Parkdean holidays , Southerness caravan Reviews

Parkdean holidays , Southerness caravan - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Parkdean holidays , Southerness caravan

Parkdean holidays , Southerness caravan

“Dirtiest caravan site and lack of concern ”

Written on: 09/09/2021

We came 6th of September its been a very tough time for us and I was looking forward to some down time just after 4 iin the afternoon we sat outside our van with waiting on the cleaners finishing when we got in my stomach turned the front step and under the van had energy drink cans discarded and I counted at least 20 roaches they enjoyed their drugs before we came inside I cried it was filthy never mind they put us in danger of covid 19 don't kown when it had last been cleaned windows filthy stuck to dirty carpets corner sofa had dirt and stains stunk of urine shower unit covered in mould we neve r even looked in the bedrooms we could never of stayed there we went to reception the guy who took the initial complaint talked over me I was told I could not have my money back and they were full so could not move us after finally getting into a state they met us at the van supervisors they agreed it was in a poor state we were told to sit in the lounge bar have something to eat and drink and they would pay for it all we had a pint of larger glass of water a magnum ice cream and a Pepsi we had stopped at Dumfries for lunch we were given an upgrade caravan with decking smaller than the 1 I payed for 0we were just wanting a clean place to stay the drains have stunk for 4 days despite me pouring bleach down the sinks the front steps leading to the caravan about 3feet high had a facing coming off my wee granddaughter tripped and fell down the stairs they sent down a cleaner first aider who was lovely and showed us some conpassion she was crying on and off for a couple of days her dad had to come down from Bathgate she is only 10 no compensation no how is she I could write a book holiday from hell tks for reading

“Mobile signal”

Written on: 21/10/2017 by qazwsx987 (1 review written)

From the moment we entered the site, no mobile signal, unable to make or receive calls,or texts, no Internet. We had to purchase on site wifi, even then still no calls or text for the entire week we were there. Also, bar staff extremely slow.To queue for twenty minutes just to get a drink is unacceptable.Will not be back.

“Dirtiest caravan ever”

Written on: 18/09/2017 by Leab333 (1 review written)

This holiday was a great disappointment the caravan must be the dirtiest caravan I have ever stayed in. According to the man I spoke to on the phone when booking the holiday it was a lovely caravan and not that old. Well was he wrong the shower hadn't been cleaned probably for ages the kitchen taps need replacing as does the kettle and toaster. The wood skirting in the bedroom haven't seen a clean this year. Net curtains ripped in lounge area. We paid for half Board big mistakes we place our order and waited an hour between our starter and our main the soup was cold chips were also cold, spoke to the manage about it he did apologise and said it would be better the next night it was we just waited 45 mins between our courses. They tend to serve the people paying as they order before the half board. The was my first time using dean park and it will be my last.

“Disabled access”

Written on: 18/04/2017 by BeauRodriguez (1 review written)

Caravan lovely, adapted for Wheelchair. Clubhouse Nightmare , no seats , crowded.people literally jammed in. Manager advised 'nothing I can do about it' £369 for the pleasure of sitting in the caravan

“best caravan ever”

Written on: 14/09/2014

we came here in may on sun holiday had a lovely time weather not so good thunder storms on an evening but fine trhough the day we had a caravan overlooking the fields with the little lambs in everytime it rained they would run for cover under the trailers in the field it was funny to watch them .anyway we booked another caravan just returned and had the best holiday ever the people are so friendly and the caravan we were given was fab right on the beach overlooking the sea every day i walked the beach three times with my little dog we also had a balcony which was great for the dod as it meant we could leave the caravan door open i didnt want to come home we were so lucky as we had fantastic weather i would like to thank the young lady on reception she was so helpfull and friendly she had long dark hair i would love to mention her name we were there monday the 8th to friday 11th .sun holiday price good but i think it would be expensive otherwise .

“lovely place ”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by R1ver (1 review written)

What a lovely place. Better then I expected to be honest after reading some pass reviews, but from the moment we arrived we had a warm welcome from the check in lady given a little bag with keys map and other things to help in our stay, I was shown where we were staying on the map guided with directions and given information on numbers if we had any issues. We had noting to complain about we found the caravan straight away. It was perfect for us 1 adult 1 adult with walking needs 4 children from 8 years to 10mths. Hired cot and highchair delivered within time given. We stayed in a dee with was lovely the only criticism would be lack of locking on the main door toddler had no worries in openning door when a woken neefs a bolt at the top to ad in security. Other then that it was well equipt and bedding was fresh white linen. A car is a must for us to get around as you are in the middle of no where. we had lovely trips to near by Dumfries, sandyhills bay and sweetheart abbey for afternoon tea. The on site shop was well equipt and on average prices were fair. The site it self was very clean even the toilets in the main complex. The site had many well equipped play areas, inside was a soft play area kids had a fantastic time in here. entertainment we saw was very good for the kids we didnt stay all night for adults the pool looked well used. on site restaurant was lovely, served lovely meals seemed a little slow but nothing major good selection on both food and drink like you would pay in a brewsters fare and wetherspoons. overall cant complain. Great time had by all but the weather helped alot.

“terrible”

Written on: 03/07/2014

We stayed for 7 night, however we originally booked through the sun hoildays and we had to upgrade due to be able to get a disabled and dog friendly caravan, however the caravan was not disabled friendly atm all, my mother who walks with crutches couldn't walk up and down the caravan easily. Dont get me started on the bathroom, she nearly fell over trying to get in and out of the shower and there were no hand rails to support her either. The bed room area was tiny, so she struggled to get in and out of bed. So dont book here of you dont need a wheelchair access, but are disabled. Thr worst part of it we called in twice and stated both times that we needed a disabled caravan.... urgh I wouldnt consider booking here again. Services for the coast bar were terrible, we had to wait 15mins before getting served, by that time we walked out. Staff were okay, pool was clean, but very chloridey.

“Your worst nightmare”

Written on: 04/09/2012

Don't even consider buying a caravan on this site. It is a beautifull part of the world and that is the only good comment I could make about it. The staff at the site are indifferent to whatever comment you have to make and if you write to the owners you will get the same response. If you are a retired person thsi is not the place for you. When you think it is safe to go for a quiet drink and a wee dance in the bar after 10pm you will be sorely disappointedas there are screaming toddlers and young children running about with water guns and footballs, parents are shouting and swearing at them to go away and not annoy them No sense in complaining you will be told this is a 'Caravan Park'. Children are catered for with Discos etc at a reasonable time but they are allowed to spoil the enjoyment of all other visitors. We were told blatant lies by the sales team at Deanpark and the head office wash their hands of all responsibility. The company make it almost impossible to sell your caravan. I am now lobbying my MP to have legislation on caravan parks looked into.

“Poor and tiresome”

Written on: 17/08/2012

We stayed in southerness in the 2012 summer holidays. We stayed in a friends caravan which was lovely. But on the first night we went into the entrance to the arcade where we showed our passes which were the people in the caravans. They had assured us it would be ok to get in. The guard on duty was rude as hell he said we shouldnt be in the park and he took our passes. We had to go into reception the foolowing morning and BUY some!!! The resturant was poor we booked a table of 7 + high chair. We got there no highchair and 6 chairs awful, food was ok but slightly cold.

“Dreadful Caravan”

Written on: 17/10/2011 by Oldmeer (2 reviews written)

we booked a Clyde caravan which looked lovely in the brochure. How wrong could we be. The cushions on the seats were stained and torn,The curtains would not pull shut so I had to clean the rails then they did close ok. The pillows in the bedrooms were covered in brown stains. The drain from the sink smelt awful. Lots of the wall lights had no bulbs in them some never had shades on them either. The smoke alarm did not have a battery in it.The restaruant was ok some of the food was alright the service was not good my guess the youngsters were counting down the day's till they closed. The entertainment again was very jaded and seeing all that they had to do I am sure they were looking forward to the end of season.The sound was too loud for such a small entertainment room. The good points were the view from the caravan was stunning, we loved the beach and area but not the caravan. Perhaps we should have complained while we were there but was so tired after travelling over 6 hours just could not be bothered. just hope the reception took note of my complaints when we handed the keys back in.

“ENJOY AND RELAX”

Written on: 17/09/2011 by Leechie (1 review written)

Caravans and park very clean and quiet at night. Swimming pool very good,On site shop good, and Coast Bar good selection of food, freshly cooked, reasonable price and portion size. I would recommend locally, Mabie Farm, Mabie Forest walks, Southerness beach walk, Dumfries shops and riverside walk (just beware of the alky's). To sum up a good base for a good holiday.

“Where do i start with this complaint!! ”

Written on: 20/04/2011

Where do i start with this complaint!!

I booked a 4 day break at your Southerness caravan park in dumfries..i booked the dee caravan which stated that it was a deluxe caravan and the pictures of the caravan looked lovely and suitable for our family! However on arrival we were allocated our caravan only to find that the caravan we got was NOTHING like the one they advertised on the website...Not one picture on your website of the dee caravan resembles the caravan what so ever and as from deluxe i would say the caravan was basic and standard by no sence of the word deluxe! when we arrived we were missing duvet covers which we had to complain about as 3 single and 1 double duvet is not suitable for 7 people! the caravan was tiny and for 7 people was not suitable, the caravan door did not shut over properly and my daughter of 1 1/2 years fell out the caravan door....lucky she did not seriously harm herself! the main lounge area was so small that we had to move the table everytime we had finished eating as for 3 kids it was just a hazard! had the dining table been where it was in the pictures they advertised it would not have been a problem!! i went to reception to be moved but was advised that the park was fully booked so had to make do with the very little we had!
they advertise that they have Wi-fi to only find out on arrival that they only have wi-fi at the coast bar and even then using it at the coast bar you could not log on half the time!
The toilets at the coast bar and at the play area were discusting! you could not even walk into the toilets with the fowl smell......the toilets were NOT clean and out of 6 cubicles not 1 of them had any toilet roll!
We ordered lunch at the coast bar only to wait 2 HOURS for lunch to arrive and once it arrived i was very dissapointed to find a hair in my food which i obvisously sent back and complained about!!
In the kids play area there is no supervision what so ever with teenagers running about the kids soft play!
they advertise the swimming pool but fail to advertise that you only get in the pool for an hour and it was also discusting with my son ending up with verrucas!!
The whole park is run by young adults who could not care less!

I was extremely dissapointed with the whole holiday and which was ment to be 4 lovely days away turned into a nightmare and i will NEVER be returning to one of there caravan sites and will be making other places known of this!
How you can they advertise a caravan with pictures which they say on there website "resemble the actual caravan" is beyond me as in fact they are of no resemblence what so ever! how can a family can book a caravan suitable for there family and kids if when they arrive the caravan is nothing like what you have advertised?

VERY VERY VERY disappointing!!

“We bought a caravan on this site a few years ago and...”

Written on: 20/01/2011 by Stewart26 (1 review written)

We bought a caravan on this site a few years ago and it was the worst thing we ever did. There is nothing that this company can do right and if we listed every poor experience we have had it would fill several pages. They also could not care less once they have your money. I would very seriously recommend you go elsewhere and to the person thinking of buying - don't do it! Please learn from our mistake. If we could sell and get out we would but they make sure you can't do that either unless you are prepared to accept a couple of thousand pounds for your nearly new caravan. They are appallingly bad.

“avoid swiming pool opens at 9 closes at 5 shuts twice...”

Written on: 03/09/2010

avoid swiming pool opens at 9 closes at 5 shuts twice aday for residents only close for lunch caravan dirty no water when we arrived might be working at 7pm a soft play area u can fit in a marley type garage adventure play area a joke you grt better childrens play areas equipment in a lot of family pubs the highlight of the night seems to be the bingo full of gambling machines we were booked and paid for a week left after 2 days staff dont care parkdean dont care still waiting to here from them nearly 2 months since been there rubbish boring poor faciltes staff dont care dont waste your money folks

“load of rubbish, boring, expensive, miserable staff,...”

Written on: 29/07/2010

load of rubbish, boring, expensive, miserable staff, security taking their jobs a bit too seriously heard them shouting at little kids. My daughter lost her entertainment pass and they wanted £6 for replacement. Pool too small. Will never be back.

“ripped net curtains & lino.Cracked toilet seat(where I...”

Written on: 21/07/2010

ripped net curtains & lino.Cracked toilet seat(where I caught my bum!)Mattress lumpy,frame broken.We slept on the couch(more comfortable).Kids entertainment was changeable and never on time(when my 9yr old was 5mins late for the WOW factor show she was told that she couldn't enter(even though they were still doing auditions.The complex was to open at 9.00am,but after 3 attempts to try to get in I met a lifeguard & eventually got in,only to discover the cash machine was broken!!!The so called crazy golf was just that!---really needs upgrading-pretty rubbish.On a positive note ,the staff were very helpful.Not enough choices for veggies.

“holiday at southerness in june this year was a bit...”

Written on: 09/07/2010 by weemeggy (1 review written)

holiday at southerness in june this year was a bit disappointing, we boooked a new for 2010 caravan and it certainly wasnt new! the caravan was smelly, dirty, cooker was scratched, bits units broken! i had too clean the caravan before we could get unpacked! the kids entertainment was too say the least brilliant, Lee the same as last year very cheery always smiling! park itself was clean, dont know if i would return though

“caravan was dirty, no frying pan, pots dirty,nothing...”

Written on: 07/07/2010

caravan was dirty, no frying pan, pots dirty,nothing to light cooker with and shop was shut ,faulty fire,boiler had been switched of (glass cover over pilot light missing)so no hot water.on a positive note the food was nice at the complex.

“Stayed at Southerness for 4 nights from 31st may 2010....”

Written on: 08/06/2010

Stayed at Southerness for 4 nights from 31st may 2010. We camped in our tent. Pitch was a good size with electric hook up, located near to shower/toilet block. Rained all during the night on the tues but the drainage was good and no puddles around the tent. Shower blocks are ok, could do with people cleaning up more after themselves. They were cleaned quite regulary by staff but didn't stay this way for long. The showers weren't very warm either. Quite a good shop on site, although quite expensive but ok for buying essentials like bread and milk. Didn't eat in the Coast bar but the menu looked quite varied and not bad prices. The swimming pool is small and only 25 people are allowed in at a time for a 45 min period, however, we had no problem getting in and the time was long enough. The kids (aged 10, 9 and 4) loved the entertainment in the Show bar. The Allstar staff were really good with them and worked very hard. The surrounding area is beautiful, lots of pretty little villages and some gorgeous beaches. We were very lucky and had a 4 days of hot, sunny weather which made a big difference. I would definetley return for to this site as it was great value for money, very clean and friendly.

“we have just got back from our 5th stay at southerness...”

Written on: 06/06/2010 by bennett28 (1 review written)

we have just got back from our 5th stay at southerness and thay have done quite a few upgrades and alterations from last year. We were glad to see the majority of the staff were still there, all happy in their work and it shows. Paula does a fantastic job and we hope she stays there for a long time to come. I would reccommend this place to anyone especially those with small children as there is entertainment from 10am till the bar shuts should your children stay up that late. May daughter loves it and so does my neice and nephew. We are going back in august and already planning to book for next spring bank. This place is so child friendly even a single parent like me can feel secure and the welcome from the staff is priceless. The menu's are als much improved with a next 2 for £10 menu which is excellent for those on a budget.