The Jewellery Channel Reviews

The Jewellery Channel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The Jewellery Channel

“No quality control”

Written on: 28/09/2020 by ElaineDeavall (1 review written)

far too many items are very poor quality, stones missing on arrival, presenters too busy entertaining instead of showing the products, and rude unhelpful customer services. Not customer orientated.

“Rubbish”

Written on: 16/05/2020 by Cccccmmmmbbbbb (2 reviews written)

Presenters dreadful can't stand how fake they sound. I bought one item a bracelet just to check them out. Item sent did not look like item shown on screen. I wonder if they make a special "show" piece rather than pick a random item from stock. Took a couple of weeks of phone calls to get a refund. Never again.

“Ring fell apart”

Written on: 10/02/2020

Bought an opal and diamond ring set in silver, on the fifth wearing my daughter noticed stone was missing, luckily found it, the claw had snapped off. TJC would not repair it without substantial charge as it was more than 30 days since purchase. Having made silver jewellery years ago I know that if silver is shaped by casting (rather than shaped by hand) as this ring was, it can be affected by minute air bubbles or crystallisation which weakens the structure. Customer service (NOT) was incredibly rude and sent ring back to me although I hadn't requested that. Took it to a couple of jewellers who confirmed it was cast not 'handcrafted' as TJC claim and also that the value was well below what I had paid. I have bought several thousand pounds worth of jewellery from TJC and feel quite disgusted with my treatment. Silver jewellery has been found intact in Viking graves - I'm sure the Vikings didn't take off their rings and put them away carefully before they went into battle! I couldn't even wear mine five times without it falling apart!

Stepheddleston's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2020

The 30 day guarantee is totally separate to your consumer rights in that the ring has to be fit for purpose clearly it was not .you need to speak to a manager not the person in the contact centre. They are wrong in law. Also contact resolver which will speak to the seller and push for a satisfactory outcome . It’s called Resolver.

Read 1 Comment

“Use Paypal to recover your losses”

Written on: 18/12/2019 by AnMe (1 review written)

TJC overcharged me by £15.00 on an item. I immediately requested a refund and the Call centre asked me to provide evidence in the form of a screenshot of the item and price. I immediately sent this to them. I have not heard from them since apart from automated responses. I asked them to inform the CEO. He has not responded to my request so either he hasn't been told (one can only speculate as to why this might be the case), or else he has been informed and has chosen not to respond to this failure by TJC. Paypal have intervened to recover my losses. Having looked at the many bad reviews (See trust pilot) of TJC, I see it as my civic duty to also report them to Trading Standards.

“Sent over 20 emails, no response, they dont answer...”

Written on: 12/07/2019 by McCall345 (1 review written)

Sent over 20 emails, no response, they dont answer phones or hang up.They owe me £37 and cant get it back as I cant get through (from reading all comments it appears a bit of a theme). Was a TJC customer but service now appalling and shady dealings not refunding customers amounts due. Not a large amount in my case but I WOULD WARN ANYONE THINKING OF MAKING AN EXPENSIVE PURCHASE. YOU MAY NEVER SEE YOUR MONEY AGAIN WITHOUT TAKING LEGAL ACTION!!

Written on: 19/12/2019

If you paid by PAYPAL they will recover your losses. Report TJC to Trading Standards

Read 1 Comment

“BEWARE DO NOT BUY FROM TJC UK”

Written on: 21/05/2019 by JacquelineEN3 (2 reviews written)

The ring purchased was return in 13 March 2019 my refund was not done and called few times on my last call I did inform then if my refund is not done I will issued a small claim court action. I have to take TJC to court and issue a bailiffs order again them, I received the original refund £163.33 today 21/5/19 and the court order was £380.47, this is not except able and I have request the bailiffs to collect the full refund for the order issued 23/4/2019 the company have been very disappointing to say. This the facts buyer be BEWARE. DO NOT BUY FROM TJC UK

Anme's Response to JacquelineEN3's Review

Written on: 19/12/2019

Many thanks for the review. I am currently using Paypal to recover my losses.

Read 1 Comment

“wrong information and then ignored!”

Written on: 08/11/2018 by stephanieburnett (1 review written)

what's the point of asking a question if your staff give out the wrong info - not once, but twice? Ordered a (quite expensive) ring after enquiring whether it would be possible to get it resized only to be told it couldn't, in fact be resized. I was then told I could have an alternative one for the same price that would fit, only to be told by someone else I couldn't have the alternative one at the same price. Was left with a vague "I'll check what price we can do and come back to you" - a week and 2 further emails from me and they STILL haven't bothered to reply/respond in any way - clearly from the "ignore them and they'll go away" school of customer services! won't be using them again!

“Opatra dermineck”

Written on: 16/05/2018 by HaydenBartlett147 (1 review written)

I bought an Opatra dermineck in late march 2018 from TJC jewellery channel,paid £250, but a few weeks later they were selling it again at £199, when I rang to complain they said they never had sold it at £199, liers! don't trust them. They used to sell reasonably good jewellery, but not any more, their silver turns black within weeks.

Trudycam's Comment

Written on: 11/10/2019

I believe this review totally

Written on: 19/12/2019

I am going to report them to Trading Standards.

Read 2 Comments

“rox plawless eyes ”

Written on: 26/04/2018

watching tjc right now they always show that they have compared prices but ive just looked on amazon right now and found rox flawless eys for a price of £36.99 plus p&P of £3.99 which comes to much less than what tjc claim that you cant get this product cheaper anywhere else it was the same with there bug soother I found this product at better price than tjc and you get next day delivery. and you notice they compare the prices and you don't see the website they have compared there anyone can do what they do on a website claiming they have compared the prices. tjc tell you compare prices I wish people would cause I know ive done this and found several of there products that they are trying to sell at a much cheaper price.

Fredgrey's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2018

I tried to order 4 items with a total value of just under £300 and they refused to supply the goods unless they saw my passport and a utility bill. Mastercard are very suspicious of this behaviour......................

“Terence m dixon ”

Written on: 24/03/2018 by 153Sherwood (1 review written)

i think the presenters are embarrassing the way they go on about unbelievable items and they don't tell you the gold weight on some of the gold they sell. believe me these prices on tjc are not unbelievable.

“Shocking customer service”

Written on: 18/03/2018 by Todd119 (1 review written)

Ordered some earrings for £560.00 on 27th Feb. Was given a date of dispatch which never materialised. After numerous phone calls and e mails and promises of return phone calls to let me know what was happening with them I am still waiting on the 18th of March. The only good thing about them is their ability to empty your bank account. Will never use them again. Totally useless company stay well clear.

“Do not buy from TJC”

Written on: 04/03/2018 by RyleePeck1990 (1 review written)

Do not buy from TJC. My partner bought me an engagement ring. The platinum snapped and diamond fell out! Sent back to TJC within one year warranty in November and asked for full refund. Got refused. TJC said they would repair the ring. It’s now March and I have no ring or refund. Seeking advice regarding consumer rights. Shocking!

Go to Trading Standards

“Disgusting customer care”

Written on: 05/01/2018 by Ppssll (1 review written)

Paid for goods, they didn’t send out, asked for money back they said they didn’t receive the money dilute PayPal confirming they had it 7 Emails and 5 calls no one gets back to you Only got money back when PayPal opened a case Absolutely disgusting service I will never buy from them again or recommend to anyone

“First class service. ”

Written on: 05/10/2017 by Nx561 (1 review written)

This is the very first time I have done mail order and I am very pleased with my I order. Spoke with customer support and they were so helpful with my order. Received goods on time. Very pleased with the quality of the items

“Customer Service Are Liars”

Written on: 22/09/2017 by Krishr471 (1 review written)

Bought a Diamond ring for my wife and spent well over a £1000 for it. Prior to buying we conformed with customer Service if the ring could be re sized and was told it could be. So when received it was a size too big so we called customer service again to arrange the resizing. Sent it back and around ten days later we got a call stating that the ring could not be resized and the they would keep the ring and refund or send it back. The guy who called us was an ignorant idiot, Rude and just lied the whole time on the phone we proved he was lying to us time and time again. he would not let us speak to a manager or any other person in the business. while my wife was on the phone to Sohil I called Customer Service and asked could the ring that was the same as the one we bought and was on sale on the website be resized after one minuet we were told yes it could. This is where the fun started with Sohil. As I confronted him with what we have just been told and the abuse and rubbish that came out of his mouth was to say different. This company have some good English and Asian staff working for them, but some absolutely rubbish  as well. Would I buy from them again....No would I recommend them.....No. My advice to anyone is do your home work with this company. They quote the price of gold all the time and try to make out your getting a great deal your not. The presenters do not have a clue what they are talking about and often just stop talking altogether they have no enthusiasm and are there just for a job. Please don't buy from these guys.

“Disgusted”

Written on: 02/08/2017

Bought several items from TJC before they started selling primarily cheaper items. The old saying 'what you get is what you pay for' is partially correct here. Their cheap range is garbage in my experience. Rings bend out of shape, stones fall out, plating comes off. Their Iliana range however is the crème de la crème right? Err no. We purchased an Iliana Tanzanite in 18ct white gold. After a few wears the stone came lose. We returned it. 8 weeks and many chases later it was returned. Same thing happened twice more. In the end we asked for a refund and were told we could have one. Returned ring again as requested. They sat on it for 6 weeks and sent it back to us saying they had not repaired it as requested by us! We returned it again for our refund. This went on for weeks and weeks. They then said the ring was damaged which it was not when it was sent (bar the loose stone) Eventually after many phone calls they refused our refund, denied we had ever been promised one (although they record all calls- of course they do- not true) and eventually returned the ring repaired for a fourth time. Moral of this story? The jewellery is junk. The service is worse. If you have endless time, money and patience then buy something from these jokers. You will regret it I am sure. Or you could do what we should have done. Gone to a reputable Jeweller, paid a bit more, but get some service and peace of mind. Remember the service is shocking, they WILL lie to you, they WILL not return calls. They are great at taking your money but nothing else. How they are still allowed to trade is beyond me. I would have given them no stars if it was possible.

Jg10's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2019

This is soo true be warned

Read 1 Comment

“the way most of the presenters go on for example they...”

Written on: 28/07/2017 by 1986Love (1 review written)

the way most of the presenters go on for example they might be two on and one shakes his head that much i thought it was going to drop off. i am sorry but i am so embarrassed for you all. but i do buy the odd item but i use my own judgement.

“Worst customer service ever”

Written on: 26/06/2017 by ChaceCraig (1 review written)

They lost my earrings in the post was told if I hadn't heard back in four days they would give me a refund. Rang back to be told that this information was not right and that it would take up to 30 days for an investigation to take place. The girl was rude and would not listen to anything I said . Absolutely disgusted at the treatment I have received from this company . Will not buy again .

“Very disappointing customer service.”

Written on: 25/06/2017 by lapdogshoesnog (1 review written)

I bought a gold overlay sterling silver diamond daisy ring last year. The gold overlay started to wear off quite quickly but I didn't really care because i liked the ring anyway. I noticed a stone was missing from the ring earlier this year and I emailed the company. I got no response so phoned TJC to complain. They said it would be repaired under warranty and sent a pre paid sticker to return it to them. The ring that was returned to me as repaired was the same as mine but not my ring. The ring I returned as per my original contact was more silver than gold overlay. The ring they sent me was all covered in gold overlay but also had awful chipped stones in it. In my opinion this ring is a 'second' and certainly not anything I want. To date I have been sent this ring FOUR times as my 'repaired ring' and no matter what i say to the ' customer service ' representative they keep sending back to me. I will never deal with this company again they are unprofessional,uncooperative and unhelpful.

“Why do TJC charge VAT when online shopping”

Written on: 12/03/2017 by Izaiah437 (1 review written)

Very disappointed TJC add 'VAT' to any online shopping. I wanted to purchase stud earrings but when I saw VAT added on to my order I cancelled.

Krysw's Comment

Written on: 01/01/2018

Also Customer Service won't or cannot answer why. I have asked 2 different Customer Service personnel but just got some mixed up answers and then the simple "I don't know ". Krystyna