Redrow Homes www.redrow.co.uk

1.6

Redrow Homes www.redrow.co.uk - Ask a question now

“The sales lady at Redrow at the Maltings at Haddenham...”

written by on 05/04/2024

The sales lady at Redrow at the Maltings at Haddenham and previously near Bicester is a walking encyclopaedia. What she doesn't know about the company's offering isn't worth knowing. She guided us through the reservation process with aplomb. Throughout the whole specifying process, she knew exactly what was available, often without the need to refer to computerised data. Everything is performed in a friendly yet professional manner. If only there were more like her.

“Horrendous experience of Redrow”

written by Christie161 on 09/05/2023

Without a doubt the worst customer services experience of my life. 4 and a half years after purchasing our 'forever' Redrow home, our snagging list is still outstanding. We have experienced over 10 leaks, a damaged kitchen worktop, cracked floor tiles in the bathrooms and kitchen, and many many more significant issues. The majority of these problems are still outstanding. Customer services is disgraceful. Often months pass before emails are responded to. When responses are received, Redrow seldom address all the points and or have incorrect / incomplete records. As an example, the last 'repair' that was performed on our bathroom floor was botched over a 2 years ago. A tiler 'resolved' the issue over 1 year later. It became apparent within a few days that the tiler had 'covered over' several tiles he had cracked. It took 10 months before another tiler came out to replace the tiles Redrow cracked. 1 week later 2 tiles came loose. We are still waiting for this to be resolved. Our latest leak is from our ensuite. We have experienced 5 leaks from the same bathroom. Redrow simply aren't interested in resolving these recurring issues. Remedial work is usually performed to a terrible standard. I strongly recommend not buying a Redrow property. The whole experience has been truly awful and has resulted in us wanting to move homes.

“Poor after sales customer service”

written by PeteP1 on 26/02/2023

The first thing I would like to say is that I love my new home and the development so why such a low score. Redrow after sales care/customer service. If you are short on time 3 things to be aware of: 1: Get a professional snagging list completed. 2. Don’t waste your money on paying for a lawn. 3. When all fails with Redrow’s customer service make a Subject Access Request. Snagging List: We had 171 snags identified, some minor cosmetic fixes however some were more serious. When raising snags with Redrow be prepared to face frustrations. It took us 8 months of chasing to get things rectified. We provided Redrow with our snagging list report, for whatever reason they only passed on some of the issues to the site to rectify. Months of chasing, resubmitting the issues individually on their website chasing again and again because they mysteriously disappeared from the website. The first customer service manager visited to check on the issues and suggested we get a magic sponge to remove the sticky residue left on the windows after the sparkle clean and couldn’t understand how they had missed so many issues (I was too polite to point out the obvious). After months and months of chasing, emailing the Managing Director and a visit from a second customer service manager Redrow finally rectified most of our snags. Lawn: Do not waste you money on getting a lawn laid, ours was uneven, lumpy, bumpy and dangerous (roding eye cover missing) when we raised the issue with Redrow they were not interested in resolving the issue. At first I was impressed they sent the landscaping company to visit who agreed the lawn needed replacing. After months and months of chasing, Redrow decided that all they would offer was for the lawn to be filled and dressed even though the landscaper had said this wouldn’t solve the issue. Subject Access Request: You are entitled to know what personal data Redrow hold on you, letter templates can be found on the internet. Redrow have one month to supply the data and it may provide you with the information you need to get your issues resolved. In summary, great house, development and customer service from their sales agents but after they have your money the customer service is lacking.

“Awful customer service and repairs to faulty work ”

written by Stevep1971 on 22/07/2022

AWFUL customer service for repairs and resolution to faulty installation … The sales team provided truly excellent service and we wrote a positive review. Sadly, the customer service to resolve issues has been nothing short of appalling. We had damp in our en-suite. It took 18 months to have reparative work approved, further two months for work to start and after 3 months of the bathroom being ripped out we still don’t have a completed or even usable bathroom. Hours spent chasing appointments, contractors not turning up, delays, total frustration and lack of understanding of the impact of the situation. Not helped by the fact that other work which was agreed months ago hasn’t been completed. Garage looks like a building site. Shame that good work of some is undermined by the appalling work of others. *contractors who have attended have always been professional and helpful- it’s the organisation and project Management from commercial and customer services that’s the issue. No idea how formal complaint will be addressed because Nobody is interested

“Immoral price increases”

written by JoDevon on 28/01/2022

Immoral price increases I have recently tried to secure a Redrow home at Saxon brook. I went to view a property that had previously sold only 6 weeks earlier but that sale had fallen through. only to be told the price was now £20k more…. I wrote to Redrow to query this and to try and understand how this huge increase could be correct. No real interest to help me was shown and I felt fobbed of. Surely when trying to buy a house worth over £600k a little more care and concern should be shown. If they can’t treat potential customers right I’d dread to think how they would treat you once they have your money.

Shar2607's Response to JoDevon's Review

Written on: 13/04/2022

We are presently buying a Redrow home, they have you over a barrel, we purchased 5k of extras ( downlights, kitchen items etc) apparently they needed payment immediately, even though the house isn’t ready until July and this was in January! Apparently, if you don’t exchange or your house sale falls through you do not get any money back. Redrow keep your money, the additions to the house and the add an additional fee on to the house in a case near to ours 10k. We are now learning we are on a private road and will be responsible for the maintenance. We are seriously considering pulling out even though we invested already.

Jodevon's reply to Shar2607's Comment

Written on: 13/04/2022

Omg, this is awful! I’m so shocked by how Redrow seem to continue to treat their customer.
Your experience sounds very stressful and unreasonable. I really hope you can resolve things to your satisfaction . X

“..honestly i cant really Put my experience with the...”

written by Olu-R on 17/01/2022

..honestly i cant really Put my experience with the amazing lady into words. Is Her work ethics, her soft words, her professional approach to issues, her manners i can go on and on - these tribute are what makes A WORKER. she has been an absolute perfect person from the first day of my view in Regent Quay till the last. she's defo the FACE OF RedRow, she finds everything easy and her communication skills...perfect. Can i just also say she makes things so easier, she never finds any question wrong question..she will always answer. i will definitely recommend her to everyone and i will sure be more than glad to work with her in future. My experience in Regent Quay sittingborn has sure made perfect because of this amazing worker. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOU DO.

“WORST EXPERIENCE OF OUR LIFES”

written by on 13/10/2021

YOU MUST READ!! Avoid, Avoid! One of the worst experiences Of our life’s buying a redrow home, one year later review, we have had nothing but problems, we have had electrics with no earch that could of killed someone! We have had blocked drains, sewage backing up in to the house and burst out on the the front of the house on to the lawn, no working fridge freezer for 3 months, no working dishwasher for 3 months, no extractor fan for 3 months, all our drains are not level, waiting in for a whole year for different trade peoples that don’t turn up, all kitchen units a different shade of colour, redrow will do what they can to get a good review on the NHBC Inc a few sweeteners which we fell for as a way of compensation to get a good review that would make out that they were perfect, this is unfair on other Builders that do a honest job, customers get blackmailed to give a good review, I am now taking this further and going to the papers, save your money and don’t buy a redrow home!!!

“A ruined experience”

written by Mitz77 on 11/04/2021

Redrow have almost perfected the sales process. Consequently, review sites like Trustpilot show skewed ratings, because they encourage everyone to review the very early stages of moving into a new home. When they are still paying attention, committed to fixing snags. Then they pass you onto Customer "Care" and the hellish part of the journey begins. The subcontractors they send out to "investigate", by the Customer Care Senior Manager himself, saying I could speak to the Design/technical dept, when he knew full well it wouldn't happen, by sham landscapers exposing a chunk of mud calling it topsoil and ignoring debris that shouldn't exist down to 300mm, by being told one of their contractors had gone out of business, so wouldn't be able to replace a door!! In the beginning, after the standard 200 or so minor snags/cosmetic retouches, the bigger problems started. 1. Drains blocking 4 times in 2 years, twice causing our heating to pack up at the same time, because for some crazy reason, they've fitted condensation boilers. On a construction site. genius thinking. 2. Grass doesn't grow in some patches, they signed off on the back garden and failed to fully investigate why it doesn't grow properly at the front. just failed to investigate. 3. They installed three defective letterboxes (not air-tight in installation, faulty brushes falling out causing constant draughts), and have now washed their hands of it, refusing to give me a solid front door, so I don't have to duct-tape a useless letterbox, destroying "kerb appeal" of the front entrance. 4. The house interior reaches temperatures of 29° to 33°C, that stay at that level for weeks, during a common "heatwave" (no more than 26° outside). I get daily headaches, nausea , dizziness being prone to heatstroke. I can't sleep because it is so hot, which makes the illness worse, and I haven't been able to cook, because adding another source of heat would be insanity. It is not really surprising given the amount of glass in the Heritage range, yet they have refused to investigate, having signed off on a certificate stating there is "insignificant risk of overheating". It has happened both summers we have been here. Neighbours have the same issue, and are considering air/con, but we can't afford that. Redrow are actually not even acknowledging there is a problem. If they are going to build death traps, they might look at the appropriate type of glass or heat-rejecting technology, but they're stuck in the dark ages from a construction point of view. Design's no better. There isn't even a window in the kitchen. The kitchen?! What use is just French doors in the thick of winter or rain, when you just need a window on vent? A three-year old draws a kitchen with a window, so what staggering unintelligence led to this design? They are morally bankrupt, and lacking all compassion, covering up for badly designed and built houses. the NHBC needs to survey homeowners again after two years, five years and ten years. Since the government aren't exactly in a hurry to reform building regs and hold the developers accountable. Go for a larger developer because the negative press stands to impact on them, and they have a reputation to protect. Redrow are too small and think they can get away with any level of ignorance and neglect.

“Sales agent ”

written by Kiranj on 24/01/2021

Went to have a discussion about investing in Redrow Allerton gardens . We were on time but the saleslady was running late so another sales lady attended to us . She made us wait outside despite the snow and us having an appointment for a few minutes . After going in the office it was not a fruitful experience . As soon as we told her our budget of 750 000 she was wanting to end discussion that our budget was not high enough . I felt she was not interested and a bit biased . We urged to atleast have a look at the show room but her rhetoric was it’s out of our budget as it’s 850 000 . I had to say In the end that if I like the place , we can stretch our budget ! it felt , As if I was the salesperson, that’s their job to inspire , to get a sale !!! Absolutely un- inspired . I was hoping to enter and love the place and book ourselves in , but the sales ladies attitude has turned us off completely. They were not even trying to make a sale ! If that’s the attitude now how will it be in future if there are issues

“Very bad customer service”

written by TerrellRay on 11/12/2020

Extremely bad customer service at the Silverend development in Essex. They were very uninterested and unhelpful and left me doing all the chasing. Not sure if this could be some sort of bias towards women/samesex couples but we were in a position to proceed with proof of deposit in the bank and nothing our end to sell. With a mortgage in principal already in place before We viewed so I can only put it down to some kind of bias? Homophobia? They didn’t appear to want our custom so we will go elsewhere. Be warned

Jodevon's Comment

Written on: 28/01/2022

This is very interesting, I’ve also tried to buy a Redrow home and we had the same experience…. We are also a female same sex couple.

“Poor quality and not interested.”

written by JuliePowers343 on 24/07/2020

I have been complaining about the poor quality of the soundproofing between my house and the adjoining property. All I have had is a test carried out an email to say it passed regulations. If hearing your neighbours talking, snoring and having your 7-year-old daughter woken up constantly because of these issues as adequate then I have spent very unwisely; incidentally, the neighbours agree and have had the same issues. I am not going to let this go as I feel I have spent a lot of money on a house which fails to provide the basics. Interestingly, there are other sites that provide similarly poor feedback on a list of issues.

“Embarrassing build quality, pathetic customer service. ”

written by arhysd on 29/06/2020

I'm sure many people have a good experience with their Redrow property. I wouldn't dare say that every home they build is bad but, please read reviews from people who have had a negative experiences too. We own a Redrow property, we are the 2nd owners of the house. There is an issue with the original build quality. Let me make this clear - it is not an issue that has got worse over time, it was very poor workmanship when the house was first built. You can't blame the materials or the process, the roof was never made watertight because the underlay felt was cut short leaving a gap between our home and nextdoor, where you can literally look out and see the sky. So, would Redrow come and put right something that was clearly not done right in the original build? This is their reputation at stake. Would they just do the right thing? It would be a very small cost to them to put it right. Well, obviously from the 1 star (and I really wish there was a minus star rating) they couldn't give a damn. They told me that someone had been out with the NHBC inspector to look at the issue and they didn't see it was their problem. I let the NHBC inspector in, I went in the attic with him....fairly sure he was alone....and even apologised that Redrow had declined the offer to be present. The NHBC report explains the problem with the original build so don't think I'm making this point from an unqualified point of view. If you want to deal with people with zero morals - Redrow are for you. As you will see from many other reviews, their customer service team are an absolute shambles. They are employed purely to tell you that Redrow will do nothing to help you and then completely blank you. The best thing would be for this company to go out of business so they can't damage family life for anyone else. Despicable company and staff.

“Redrow, failing on every level”

written by on 10/06/2020

Redrow Regent Quays Sittingbourne. Misleading information, serious concerns and breaches in health and safety, total disregard for children and the disabled to name a few. I moved into my house in February in the whole process leading up to the exchange of contacts I was very clear that I have three children one of whom relies on a wheelchair on occasion and when not in use has serious mobility concerns, my other son has brittle asthma. Redrow confirmed throughout that there would be a completed road immediately outside my driveway. I moved in to find the areas is a building site, when raised I was informed that this would be the case for the foreseeable future. The area on the road outside the properties is what you would expect from a construction yard with heavy machinery moving up and down at speeds which exceeds 5mp breaching health and safety laws and would not be able to stop, posing serious risk to life and property. Upon raising these concerns on numerous occasions and behaviours continuing I was left with no alternative then to raise with HSE. Due to the condition of the area Redrow offered to reimburse for both my car and window being cleaned on a regular basis I submitted the claim in march which they still have not reimbursed. Both my car and windows are now damaged due to the movement of machinery, debris flies off on a regular basis and the rubbish from the site workers is non-stop, gates are left open allowing for anyone to access the site. What isn’t freely shared with prospective buyers is that Redrow do not lay turf however due to the concerns raised I have not been able to allow my children to play outside on the private green area. My garden fence is rotten, the cracks and nail holes are horrific in every room and rapidly getting worse due to the constant machinery movement outside, Redrow take no accountability for cracks etc and therefore on the owner to repair. Knowing my concerns for my children’s wellbeing and not being able to open my windows due to noise and dust Redrow offered to lay turf which I initially felt was reasonable HOWEVER they then placed the condition that this would only happen if I gave the NHCB survey a 10/10 rating. They have failed to give a date to lay the turf and I have arranged it myself for which they refuse to compensate towards. I could go on with both concerns surround the property and area. I have been in tears on more than one occasion and regret the purchase.

“DO NOT BUY A REDROW HOME!!!!”

written by RMacdonald on 25/01/2020

5 years in and we're still finding major issues there since build!! 5 years in and we're still finding major issues with our new" home and now were in 2020 we though we'd have the FIRST year in this house with no major work being required to fix major issues!! Newest issue is a bowed roof in 2 places ..except it's not a new issue and has been there since we bought it but we never noticed it ...someone else did now as it appears worse (it's a 3 storey house). Of course, Redrow don't want to know so over to the NHBC but if Redrow think this is the end of it, they have another thing coming. Don't think it's related to them forgetting to insulate the room at all anyway! (early issue, noticed during a snowy winter). People on here with good homes are unbelievably lucky and I hope it lasts for them but this is not the experience of our whole Estate! - please do not buy a Redrow house!

“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

written by Middletonhk154 on 30/04/2019

Pathetic excuse of a home builder, I cannot warn people enough about avoiding. Will tell you you are wrong when they are caught out! Communication abysmal. Customer service non existent. If you pay for it, or are promised it then there is a very good chance you won’t have it. Do yourself a favour and avoid!

“Customer Services ”

written by Zion438 on 18/04/2019

Customer Services is extremely poor. Had several issues with the house for more than a year now (Hamilton, Leicester). I kept emailing them every week for follow up, only to be ignored countless times. One of the most unprofessional group of people I have ever encountered in my life for sure (Tamworth Customer Service). Definitely a big regret for me for choosing Redrow homes. I would not recommend them 100%. They are very good in initially selling a house but very poor on after sales service.

“Untrustworthy ”

written by Middleton464 on 28/01/2019

I loved my Redrow home. I’m lucky enough to have bought before erroneous management charges became acceptable practice. Much of the development that I live on, pay a charge on top of their council tax for management of green spaces and parks. I have a play park in front of my house others on later stages are paying for it at the moment, until it gets adopted. I’m paying in terms of lack of privacy and noise. My issue with Redrow is, their sales representative warranted verbally and in writing, that the planned park was not going to be installed. Indeed it wasn’t installed for over four years. It has not been done sympatheticly. Despite the privacy and noise issues, Redrow have dismissed the whole issue. They might have remedied it sensibly before I was forced to take legal steps. Such a shame, that I was treated like this in order to make a sale.

Ladyeastern's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2019

We share the same experience. I suspect the same sales advisor gave us the same promise. The park is a disgrace. They don’t manage it well. It was a lovely spot and we feel utterly lied to in order to get the sale. I know a neighbour has tried reasoning with Redrow to at least make this park fit in and they have been dismissive. This could have been a good news story for them but sadly they seem to be morally lacking.

“Redrow Homes experience”

written by Mariei324 on 22/01/2019

Having read all the negative reviews we were a little bit dubious about purchasing a Redrow home but after reserving our home at Abbey Farm Swindon and its been nothing but a pleasure, the whole journey has been great, the sales ladies have been helpful and informative and we were invited to a little welcome party to meet our new neighbours, a lovely touch and what you'd expect purchasing a premium product. After completion we have a few snags that have been dealt with quickly a couple that took a bit longer but we had plenty of updates from the site team so its not been a problem, the site team and any contractors who have had to visit our home have always been courteous and polite. As the site is progressing the 'street scene' as Redrow call it is looking pretty and we are proud to invite our friends around to our new home and they have all been really impressed by the Redrow finish and have said exceptional for a new build. The building site its self is always neat and tidy not like Tadpole Garden Village which is always covered in mud. We looked at a Linden House at the same time and although they were offering us a really good deal we decided that the Redrow house was nicer and they layout suits us perfectly, the quality is second to none and you defiantly get what you pay for. We are glad that we did as now living on site we have heard plenty of horror stories from our Linden Neighbours of the never ending snags some very major. My advice is that yes do your research but keep in mind that the people who have had a bad experience are much more likely to shout about it than those who have had an exceptionally good experience so I wanted to tell you all about our brilliant Redrow Journey.

“Shoddy poorly designed”

written by Brewer200 on 24/11/2018

I refer to Hemisphere, Edgbaston one of the worst constructions ever. Matchbox and cheap, no interest or care in anything. Thankfully no regs so they do as they please. Bunch of rogues, cashing in on taxpayer backed pyramid schemes aka first time buyer. Building awful that will not last ten years. Who do these people consult on their building and who signs the awful. they put together. Awful, stay away. Just look at hemisphere, worst place ever, lousy design, cheap material and zero care for occupants.

“beautiful house but so many problem”

written by ArielWyatt on 26/12/2017

Bought this house show home 2 years ago with furniture found experience so many problem in a house and now dishwasher still can't use yet and they did sent engineer but he doesn't know how to make it work.

Asked by Mumsincharge on 1st February 2019 Report this content
Do they give a firm move in dates so that all people in the chain can work to a specific date to move?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site