EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com Reviews

EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

“Terrible communication ”

Written on: 24/08/2022 by PeterCreber (1 review written)

Sent three emails asking questions about setting up a Smart Export Giarantee and whether Smart meter required. A month later I had received no reply. Decided to phone and after a very long wait I got through to a call operator who told me they were too busy to answer emails quickly. I suggested that at the very least they could have an automated reply informing that it was received and they would be in touch. Was simply told that they don’t do it that way. Looked on Octopus’ website and they stated that their average reply time was 36 hours so I sent the same email. Received a very long reply to my questions after 2 working days. I’m moving from eon to Octopus.

“Terrible company with inefficient customer service”

Written on: 07/07/2022 by 278Prater (1 review written)

Dealing with E.ON is incredibly difficult. I have moved house twice in the past five years and E.ON (or E.ON Next) was the supplier at each property. These were local moves within the same village, in one case within the same block of flats. E.ON (or E.ON Next) was told both the old and new address every time as well as the appropriate account number. They were also given the closing meter readings at the vacated property. On both occasions, E.ON managed to make a complete hash of a simple house move. They carried on sending estimated bills and demands to the old address (which were redirected by Royal Mail) for periods after the move. In one case, a statement was sent to an address which was not even my address but the address of the agent employed by the owner of the vacated flat. E.ON’s so-called Easymove team actually complicated the matter unnecessarily by their apparent inability to understand that someone might move only a relatively short distance. E.ON continued to send estimated bills for the vacated property up to two months after the move despite having received meter readings. They failed to set up a new account for the occupied property during this time. Their staff give the impression in both telephone calls and written messages that they do not properly read letters/e-mails or listen to phone calls. You have to drill your way slowly and painfully through at least four people before you get to someone who will actually do something, usually at the first stage of their complaints process. Even then, they claim not to have received certain information but contradict themselves by referring to e-mails in which that information was contained. Despite this, they seem not to fully grasp the issue, even when it is relatively straightforward such as a move from Address A to Address B. The impression given by many of E.ON’s staff is of complete contempt for their customers and of poorly-trained staff who may be producing statistics which suggest they are dealing with customers’ concerns when they are doing nothing of the kind. E.ON will persist in phoning even after supposedly understanding that you have a disability which limits your use of a telephone and that you have asked for written communications only as a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act. In fact, some members of staff will claim that they are unable to write and can only deal with customers by telephone. This is plainly untrue.

“Can’t tell the truth”

Written on: 20/05/2022 by RossiItalianui51 (1 review written)

Keep telling me to fit smart meter but won’t give me proof in writing that it’s safe!?!? Alarm bells!!!!

“Terrible company ”

Written on: 02/05/2022 by Natnael6tt (1 review written)

Terrible company. I raised dispute and complaint regarding final bill which was paid 14 days late back in 2019 following valid reason, and with discussion of their colleague at the time. To my surprise they have shared the late payment to credit reference and is now showing on my credentials file as adverse effect. Never in my life have I missed or delayed payment for bills. I raised complaint and no one has taken the time to investigate but instead they responded after 4 weeks says it's correct as paid late. This is despite giving them reason following discussion with their own colleagues at the time. I asked to dispute the complaint and evetytime they respond saying 'it's closed as dissatisfaction business ' I am not seeking advice to Ombudsman to challenge them so it can be investigated appropriately and I am heard better. Please do take care and check your credit report

“Is having electricity actually worth this much hassle? ”

Written on: 23/04/2022 by DanbyRonalds (1 review written)

I regret having to give this half-arsed pantomime any stars at all, to be honest. A star rating into minus figures would be truer and fairer. Writing to them is a waste of time. Ringing them is a waste of time. Sending in meter readings is a waste of time. Attempting to reason with them? Forget it! Banging your head against a brick wall for 90 minutes will be more rewarding by far, and quicker too. It seems the staff recruitment policy is to go round the Job Centres and/or rehab units, and snap up all the people who have been deemed totally incapable and unreliable in any form of employment whatever, even rounding up trolleys from the supermarket car park or wiping tables in McDonald's or standing in the street holding up an advertising placard. No way could any EON employee be entrusted with such responsibilities! Beyond their skillset by a million miles. I wasn't 100% sure about privatizing the utility companies to begin with, but if a private company this bad is allowed to continue trading then it's the best argument for Nationalization I've ever heard!

“Terrible costumer service”

Written on: 22/04/2022 by bongret (1 review written)

So EON have been charging my account for energy that has not been used by me. I've suspected this for a while but with the energy price increase, I decieded to investigate this further as I was being charged for way more gas than I know I was using. I live on the top floor of my apartment building and have only used my central heating like 4 times this winter. When I called, it seemed the meter reading on my meter and the ones their engineers have been measuring did not match. According to their engineers I was using more engery than my meter was showing. I even sent a picture of my meter reading as prove. They apologised and informed me that an engineer would be coming to check my meter. The appointment day came and went, no one turned up. When I called the next day, I was told the person dealing with the issue would call me back. An hour later, I was sent an email stating that said person was on leave until Tuesday the following week and would call then instead. How is it possible that in such a large company, who so far has been awful, is the only person that can deal with this issue? It's a clear case of EON avoiding the fact that they have been overcharging me for gas for years! Just 6.5 more weeks before I can report this issue to Ofcom. This issue is getting sorted one way or another.

“Worst energy supplier Ever”

Written on: 21/04/2022 by Nathanial382 (1 review written)

Worst energy supplier Ever! Our previous supplier went into administration (igloo energy) was very happy with them. Eon Next took over for 2 months we was asking for them to send us a bill. 3 Months later received a bill for £1400. given us 7 days to pay. They advised us to install a smart meter to keep track. Smart meter installed 3 months ago still it does not work customer service is as much use as a chocolate teapot! All i want is the smart meter to work and get accurate bills

“Can't add meter reading and they have locked me out of...”

Written on: 14/04/2022 by Sharpe386 (1 review written)

These energy companies are disgraceful, but we are forced to go with the top 3 ones because the Government have closed down all the smaller ones and allowed Eon to take over all of them. Eon are a joke and have decided to ban me from looking at my own account? Their reason is that they are working on bring me over? So I could be 2-3 months before I can access my own detail on their site? All these companies can do whatever they like no one cares.

“Awful Clueless Customer Service ”

Written on: 12/03/2022 by 213Hampton (1 review written)

Rang up to close my mother's account, told them she had passed away. Was told as I'm the next of kin would need permission to close account off my mother. So explained once again that she passed away. Customer service did not understand passed away. Explained that she died. Customer service agent than said he would have to find his manager put me on hold. Half an hour later came back on said he couldn't find his manager but would send an email saying the account would be closed and credit over £500 would be refunded. Still waiting for email. Rang up again explained the situation again told they would close account refund credit. Two weeks later still no refund. Emailed E.ON explaining again the situation want credit refunded said get reply in 2 hours still waiting week later. How can a company operate while emoying people customer service who clearly have not been trained and lack basic customer service skills and common sense.

“Appalling ”

Written on: 11/03/2022 by YeseniaCormier478 (1 review written)

Terrible company they never answer phone.bill you large bills .when you know you've not been in the house for a month due to being in hospital so obviously only the fridge left on .not even the heating in yet can bill you 269 pound for the month??? I'm still waiting for a email reply or a phone call .give this company a wide birth .

“The worst ever ”

Written on: 18/02/2022 by McCormack372 (1 review written)

Customer service is really poor, I could cook a meal for four people and still they haven't answered the phone! Why should I go on line that doesnt solve the problem. As a company they're the worst and the greediest. The sooner I'm rid of them the better. Huge mistake to join.

“Stay Well away”

Written on: 25/01/2022 by JPatton (1 review written)

Eon is the worst electric company to have a licence to operate in this country and should be taken off them. I have a on going complaint from when Npower was in existence. I have put in so many complaints with Npower at the time and now with Eon from when they took over from Npower with a disputed bill and also from my account being opened before I moved in to my premises and billed for electricity that I have not used. Eon kept shouting my complaint without notification and any letter of reconciliation. Then came the debt collection agencies who quickly ran off when told what was going on as Eon never told them. I even had Eon's solicitor contact me when I told her what was going on they ran off. With being billed for electricity that I have not used and Eon sending debt collection agency to get money off me. Since I have legally with held payments which in law you can do the bill is over 2000 pounds ( not my fault). Last week they broke the law by sending out a team to replace my meter to a payment meter forcing me to pay a disputed bill. The government legislation stayed if a bill is in dispute ( like mine) they can not disconnect battery power , which they did. They did not even come to the house door not even show my partner who after a call to see and ask what they were doing. No warrant shown no ID shown they just came turned power off disconnected meter - totally outside government legislation other words broke the law. This company and THE way they work needs to be investigated. The CEO office is now supposed to be looking in to the disputed bill and complaints but they never notified me to this but a member of staff who responded back to another trust pilot remark. No one from Eon is now responding to any emails sent to them regarding my complaints or getting this disputed bill resolved. If any shareholders read this you need to looking in to replacing the top management as they do not correspond to customers. Anyone looking at using it changing their supply to Eon stay well clear of them.

“Worst utility company out there”

Written on: 17/01/2022 by JayceSteele (1 review written)

Moved to eon with the promise of a smart meter. A year later turns out the smart meter wasn’t working or transmitting any data. Eon knew this and did nothing and then at the end of the year we were hit with a massive bill when the monthly dd should have been for what we had used. Eon refused to do anything and said had to pay or they would refer it to a debt collection agency affecting our credit score effectively forcing us to pay. Could of got a cheaper rate without a smart meter from another supplier, would have adjusted usage if we knew we were over our monthly budget but as as the info on the smart meter was wrong we were believed it was affordable. Awful complaints procedure and totally useless staff. The company is rotten front top to bottom and wouldn’t use them again if it was free.

Mi6Executive's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2022

I have just been transferred to Eon Next without being told. The app. Was hopeless and the meter readings took 7 times to input, come to find out the Google online version has 7 different readings not inputted by myself and now I have a massive £1783 they say has to be paid just like that. I have never owed that much in my life on gas and Electric for 1 month, I am disputing it, can't trust the system on line as it is calculating wrong and customer service, once you have waited a whole hour to speak with somebody who has no compassion or wanting to sort for me. They were saying that I had never given them a meter reading for 6 months, rediculous. Very bad money gauging company. Should be ashamed of yourselves and closed down. No value for money.

Read 1 Comment

“Stay clear of EON”

Written on: 16/01/2022 by Esmeralda126 (1 review written)

Eon put me on a debt plan, saying I owed them money. Raised my direct debit to £665 per month,. After many long calls (spending hours waiting), emails,chat lines(what a waste of time. For EON to finally omit that they had made a mistake and owed me over £2000. Getting this back as been a nightmare.again call after call, email after email, promise after promise. STAY CLEAR

“Absolute Joke”

Written on: 06/01/2022 by 491Emery (1 review written)

Ridiculous service. I have a bill to pay. Have tried to get through 3 times and gave up after listening to music each time FOR 30 MINUTES. I do not wish to create an account to pay online as it is a one time payment. Also, having read the other reviews you go round in circles trying to do that anyway. I also have another query for another account which I wish to pay, but again, CANNOT GET THROUGH. What happened to the old EON automated payment line? Seems like I won’t be paying then.

“They assign debts from others to get paid from someone”

Written on: 01/01/2022 by gerardpb89 (1 review written)

After the end of my tenancy and having paid in full and closed my Eon account, Eon assigned the debt of the next tenants to me again for a period I wasn’t in the flat. The bank just denied me a loan because it shows I have a debt I wasn’t aware of with Eon for a period I wasn’t living in that flat and I was paying them bills from another flat! I contacted Eon to fix this and to remove me as a debtor but either they ignored me first for some days or they then asked me to liaise with a third firm (PRAC, who they had sold the other tenant’s debt) to resolve the issue even though it was their mistake. After 1 month trying to solve the issue, I still appear as a debtor in my credit score report. This is the type of company you will be liaising with if you decide to have Eon supplying at your property.

“This how you deal with E-ON(Next)”

Written on: 04/12/2021 by winning2021 (1 review written)

If you have a issue write a complaint letter and send it 1st class Royal Mail recorded delivery to the complaints department. They aim to resolve your complaint in 3 weeks. (They wont) After 4 weeks send another complaint letter saying why have you not dealt with my complaint. After 8 weeks get in touch with the Ombudsman and show them the recorded letters and reciepts. They will find in your favour. They will tell E-on to make a £100 gesture of goodwill. I am doing this for the second time now and feel confident they will find in my favour. Do not waste your time calling them, emailing them or live help chat. Do the letter forget about it and enjoy your life.

“Disgusting and shameful ”

Written on: 29/11/2021 by JamirKirby479 (1 review written)

A disgrace. They are rude, aggressive, accusatory, ignorant, unhelpful and don't do they're job. I ring up every single month to complain because every single month they get something wrong. When they can't answer your questions they simply hang up on you. After almost an hour every single time on hold listening to the same distorted song over and over, when they hang up on you it's enough to drive you mad. I get the wrong bills, wrong name, wrong address, they don't take down or update meter readings despite me giving it to them EVERY SINGLE MONTH. Then they blame ME for not doing things. Even when I was on holiday for weeks they still were charging me for electricity that hadn't been used then wanted to charge ME over £100 to fix THEIR fault meter. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. The departments do not talk to each other. The complaints process is useless as nothing gets done. Simply the worst company bar NONE that I have ever dealt with. I emailed over 500 times to get my name and address correct. I still, apparently, have other accounts with them for addresses I do not live at. Every time I ask time to close them down they say they will, then the next month when I ring up they haven't done. EVERY SINGLE MONTH. In summary, they charge the wrong amount, they don't update, they don't listen, they don't have the ability to correct my name, my address, my usage or my meter readings. They are constantly rude and EVERYTHING is my fault and they WILL hang up on you if it turns out you're right all along.

“Eon are incompetent with shocking customer services ”

Written on: 23/11/2021 by TanyaReid (1 review written)

I am absolutely shocked and disgusted at how EON can leave vulnerable customers with serious health conditions with out any electricity over night. They were extremely rude and un helpful and was quite happy to put there customers health at risk. A complaint will be logged and legal action will be taken as well as the local press being informed. I strongly advise any to never join them or if you are a customer to join a different company. One that will actually care about there customers well being.

“Incompetent ”

Written on: 19/11/2021 by Barry431 (1 review written)

We moved house and Eon were providing the gas and electricity. They would not have been my choice. The first interaction with customer services (when I finally got to chat with someone) the woman couldn't write English well, even to the point of saying something as a negative when it should have been a positive. I explained the situation and she just didn't understand. She then explained she had issues and couldn't help it. Bizarre. Another person took over. Then after eventually moving to a new supplier I get a final bill that is estimated. How can that be possible? I contact customer services on live chat and eventually get the bit to put me through to a human. I wait for 45 minutes. The operator then says "Hello, I am reading your comments so far." 2 minutes later they put a message saying that as I hadn't responded they were ending the chat and cut it off. Later I get a text message asking how the service was giving a 0 to 10 rating. I give 0 and it replies saying that I am not in a survey.