Made in Belfast Belfast Reviews

2.5
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

Made in Belfast Belfast - Ask a question now

“We had a lovely dinner at Made in Belfast”

written by mike75 on 23/12/2013

We have eaten at this restaurant when we visited a friend in Belfast. It has a relaxing dining atmosphere and excellent food. The price was good too.

“Good food, quirky décor ”

written by Ray_Fakadakis on 10/05/2012

Nice atmosphere, good food and pleasant, attentive staff. Good choice for first date, the décor is certainly a conversation starter.

“I've been to Made in Belfast a few times now, and...”

written by siobhanmcguigan on 21/11/2010

I've been to Made in Belfast a few times now, and although I really like the decor and ambience, the service leaves a lot to be desired, and my recent visit last week was really disappointing. I won't be back in a hurry!

The food was for the main part really tastless, which was surprising as one of the party had fish and chips which is generally a sure safe bet - but there was no taste of the fish at all, it simply provided texture only. I had a burger which again had very little flavour, disappointing. The food was served in tin dishes which was nice but there is a kind of grease proof paper lining the bottom, which meant that over the course of the meal it got soggy and torn and we ended up eating half of the paper along with our food! I mentioned this to a member of staff who was totally disinterested and just smiled and walked off. At the end of the meal we did say to another member of staff that we weren't very impressed overall and at least she listened and took notice of our feedback. Lovely place inside, great atmosphere - but it does need to be supported by good food and sadly didn't deliver on this crucial part of any restaurant experience.

“LOVED IT. ”

written by on 20/10/2009

LOVED IT.
Went with my girlfriend and we had a wonderful time. The staff were very friendly. We both loved the decor and the food was great (altho we did have to wait a while). Loved the fact that it was different and the food wasnt served in a traditional way ie plates lol. wud definitely go back and we have recommended it to friends. Definitely somewhere to go for that special occasion.Wud reccommend that you book in advance

“ I loved Made in Belfast at first, but it is amazing...”

written by on 09/04/2009

I loved Made in Belfast at first, but it is amazing how one person can completely ruin a aplace for you. There is one member, who is so unpleasant I actually on one occasion stood there positively dumb with shock from what had been said to me. Worst of all this particular occasion was when I was showing a friend from down south around Belfast. I am unfortunately not basing this on an individual event either; I am only too aware that a person can have a bad day, but it appears for this person this attitude is the norm. I have had to make the stand that I will not be returning to Made in Belfast despite all of the things I like about it as this person is truly beyond belief; this also means that I cannot recommend this establishment to anyone as I would not wish to put them through the humiliating experience that could ensue.

Kdh23's Comment

Written on: 21/07/2009

I found this review not helpful because...I felt it was personal. My friends and I love this place. It has great atmosphere and great food and it is always busy.

“Went to Made in Belfast for a friends birthday dinner,...”

written by austino10 on 25/10/2008

Went to Made in Belfast for a friends birthday dinner, which was switched from the Potthouse at the last minute. For starter I had Goats cheese salad with rocket, beetroot, roasted walnuts and some balsamic vinegar. I really enjoyed this course, which was filling, but more importantly very tasty. The inclusion of the walnuts was an excellent choice by the menu creator, and although i usually shy away from beetroot, this time there was nothing left on my plate.

Main course - Fish and Chips. Sounds very dull doesn't it? not when it is served in such a way as MIB present it. The fish was chunky and fresh, with a deliciously crisp batter. The chips were fresh and beautifully done, although I do regret there were not a few more to feed my greed for them. The tartar sauce was beyond the normal, arriving in a little shot glass and full of taste. But it was the mushy peas that i loved the most. I'm only guessing here but I think there was some tarragon seasoning through them, and it was a welcome new slant on what can be a mundane side-dish to a favourite sea-faring dish.

Stuffed, i refused dessert, but could not resist to ask my friend to try some of the chocolate sauce which came with the brownie he ordered. It was not a look-back to the fudge-cake, but was a milk-chocolate sauce which sent me asking for another spoonful.

regret of the night... not ordering dessert.
Drink: Belfast Ale.

“Arrived on Saturday 27th 2008 , yes lovely decor and...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 08/10/2008

Arrived on Saturday 27th 2008 , yes lovely decor and friendly staff; however the waitress toppled two bottles of mineral water followed by the glasses over my wife, not a good start. She then wiped the table with a thick dirty looking tea towel and had to be asked twice to dry the table which still remained wet through the meal. She did not at any stage enquire if my wife was wet or needed a towel but just mumbled on about something, being my birthday and not being wet myself. I didn't let it bother me, accidents do happen.
I ordered the Burger in a Belfast bap which tasted lovely until I had a few mouthfuls and noticed it was very pink, EHOs will advise you that all mince products must be cooked thoroughly, waitress advised me otherwise, 'we cook our burgers medium' hmm being a chef for twenty years I never did that. She then enquired if I wanted my burger cooked for a little longer.
My burger came back cooked this time with the comment, 'apologies your burger was bit pink', and again I was left to get on with the meal.
The waitress asked us if we wanted desert which we didn't and we paid the bill, kind of thought someone would say how was your meal or offer another small apology, never happened, I don't think they saw us leave. Will never be back, I felt this was a waste of a night.

“BAD!! Food, service, staff attitude! ”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by laneyl on 29/09/2008

BAD!! Food, service, staff attitude!
Waited for a lifetime to be served by an extremely unfriendly waiter, then waited almost an hour for food, even though it was not busy. Food was boring and bland and the waiter failed to bring us cutlery even after we asked so we had to walk over to another table and lift some. The waiter watched us do this but still failed to come over. This place sucks!!!

“Myself and a friend came to Made In Belfast for a few...”

written by on 25/09/2008

Myself and a friend came to Made In Belfast for a few drinks and food after work after reading great reviews. We were very disappointed with both food and service, our drinks were warm and our fish finger sandwiches were cold! When the waiter came to collect our plates he didn't seem to care that our food was untouched. Will definitely not be rushing back here.

“Belfast has at last an urban gastro-restaurant.The...”

written by ellen kousoula on 13/04/2008

Belfast has at last an urban gastro-restaurant.The food was everything you could have wished for.In a city that has only a few good places to offer good food."Made in Belfast "has hit the mark with good wholesome gastro cooking,friendly staff,with a good knowledge of the food,urban surroundings and funky tunes. If its good wholesome food like your Granmom used to cook,then this is the place to go.