David Wilson Homes Reviews - www.dwh.co.uk

Media Gallery for David Wilson Homes www.dwh.co.uk

David Wilson Homes www.dwh.co.uk

“no afterservice”

written by tomslattery on 20/01/2023

Bought a beautiful apartment at Newbury racecourse, within 5 years of it being built the tiles have all fell off the wall in the bathroom as the grout has been blobbed on rather than combed. DW refused to help despite admitting its down to bad workmanship and NHBC refused to help as they deemed it to be worth less than £1800. our buildings insurance provided by sovereign won't cover it as it won't cover bad workmanship - ie. not worth the paper its written on. The parking company that patrol will fine you for parking in your own spot if your permit isn't 100% visible and the appeal process is atrocious. you will get a better/longer guarantee with a portacabin. gave 1 star for value for money as its costing me a fortune with these two problems and service charge which went up £650 this year

“Experience with David Wilson HOMES PLEASE READ”

written by CharlesNewson on 29/06/2022

WARNING ALERT !! Experience with David Wilson HOMES PLEASE READ David Wilson Homes has been BEYOND terrible and rude to us and now we find ourselves HOMELESS, seeking compensation and legal action on them. PLEASE do not buy a house from them! Where do we start with this? We, like you, we're looking for a nice new build, to move into. Being a young family of 2 soon to be 3 as my girlfriend is pregnant. We went to view a Showroom place in the Overstone Development in Northampton. They had made it look really nice so of course we were coerced into liking it and then asked them about the next steps on how to reserve the property. **First WARNING sign**. They immediately told us to go with their recommended Mortgage Broker “Grange Mortgages” (most likely so they can make money commissions) as they said as they’re on their Panel, they will get the whole Mortgage Application done in 30 days and they said it’s much better doing with them as they can speak to them one on one as they’re close partners. So we did, whilst in the showroom, with the fake smiling and fake happy staff, they told us to call them to do an “Affordability Check”. I called up, completed their questionnaire form and sent it off. Within 24 hours they called back and said “Great news! You have been accepted!”. **Second WARNING sign**. As an excited family, we rushed back in and signed the papers and put our reservation fee down. After doing this, we went back through the papers with our family and noticed that there were multiple parts missing. Such as inclusions of Flooring and Wardrobes etc. We then called up the Lady, to enquire about this who showed us the showroom property and she said she had mentioned this during the viewing but she definitely hadn’t. So after working out the 10% deposit amount that we could afford to get initially accepted, we then had to find another £20,000 on top, pretty much the next day to continue the purchase process. This was an extra £8000-£10,000 on the carpets, £4000 on the kitchen and the wardrobes (add-ons) was another £6000. As a first time buyer, we were not aware about most of these costs that they did not make clear to us before putting down our deposit, luckily I have a well paid job, but regardless this was again hugely inconvenient and unappreciated, and put a negative taste in our mouths that they expected us to just pay this and expect to pay this. So really their deposit amount includes the basics and expect to pay an extra £20,000 on top of the initial deposit. Not ideal for most first time buyers who have limited savings and income, this building development really wants to extort as much money from you as possible. **Third WARNING sign**. When we came to choose our Kitchen Selection after paying the deposit, we found out at this point that they only had a limited selection of Kitchens to choose from, even when paying £4000 pounds for their premium Range. More annoyingly, the kitchen they advertise in the showroom to reel you in, Isn’t even available! And they only give you basic options that don’t look like the same quality. Again, very suspect. And they don’t allow you to fit your own kitchen as they say it’s against the law apparently. So you’re forced to get in one of their basic kitchens if you want it to look half decent after spending £55,000 plus on the house just to move in (which you most probably do want it to look nice). **Fourth WARNING sign** Then we were invited to the Pre-Plaster Visit as they call it a “Key Stage of the Development”. As we live 2+ hours away and my girlfriend is pregnant, with our own work commitments, we were only able to do certain days, and long drives is not good for us but they were not understanding at all and would only allow certain days to be done or none at all. And so we had no choice but to get our parents to go to view it, which they had to take time off work to meet the strict times they set. Whilst calling up David Wilson Homes, to ask for flexibility on the date to view, A Lady at David Wilson, Was so Rude to my Partner on the Phone, and it was on Loud Speaker, I had to jump in and say How dare you speak to my Partner like that! She was shouting at my partner and speaking to her with no respect. We then Sent in a Complaint via email (see attached) and she apologised. **Fifth WARNING sign AND THE BIGGEST ONE OF ALL! ** After 3+ Months of Waiting around since March and it’s now June, Having had no real updates from Grange Mortgages, or David Wilson, whilst on Holiday for our BabyMoon. We received the following email. Saying that they had “tried” to call and the Reservation has been cancelled and put back on the market. And the sarcastic remark at the end to top it off “Good luck with the Baby!”. Our mouths dropped, We were speechless. The amount of rage that turned to sadness, struck us like nothing you can imagine. Whilst we were meant to be enjoying our holiday. A house that we had signed reservation contracts, made over 3 deposits for: To secure the house, to pay for the kitchen, and to pay for the add-ons (wardrobes) was taken from under our feet, like that, with no warning, no discussion, or anything. We couldn’t believe it. Grange Mortgages, had made us go through two rounds of a Mortgage Application Process BEFORE conducting the 3+ month waiting period and we were 100% sure the house was going through as David Wilson Homes and Grange Mortgages had said “It’s definitely going through” and “Congratulated me and Approved me for the Lending” multiple times. My girlfriend who is heavily pregnant, may I add, and I, had taken their word and reassurance for it and put our own place on the market and now made us “Homeless” based on the promises from them. We had spent thousands on furniture for the house, we had visited the property which takes over 2+ hours over 15 times, we gave up hours of time from work and loss of earnings, did measurements for furniture,chose our kitchen, add-ons, and more than anything looked forward to moving in, just to be treated in this way. Grange Mortgages had never warned us of any contract deadline and we were the ones having to continuously chase them for any updates, which they never really had any urgency or anything important to tell us. No contract deadline of any sort was ever told to us, we assumed that as the move in was the end of october, they would just ensure it was all done and dusted by then. How wrong we were. And the worst thing was, David Wilson Homes, said they had been “Fair and Reasonable” in the way they had treated us. What we found most Suspect is that they were relentless in calling us up to get the reservation fee, and to pay the deposits for all the different parts on time, but they didn’t once call us or contact us for updates on the Mortgage Application or notify us about the contract deadline. Please read this and take this into consideration. They DO NOT care about you. At all. Their Sales Department is only interested in one thing. MONEY and COMMISSION. We think they did this as we decided against going with them for the carpets and most of the add-ons so we think they decided they can get another £10,000-£15000 pounds extra from someone else. So they did the dirty on us and pulled the plug last minute. HOWEVER We think we’ve dodged a bullet. As if they can be like this now, imagine what they’re like when you’re living there and have problems with your property?! My step dad noticed that there were many building errors, such as door handles not on the right way, things placed in the wrong places. The building development they represent is inconsiderate, money hungry and David Wilson has no customer care or consideration for their “Clients”. We went through all of that, for them to just pull the plug like that on us, when they knew how far into the process we had gone and all the commitments we had made to move in there, it’s utterly unforgivable and beyond disgusting. When I've been recently speaking to them about this, they’ve put me through to their “Sales Manager”! That’s how much they care, putting you through to someone who’s not even a senior member of the company or the right person to handle your issue or complaint properly. I hope you think twice before going with them, and we will be continuing to share our Story on all Social Media and publicly on News Channels as they have really caused us so much Problems and Stress to myself and my pregnant partner. £Thousands wasted on Furniture for the Property. Plus Other Outgoings for Nothing. 3+ Months wasted. Now HOMELESS because of them with my girlfriend soon to give birth to our son.

“DON'T DO IT”

written by Linda2304 on 02/11/2021

Run a mile as fast as you can. Once you've completed, and submitted a good NHBC survey response, you're no longer of interest. They will tell you literally anything to get you to buy. Houses cheaply built and thrown together as quickly as possible to achieve maximum profit. Although they have a legal obligation to fix all problems reported within the 2yr warranty period, it will either be done cheaply and shoddily or, if it infringes on the profit for your plot, they will just ignore you in the hope you will go away. 14 months living in our house and we've had wonky window frames, door frames needing to be reset, poor quality brickwork corrections, sagging ceilings not fixed properly, unconnected pipes causing leaks, staircase moving, walls moving, floors moving, loose floorboards, joists bulging through ceilings, flooring replacements... The positive reviews on here are those invited straight after the initial sales contact and/or just after completion. I was one of those who initially posted a 5 star review. The emotional and mental torture of the last year has been immense. The horror stories you hear are true. You've been warned.

Dav1983's Response to Linda2304's Review

Written on: 07/11/2021

Hi,

Have you had any interaction with their so called customer services? They claim to have just been awarded 5 stars by some building federation. I would be interested to hear how others have been treated, the response I received was nothing short of an insult.

I hope you are some way to getting your home in order. These people should be in a court of law for producing unsafe structures, unsafe pipe work, unsafe electrics and treating people that bring problems to their attention as if they have just made it up.

Best wishes

Read 1 Comment

“They have no customer service bones in their bodies....”

written by Mcdaido on 30/07/2021

They have no customer service bones in their bodies. Shop around and purchase with another company. Make sure you check the small print and the plans and get anything they say to you backed up in writing as you will have to fight with them before they will honour it.

“Don’t do it ”

written by 306Buckley on 16/07/2021

Please, please please don’t buy a DW home. You have been warned. Terrible workmanship. Terrible communication. Once they move off site you are alone. They don’t care. As soon as all the houses are sold the amount of scaffold you see going up is ridiculous. 2 years now of stress, repairs being re done over and over. Contractors causing more damage and not telling you. Please take my advice.

“1* is too much for this morally corrupt company”

written by Pablok142 on 11/02/2021

Absolutely disgusting company with NO morals. Strongly recommend to use your own solicitors as we believe the ones they encourage you to use are in cahoots with the company and do not work to your advantage but to DWH. I also recommend that you do NOT use part exchange. We had an offer with on our house and we were not notified. On the same day but later in the evening we were notified that we could no longer accept offers on the house as its too late dates wise (baring in mind during the whole process we have not had any communication regarding dates and still have no completion date). Yet the next day DWH accepted the offer on the house so we have now been left -£25,000 out of pocket (thanks to part exchange) and DWH very convenient timings and underhanded playing. We will be taking it further but I would not recommend buying from DWH and I would most definitely not recommend part exchange or use of their 'recommended solicitors'. Disgusting company who don't keep you updated with any key dates or vital information. I am sure persimmon would have better customer service that we have received from this '5* builder'.

“Walk away from any DWH properties”

written by MKhursheed on 19/01/2021

I bought the 4 bedroom house in 2020 and moved in March 2020. I am still waiting on the work to be done on the snags I reported upon first week of my arrival in the property. So many pictures and complaints through emails I have sent , it appears they do not even log your complains properly. A lot of people come to inspect and confirm the poor work but nobody take action and properly do the job. Within 11 month , floors are cracking , tiles coming off from the bathroom, doors and windows do not lock properly , cracks are appearing every where, stains on the cabinets , grout dirty and fractured throughout the floor , wrongly installed shower trays. I have 3 bathrooms and there is none in a shape that I could use because of the damage to floors, shower tiles and shower trays etc. What I get from DWH , every time a new gentleman with new list of promises and his priorities set to refute my complaints and then he goes away and there is a new one and it goes on and on I had my last house as a new built , I did not see a single crack in 10 years neither any other issue. Strongly recommend, walk away as far as you can. Do your search as you will see everything is so overpriced but they are hiring only incompetent to stand the houses quickly and sell it, their job is done. I have not had a single peaceful day since I moved in and my worst regret of year 2019-2020, worst purchase I have made. Walk away , this will be best favor you can do for yourself.

“‘’Peace of mind when you buy a new home’’...”

written by Allysonj1977 on 11/12/2020

DWH make a big deal of their ‘’NHBC 10 year Buildmark Warranty.’’ After two years if there is a serious problem with your house you need to check your insurance. Between years 2 and 5 if you have a problem it needs to be more than £1800 to fix or they won't touch it and simply state you have to sort it yourself. Really poor especially in my situation where it is a serious safety hazard. I was told as it is ‘’only’’ £1200 they refuse to repair it so now I have to hope none of us have a serious injury till the point it gets to the threshold. Seems crazy to say this when buying a "new house" but make sure you check thoroughly throughout those two years and save yourself the hassle to get it sorted.

“Disgraceful company ”

written by Robinson1979 on 13/10/2020

We bought a new build close to half a million pounds from this company.The lawn looks like a mountain range,I have continuously been pulling bricks,stones and pieces of concrete from the "lawn".There is virtually no grass to the "lawn" and David Wilson have refused to returf.Please avoid this company! **UPDATE** David Wilson have refused to returf the garden even though the gardener they sent stated they returfed another David Wilson lawn a few streets away and it was nowhere near as uneven as ours!We had our patio extended and when the workman lifted the turf up they found the ground covered in cement(we have photograph evidence).How is turf supposed to grow with concrete underneath??We will now seek legal advice and will be taking David Wilson to court.....Disgraceful company.

“Shocking treatment in an emergency.”

written by AdrienneThompson on 05/10/2020

Well I said I would do this so here goes. Two years ago I bought a house built by this company. Last year and this year I had been flooded out but sewage and it can in out of my toilet and in through my front door after a heavy downpour of rain. The man hole covers blew off due to the water pressure and flooded and contaminated the whole of mine and my neighbours properties. The damage has been unbelievable as my carpets and some furniture has been ruined. I and two of my neighbours had raised and emergency by email on the 1st July 2020 and to this date 5th October 2020 we still have no clarity as to when this will be rectified or when the works are to be completed. I have been passed from pillar to post with no definitive answer. The drainage company came out to inspect the properties and after a conversation with the gentleman from the drainage company he said that the problem lyes where the surface water and sewage water is mixing together and it shouldn’t resultIng in the sewage lines being overpowered by the shear volume of water. A month later I was told by DWH that they admit their is a problem and they are looking to widen the pipes. Now I’m not being funny but why would the drainage guy say one thing knowing he is to do a report later that day to then receive an email completely contradicting themselves. So I asked for a copy of the report and have kept on asking over 10 times for a copy that report over 4 a week period and still nothing. I have also asked them for a contact number so to speak to them but still no number given. All correspondence is to be done by email (because of CoVid) and on occasions I’ve had to wait 10 days for a response, seeing that this is an emergency I think it’s totally unacceptable especially as it involves raw sewage. I would recommend that anyone buying one of their properties even a Barrett House for that instance as they are a subsidiary company to DWH then please let them know of an emergency a year in advance. The treatment we are receiving is shocking and you should be ashamed of yourselves. I have since emailed my MP and the Housing Minister and still waiting on a reply from them tut. So the only other option is to review on here and look at taking legal action. My health has worsened because of this as I can’t sleep or go out when it rains as the fear of my pets being harmed and damage to the property and it’s contents due to the flooding issue. I also have a low immune system due to Chemotherapy and other problems and have to face dealing with raw sewage and especially since Covid I fear that I will die if I catch anything from the sewage. I will never buy a DWH or contemplate a Barrett home ever again and I urge you to think twice before paying thousands for the shoddy customer service that you would normally expect from a reputable company. I hope this helps people when buying one if there homes.

“A brick missing, what next? ”

written by ggFanning67 on 01/09/2020

I have bought a brand new house from them at a cost that really isn't worth it. I am confident in doing DIY, but basically, I had to redo the entire house. The house wasn't complete at all. I will try to break this down from room to room. Front of the house The garden isn't flat at all, it looked like they had just thrown fresh grass down and then just left it. The path to the house wasn't straight and the door surrounding cheap plastic had cracked on install and looks horrid. Still chasing 6 months later to get it fixed. When they were building the road they put sand all in our plant bed which we had just put fresh flowers in. The response I got from the site manager "sand is good for plants you know" didn't bother to tidy up after themselves. Which just annoyed us, the lack of care just amazes me Back garden Yet again not flat, just rolled the magic grass out and left it. They missed out a pathing stone which took months to get from them. There was a full brick yes this isn't a typo, a full brick MISSING out the back of the house. I chased them for months about this, it was finally fixed. This really sends red flags when there is a brick missing. The fence is not straight and the garden gate doesn't shut correctly. Garage The garage door is dinted on install, still chasing them to fix it. The garage door handle is so stiff as the locking bars don't line up. Kitchen All the kitchen cupboards and draws need re-aligning. The kickboard was broken, under the sink in the cupboard they drill a hole for the pipes but it's the messiest job. The 60CM X 60CM spot for the fridge wasn't wide enough. It was 60 at the front and 59 at the back which means the wall isn't straight. I had to take the skirting board off and the door frame to get it in. Why would you build a door so close the fridge space? The flooring ripped straight away (cheap) Bathrooms All the flooring doesn't meet up to the skirting boards so you are left with floorboards in plain view. This is all the same in the bathrooms. Living room Double glazing back door glass had blown the plastic frame had cracked. Waiting on that to get fixed... Bedrooms All the ceiling needed sanding down as whoever flattened them off must have been drunk. Roof windows the surrounding all cracked and the finish is so poor on install. I have had to repaint all the woodwork in the house. I told them it needed doing, they said fine. Came round spent the whole day touching something up? Couldn't see what they did. The marks from the people who install the carpet was still there Rubbish job, goodness knows what he did? So I had to one weekend paint the whole woodwork myself properly. (One of the moments, if you want it done right, do it yourself) Front door Didn't lock at one point, didn't shut properly. Had to chase and chase to get them to fix it. Went into the attic to board it out for storage, found a scaffolding plank? Waiting on them to take it away? How you can just leave it there. I do not know Whenever I have asked them to do something, it's been a negative like I am asking too much. But you pay good money for these houses. Yet they cant even be bothered to build your house correctly or reply to your emails.... Stay well away! It's for your own good

“Still banging my head against a poorly built wall”

written by wkCrawford70 on 29/07/2020

3 years after buying my 'quality' home I still have a huge snag list and a cold house. The house didn't even have insulation properly fitted (or fitted at all) when we first moved in and DWH have bungled the retro fit but will now do nothing about it despite countless thermal surveys. We are not alone. The majority of the house type we bought have exactly the same issues and have caused retrofits regionally (if not nationally). I could go on for lines and lines about the problems we face on a daily basis but why waste more of my life on these people whose only interest is profiteering?! AVOID DWH AT ALL COSTS. I would give them zero or minus stars if I could!

“Avoid them”

written by oananegru on 22/11/2019

Bought a David wilson homes house five months ago. Shocking. About 50 issues all together. Walls are full of waves and they didn't want to do anything about it. Paid £750k for a brand new house but i feel like living in an 17 century cottage. Doors banging when little draft. The fence 1.6 metre high (i'm 1.82m tall) and i make eye contact with the neighbours. When complaint to them, the manager has told me " where is the problem if you see your neighbours from the garden? You do see them from the the window upstairs so it is the same thing " Toilets only fill one litre of water and have to flush several times (cant raise the flutes either) and pipes blocked with their builder's rubbish. Found rock wool in the toilet when plunging. Lots of dirt coming up in the water and i believe it is either plaster or tile adhesive. The thermostats don't work. They don't respond to any commands. Cheapest appliances are used even in 750k home. The fridge leaks water in the food and freezer "plastic catches" broke the first day. Trying to get plastic catches replacements for 3 months now and still waiting. The tiles fell of the roof (what a danger for kids and cars...) If you are looking to buy a home, go elsewhere. This buider has for sure high price and very low quality. The aftercare it is nearly non existent.

“AVOID AVOID AVOID DAVID WILSON HOMES ”

written by Salvadorq196 on 22/11/2019

“Snagging Issues”

written by on 07/11/2019

We moved into our DWH 2 years ago which we basically like but we've had many issues with poor workmanship and their customer care team is a bit of a joke as they rarely respond to an email or telephone call unless you try several times or get really shirty with them. Then the contractor sent to investigate the problem will often try to fob you off (you have to be persistent).The list of problems is too long to include in this review. After we first moved in the assistant site manager would normally respond quite promptly but not always. The grassed areas are mowed infrequently and weeds are predominant (they promised a fortnightly cut early in the year but this has never happened). It leaves an appearance of being neglected and when I have tackled the grass contractor he says DWHs won't pay for it to be done more frequently! (they have just announced record profits) I wonder how they managed that!! We would not recommend DWHs to anyone.

“DAVID WILSON BISHOPS GREEN..”

written by ekMitchell302 on 10/04/2019

DAVID WILSON BISHOPS GREEN.. If considering a house on this site, don't bother, save yourself a lot of hassle and disappointment. We have over 80 items on our snagging list, a really poor finish to our house. Customer care does not help, escalate it to a formal complaint they ignore you. To complete our work we will need to move out. Floors, walls, ceilings and en suite to be redone. Sinks held on the wall by silicon - no fixings, faulty smoke detectors the list goes on. Quality and finish are shocking, and subcontractors bodge the work. Shocking service, once they have your money. If we could hand the keys back we would,

“BISHOPS GREEN WELLS”

written by DavidWilsonisadick on 04/04/2019

Absolutely disgusting service within 3 months of buying we had, had our floors ripped up twice and re laid still not done properly. The window was that ill fitted there was a huge gap with cold air rushing in. We had raw sewage coming up through our showers. Our front door was broken and wouldn’t lock. Once they have your money they’re not interested and don’t care. The builders are rude and incompetent. DONT BUY FROM THEM!

“Not worth the money I paid”

written by dsWoods316 on 11/03/2019

from beginning to end the things that were wrong are lengthly. On placing the deposit down and being accepted for a mortgage we were asked to choose a decor scheme. My wife changed her mind 24 hours later and wanted to change the kitchen only to be told it was too late. I would have accepted this if the house was built but at that time there was no foundation to be seen. Then when moving there was issue after issue which required lengthly visits to rectify on things that should not have needed doing. The pipework for the washing machine was half in and half out of the wall plastered in. and when challenged this was "normal". to add insult this sort of behaviour continued with the words "within tolerance" but the workmanship was horrible, walls out of alignment, floor boards not seated correctly, damage caused by attempting to fix mistakes the builders had made. which in turn needed more repairs to be made. An on suite that is due for its 4th removal to ensure the walls are straight. The lack of insulation under the shower and the damage caused in the living room when the ceiling was hacked out to insulate. the experience was made a hell on earth. I am out of my warranty now as i've been in the house over 2 years but there is loads left to fix. I chose DWH because i thought they were 5 star, but all i have found is they are not even 1 star. Customer service is shocking.

Sandradee77's Comment

Written on: 19/03/2019

We are having almost the same issues! Did they compensate in any way?

Read 1 Comment

“Bought a dream sold a nightmare”

written by Mojox4 on 04/03/2019

After waiting 50 years to afford to buy a brand new home we were able to buy a DWH to be near our son. We bought into the presented plan of beautiful park areas with children,s play areas, otter park , orchards and more. But this did not happen, a huge disappointment to families with young children. A total misadvertising. Quality of workmanship was shoddily, drainage, brick work , garage flooding, plastering and the list goes on. Even when the work was seen to , most times the standard of repair was lacking. Hours lost waiting for workmen to turn up and some arriving with the wrong tools for the job. And on occasion not turning up at all. During a survey over 90% of DWH owners were grossly disappointed in their homes. I like the design of our home but it did not warrant a 5 star rating, The aftercare service has been lacking and slap dash in their responses. The builders should be ashamed of the standard of workmanship

“DON'T BE FOOLED THE QUALITY IS TERRIBLE ”

written by Braelynl430 on 16/01/2019

We reserved a DWH in April 2018 and were informed completion would be around early August. Throughout the sales process we were never updated, had to chase constantly and not even invited to view the property at any stage of the build. Completion dates were constantly pushed back causing us stress and upset and we were never informed what was happening. When we did finally complete the kitchen flooded on the day we moved in due to a burst heating pipe, we had over 160 defects some serious and we have now been living at the property for four months and they are yet to remedy a significant number. Once they have your money they do not care, you are treated like a nobody. You've been warned I would personally never buy again through DWH or Barratts who are their affiliate. Such a shame as would of loved nothing more to be happy in our home.

Asked by ValeSJ on 23rd July 2022 Report this content
Any experience of Needingworth Park please? Thank you

Asked by KMreverse on 11th August 2019 Report this content
I am planning to reserve a David Wilson home in Moretaine, Bedfordshire. Reading some reviews I am having concerns, any advice?

Asked by SandraDee77 on 19th March 2019 Report this content
In terms of snags and the amount people are having... we have over 200 and these snags have all been validated, were people’s snags little jobs or big jobs? We are having huge jobs done such as pipe work, plastering and floors and ceilings taken out and realigned, staircases fitted wrong so need work etc. The list feels endless. What have people had in return as compensation?

Asked by Yuwa on 10th September 2016 Report this content
I am planning to reserve a David Wilson home plot in Brooklands, Milton Keynes. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences there?

Asked by Dbaxter88 on 21st January 2016 Report this content
Anyone have any reviews on David Wilson homes in Kirkdale Liverpool please?

Asked by Reviewbee on 28th August 2015 Report this content
We bought a house from DWH last year in December. I am bothered about the sound coming from the second floor toilet or tap when they are in use. When I am in the second floor, I can hear when someone is using the shower in the third floor. Is this normal?

Asked by ClareCandy1 on 14th July 2015 Report this content
We have recently reserved a DWH Coach house and everything moved forward smoothly- mortgage in place, survey done ect. However we were sold the house as freehold and then when the draft contract and plot plans came back from our solicitors the property was shown as leasehold. We have investigated this and the property is in fact leasehold and the land has already been sold off to another company. I was just wondering if anybody has experienced anything similar or what we could do about the matter? Obviously we have already spent a lot of money getting everything in place for the 'freehold' property and now this would have to change. We are going to ask DWH for a reduction in price for the property but was wondering if this would be likely? Also the other 3 coach houses in the same development have been sold for the same price as ours as freehold properties- Ours is the only one that is leasehold!

Answers (1)
Report this content chrisdevon Written on: 15/07/2015
Your solicitor should sort this. Definently ask for reduction as they do always deals just to get the sale through especially at quarters end as they want to get the houses out of their books. But you have to ask yourself if you would be happy with leasehold in the first place and buying from a company which that behind your back. We were sold a house by Redrow and were as well quite progressed with all the legal stuff, mortgage and payments were made. When it came to light that some things were not right we requested all our money back (legal fees, surveyor etc) which we got in less than a week.
Asked by foggie2 on 8th April 2015 Report this content
Does anyone have a chelworth? Is it strange having the utility open straight on to the street?

Asked by hilarymason on 22nd May 2014 Report this content
David Wilson despite saying to us they do NOT discount homes that they sell - the house next door to us - which was the last one on the estate to sell was discounted by over £125,000. It was on the market when we were looking for £545,000 and eventually they sold it for £410.000. This has now dramatically affected the value of our house and if we are to sell have been advised that as next door is a bigger house we would struggle to get what we paid for £440,000. We are really unhappy with that way we have been treated. What can we do?

Answers (1)
Report this content pedro924 Written on: 22/05/2014
Learn from it is all you can do i am afraid UNLESS you have the 'we do not discount' statement in writing. I suspect, however, that you were told this in the 'marketing suite'. Unfortunately, in my experience, you should believe ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you are told by people in the sales office until you see it in writing in the contract.