EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com Reviews

EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

“2 moths wait for an appointment”

Written on: 21/05/2019 by averyannoyedcustomer121212 (1 review written)

do not use this company, their customer service is terrible - so bad that their complaints team cant handle all the calls they are getting! Avoid at all costs… Read Full Review

“Switch from this company asap”

Written on: 08/05/2019 by Whitese22 (1 review written)

On top of very expensive rate the communication has been quite bad with the last bill leaving more than a bitter taste to me. Definitely would not recommend. Have been trying for 3 months now to sort out my final bill (which was too high to begin with) and only managed to get charged twice!!! Twisted detail money was paid on the 2nd of May (after an extensive live chat about why is it that a flat with a person requires £2000 of electirc and gas in 18 months - I swear I am not running a factory… Read Full Review

“CONSISTENTLY BAD”

Written on: 10/03/2019 by adrianlightfoot (7 reviews written)

For the money, they charge they are CONSISTENTLY BAD, and they are getting worse UNREGULATED or so it seems. YOU CAN CHANGE SUPPLIER!!! to who or what, all UNREGULATED or so it seems. PRICES THAT RISE ON THE SPIN OF A WHEEL[IT's LIKE GAMBLING ] REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH YOU EON WHAT PART, ALL… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to adrianlightfoot's Review

Written on: 13/03/2019

Hello adrianlightfoot and I'm sorry you're disappointed.

We're fully regulated by the Energy Ombudsman. Whilst we try to resolve complaints ourselves, customers who remain unhappy can contact the Ombudsman for an independent review. This is a free service and there's more about this on our website including details of how to contact the Ombudsman.

The overall energy industry is regulated by the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem). This is the Government Regulator responsible for protecting the interests of existing and future electricity and gas consumers. There's more information about what they do including how to contact them on their website.

You can see the tariffs and prices we've available on our website or the Price Comparison sites. I'd pop your annual usage in kWh on to these sites. This will give you a picture of what's available both with us and with the other suppliers. If you go for a Fixed Tariff, the unit prices per kWh and daily standing charges won't change for the duration of the agreement. The only changes will centre around increases/decreases to the amount of energy you're using. Gives you a bit more surety.

“Disapointed ”

Written on: 27/02/2019 by sarahsarah22 (1 review written)

I'm extremely disappointed in the service provided by Eon. I've waited for an engineer to attend the property for 3 months and the date the engineer is due he didn't turn up while I've waited from 7:45am to 12:45pm no phone call. Completely ignore and undervalue me. Very disappointing. Trying to switch pre pay meter to credit meter with eon is nightmare. Pain and sorrow. Leaving this review so others don't go through the same thing. Thanks… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to sarahsarah22's Review

Written on: 06/03/2019

Hello sarahsarah22 and sorry for the no show.

There are certain standards of service you can expect when dealing with us including doing what we say we will. If we don't, we'll make a payment of £30 to say sorry. For instance, where it's our fault a meter appointment fails, we'll pay £30 within 10 working days regardless of whether or not you complain. If we don't do this within the 10 working days, we'll make the original payment plus an additional payment of £30 because it's late. There's more information about this on our website under Guaranteed Standards of Service.

I'm not saying this applies to your situation sarahsarah22 as I don't know the full details of what happened and why we couldn't attend as planned. It's certainly worth asking the question though.

“Ridiculously overcharged”

Written on: 30/01/2019 by hollysan97 (1 review written)

I live in a small three bedroom student flat. This is our third year with Eon as our provider. We have a fixed payment contract and have continually been overcharged, usually only by a small amount of perhaps £20 between 3. However, following updating our plan in September and choosing supposedly the cheapest deal (£64 a month for gas and electricity for a flat of three beds, no sitting room, a small kitchen and one bathroom) we came up for review this January. We have now been told… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to hollysan97's Review

Written on: 05/03/2019

Hello hollysan97 and sorry for the late reply. Just noticed your post.

Totally understand the shock of seeing a large debit balance and we'll be happy to look at spreading this over a more manageable period.

I'd make sure the bill is based on actual and not estimated meter readings. If estimated, please let us have up to date readings. We'll rebill to these and review your monthly payments. This will make sure the charges are accurate.

I suspect you're on a Fixed Price deal where we guarantee not to change the unit rates or Daily Standing Charges for the duration of the agreement. Monthly Direct Debit payments will be affected, though, by changes in the amount of energy used. The aim is to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual review.

Payment arrangements are reviewed quarterly. We only make changes at the mid-point and annual reviews. At the other times, we'll let you know if we think a change is needed but leave it up to you to make any alterations. This and any credit/debit balance is advised on the front page of each bill.

If you've an online account, you can use the Direct Debit Manager on our website to change monthly payments both up and down. It's a good way to help keep on top of things and make sure payments are covering the amount of energy being used.

Sorry again for the late reply hollysan97 and hope this points you in the right direction.

Read 1 Comment

“Can't even get an account number!”

Written on: 23/11/2018 by VikingPaddler (1 review written)

After moving house we just need to get the current supplier eon to assign us an account number so we could work with them to get their old meters replaced. Well that was where the fun started ... We're now into the 4th week and each time they tell us essentially 'computer says no'. I raised a complaint with them fairly early on but their process is so slow - their standard seems to be to respond in 10 working days (not to fix the problem, just to tell us there's no progress). It seems… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to VikingPaddler's Review

Written on: 13/12/2018

Hello VikingPaddler and thank you for your review.

I'm sorry you're having difficulties setting up an account for your new home. This is a bit odd as closing/opening accounts following a home move is straightforward. They can be done online through our website or over the phone with our specialist Home Moves team. All that's needed is the date responsibility changes, meter readings for that day and, if possible, a forwarding address for the previous occupier.

Once we have these details, we'll close the old account and open a new one for you. At this point, we'll send a welcome pack with details of the new arrangement including the account number. Following this, we can talk about exchanging your meters.

Not sure what the difficulty is but you've done the right thing in raising a complaint. A dedicated Complaint Manager will investigate, let you know what's gone wrong and what they're doing to put it right.

Hope the move went well VikingPaddler and you've settled in to your new home.

“Dreadful in every way”

Written on: 03/11/2018 by DesireeRasmussen (1 review written)

I had the misfortune to deal with Eon recently following a house sale. Although they had all up to date information - sale completion, meter readings and payments, they continued to send bills to an empty property and finally via an estate agent I discovered they had given my details to a credit agency. I called them numerous times - well over a dozen, was kept waiting for a reply for 15 - 30 minutes at each attempt, and in addition to this no one appeared to be able to handle the problem… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/11/2018

Hello DesireeRasmussen and thank you for your review.

I'm sorry for the long waits on the phone. We're working to improve these as we know they're not good enough at present.

I agree, this should've been a straightforward task. We've specialist Home Moves teams dedicated to closing accounts down and opening new ones as customers let us know they're moving in or out. As you contacted us at the time with dates and meter readings, the old account should've been closed to these details and a final bill issued. If you gave us a forwarding address all correspondence regarding the old account will have gone there. If not, it would go to the old address.

As you say, something is still not right. As you've now received an estimated bill for the same property, it sounds as though the old account hasn't been closed as it should've been. This has been going on too long and I'd suggest taking this down the complaints route. A Complaint Manager will be appointed to look after the account. They'll see what's gone wrong and put it right. If you're not satisfied with what they do please follow the escalation process first to another area of the business for a second opinion and then, if necessary, to the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review.

I'm sorry such a straightforward task is taking so long to sort out and hope this points you in the right direction.

Read 1 Comment

“DO NOT TOUCH THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY EVER !!!”

Written on: 22/09/2018 by Virginiav406 (1 review written)

Worst customer service ever thats if they pick the phone up. Had a tree branch fall and damage the meter, they told us they would come and fit a new meter if we supplied a new meter box, when they turned up the guy had no intention of fitting a meter, he cut the wires and left us without power, we have been a customer of theirs for over 30 years but they didn't give a damn. Awful… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/10/2018

Hello Virginiav406 and sorry for the long wait times on the phone. We know this isn't good enough and are working to improve.

Sorry, too, we were unable to fix the damaged meter at the first attempt. It may be there was additional damage to other components or cables that required a return visit. Guessing here. No way should the technician have left you with no power without a full explanation of why the action was necessary and what was going to happen next to restore the power and fix or replace the meter.

I'd suggest taking this further by going down our complaints path. Details of how to do this are on our website. We'll investigate what happened and offer a resolution. If this isn't acceptable, we'll explain how to approach the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review.

Sorry again for the problems Virginiav406.

Read 1 Comment

“Do not touch this company with a barge pole”

Written on: 30/08/2018 by fedup12345 (2 reviews written)

They promise you a cheap tariff via uSwitch and then hit you with a massive bill and tell you you have to pay more. I was promised £60 a month then they raised it to £160 a few months later. I'm locked in for a year and I can't afford to pay. It's companies like these that are bringing this country to its knees, but they don't care about the misery they cause.   NEVER USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to fedup12345's Review

Written on: 20/09/2018

Hello fedup12345 and thank you for your review.

That's certainly a big jump and I'd check a couple of things. Are we billing to actual or estimated meter readings? If estimated, please let us have up to date readings. We'll be happy to rebill accurately and review the payments.

Have we under-estimated previous bills and now sent a catch-up after receiving accurate readings? This can come as a shock and leave a debit balance. Please talk to us. We can look to see if any balance can be spread over a longer period. Alternatively, are you able to make a one-off payment to clear or reduce any debit balance? Both will lower the monthly payments.

When you joined us through uSwitch, we'll have based the monthly payments on the information sent to us by the switching site. With Monthly Direct Debits we aim to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual review. We check accounts regularly to make sure they're on track for this and aren't building up too much credit/debit. We only want you to pay for the energy being used.

Monthly Direct Debits are based on current prices and past usage. A change to either will trigger a payment review. If you chose a Fixed Tariff on uSwitch, the unit prices and daily standing charges are guaranteed to stay the same for the duration of the agreement. Should this be the case, I suspect you're using more than originally thought on your switching application. This will have triggered the increase to stop the account building up too much debt.

Totally understand, circumstances change and what might've been right at the time of the switch might not apply later. We've an online tool to help here. The Direct Debit Manager on our website lets you adjust your payments to better suit different circumstances. Provided accounts are billed up to date, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down; by up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming, we'll let you know by how much the account will be in credit/debit if the payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

Talk to us if you think any of the above will help.

Read 1 Comment

“Disgusting customer service and threats”

Written on: 18/07/2018 by AbbieOgle191 (1 review written)

Been with Eon for 5 years, had no probe till a year ago, upped the prices and cancelled my contract and demanded £500 plus which I didn't have, they tried to up my direct debit by 56% which I cannot afford so I offered £120 instead of the £100 I was paying, they would not confirm this was acceptable and ignored my emails! Had a field agent visit today, charged me £55 for the privilege of leaving a threatening letter!! U faithfully pay £120 every month and still get threats, it has now shot… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/08/2018

Hello AbbieOgle191 and thank you for your review.

I'm sorry for the late reply. If this hasn't been resolved yet please contact us so a complaint can be raised and investigated. A Complaint Manager will be appointed to look after this and offer a resolution. If you're not happy with this, the complaint will be sent for review where another team will take a second look. They'll either uphold the original resolution or offer an alternative. If this is still unacceptable, they'll send a Final Resolution Offer letter you can use to go to the Energy Ombudsman. The letter will also explain how to approach the Ombudsman. There's more information about this on our website.

There's no way you should be receiving debt follow up whilst there's an active payment arrangement, like a Monthly Direct Debit, set up on your account. This happens where there's no formal arrangement and then after quite a long time.

Monthly Direct Debits are based on current prices and past usage. A change to either will trigger a request to amend the payments. The aim is for accounts to reach as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual payment review. It's best to let us have meter readings regularly. This will make sure we're only billing for the energy used and the monthly payments cover this. You can pop readings online through our website. There's also an online tool, the Direct Debit Manager, you can use to take more control including being able to change the monthly payments, up and down, to suit different circumstances.

Sorry again for the late reply.

“Constant harassment.”

Written on: 12/06/2018 by TrixyW (1 review written)

I am not registered to e-on but they think they're my supplier. They keep sending letters asking to be paid and I'm paying British Gas. I was on hold for EVER today then eventually reached a human voice instead of the female robot that wouldn't shut up the whole time I was trapped, waiting, watching my money trickle down the drain, on a call I shouldn't even be making. After more than half an hour the man who was dealing with my protestations that I'm not with e-on was just about to tell me the… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to TrixyW's Review

Written on: 20/06/2018

Hello TrixyW and thank you for your review.

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience when you phoned us particularly being cut-off. Not good at all.

This sounds like what's known as an Erroneous Transfer (ET). This is when a customer is transferred to or from a company without their knowledge or agreement. It sometimes happens when meter reference numbers and addresses are mixed up on the National Databases. These databases hold details of all the electricity and gas meters in the country. All suppliers use them when handling a change of supply and sometimes apply for the wrong account, particularly when two addresses are similar.

Not saying this happened to you, it's just something that can happen. Usually, the supplier taking over will contact the customer affected to introduce themselves and send a welcome pack. Did you receive anything like this?

We've a specialist ET team who deal with this type of thing and these are the best people at E.ON to talk to. Once it's been established that this is an ET, we have a duty to put it right as quickly as possible. We'll contact the other supplier and ask them to take back the account. It'll go back as though it had never left. The supply period and billing will be continuous and carry on as though it hadn't been away. This is usually done within 6-8 weeks of the ET being acknowledged. Where we've taken over by mistake, you won't have to pay us anything. We might send a couple of bills whilst this is sorted but, in the end, only the original supplier needs to be paid for energy used. We'll cancel all our bills and charges.

Totally understand your reluctance to phone again so I'd suggest having a look at another channel. We've an online Live Chat service; or there are our Social Media feeds (twitter and Facebook) with private messaging facilities to protect sensitive information. Advisors are available on all these channels from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays. If you prefer, you can email through our website too.

Sorry again for the poor experience over the phone.

“The worst company”

Written on: 28/05/2018 by Amirm186 (1 review written)

Had previous problems with them, I thought they would have changed by now, even worse, you must record there calls, but better don’t use E-on. to much to list for E-on complaints BEWARE !,!,!,!,!,!,! STAY AWAY… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/06/2018

Hello Amirm186 and thank you for your review.

What's happened to make you feel this way? Have you gone down our complaints path? If you have and remain unhappy, have you considered going to the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review? The Ombudsman's findings are binding on us but not on you. They don't charge customers to investigate complaints so might be worth your time to try this. There's more information about how to involve the Ombudsman on our website.

“Rip off”

Written on: 19/05/2018 by Subash8378 (1 review written)

I chose e.on cause it was a nice deal of £73 a month for dual fuel energy. I could understand if the bill had gone up by another £10-£20 even if i had used extra energy, but getting billed more than twice the amount i’m paying? (£162 per month to be exact) which they said it is an estimated. Gave them the readings and was on £135CR, 9 days later gave another reading and this time i owe them £2.62. I mean how??? I dont what kind of system they use to monitor but i think they treating… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to Subash8378's Review

Written on: 22/05/2018

Hello Subash8378 and thank you for your review.

It sounds like it was the estimated bills that caused the changes. It's always best to make sure bills are based on accurate readings and we provide various ways for customers to send them. This includes online through our website, phone app or Live Chat service; by phone or text, email or letter. The more readings we have, the more accurate accounts are.

Thank you for letting us have accurate readings. We'll have used these to rebill the account and this initially resulted in the credit balance of £135. The second set of readings will have covered the energy used from the time of the rebill up to the date these readings were given leaving a debit balance of £2.62. This has brought your account back up to date and shows you're on track for as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual payment review.

Don't know if you're aware but we're rolling out Smart Meters. These send us readings automatically via electronic messages. Saves you the hassle. They're not available everywhere yet but we're aiming to offer them to all our customers by 2020. There's no charge to fit one and they come with an energy display to help you keep track of how much you're using. If you think this might help, you can register for one online through our website. We'll be in touch to see when we're able to fit them.

Also, if you've registered with our website, there are a couple of useful tools to help you keep on top of your account and to prevent unwelcome shocks. By popping in readings, you can use Real Time Billing to check the balance that would come about or even create a bill there and then.

There's the Direct Debit Manager too. This gives you more control over the monthly payments including being able to change the amount to better suit different circumstances. Provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we expect the account to be in credit/debit if the payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected. There are more details on our website.

Read 1 Comment

“A POSITIVE REVIEW FOR A CHANGE”

Written on: 05/03/2018 by eddduck1948 (44 reviews written)

I have returned to Eon (was with them for 6 years) after a couple of years with a `Green Energy Supplier`. I left them as they stopped paper bills. My switch 4 months ago went with no hitches. The website is superb - allowing you to change DD amount - pay lump sums AND change to the latest cheapest deal that is available - without exit fees. I am paying about the same on a 1 year fix as most of the compare site prices (which are usually small suppliers who ask you to pay up front AND keep your… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to eddduck1948's Review

Written on: 23/03/2018

Hello eddduck1948 and thank you for your review.

Thank you also for your kind comments. They're really appreciated.

I'm glad we've been looking after you and you're using your online account so well. There's a new website format being released next week to give customers even more of a tailored service. Don't worry, all the features you're used to will still be available. The Direct Debit Manager, payment tool and tariff switching will stay the same.

Jut a quick heads up when changing tariff. You can switch to any of our tariffs at any time without picking up an exit fee. These only apply when changing supplier and then if outside the tariff renewal window (open 49 calendar days before the tariff ends until 20 working days after). You can also forward switch to a tariff through our website by up to 52 days in the future. No need to worry if the chosen tariff is removed from sale before this. Once a future date has been chosen, it'll be locked in and you'll still be able to go on to the tariff on the chosen date.

Thanks again for the kind words eddduck1948 and hope this is of interest.

Eddduck1948's Response to eddduck1948's Review

Written on: 30/08/2018

Eddduck has now moved to Bulb as i found their prices were lower than my fixed EON tariff. Also i felt i was going to be ` forced` to have a smart meter.

Eonhelp's reply to Eddduck1948's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2018

Sorry for the late reply eddduck1948. Only just spotted your follow up post. Sorry, too, to lose you.

Smart meters are optional and customers can refuse to have them fitted. This is an industry wide rule letting you continue with a conventional meter whoever the supplier. Can I ask why you don't like smart meters? Totally appreciate earlier versions had issues particularly losing smart capabilities when changing supplier. This has been sorted now and the latest types - SMETS2 - let customers change supplier and keep their smart features.

Next year we're also looking to remotely upgrade many of a previous version already out there - SMETS1 - so customers with these models can change supplier and stay smart.

I realise, as you've switched, this is largely irrelevant. Thought it might be of interest as all suppliers are involved with the smart roll-out.

Sorry again I missed your reply eddduck1948.

Read 3 Comments

“Took a day off for installation of the meter and no...”

Written on: 27/02/2018 by Chammi (1 review written)

I am working in a professional field and I had to take a day off for the appointment to install a meter , they had two weeks to let me know that appointment is cancelled , 2 minutes before the time slot that rang me and said it’s cancelled, I’m very disappointed now and I will go further as possible with this.. Lichfield customer… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to Chammi's Review

Written on: 23/03/2018

Hello Chammi and thank you for your review.

I'm sorry we weren't able to keep the appointment we had originally arranged. Depending on the circumstances, you might be due a payment under our Guaranteed Standards of Service.

I'm not saying this applies to your situation Chammi as I don't know the full details of what happened and why we couldn't attend as planned. It's certainly worth asking the question though.

“2yrs for a refund”

Written on: 19/01/2018 by fisel67 (1 review written)

I have been waiting almost 2yrs for a refund from this company their service is terrible, called again now told will have cheque in 10 days , just not good enough eon in fact it is very very bad. would never deal with them again and advise no one else to as well… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to fisel67's Review

Written on: 31/01/2018

Hello fisel67 and thank you for your review.

Two years for a refund is most unusual. Provided everything is right (usage billed to the latest meter readings, credit on the account etc), they're usually put through within a few days. A couple of weeks at the most. Why was your refund delayed for so long? What was it for?

Sorry for the questions fisel67 but without more information it's very difficult to explain further.

Read 1 Comment

“Switch to bulb and get £50 and they pay exit fees”

Written on: 11/12/2017 by matthewbest (1 review written)

‪Bulb.co.uk/refer/matthew9969‬ use my link and get £50 free when you sign up plus save lots compared to the big six They answer your calls straight away and they are 100% green energy and they come out as one of the cheapest. They pay any early exit fees aswell… Read Full Review

“Incompetent, dysfunctional, hopeless.”

Written on: 14/11/2017 by riggers386 (4 reviews written)

I've been with this shower of dysfunctional idiots for less than two weeks - but I've had enough. Paying the £60 penalty to say goodbye and good riddance is cheap enough - they are utterly, absolutely and completely incompetent. In the two weeks I've been with them, I've had to contact them numerous times to give meter readings. Yet every time I logon, I'm asked for meter readings. I even got a telephone call the other day from one of their advisors, assuring me that it had all been sorted… Read Full Review

“No consideration”

Written on: 01/11/2017 by 410Holt (1 review written)

We as a family were shocked to discover the ammount our late Mum was paying through Direct Debit to this company for electricity...the bill was settled after the probate...nine months later her house which had been empty throughout this time was sold...the final bill for electricity that had not been used came to £223.00...shocking....throughout this time they badgered the executor of the will each month pressing to carry on paying the Direct Debit which would have amounted to around £800… Read Full Review

“Opening meter reading issues etc..”

Written on: 26/09/2017 by pjon (1 review written)

I mistakenly decided to change gas and electricity supplier based on price alone. How daft I was! After receiving ther usual welcome e-mails they asked for my meter readings prior to the change. I submitted these. Sadly, it would seem these readings have not registered and are not available when I log into my account. All I get is a message asking for my meter readings which I have repeatedly tried to submit. The gas reading was o.k. but their system would not accept the elect. reading. Now… Read Full Review

Eonhelp's Response to pjon's Review

Written on: 29/09/2017

Hello pjon and I'm sorry you've been unhappy with the experience you've had with us so far.

You're right about the phone waits. These haven't been what we would've liked recently and we're working to put this right. This includes taking on more advisors to help plug the gaps. We've also opened another Call Centre in Glasgow. I also agree about the delays replying to emails. We're currently working through a large backlog and replies are currently going out after about 10 days. Again, this isn't good enough and I'm sorry you haven't received your reply yet.

I'm surprised, though, you haven't been able to use our online Live Chat service. This is usually available between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and from 8am to 6pm on Saturdays. Although we have had a few system issues in the last few days and, if you tried then, you wouldn't have been able to use this service. These issues are now fixed and I've just checked and advisors are available online.

On the same 'contact us' page where you go to use Live Chat is a link to our phone numbers. It's on the right near the top of the page.

During and immediately after a change of supplier, meter readings can't be entered online as this part of the system is locked down whilst the account comes over. At this point, readings need to be given over the phone or by email or Live Chat. Once the account has fully transferred, you'll be able to enter readings and, if you wish, issue your own bills through our website.

As part of a transfer, various pieces of information pass between the two suppliers and certain industry third parties like the energy distributors, meter readers/operators and the national databases. This can slow down the switch but, don't worry, it won't affect the date we start supplying. This will be as advised. It's just that it takes a bit longer before the account is fully up and running. Once all the information's through, everything will be backdated (billing/tariff) to the supply start date.

Sorry again for all the hassle you've had sorting this pjon.

Pjon's reply to Eonhelp's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2017

But I did submit initial gas and electricity meter readings, in response to an e-mail, on the 16th September. These received no acknowledgement, e.g. thanks for your readings, nor did they display in my account after the transfer of supply date. All that was there in my account log in was a request to submit my readings before the 29th September or I would receive estimated bills.

Eonhelp's reply to Pjon's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2017

Hello Pjon and thanks for coming back to me.

Meter readings go through one of the industry third parties I mentioned the other day. This happens with every switch regardless of the suppliers involved and can hold things up a little.

The third party is the Data Collector and they check the readings are in line with previous readings held for the property. Once they've confirmed the readings, they'll go to both suppliers to be used on their respective opening and closing bills. This makes sure the same energy is only charged once. Sometimes they make a change and both suppliers need to use these different readings. Again, this prevents a duplication of charges. Usually it goes through within 42 days of the switch. At this point, your online account will be updated too. As I said above, all will be backdated to the Supply Start Date.

Hope this explains the delay Pjon.

Riggers386's reply to Eonhelp's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2017

Online chat DOES NOT WORK - fill in the details - after being invited to chat online - anytime they're supposed to be available - and all you get is 'online service OFFLINE"

Riggers386's Response to pjon's Review

Written on: 14/11/2017

Have had exactly the same issue - I've just contacted them to inform them I'm changing supplier - £60 penalty accepted - it's worth it. German 'efficiency'??? What a joke.

Read 5 Comments