Suzuki V-Strom X 650 Reviews

• Build quality

• Reliability

Suzuki V-Strom X 650 - Ask a question now

“Bought my VStrom DL650GT form West London Suzuki after...”

Written on: 12/08/2010

Bought my VStrom DL650GT form West London Suzuki after passing my bike test. Back on a bike after a 24 year break! Sales, advice and delivery were all excellent.
Fantastic all round bike, ridden mine every day excepting 2 weeks snow in Dec/Jan. Reliable, economical, comfortable, handles well and is still exciting. Just come back from a camping tour around Europe, bike was eating up the miles and was comfortable ride even with a ton of kit on the back. No better bike since the Africa Twin!!!… Read Full Review

“Swapped my Tiger as I wanted to cut done on running...”

Written on: 31/10/2009

Swapped my Tiger as I wanted to cut done on running costs as I commute on two wheels and my choice was going to be Fazer 600, until the 650 X came along, I cannot praise the bike enough for what it delivers. Only thing to watch is the corrosion during the winter months, Suzuki are still a litte bit behind with paint thickness and quality fasteners. Also the Suzuki luggage is very down market I am in a warranty dispute at the moment but the bike is excellent… Read Full Review

“What a great bike I did a lot of research on the Strom...”

Written on: 20/01/2009 by ocean reef (1 review written)

What a great bike I did a lot of research on the Strom and whether I am going to work, or taking a trip down to Margaret River, it is ideal for all sorts of activities. I think Suzuki really hit the mark when they came up with this one but I think they got the name wrong… Read Full Review

“I have owned many motorcycles and styles. This is one...”

Written on: 24/10/2008 by thomastitus (2 reviews written)

I have owned many motorcycles and styles. This is one of my favorites. They are very popular and maintain their resale value. I bought mine to take a trip from northern Alaska to Southern Argentina. It can keep up with many sports bikes if you know how to ride. More top end speed than is legal. Great long distance capability. Great acceleration and cornering. Great for beginners and experineced riders alike… Read Full Review

“I've been riding bikes for over 30 years and have...”

Written on: 15/08/2008

I've been riding bikes for over 30 years and have owned many bikes in the past but this one takes top prize. For me this bike does everything I want a bike to do. It handles extremely will, straight line and cornering, gets fantastic fuel mileage (54-56 mpg) which translates to about 400/425 miles to a tank. The only way I can describe the engine is "sweet". Great power, lots of torque, quiet and just loves to rev. See a dirt road that looks interesting. No problem, just blast down the road… Read Full Review

Ocean Reef's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2009

I found this review helpful because...I have recently purchased a V strom and would like to no if others share my high prase of it

Read 1 Comment

“I've already clocked 2000 miles with the Suzuki VStrom...”

Written on: 25/07/2008 by stormrider (2 reviews written)

I've already clocked 2000 miles with the Suzuki VStrom and it's thrilling me more and more. A recent trip to Newcastle (300+ miles one way) was the ultimate test for me. I was prepared for all sorts of surprises - from technical faults to stiff back/legs... Well, nothing of the sort! The bike handled perfectly! It made my journey a pleasant blast and I enjoyed every minute of it! Very comfortable, fast and steady at all speeds. The high seat allows excellent view of the road ahead and plenty of… Read Full Review

Larcoal's Response to stormrider's Review

Written on: 06/05/2009

The V-Strom (Wee Strom) seems to be gaining more popularity every week. I plan to get one this year or next.

Read 1 Comment

“Comfortable ride... easy to handle... the power is...”

Written on: 09/07/2008

Comfortable ride... easy to handle... the power is there when you need it. Good looking bike. Just a great bike... loads of fun!… Read Full Review

“I also own a Honda VFR800 - it's a lovely bike but I...”

Written on: 05/04/2008 by stevepearce (5 reviews written)

I also own a Honda VFR800 - it's a lovely bike but I commute 130 miles round trip to work, it handles really well and can get you home before you leave BUT it kills me to ride this distance every day on this style of bike. Visited West London Suzuki, Bedfont, and they had the Suzuki V-Strom X 650 on offer. The style is ideal for my regular journey, and it handles really well, fuel consumption is also very good. I admit I am still running in but should go on for miles - according to the write… Read Full Review

Stevepearce's Response to stevepearce's Review

Written on: 26/08/2008

Have now had the bike this bike 5 months and have covered 7000 trouble free miles. Next service at 7500 miles. Travelling the 130 miles a day - could really do with greater mileage between service intervals. Book early for service as booking times can be 3 weeks... Although initial cost are inexpensive - I thought I could end up with some mechanical / build quality issues - I'm pleased to say - so far I have been proved wrong... Still happy with ride position/fuel consumption is great - still getting 260 miles to 18 litres (pprox 67 mpg)... As now run in is far more responsive - and it can be thrown into bends quite happily at speed. Grat Bike - Great Price, give it another year and I expect I will get a new one.