Bellway Homes Reviews - www.bellway.co.uk

Bellway Homes www.bellway.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bellway Homes www.bellway.co.uk

Bellway Homes www.bellway.co.uk

“Abysmal ”

Written on: 22/10/2022 by zaDodd428 (1 review written)

Abysmal service from start to finish. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. Lack of responses to phone calls and emails and just completely neglect any responsibility for things once you move in. I am embarrassed for the company how poor it is and the little care they have for their customers. If I could give one piece of advice - never buy a home from Bellway, unless you want to waste hours of your time following up on issues and never having them resolved.

“Check your snags! ”

Written on: 19/10/2022 by PaulDuffy (1 review written)

I appreciate snags, some hiccups and general settlement goes hand in hand with any new build property, regardless of the builder. We had some issues over the first few weeks that were dealt with fairly swiftly. However, as soon as you exit the honeymoon period of 12 weeks with the onsite team and are passed to the we-dont-care aftercare team. Ignored emails, days and weeks without response, poor solutions to serious problems and endless emails or calls that go unanswered. Here are a few of the issues we have and are still facing more than a year after moving in. Broken banister Plates falling off banister Skirting board were rough Heating was broke under kick-plates. Broken glass at front door Broken gutter at garage Windows respected and scratched Broken roof tile Broken gutter Puddle in driveway Bath needed re sealed 2 x Garage doors off the runners and completely collapsed. Garage is now unusable for the last 18 days at time of writing. We cannot get into it. Wobbly sync front door Lock jammed Broken Slabs in garden Broken bricks in driveway Driveway was marked with concrete Tuna sandwich wrapper (prawn mayonnaise) and crisp packets behind kitchen kick plates when we moved in Lights were not wired correctly in kitchen Loft insulation has just been dumped and not spread Broken roof tile Roof fascia snapped If Bellway were to be swift in dealing with these issues from an aftercare perspective, I wouldn't be writing this review, I've actually held off for months in writing any kind of negative review. But here we are. I would avoid and go with a more credible builder.

“worst mistake of my life.”

Written on: 01/09/2022 by LukeChichester (1 review written)

Quite possibly the worst mistake of my life. Warped doors don't close. Skirting boards fall over. No toilet roll holders/curtain rails/anything to mount them on safely. External door trims not sealed. Cement splashes on external wall. Bellway apparently don't have any building plans! According to them! I wanted a couple, as I wanted to change a couple of electrics. Communal door lock doesn't work properly. Communal bin store lock doesn't work at all, so door bangs at night. Bin store not painted so looks a mess. Not enough collections so permanently overrun with rubbish. Road drains blocked with tarmac. Holes in road surface. 6ft tall weeds. Dead lawn. Bellway don't follow up calls or emails. And are waiting for a different company to take over so they can pass the buck. Am in contact with lawyers. Do not buy here!

“Happy with service so far ”

Written on: 23/08/2022 by DavidNorledge (1 review written)

Happy with service and any large problems (plumbing) dealt with quickly. All issues dealt with on site so not used customer services yet. Very happy with the build and would recommend to friends and family in the future.

“Bellway dodgy roofers”

Written on: 17/06/2022 by Pooraftersales (1 review written)

4 years ago we bought a Bellway house in Essex and, apart from general snagging, we were happy with it. Six weeks before moving into the house I took photographs of it from outside. In February 2022 we had 2 verge roof tiles come loose on the roof. As we were outside our 2 year Bellway warranty I contacted a local roofer to repair it for cash in hand. While the roofer was up the ladder he saw that the verge tiles had previously been damaged, and held in place by a screw. He brought this to my attention, photographed the screw and then bonded the damaged verge tiles. As we had never experienced a roof problem until then, it was obvious that the original roofer had damaged the verge tile and screwed it in place. My roofer sent his 'screw' photograph to me and we went through the Bellway complaints procedure. I contacted Bellway Kent Care and brought this to their attention and they put the blame on my roofer, saying that he had damaged the verge tile. I decided to look at my photos which I had taken six weeks before moving into our house and, sure enough, when I enhanced the roof photo, there was the screw on the verge tile. With this evidence I contacted our Bellway senior manager and her Divisional Director. She was quick to refund the cash that I paid for our roofer, but despite various phone calls and emails, any interest in repairing my verge complaint was ignored. My photos showed that Bellways roofer had fitted damaged verge tiles and held them in place with a screw. This was visible on my photo which I took six weeks before moving in. Last week I wrote another email to Bellway and stated that, unless I heard positively from them by today, I would escalate my complaint further. This negative review is just one part of my escalation and I would STRONGLY advise anyone who is buying a Bellway home to photograph it, inside, outside and particularly the roof.

“No the best finished property Ashberry homes Oadby ”

Written on: 30/05/2022 by Banssri (1 review written)

Me and my neighbours have same issues when moving in passed on to sales and site not just passing from one person to another that's 3 Houses near by left messages but found staff on holiday on person there not working for Ashberry

“Rubbish service head office Coventry ”

Written on: 01/03/2022 by Kadence161 (1 review written)

Head office forcing me exchange when it's not our fault when their own solicitors making mistakes spoken to reception to put me through to to director and was refused then left message for a sales manager to call they said we where sent an email but when I spoke to a sales advisor a lady she said to call head office when you buying an expensive house they are forcing purchaser to exchange or will be charged more for their property really bad service from head office and administration sales manager

“Should be Called Hellway Homes”

Written on: 17/02/2022 by M111C (1 review written)

From moving into this property (15 months ago) the list of defects due to rushed, terrible, unsupervised workmanship has been very long but the battle continues with customer care - or lack of it. At every level it is appalling, senior management do not care when going through their complaints procedure as they already have your money - thrycdo not even respond. You are not buying a dream home, one where you can move in and do nothing, a property built with exceptional workmanship as their marketing material states, you are buying a property which will give you lots of stress, sleepless nights and a continuous battle to get even the simplest snagging repair completed. If you can avoid it, do not purchase a Bellway / Hellway Home, you will regret it.

“Ashberry Horwood Gardens ”

Written on: 29/11/2021 by zeLeslie269 (1 review written)

Horrible service from Sales Advisor in leicester the sales staff left the company I went there in October I also went to Bellway I asked details for 4 beds but they said won't be able to move in for Next year why is Ashberry homes so behind and Bellway are a head with their Houses and they do deals and Ashberry don't so reserved in October even they belong to same Head office even I was a cash buyer Ashberry homes refused me a deal

“Terrible Head Office Bellway Coventry ”

Written on: 29/11/2021 by 324McCormick (1 review written)

Spoken to Sales Office Manager horrible and calling me honey, forcing me to get Mortgage ASAP or they will cancell my reservation I had spoken to sales advisor where I bought my house the he left the company I explained my situation to him he said everything was fine but no we explained to the Manager that this never been my fault but Bellway Homes are not working with purchaser they just their money and when asked for refund it takes 21 days

“STAY AWAYYYYYY FROM BELLWAY ”

Written on: 09/11/2021 by KKBenson (1 review written)

STAY AWAY FROM BELLWAY Bellway Homes is an incompetent disgrace A year ago I moved into my brand new Bellway Homes flat. A year later I heard a big swoosh sound inside the wall of my ensuite shower. It was a leak from the mains pipe, that flooded my neighbours flat downstairs terribly before rising through the floor boards into my flat to flood my flat. I managed to stop this by switching the mains off completely. I spoke to Bellway's management companies for the property CHP and Legal and General both of whom insisted it was my responsibility to fix the leak as my 1 year defect period with Bellway was done After staying without water for a couple of days, I called an emergency plumber in, who broke through the tiles and the wall to isolate the shower pipes so we can use water in other parts of the house I managed to eventually reach Bellway who claimed Legal and General and CHP were wrong to have advised my defect period was finished as I had 2 year warranty. They kept passing the buck to each other as to who wld refund my costs and damages. Over a month later, I have tiles in my bathroom Bellway broke, shower handle they removed to access the pipes and a big gapping hole in my wall..... my shower is still not working. Bellways makes a ton of promises but so far have not delivered anything Theh sent in their plumbers the plumbers RG Taylor; who came in broke more tiles and checked the pipe and went back to report to Bellway falsely and unbelievably that the leak was caused from a blocked overflowing shower tray and they're therefore not responsible I'm baffled at how low and stupid they would stoop to absolve themselves of any responsibility. What is the connection between a shower tray and a leak in the mains pipe? The quack dodgy plumber never even switched on the shower to know the tray is blocked....How does a blocked tray cause a flood so bad an emergency plumber had to come in and break the tiles to isolate the pipes I spoke to senior staff member in the company who claimed he never mentioned that to Bellway but for the life of me couldn't make any sense of what he mentioned to Bellway Long story short 1 month later my bathroom is still destroyed, Bellway hasn't returned to fix it and my costs still owed.... stay awayyyyyy from Bellway

“Absolutely Rude”

Written on: 08/11/2021 by Shields359 (1 review written)

Contacted Belleay regarding an enquiry, honestly if Sales Dept are anything to go by I won’t bother even viewing, they were rude and seem to come across as smug I wouldn’t give a company like this 1p never mind the price, just RUDE if you don’t want customers then don’t advertise on Rightmove without having the knowledge. Tip for Bellway get over yourselves!!

“Been a few times to view homes at Hazel fold Bolton....”

Written on: 14/10/2021 by Devan285 (1 review written)

Been a few times to view homes at Hazel fold Bolton. Each time told homes not released and when they are released have been sold. Sent white friend after for same home and said was available. Even when going into show home blatantly being ignored! Shame on you Bellway in this day and age discrimination against colour. Clearly staff have had no training on dealing with people from all walks of life. Does the board even have a policy on stance against racism..! Am sure not.

“Appalling Customer Service ”

Written on: 09/08/2021 by 8509gosn (1 review written)

Customer service from Bellway was extremely poor after purchasing the property. I have spoken to multiple Bellway representatives and the result is always the same, they promise a resolution that never arrives. I have asked again and again for timescales for the work to be completed and they refuse to provide this. Matters which were pointed out during a snagging report immediately after completion have still not been resolved, even though more than a year has passed. This was particularly disappointing as we raised a formal complaint in December 2020 and liaised with senior representatives, for example, the head of Customer Care at Bellway and the Inspection Manager. Even after this, Bellway have not taken our concerns seriously and various matters remain outstanding. The current Bellway representative responsible for the management of our property demanded that we pay at our own cost for repairs that are necessary due to poor workmanship from Bellway. Bellway were told that our radiator was leaking and falling apart in October and did not attempt to resolve this by December and so we raised a formal complaint in December. Bellway refused to deal with matters without a formal inspection in January by their Inspection Manager, despite the fact that Bellway had already promised resolutions to various matters previously. Finally after the inspection, the Inspection Manager agreed to replace a part on our radiator that was causing it to leak and was falling off, however instead this was simply stuck on with mastic. When this inevitably fell off and broke down again, they told us that Bellway would not be covering the cost of this and we would have to pay for this replacement. This is despite the fact that the radiator broke down immediately after we moved in to a new build property built by Bellway (the same month!). The customer care team is truly appalling. Matters which could easily be resolved are dragged out for no reason and I have spent countless hours chasing them to actually do their job, only to get ridiculous responses such as the above from them.

“Irresponsible construction company”

Written on: 06/07/2021 by SianW2021 (1 review written)

If these peoples home building skills are anything like their zero consideration for the local community, I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole. I’m trying to work from home in Edenbridge and can’t even have my windows open due to the noise eminating from their Oakley Park development and I’m 2 streets away from the site. Shameful! We suffered the same noise last summer and didn’t even receive letters to apologise for the massive disruption to our lives. There’s no part of my home where I can go to get away from the noise, even with all the windows shut. They should be ashamed of themselves.

“Barrow boys ”

Written on: 11/06/2021

Nothing short of barrow boys. Appalling after service. December they was told my kitchen floor was faulty, they sent an email to the contractors in December stating it was in the master bedroom, they returned the email stating they did not fit anything in the master bedroom! Nobody has followed this up apart from me and now I’m out of warranty! Apparently I must of dragged my fridge freezer which has caused the Lino to tear, I mean I often play that game dragging the fridge freezer to relieve the boredom! Customer service is non existent. I’ve had to repeatedly email chasing. Supposed to deliver ends for the kick boards not fitted when I moved in and deliver 100 clips instead to fit the kick boards! Also delivered the kick boards directly to me but nobody was aware of this, even sent the contractor to collect from Leicester, luckily he called me first! I waited seven weeks until again I chased asking when they will actually fit them. Moved in May 2020 and still trying to resolve defects. I’ve had a loose sink in my downstairs wc that was a clear health and safety issue, I fixed it myself after 8 months as my niece had a near miss when it nearly pulled away from the wall. Also day five now of a heatwave and three aerosol cans of powerline left on the pavement! Another health and safety accident waiting to happen. I have evidence of all of the above, in particular a video of said aerosol cans sunning it up!

“Don’t buy Bellway – not fire safe & not built to...”

Written on: 07/05/2021 by JY2357 (1 review written)

Our development (by Bellway) had a wall survey which reported numerous defects in that breached regulations at the time of construction. This includes missing fire breaks and cavities being left behind the polystyrene EPS render. Bellway have refused to engage with flat owners and take responsibility to remediate their poor workmanship.

Aewarnes's Response to JY2357's Review

Written on: 20/01/2022

We also have had the same problem. First Bellway denied they had built the building. When we showed them proof that they had they said that the fact that the building was more than 20 years ago meant that they had no liability. We got evidence that they had failed to meet the Building Regulations in force at the time. Still they refused. We tried to follow up with the Freehold Company - a shell of Bellway; this has now moved offshore so they can't be touched. We are now taking legal advice in light of the recent statement that he will force builders to face up to their responsibilities. Bellway have no moral sense. Do not buy from them!

Read 1 Comment

“Not built to comply with fire safety standards ”

Written on: 07/05/2021 by Kaitlinu361 (1 review written)

I own a Bellway flat which recent EWS surveys have shown did not meet required safety standards at the time of building. Bellway loved the Freehold of these properties on to a shell company subsidiary 2 years after build and are now advising through all legal recourse that they have nothing to do with the buildings they developed. Hundreds of blocks all over the country in the same position. Bellway one of the few developers refusing to acknowledge the issue. Buy at your peril.

“Terrible Customer Service ”

Written on: 30/11/2020

Issues with build quality (and not willing to accept any responsibility) 1. Windows don't close properly, 2. Kitchen units not assembled correctly poor quality materials and workmanship, Drainage not installed correctly (rainwater and brown water) 3. poor workmanship in bathroom sealant not applied correctly and leaking, did not clean debris out from under bath. any discussions with "customer service" are met with dismissive and uncommunicative people who don't care, we now have raw sewerage running down the street and they are not interested despite the public heath risks !

“TEN FREE CHRISTMAS TREES WITH EVERY HOUSE”

Written on: 17/11/2020 by RICHTHOFEN (1 review written)

Purchased a house on the Linkside estate 100ft conifers behind the end garden fence which Bellway said belonged to British Rail who would maintain them.Tops up they are ours and we not allowed to touch them.PLEASE PLEASE check everything in fact don't buy from them.

Asked by Angel771 on 7th March 2022 Report this content
We are looking to buy in the Linby/Hucknall Area in Nottingham there are a number of houses already built does anyone have any knowledge of the build/work quality of the houses there?

Asked by Kayleigh89Kayleigh89 on 9th August 2021 Report this content
Do I need planning permission for a tv aerial?

Asked by Kalamazooblue on 31st July 2021 Report this content
Does an c+ kitchen upgrade come with an upgraded extractor hood?

Asked by sammy7862 on 9th June 2020 Report this content
Hi, I recently purchased a Bellway Home. After about 6-7 months I began to notice that the driveway beginning to worsen as was the front garden and Patio. I understand that the property was built more than 10 years ago and they typically cone with 10 years warranty. I wanted to know how to best to pursue this poor workmanship by the developer as no change has been made to the driveway, patio and front garden by previous owner. I initially believed this to be a collapsed drain. I have had United Utilities to come and inspect the drain with a camera who confirmed that the drain is fine. They said it is more likely that the area around the drain was not compacted properly and over time this has caused the driveway, patio and front garden to dip. Has anyone had similar experience? Any advise on how to proceed with this matter would be of great help.

Asked by Kellysabrina on 22nd March 2018 Report this content
I purchased a Bellway property, is anyone able to tell me if they have purchased a Bellway property whether they had a light fitted within the attic or not? We have solar panels in which some of the controls for these are within the attic yet have no lighting. A previously purchased new build through a different builder had this as standard so just wondered if anyone can shed any light on this. There customer care are not helpful and so no point even asking,

Asked by Ashali151184 on 21st February 2017 Report this content
Is there anyone on here who have purchased in the Cotswold, Chase development in Brockworth? I wanted to know what the areas like and if there's any issues with social housing. I'm spending well over 350k and little hesitant about social housing.

Report this content RayJono Written on: 23/02/2017
Whenever you buy on a development there has to be social housing as part of the planning process. Normally the housing associations are very strict with their tennants and if they caused any issues they would cancel their tennancy.
Asked by Ashali151184 on 7th February 2017 Report this content
I am in the process of buying myself a Bellway House. From the reviews I'm concerned about the quality. What precautions can I take to avoid issues like I have read? I am using my own solicitors to ensure there's no issues and avoided using their recommended one. I'm also worried about being rushed to pay them money. At this stage they say that we need to give 5-10%.

Report this content RayJono Written on: 08/02/2017
Hi we had some issues with our new home which Bellway did eventually correct. I was very concerned about the plumbing system we had several toilet leaks, a leak from the family bath due to incorrect fitting, an incorrect sink fitting in en-suite led to water coming through ceiling in the hallway. Have someone with you to examine quality of finishings who knows about these things. The deposit is quite standard with new houses but delay it as long as possible they won't like it but neither will they want to lose your sale. Make sure you demand Freehold at no charge. Any white goods supplied by Bellway or Tiling jobs etc are horrendously expensive get your own people in and get your own white goods. Good Luck.
Report this content Ashali151184 Written on: 08/02/2017
RayJono Thanks for your help, I have been felling very nervous and spending that sort of money scares me a little as I want everything done properly. I have been quoted to get the tiling done in the hall way its so expensive so I will get an independent tiller to do it. On top of that I have to pay 800 for grass to be laid in the garden too, I have made my mind up to get it sorted myself and get it done with artificial grass.
Report this content mike walker Written on: 08/02/2017
We bought a flat from Bellway in East Sussex. They used a plumbing contractor from Hove called Jacksons. Most of the properties have had serious long term plumbing faults due to poor installation and inferior products. The guarantee is 2 years and they dont want to know after this. We have had to have a new cistern which involved knocking part of a wall down also various other faults It has cost us over £1000. Our neighbour has had the same problems. The concealed cistern was held together with gaffa tape and glue. Make sure they fit access panels where concealed systems are installed. For cheapness they plasterboard and tile leaving no access.They buy cheap parts from companies that are end of lines or bankrupt stock. We tried to get replacement parts but found they where no longer in production! I have photos of their workmanship to prove it.
Report this content Ruberylane Written on: 10/02/2017
We brought our bellway home just over a year ago and just like you I was a little worried about all the negative reviews but I can honestly say it's all been good, we did have snags but ever new house does and bellway have put them right and if they can't they have replaced. My advice is be fussy and list every little thing. We have had a lot of little scratches on the windows which bellway have replaced so make sure you check all windows during sunlight.We are very happy in our home it's been built very well and I would recommend buying from bellway. Hope it all goes well for you and don't be put off by other people's bad experiences. Good luck in your new home ????
Report this content Ashali151184 Written on: 10/02/2017
Ruberylane Thank you
Report this content Ashali151184 Written on: 10/03/2017
I've been told the my appliances come standard with the house Is this Miss correct?
Asked by abhijitkulkarni on 17th January 2017 Report this content
We are planning to buy a new beltway home in Welwyn garden City. Read a lot of reviews here...mostly not so good barring occasional few who are happy with their new beltway homes. What do you suggest overall? Anything that should be kept in mind ....thanks in advance.

Report this content Sjr2468 Written on: 17/01/2017
Hi, we bought a Bellway home 18 months ago. All is good now. It iwas however a pretty rough first 12 months. Saying that Bellway did correct anything we were not happy with and other bigger issues such as insufficient insulation, poor drainage etc did get put right. All I would say is the day you collect your keys, when they do the handover at the house is don't sign anything that says your are happy with the Windows, overall finish etc. I would wait until you've had the 7 day snagging and found all the visual issues. Our Windows were badly scratched, which you wouldn't notice immediately, it depends on the sunlight etc. We noticed this about 3 days in when the sun was shining. They did eventually get replaced but Bellway were not keen on doing it because I had signed that initial handover form. Hope this helps.
Report this content derwentwaywallsend Written on: 17/01/2017
Do not use a Bellway recommended Solicitor, they will not do the proper searches, please do this and you will have a better protection, they will tell you to use theirs as everything will go smoother, so not believe them, use your own.
Report this content RayJono Written on: 17/01/2017
Be very very careful and take someone with you who has building construction knowledge numerous residents on our development have had some Major issues which Bellway were very slow to resolve. They promise the earth but fail to deliver. They use a lot of sub contractors for cost saving and it shows in the poor quality finishing. We had previously bought a brand new show home from Taylor Wimpey which we lived in for 10 years without a single problem. Just be careful is my best advice.
Report this content 15knights Written on: 17/01/2017
Hi, we have had a great experience with Belway, the few very minor issues we have had have been resolved with no problem at all... to us they are the best! X
Report this content Matron999 Written on: 17/01/2017
We had a very good experience with Bellway and talking to our neighbours they agree. I read the poor reviews but only after we'd put a deposit on the house and was obviously concerned but I need not have been. Talking to other buyers I think a lot depends on the site manager. Ours is approachable and will spend time discussing any issues. Any snags were minor and dealt with extremely quickly.
Report this content Ashali151184 Written on: 08/02/2017
I'm planning on purchasing a new house. At the Cotswold Chase area in brockworth. I love the house I've seen some in the area. My one should be completed in June - august. I wanted to know is there anything I need to be aware of I'm purchasing a property over 370k I have read reviews which are slightly alarming. Please can anyone advise !
Asked by petetownsend on 29th July 2016 Report this content
Can some one at Bellway tell me why they don't supply a cutlery tray for the cutlery drawer in an already upgraded kitchen costing in excess of £4000? We have been told if we want the tray it will cost an additional £25. Is it worth upsetting customers for this?

Report this content derwentwaywallsend Written on: 02/08/2016
We had exactly the same, paid for a kitchen, cost a fortune and they then began by telling us the things we requested could not be done, it was not until I said look do not bother and we had a manager to my home that I finally got what was promised. I would avoid them like the plague.
Asked by Glynp21 on 6th June 2016 Report this content
Can you put your name down for a plot before the site has launched?

Answers (2)
Report this content derwentwaywallsend Written on: 06/06/2016
yes, we did, we just had a plot number
Report this content Ruberylane Written on: 06/06/2016
Yes you can most of the houses have now sold but I think there are still a couple of plots available.
Asked by Debra50 on 7th March 2016 Report this content
Should my son and his partner buy a £260,000 property next door to a pair of semis with affordable housing - it will be their first house and they will be maxed financially?

Report this content derwentwaywallsend Written on: 08/03/2016
If they think it is the house for them, go for it, just make sure that there are no issues, we used a bellway solicitor and we were never informed that there was a 24 hour licence to operate, it was free land when we moved in with a river view, within 18 months I had an oil platform virtually at the bottom of my garden noise and lights 24 hours a day, I had to serve an injunction about the noise and that took three years plus to achieve. If I were to give the most important factor I would use my own solicitor, knowing what I know. Do not expect anything to be put right quickly either. Just make sure the land searches are completed properly, plus we lost 20 thousand because of this on the value of our home, so ask an estate agent as well before they buy if this is a deciding factor, please check everything, or you might regret it later.
Asked by Gwilkie on 25th January 2016 Report this content
Was anyone able to negotiate on price or upgrade fittings?

Report this content derwentwaywallsend Written on: 26/01/2016
They can, but to be honest there were things that I found now that I really should have been asked if I needed them, they concentrate on making money and putting aerial fittings in the bedrooms I was never asked, or telephone line extensions, we ended up doing this ourselves, a loft light again we found we really needed one, they are more interested in charging you for not doing things, and we had carpets fitted and a kitchen, again I wish I had NOT HAD THESE THINGS DONE. They pass off every error to the contractors and never accept responsibility. The prices are ridiculous, we were charged 150 pounds for not putting up a wall into the dining room. They will try and get every penny out of you for the minimum work required. I wish I had stayed clear of Bellway, I compared this to a death.
Asked by FTB_newcastle on 5th January 2016 Report this content
Anyone with experience of Bellway Earsdon view?

Report this content derwentwaywallsend Written on: 12/01/2016
Yes, when I was trying to put a case together, a gas fitter came to my home and was very distressed as his mother was having terrible problems with her home at this estate. He agreed to testify on my behalf as I had arranged to go to the small claims court, which I might add was horrendous as until this chap visited, everybody agreed I had massive heating problems, but nobody wanted to testify in court, till this chap. I thought I had problems, his mother had huge cracks throughout her living room. Needless to say once I had someone who was willing to testify, lo and behold the problem was instantly fixed, I was two days away from court. You really have to be on the ball and try to stay one step ahead of them and NHBC, they are in it together.
Report this content Louisea1 Written on: 14/01/2016
Hi Guys, I am not from this site I live on another and the house I have I would of been better buying a 25 year old rusty caravan. My home was that bad all directors including CEO were involved in it. May I suggest that you write for a subject to access. This will cost you £10.00 but it will be a file that contains all communication and data held on your property. Emails that have gone back and forth between each person in the company from reception to CEO's. You will be able to see what they have discussed without you knowing. You will be amazed at what it will say. If there is a problem and they are aware you can guarantee they have discussed it and sent and email to someone. This gives you proof they are covering the truth. They have to provide you with all information and data they have that states your name and address of the property. It is the law. Believe me its a good tool to request and worth £10.00. My file was as thick as two bricks and that file stated everything I was saying was right and that they were trying to get away with it. You need a Subject to Access Letter and a cheque for £10.00 sent to their head office. It takes them ages to collate the info too and they only have a certain amount of time to provide it. Its like a bible of proof you were right in the first place and its also evidence.
Report this content petetownsend Written on: 29/07/2016
yes weve just got keys on 3rd june but couldn't move in as workman needed access as the "finished" house was a joke we are still awaiting some work to be completed and waiting for contractors to finish kitchen and door faults also items missing from kitchen and not sure if the splash back they installed is right one as bellway put it in not the kitchen fitters we also don't have a light bulb for the front porch light that was pointed out to them when we moved in
Asked by righttomanage on 26th November 2015 Report this content
How can you tell if a door or lock is PAS 24 compliant if the developer doesn't tell you?

Report this content derwentwaywallsend Written on: 01/12/2015
Unfortunately you are unable to do so, and I found Bellways in my experience to be dreadful liars on many occasions, so I would dig into any questions you might have via proper channels, such as your local planning officer, my chap was very helpful in correcting the deceit that was given to me by Bellways. Plus check everything via google+.
Asked by craigkelly on 4th October 2015 Report this content
In my new front garden were on the corner and kids and dogs keep cutting through it. Can I put in a small fence to stop this?

Report this content derwentwaywallsend Written on: 13/10/2015
Wait until Bellways have gone as nobody takes any notice of the covenant, as they would have to pay to take you to court. we have all things that are not supposed to be here but nothing happens, go ahead and do it I would.We have block paving works vans and yes they should not be doing it, next door put a big boulder in her garden to stop delivery vans ruining her garden. good luck My house was rubbish
Asked by phoebexitsas on 10th December 2014 Report this content
Is it expected to pay for all your fittings eg tiles, wardrobes, laminated floorings, carpets etc, within 2 weeks of reserving your home?

Answers (2)
Report this content charlie2776 Written on: 11/12/2014
I'm not sure as I arranged someone independent to do all of that. I know that they have a tight time schedule as they try and complete within 6 weeks, so I can imagine that this is the case, but we completed on the house with no flooring, and the tiles etc were already in situ.
Report this content Rocky80 Written on: 11/12/2014
When we moved in to our property the tiles were included we just chose what pattern we wanted. If we had something that was above our grade (we could go up to gold level but needed to pay if we wanted platinum) we stayed in gold so didn't pay. We also had our flooring including as part of our deal. In regards to wardrobes and other fittings I'm not sure although would seem fair. Their a business and if you pull out or things go pear shaped and you've requested certain items they will need to recoup costs. As with other answers they aim to turn round in 6 weeks. One thing I did was visit another site by the same developer and ask the same questions, luckily I got the same answers.
Asked by Vedanta on 19th August 2014 Report this content
I would like to repaint the front of my house. What was the colour they used and where can I source the paint/company. It is a house in Bolnore, Lower Village, Haywards Heath and is one of the nine cream 4 bedroom houses on the development. Thank you. I urgently await your response

Report this content LaluaF Written on: 19/08/2014
Hi there! That kind of info should be included in the original pack you got with the home. Failing that, I'd call them direct, as it's something particular to your development. Good luck :)
Asked by djpickwell on 10th August 2014 Report this content
Can you tell me what fixtures and fitting are included in the house price? Thanks

Answers (5)
Report this content Vayid Written on: 11/08/2014
loads of items such as appliances e.g. MW, DW, f/f, if you buy from Bellway get a snagger sitesnagging, this guy will come and inspect the property, don't agree to exchange until they agree to fix all issues raised by the snagger before completion. Bellway customer service agents are shocking, always ready to lie and cut corners. So use a snagger ans identify all issues.
Report this content LaluaF Written on: 11/08/2014
That would be something you would need to clarify with your specific development.
Report this content danis0476 Written on: 11/08/2014
I got carpets, kitchen cabinets, cooker and extractor.
Report this content sean161 Written on: 11/08/2014
All developments and house styles differ, you may ask for incentives, if you don't ask you don't get. There are added costly extras too, in theory you could have the whole house done to the likes of a show home. Just depends on your budget.
Report this content Cathycliverpool Written on: 12/08/2014
It is specific depending on development and house type, normally silver, gold or platinum ranges, the more expensive the house the better the stuff you get basically. You can upgrade though on everthing, my advice would be only upgrade on things that make a difference during build stages i.e the floor tiles because they fit the skirtings and the fixtures after the tiles are layed so the finish is excellent. We got a bottle fridge and it was more expensive than it would have been in the shops but it was fitted with the kitchen, no messing, professional job. Things like the chrome sockets, try and negotiate them into your deal but if you cant, dont pay the money they ask, order what you need from ebay and change them yourself it is MUCH cheaper. If there is anything that is important to you, ask, be cheeky and if its a deal breaker and the house you want isnt being fought over, make it a deal breaker, another development will do it for you!!! :))) key is the longer the house has been sat there completed for, the more you will get on extras because they need a sold sign on it!! Good luck :)
Asked by slickbone on 4th July 2014 Report this content
After reading lots of comments, I am now tempted to avoid buying a new build in Ibstock, Leicester by Bellway. I went to speak to one of the sales staff who came across 'hard-nosed'. She was polite but I have this funny feeling. The house I was planning to get was for £173,995 but I found out it had been already sold. However she said to me that there was another one being built and the price will be advertised in the next few days. Well I went back today and the price they will put it up for is now £186,995. With this in mind, reading the comments on here, I'm starting to piece together that I should stay clear. What are your thoughts?

Report this content LaluaF Written on: 04/07/2014
Hi there! I know of people that have bought new properties with different builders and they all have problems. I'd say if you like the house, go for it. Find out if the new house has got anything different than the one you wanted and if it doesn't, challenge them on it to sell it to you at the same price. Write to their head office. It works. ;) good luck :)
Report this content slickbone Written on: 04/07/2014
LaluaF, Thank you for your response. The development area is called Darcey Park in Ibstock that I intend to buy the property. I'm not new to buying new builds as the one I currently have was bought off plan by myself. As with all new builds, there are minor things that need to be fixed in the 2 year period but it sounds like this developer has had customers with big issues such as roof/window leaks etc. Reading the comments has somewhat put me off buying from Bellway to be honest....
Report this content danis0476 Written on: 06/07/2014
Hiya, I live in Ibstock- Darcey park-built by Bellway. I moved in to Darcey park January 2013. I am over the moon with the house, area and also customer care is brilliant. I noticed Bellway put the house prices up every 6 month so when sales lady told you she had to wait for the price she was just following Bellway's procedures. Hope this helps. Do not hesitate to contact me If you'd like more answers to your questions :)
Report this content slickbone Written on: 06/07/2014
danis0476, Thank you so much for your reply! I'm lucky to get a response from someone who is actually living there! Its good knowing that you had a positive experience with regards to customer service and the fact that you are happy with their build. This gives me confidence in buying from Bellway. I guess the bad reviews are site dependent.... Just a quick question since you are living there. Generally is it a quiet neighborhood with professional people living there? Thanks for the help!
Report this content danis0476 Written on: 11/08/2014
I am so sorry to reply so late. I have never realized you e-mailed me (thoughts for the review website designers!) . Yes, the site is very quiet and above all friendly. My neighbour does sometimes play this games loud but unfortunatelly we can't pick our neighbours. Had worse :). Have you purchased the house, yet?
Report this content sean161 Written on: 11/08/2014
Hi there, if you get offended by the sales staff then I suggest your bot the clientele they are after
Asked by Botbot288 on 5th June 2014 Report this content
We are part exchanging with Bellway, it's all subject to survey except our house has some damp, £1600 worth as I have just had a quote.  Our house is over 100 years old so expected. Will they take the money off the px offer, expect us to have it done before or pull out? I want this house so much it's perfect!

Asked by Steviep18 on 11th May 2014 Report this content
We're thinking about purchasing a new home at Chrysalis Park in Stevenage. We're very concerned about these reviews. None of the reviews state (understandably) where they are but we'd be very grateful if anyone is at this development and if there's major issues there that they could let us know about? Thank you

Asked by bainbria on 15th April 2014 Report this content
Can you pay to upgrade from silver to gold standard on a bellways home and if so how much?

Report this content bindu4076 Written on: 15/04/2014
I think the silver grading are standard (ie: included in the base price) on certain models. The gold grading is offered as standard on more expensive models. Yes, you can always add the gold options to your standard silver grade home. But you will inevitably pay way over the price than if you actually had them installed yourself. Builders normally charge a buyer around 30% more to upgrade options than if the buyer could actually get it done by his own independent tradesperson. I also notice that the gold upgrade is from white goods like Zanussi to an AEG model. Please do not go with Bellway upgrades. You should get a credit from the builder for not having them put in...and go and buy a much better or efficient white good like a 'Bosch' instead and have them install it whilst they are fitting the kitchen. Things can be done whilst the house is being built. The garden can be turfed at a much lower cost after you have moved in. One option I would take up would be a power outlet in the garden as this is easier to install while the house is being built. Hope this helps. Basically, anything that does not require opening up walls/floors/ceiling at a later date can be installed later after you move in at a much cheaper price.
Report this content Cathycliverpool Written on: 15/04/2014
Gold comes as standard depending on the type of property you buy, some things are worth upgrading before you move in because lets face it you are buying a new build for it to be ready to go when you move in. We upgraded various items i.e. to a six burner hob and hood, upgraded to platinum grade tiles for the hall and kitchen and a bottle fridge. These were more expensive than what you would pay if you got them done after you moved in but to be honest It was worth the extra cost because they fit everything at the right time of bulid and finish stage so it is a really plush and polished finish i.e the fitted the kitchen and skirting boards after the floor tiles were down. Also you can get it fixed quickly if its not right!!
Report this content bindu4076 Written on: 16/04/2014
In addition to my post below, if you do not have the funds to buy the white goods or afford to get certain things done after your purchase, then definitely get it done while the property is being built. In the old days...you could add the upgrades to your property price and get that included in your buying price so it gets paid for by your mortgate at a much cheaper rate ie: 2-5% interest as opposed to paying for it by your credit card with a 12-18% credit card interest rate. I am not sure if you can still do this or if you have to pay for the upgrades with cash. You may want to ask Bellway. After our entire experience with Bellway and the problems we have had, I personally would not buy a through Bellway again and would think very carefully about buying a newbuild again.
Asked by Stela1 on 4th April 2014 Report this content
We have recently reserved a Bellway detached house in Hairmyres, East Kilbride, Glasgow. Our mortgage has been already approved and we are awaiting the missives to be signed. I would appreciate if somebody can advise what we should be aware of? Has anybody bought a house from Bellways in the same area?

Answers (9)
Report this content bindu4076 Written on: 07/04/2014
We bought a Hellway property in S.E England so I do not know much about Scotland. However, my advise to you is:- 1. If the property isn't built yet, make sure you visit the site every week to make sure they are building properly. Or...depending on finances....employ someone who knows about construction to ensure that it is being built correctly...and to code. 2. Remember, that the NHBC warranty only covers the structural and drains part of the property. They, essentially, work for the builders. So if you need to refer issues to NHBC, especially if it is an expensive remedy, they will inevitably side with the builder. The courts will consult NHBC and they will eventually back NHBC & the builder. 3. Make sure you get a professional snagging report. They will inevitably miss some issues...but they are still worth the money. 4. Financially, use your own independant solicitor, not one from the builder. 5. Every article I read advised that you do not need a structural survey because of the NHBC guarantee. Believe, me....you do need a full structural survey. We learnt the hard way!! 6. We had a long list of items that were referred to NHBC. During the resolution meeting, we were told that they never address the entire list. They normally only require the builder to address the larger issues. To me....bowing internal and external walls are a large issue but according to NHBC, this is within their tolerance levels and therefore, do not need to be addressed. 7. According to the NHBC, sulfate attack and crumbling mortar joints are also not a major issue. Apparently, most of it is just efflorescence....despite an experts report stating that it is sulfate attack. 8. Be aware - You have no rights when you buy a newbuild!!!
Report this content Stela1 Written on: 07/04/2014
thanks very much bindu4076 for your help. Can I ask: When can we ask for a professional snugging report? They have been advised that the house will be ready first week of June. Do we have the right to employ a constructor to check the house prior to move in? Thanks again
Report this content bindu4076 Written on: 07/04/2014
In reply...they cannot stop you from employing and sending a construction expert whilst it is being built. You may just have to give them notice of the dates when the expert is going to visit the site. If you do go down this route, you may not need a full structural survey....as your expert will have monitored the build at various stages. A snagging experts can be found by googling the term "snagging inspector or expert". Some good surveying companies also now offer this service. I would also look on the snagging site to get more information on buying a new build which includes a forum about the various builders and issues that new build have had during the buying process as well as problems they have had after buying their new build. Also, find your snagging inspector well in advance so that you can get him/her to carry out the snagging survey as the builder gives you notice that the property is now ready and they are ready to complete the purchase. This way you can sometimes negotiate for a lot of the snagging issues to be done before you complete therefore avoiding the upheaval of having contractors running through your property in the first few days of your moving in. You will need this time to 'run the house in' as you will still find more snags after you move in. We found that one of the taps in a hand basin had not been tightened properly so that we literally had 'Niagara fall' in the bathroom when we turned the tap on. Insist that the snagging inspector turns all the lights and taps on....runs the water, check that hot & cold are fitted correctly, radiators are level, etc.
Report this content bindu4076 Written on: 08/04/2014
Another thing to consider is that you may want to accompany the snagging inspector on his survey so that you can see what kind of issues he is looking for.
Report this content Stela1 Written on: 08/04/2014
bindu4076 : You have been very helpful. I have already quoted regarding snagging reports as it is almost time to start checking the quality of the house. Although the house construction has already started (the roof to be placed in the next couple of weeks), I believe that it would be plenty of time as the house should be ready in June.
Report this content chips55 Written on: 08/04/2014
Nigel, Apr 08 11:08: Hello I am not a Bellway buyer but live opposite to a Bellway site so cannot comment on living in a Bellway home. The homes that Bellway have built opposite to us 46 semi and detached homes and 60 flats have taken over 2 years to build and should be completed this month, many have been occupied for a year, in this time Bellway have been in to fix various small problems, velux roof windows, guttering and the odd fire alarm but overall I believe most buyers seem to be happy with their purchases. No homes have gone back on the market. If I lived on this site I might gripe about the lack of parking spaces and the lack of space but a now a days you pay for what you get. Bellway as with any company is really about pleasing their shareholders they do not want bad publicity. I wish you well in your new home.
Report this content Stela1 Written on: 09/04/2014
chips55 - Thanks for your information. Is the Bellway site in Scotland you are talking about? I contacted Bellways today to check whether they have any problems to hire a snagging report surveyor and they advised we can go and speak with their advisor as their construction quality is great and there are lot of people who take care about our house. They also suggest not to loose our money. However, I do not trust them and I will try to convince them that we need to get informed from sb that we trust in.
Report this content Js072014 Written on: 12/04/2014
Not sure they let anyone on property for snagging or anything else until you complete and get the keys. However I still understand they have to allow time after paying them to put right snagging issues. I am told a full structural survey is a waste of money after reading some horrendous reviews I must say I am considering it
Report this content bainbria Written on: 15/04/2014
Can you pay to upgrade from silver to gold standard?
Asked by Jean.hamlin on 16th March 2014 Report this content
We have bin stores on our Bellway estate in Green Park Warmley, Bristol. Are they meant for use by all residents, as I was informed by the manager of the site when I moved in? Or just for residents without gardens?

Report this content danis0476 Written on: 17/03/2014
I am sorry I don't know the answer to this as we don't have bin stores on our street.
Report this content LaluaF Written on: 17/03/2014
Hi there. My complex is mainly houses so cannot answer but I think you should contact your managing agent yourself or bellway's customer service, so they can give you an answer on your specific development.
Report this content Frenchay Written on: 27/03/2014
Hi, I too have a house on the Green Park development, I think you will find that the bin stores are only for the owners who don't have gardens. The reason being that there is no where else for them to store their bins and these stores are provided so that the bins can be kept out of sight in order to keep the development looking clean and tidy.