would recommend...”

Written on: 09/02/2011

If you were to have any extensions i would recommend Racoon. I have tried various different makes of extensions and Racoon were the best for the natural look by far.
Please be aware that any extensions other than the clip in ones will make your natural hair extremely weak and fragile. I have thin hair and now its even thinner!! I don't regret having them and would have them again as i'm not afraid to have my hair short for a year or so.
They are costly but mine lasted 4 months so i got my moneys worth and i also had them for my wedding...fantastic.
I'm sure everyone has differnt experiences but everyone has differnt hair texture!

“Looked OK when I left the hairdresser, but was...”

Written on: 13/01/2010

Looked OK when I left the hairdresser, but was uncomfortable and the hair become ratty very quickly.