Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge Freezer Reviews

• Service & Support

Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge Freezer - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge Freezer

Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge Freezer

“Maytag worse products ever?”

Written on: 02/08/2012

3 versions had broken in the 3 years I have had them. Very noisey. Now broken. Without doubt the biggest waste of £1.5k. Only thing worse is there customer service. Then paid £300 to be fixed. It could not be fixed. £1.8k. Now they want more !… Read Full Review

“My american Fridge Freezer is 5 years and 4 months...”

Written on: 07/05/2011 by robfreel (1 review written)

My american Fridge Freezer is 5 years and 4 months old, has stopped working and have been advised that its the compressor. cost to repair is over 500 pounds more that half the cost of it when new. Repair company advised against repairing. Has anybody else had this problem. No help from Maytag when asking how long this product would be expected to last. they deny any problems with this machine.
If purchasing again I would not select Maytag. whilst the machine looks perfectly good from the… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to robfreel's Review

Written on: 16/03/2012

My Maytag American style fridge freezer is just 4 years old & the compressor has packed up. A local engineer told me a new compressor would cost £500+ (not including labour)but he is unable to fit as it contains the old style gas which needs a licensed engineer to replace. He was surprised that it did not have the ozone friendly gas which all refrigerators should now have. The cost for a Maytag engineer to call was extortionate. This model was in excess of £2000 new and I would expect the parts to last much longer. Interestingly, if you live in USA or Canada, the compressor is covered under their warranty for 10 years! Why does that not apply to UK? I would not recommend Maytag to anyone!

Read 1 Comment

“This is my third Maytag fridge freezer. Thank goodness...”

Written on: 03/08/2009

This is my third Maytag fridge freezer. Thank goodness I bought this from Jon Lewis. This fridge has frozen twice, once when I had my sons birthday party and the second time was for our 32nd wedding anniversary party, and they are non too keen to compensate me for the ruined food. I am still left with a "lump" of mastic at the back of the fridge where the filter goes into the back of the casing. I cannot believe a Co like this has such a basic design fault.
This is a good solid appliance what… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“my advice is do not touch this fridge with a barge pool ”

Written on: 11/11/2008 by emmalulu88 (1 review written)

my advice is do not touch this fridge with a barge pool
terrible problems from the start.it froze everything in the fridge twice.now its 2 weeks outside the 2 year warranty and engineer says its unfixable
what a terrible waste of over one thousand pounds
i am doing my research this time on the best one to buy
so do not buy this unless you want to waste your money, that's my recommendation … Read Full Review

“Like other reviews we have had the same problems with...”

Written on: 08/10/2008 by pandrew20 (1 review written)

Like other reviews we have had the same problems with our Maytag GC2225PEKB and had it repaired twice, It recently went out of warranty, just over two years old, and it has completely packed in. Maytag do not want to know about it and when the engineer came out he said it was unrepairable and that was it. At a cost of over £1500 for an item to have such a poor performance record and reliability issues is bad enough but it is backed with zero customer service and support. We have raised this… Read Full Review

“I think the Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge...”

Written on: 23/09/2008

I think the Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge Freezer is OK as long as you get a deal. We paid £1500. Remember this fridge sells for $1500 in the States, so I guess you should expect the same as an £800 fridge/freezer in UK (eg Samsung). Looks and feels a lot better, though… Read Full Review

“My Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge Freezer...”

Written on: 11/09/2008

My Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge Freezer sometimes decides to freeze everything in the fridge section. When it first did it, in warranty, the engineer came out and sealed the water filter access point inside the refrigerator with mastic. When I called them today - because it freezing again - they said it's out of warranty now.

This attitude defies belief for me - some operators I spoke to can be unpleasant and unhelpful and appear to be disinterested… Read Full Review

“Never had a problem with my Maytag GC2225PEKB American...”

Written on: 07/08/2008

Never had a problem with my Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge Freezer that i have had for two years. I call through to the customer service team to order filters and they get them straight out to me they have such a good team there all off them never give and hassle in ordering… Read Full Review

“Maytag have serious quality issues in respect of both...”

Written on: 29/07/2008 by rob2360 (1 review written)

Maytag have serious quality issues in respect of both the design and software in this american-style fridge. My fridge/freezer had been in-situ for 2 months before suddenly the fridge turned itself into a freezer and froze everything. There is a design fault and the damper control which regulates cold air from the freezer into the fridge gets iced up. Solution (1); turn it off for 24 hours or (2) install their damper modification (i.e. a small heater!). I've had this problem 6 times before I… Read Full Review

J58's Response to rob2360's Review

Written on: 04/09/2008

I've had the same problem with the fridge thinking it was a freezer. The engineer came in and did something with the damper and it's worked fine for two years, alas yesterday it turned itself into a freezer again-time to call the engineer again!!

Rob2360's Response to rob2360's Review

Written on: 24/02/2010

As a follow up; since fitting the damper heater kit it's worked properly.

J58's Response to rob2360's Review

Written on: 09/09/2008

Thanks for that......wouldn't it be nice if they just got things right in the first place!

Rob2360's Response to rob2360's Review

Written on: 08/09/2008

The damper gets covered in ice and sticks. You can remove it and defrost it or buy and fit the damper upgrade kit - it's not expensive and quite easy to fit (basically a heated element that fits round the damper).

Read 4 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“I bought a Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge...”

Written on: 29/03/2008

I bought a Maytag GC2225PEKB American Style Fridge Freezer just over a year ago. it stopped working on thursday night (good friday being the next day). it was great to see that the maytag office was closed and did not offer any operating hours, especially around easter trading. so i was stuck for 4 days over easter without a fridge. Then come the tuesday, i call them early to make sure i get onto someone without being put on hold. i then get told that i have to call another number for a local… Read Full Review