Racoon International Hair Extensions Reviews

Racoon International Hair Extensions - Ask a question now

“Dreadful Quality Hair and even worse After-Sales Service”

Written on: 05/08/2021 by GLSmith (1 review written)

A product for which I paid £410 to have supplied and fitted plus £15 for their special brush was within days shredding and feeling like the driest and roughest of horse hair. In trying to get support for this issue, we were blamed for mistreating the product. We returned it for their analysis and got the fob off - again blamed of mistreatment. Since we'd paid a lot of money we asked for our hair back (we wanted to get independent advice) and we were sent a set of new extensions. Clearly, they… Read Full Review

“the worst hair extensions in the world”

Written on: 21/06/2021 by Hodges461 (1 review written)

got these hair extensions done 2 and I the hair is constantly shedding there is hair all over my house it doesn’t stop shedding!!!! They have thinned out so much from shedding that all my own hair is visible also. If I could - star this brand I would. Cannot believe this they should be shut down. Sticky bonds and keeps shedding HANDFULS of hair. They cost €680 and I look like someone going bald. Terrible terrible company and hair… Read Full Review

“Terrible ”

Written on: 10/04/2021 by Pierce13 (1 review written)

Worst hair extensions ever, cost over £700 & my hair was sticky, some fell out. Will never use them again!… Read Full Review

“Racoon Hair Extensions - Worst Hair Extensions Ever”

Written on: 27/12/2015 by Meyer232 (1 review written)

Hi, I had Racoon Hair Extensions fitted for Christmas, my worst mistake ever. The hair is shedding everywhere and the glue is sticky in my hair. I have followed the instructions carefully and purchased all the special shampoos and conditioners even though they smell horrible. My extensions cost over 700.00 and i feel this is now wasted money. I have tried to detangle the hair but all that happens is it comes out and brings my own hair with it. I wish I would have read all these bad review… Read Full Review

“Racoon hair matts and is continually shedding”

Written on: 05/12/2015 by 1984Price (1 review written)

I have had Racoon hair extensions put in a week ago and I am so disappointed. The hair is shedding continually and I have lost quite a few of the bonds. I have been back to the salon but she advised I buy more hair to put back in so I have called Racoon direct and they do not want to know, I paid over £500 for these extensions and I feel so upset as nobody wants to help. Know speaking to friends I have been advised that Racoon is known for shedding. Can anyone help… Read Full Review

“Hair is not great & delivery is terrible”

Written on: 15/04/2015

I have been having hair extensions for 10 years and over the last 3 years the quality has really deteriorated i don't think they no longer use European hair like it claims to be. Also mu hairdresser placed orders on next day delivery and it never turned up on time. Useless company have found better quality elsewhere and cheaper as well .. Won't be using them again!!… Read Full Review

“Loved them”

Written on: 25/11/2014

I had racoon hair extentions put in in april I loved them so much. I have read a lot of bad reviews about them, i generally think most peoples problems are lack of after care advice. You do have to take so much care for them by using the racoon shampoo and conditioner, i also used the thermol spray every time i washed and dryed my extensions. Making sure the bonds are completly dry and not clamp ur straightners on them (which is hard as they grown down the hair) ii had them tAken out in… Read Full Review

Tada1025's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2017

Where did you have them done. What city what hair dresser?

Cymrublonde's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2018

Hi,

I hope you don’t mind me asking. How long ago did you have Racoon extensions and how long did you keep them in?
I have been seriously considering having them done for months and have now had a consultation.

“rubbish”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by ZionKehoe433 (1 review written)

v just spent nearly £500 on racoon hair extensions and after washing they have gone frizzy and look dreadfull, unlike the hairdresser that also had them in,hers look great… Read Full Review

Lillybet1508's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2014

you need to go back to the hair dresser that did them, to be fair if hers look great then it cant be the product itself, did they give you after care instructions? are you using the right products on it, and have you dried it properly, I got told you must not let it dry naturally, are you styling it? these are all things that can affect the look of hair extentions, but overall, GO BACK, you paid a LOT of money, it shouldnt look bad

Lillybet1508's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2014

Read 2 Comments

“Do not get Racoon Hair extensions!!”

Written on: 12/05/2014 by Amysarah24 (1 review written)

I am fully trained in hair extensions, I know how long they last, what upkeep is needed and I know on average how much hair you should lose between maintenance. Knowing this and thinking it would be a good idea to get hair extensions whilst my hair grew a little, I decided to put my hard earned money towards Racoon International extensions...Biggest mistake ever! I warn you now, do not waste your money on these extensions. I spent nearly £500 6 weeks ago on a full head of 14'' extensions and I… Read Full Review

Erica_Brook's Response to Amysarah24's Review

Written on: 07/08/2017

Hi hunny just want to say I've had the same problem! I went to my racoon specialist with past shoulder thick glossy hair and today had to have those horrible racoons removed and have now been left with thin short hair ! Mine shredded from the offset I was never given proper advice on how to wash and comb them and then starting losing them with chunks of my own hair ...so racoon have removed them today and admitted that they were not fitted correctly nor was ever given the correct treatment ! Having read forums tonight I think the whole method is now at fault to be honest and shall be seeking legal advice .

Erica_Brook's Response to Amysarah24's Review

Written on: 07/08/2017

“Dreadful”

Written on: 11/04/2014 by LyricWilloughby472 (1 review written)

I had 14" dark blonde racoon extensions at Tony and Guy and they cost around £450, they looked great when I left the salon but 30% fell out within the week and I constantly shed hair which was embarrassing. I had to wear my hair tied up all the time to reduce the hair loss as it was falling out at such a rate. After 3 weeks T&G finally took the remaining hair out and re bonded about half as much back in FOC, this seemed far less full than the original lot but seemed more natural and was far… Read Full Review

“Absolute waste of money”

Written on: 02/04/2013

Hi, when i first heard about Racoon extensions i thought they sounded amazing. But they were far from that. I saved for a long time to pay for them and i was very upset with the result. Me and my hairdresser have a good relationship and she is qualified in applying Racoon extensions as she went on a training course with Racoon. And even she is furious with how mine have turned out, i got them put in last year and they were nice for about a week. Then they all just started falling out and it… Read Full Review

Hairupgrade's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2013

This is a very good review. A lot of our customers have said the exact same thing. I don't know why Racoon seem to have such varying standards of hair. micro rings hair extensions all the way baby! :).

If I may ask what type of hair are you using?

Hair Upgrade Hair Extensions do a very good quality.

If not try Tatiana Hair or Leora Lane hair extensions. I think they both use real virgin russian hair

Kcr18's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2013

Wish I had seen this review before I had spent a lot of money on Racoon hair just had exactly the same experience :(((((

“Kitty”

Written on: 20/08/2012 by Brookie01 (1 review written)

I have just taken out my racoon hair extensions. I only had them in 3 weeks but they would not stop matting. I would say to anyone considering them to beware, they cost a fortune and are not value for money, just the oppisite… Read Full Review

Pippa2's Response to Brookie01's Review

Written on: 21/09/2012

I am trained with racoon and i know that if you keep the bonds well maintained by seperating wo them everyday with your fingers and brush thats recomended they dont matt and always assure that you see the certificate and ask to see previous work, failing that contact racoon yourself and they will tell you where to go in your area. good luck

Ripoffbritain1's Response to Brookie01's Review

Written on: 02/02/2015

I have had Racoon hair extentions since October and have NOT used racoon shampoo or conditioner. Mine are perfect, I look after them by separating the bonds regularly whilst playing with my hair watching TV. I dry my roots almost as soon as I get out of the shower and use the racoon hair brush but never the comb.
I'm totally happy with mine and after 2 rotations only they have cost me £600 which should take me up to end of March........delighted !!

“great quality”

Written on: 28/05/2012 by Rachel.C (1 review written)

i have had racoon hair extensions in for over 6 months now and overall i have been very happy with them. i would only recommend them to those who are willing to spend time taking care of them although its really not that bad if you are used to treating your own hair similarly. Be careful if you are living in hot temperatures and are thinking of having long blonde hair as it drys out really easily and gets frizzy. but once i got used to them and how to take care of them they have been so good… Read Full Review

“Terrible, over rated, over priced.”

Written on: 03/05/2012

I had racoon extensions and it cost me £390...I was willing to pay the price for quality but I didn't get it! I had them removed the next day and luckily my hairdressers were kind enough to oblige. It was terrible I wouldnt pay tenner for them!… Read Full Review

Hairgoddess's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2012

I am a massive hair extensions fan as my hair is thinninh and can I suggest that you choose a hairdresser who has certified Racoon training. The issue 100 per cent is the salon gets lazy. The hair and bonding done by Bonds in Wales is sbsoloutely amazing.
It really upsets me that people blame the hair. Its not the hair its lazy application! Call Racoon they can offer the best salons

Read 1 Comment

“so expensive”

Written on: 05/04/2012

Hi i have just had hair extensions put in to block thinning one side.in total had 35 bonds that was few on each side and i line across back.this cost me 310 with colour,no extra hair,no shampoo and conditioner.last year i bought load hair had full head long hair shampoo,conditioner and brush for this price,can anyone tell me why,so angry,i have been a good customer to racoon,very disappointed,and they fall out quickly so will cost me more when i go back as got no extra hair,not good.only took… Read Full Review

Hairgoddess1's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2012

Honey I am a super Racoon hair extensions fan and sadly it seems like the salon has let you down not the hair. I have used Racoon for 5 years. I had a bad experience with my first salon - I called Racoon cos I was really mad at them - they said look they train the salon but cant control how they do extensions after- get another salon to do the extensions- ask Racoon who - they are really good with customer service.
Also my extensions took 5 hours so I really think 40 minutes for half head is a joke!! Go back get your money and call Racoon!!!! The salon should be name and shamed not Racoon

Read 1 Comment

“worst extensions i've ever had !!! nearly 400 pounds...”

Written on: 26/02/2011

worst extensions i've ever had !!! nearly 400 pounds for 4 weeks ....and in that time i had half re-applyed due too all the loss ....thin out so quickly..look great for about a week ...bonds go soft and tacky ...they say theres no damage to your hair ,which is very true,as they dont stay in long enough too cause any damage !! very poor,,its just a desingner name !!! i'm no stranger too extensions ,and these are most definately the worst ..!!!!!!!! rip off ,poor quality hair,rubbish bonds… Read Full Review

“If you were to have any extensions i would recommend...”

Written on: 09/02/2011

If you were to have any extensions i would recommend Racoon. I have tried various different makes of extensions and Racoon were the best for the natural look by far.
Please be aware that any extensions other than the clip in ones will make your natural hair extremely weak and fragile. I have thin hair and now its even thinner!! I don't regret having them and would have them again as i'm not afraid to have my hair short for a year or so.
They are costly but mine lasted 4 months so i got my… Read Full Review

“Looked OK when I left the hairdresser, but was...”

Written on: 13/01/2010

Looked OK when I left the hairdresser, but was uncomfortable and the hair become ratty very quickly… Read Full Review

“Racoon International Hair Extensions are made from...”

Written on: 15/10/2008 by addictedtohair (1 review written)

Racoon International Hair Extensions are made from fine Euro hair, It feels great. Bonding is soft for my hair. I can re-use my extensions, great value for money.

Overall i am very satisfied with these extensions. Much better than the China hair i used to have. … Read Full Review