Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Summary

Previously known as the All Floors. Features: Washable HEPA filter, Root Cyclone technology, telescopic wand, 1.3 litre capacity, combination tool.

For the pet hair friendly model see Dyson Ball DC25 Animal reviews.

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

Dyson Ball DC25 Multi Floor

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“DC25 - Worst vacuum cleaner on the planet?”

Written on: 16/11/2014 by Drplanecrazy (1 review written)

My very reliable DC07 eventually experienced total electrical burn out. So, off to my local retail park for a replacemnt. I chose the DC25 - and have regretted that decision ever since. The hose is far too tightly coiled. It will not reach to the top of my stairs (3 risers short), where the 07 managed to get to the top with no difficulty. When using the hose on the level the main unit chases you as soon as you get past 50% of the coiled length. Then it tips over and that cleverly designed spear… Read Full Review

“Less than 2 years old. ”

Written on: 02/05/2014 by JaydinTorres99 (1 review written)

Absolutely shocking quality, within months it became rickety and now the motor in the power head has given up, not what one expects for the price would I recommend it to any person looking for a hoover, absolutely not… Read Full Review

“Brush function failed in less than 30 days!!!”

Written on: 26/01/2013 by Thehub (1 review written)

Letter actually written to Dyson - actually 6th letter asking for help!! Dyson- Here we go once again!!!! Here is a photo of the Dyson that I recently purchased for your company that possibly has the worst customer service EVER!!! I am sending a photo of where you have told me numerous times to look for the so called serial number that I need in order to get any kind of help at all!!! THERE IS NO SERIAL NUMBER ON MY MACHINE!!! Do you understand this. I have a new (purchased in November for… Read Full Review

“You need the warrenty just to keep it going”

Written on: 19/06/2012

Beware of the DC25 it works for a year, then it problems after problems! This is a poorly designed machine, which isnt upto the job unless you live on your own with no pets or children. In a two year and a half, my DC25 has broken down 4 time. I bought the dyson as i believe it would be a good work horse, but i spent over three hundred pounds on a poor machine. The customer service is awful as well, the worse i ever had. Personal i feel dyson are ill equipped to deal with customers. Please… Read Full Review

Oviecarroll's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2012

dyson DC 25 is a great vaccum cleaner for floors not worth or anthing else Would nor recomment this for other purposes
You can vaccum bed easlily you can not clen fans blades with it
The main reason is that the hose is too stiff and suction will not let you used for anyother purpose BEWARE OF THIS BEFORE YOU PURCHASED FOR ANYTHING BUT FLOORS
ovie in Tennessee

Written on: 25/06/2013

Obviously no good for my use then.

Written on: 25/06/2013

Well thanks for the tip. Dyson's are supposed to be the best, but also the most expensive. Your review has certainly given me room for thought, before even thinking about buying one.

“Not for Asthmatics”

Written on: 22/03/2012 by Bluesherpa (1 review written)

Don't buy this if you are an asthmatic. As the exhaust air from the ball blows on the floor blowing all the dust into the air. This is not good for asthmatics as breathing it the dust can cause and Asthma attack. One of the worst Dyson buys I have made. It’s a very expensive door stop. I just wish we had realised what the problem was and taken it back as unsuitable, but we left it to long and Dyson were not sympathetic to our problem. I wonder if other people have had the same problem as all… Read Full Review

Billgr's Response to Bluesherpa's Review

Written on: 15/05/2012

It's too bad you didn't act right away and return the Dyson when you used it the first time.

Johnwataboy's reply to Billgr's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

Yes, unfortunately. Now it looks as if it's ready for the rubbish tip.

Johnwataboy's Response to Bluesherpa's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Thanks for the information. I 'm getting to learn more and more about Dyson and their attitude to dissatisfied customers. Sounds as if Dyson's are not a very good company to deal with after all. I shall follow your advice.

Read 3 Comments

“This is my first Dyson. I borrowed a friend's DC24...”

Written on: 03/04/2011 by charleygeorge (1 review written)

This is my first Dyson. I borrowed a friend's DC24 and loved it. Thought I would go one better with the DC25 as I have a hairy cat but am disappointed. Not very easy to manoevre and heavy. Needs emptying frequently. Some reviewers state the hose will not reach many stairs; I am wondering if they are omitting to attach the tube to the hose? The machine is not steady when using attachments. I have not yet tried to clean walls or ceilings and am rather dreading this. Are these machines… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to charleygeorge's Review

Written on: 05/09/2011

hi
I am reading reviews trying to decide. I read you comment, the DC24 (2.6m)has a shorter hose than that of the DC25(4.4) hence the 24 will not reach up a standard stair case.
good review though

Johnwataboy's reply to Guest's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

THANKS FOR THE MENTION OF THE DIFFERENCE BETEEN THE DC24 AND THE DC 25. IN REACHING UP THE STAIRS. I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND AT FIRST, BUT NOW YOUR EXPLANATION IS 'STAIRING ME IN THE FACE"

Johnwataboy's Response to charleygeorge's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Sound as if you bought a pig in a pork charley

Read 3 Comments

“The Dyson 25 multi floor vacuum cleaner is a complete...”

Written on: 18/03/2011

The Dyson 25 multi floor vacuum cleaner is a complete waste of money; It's heavy, bulkly & incredibly unwieldy. I had the original Dyson for over 15 years & loved it but, like one of the other reviewers, this one I would chuck out of the window if I could afford it. It is also USELESS for under beds; the huge ball means it will not fit and if you detach the handle, the large 'handle loop' is also too large; if you turn the handle parallel with the floor then the attachment is floating around in… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

YOU'VE SAID IT ALL. SOUNDS AS IF IT'S AS MUCH USE AS A CHOCOLATE FRYING PAN. ALSO VERY HEAVY.
IF EVER YOU ARE ABLE TO AFFORD IT, AND CHUCK YOUR DYSON OUT OF THE WINDOW, THEN BE CAREFUL THAT THERE'S NOBODY PASSING BY UNDERNEATH.

Read 2 Comments

“I HATE this vacuum, I am so disappointed, a waste of...”

Written on: 15/03/2011

I HATE this vacuum, I am so disappointed, a waste of money. We have a small dog and it wont pick up any hairs at all. I didn't buy the "pet" version as never had a problem before with my previous dysons. It wont pick up fluff from socks either. Don't get one!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Well, Dyson's are playing clever now. They manufacture a cleaner for every particular use. A bit of a confidence trick I think. It's too bad you are going to have to wear slippers around the house

Read 1 Comment

“I bought this vacuum to replace an ageing DC04. I am...”

Written on: 11/03/2011

I bought this vacuum to replace an ageing DC04. I am surprised at how poor this cleaner is in comparison, it is difficult to push especially on carpet being heavy and difficult to steer. The suction is awful, considering this is the "animal" version. I complained to Dyson and they only suggested selling me more items to go with it, such as an extension to the telescopic hose which is too short to reach 2/3 the way up my stairs, I only live in a small council house!! The electrical cord is at… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

You should have bought a DC10....they simply fly up the stairs.

Read 1 Comment

“DC25 does not lift carpet, our pet will use his claws...”

Written on: 10/01/2011

DC25 does not lift carpet, our pet will use his claws on the carpet, will not remove claw marks by lifting the carpet.Mats down the carpet cannot deep clean. I hate that I spent this much money. What a waste of money. do not walk on carpet will note lift imprints. you need to remove hose to add enough suction. I want my money back. My old sears vaccum works better.that it does not remove imprints from carpet… Read Full Review

Want your money back ??? You have no chance with Dyson's

Read 1 Comment

“Waste of money. Having had Dysons for many years I...”

Written on: 08/12/2010 by carrie1234 (1 review written)

Waste of money. Having had Dysons for many years I thought the DC25 would be as good as the preceding models: it is not. The back stand broke within weeks, as other reviewers have written the hose pulls the machine over and the container is tiny. When it actually works, it picks up ok, but I HATE IT WITH A PASSION. If I had enough money to chuck it out of a window, jump on the pieces and buy a different vacuum I would do it today. No, yesterday. Save yourself the bother and get something else… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to carrie1234's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

I doubt if you will get Mr Dyson to come round and see the rubbish your machine is. He is in China now creating more rubbish, but at a cheaper price.

Read 1 Comment

“I purchased this DC25 All floors hoover 12 months ago,...”

Written on: 04/10/2010 by jones9567 (1 review written)

I purchased this DC25 All floors hoover 12 months ago, and what aload of rubbish it is. I have had 2 replacement hoses in this time, because it is not long enough for the stairs, and when stretched it has flew of which is dangerous and snapped. I had my old Dyson DC07 for 7 years and it was brilliant, I wish I had stuck to the original model rather than this pile of junk. If thinking of buying one don't bother!!… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to jones9567's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

You should n' t associate the word 'hoover' with or alongside Dyson. They are two different manufacturers. The good old Hoover' being the better of the two

Read 1 Comment

“i bought this dyson dc 25 and i hate it . if i am...”

Written on: 28/06/2010

i bought this dyson dc 25 and i hate it . if i am vacuming the furniture and pull on the hose ,it falls over. the first time i used it ,it refused to stand up .i went back to my good dependable kirby . the dyson is laying on its side out in the barn . it is a piece of junk and money wasted.it wasn't even worth the star they required me to give… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Best place for it. It's an animal of a cleaner

Read 1 Comment

“Just bought and put together the Dyson DC25. It is...”

Written on: 28/03/2010

Just bought and put together the Dyson DC25. It is dreadful. The machine has to be right next to you when using the hose. The hose has no stretch and when you do stretch it the whole machine is pulled over or bangs into you. The machine is very noisy and is flimsy.
I bought this to replace a similar, Hoover version, which I bought for £100 a few years ago and Dyson DC25 is not a patch on the old Hoover. I am so annoyed I with myself for not reading the reviews on here first. They are so… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

It beats me as to why they charge so much for a Dyson also. You should have stuck with the 'old J Edgar'. You can't beat the old HOOVER

Read 1 Comment

“We bought a DC25 a couple of months ago. No...”

Written on: 06/03/2010 by prettyperky (1 review written)

We bought a DC25 a couple of months ago. No complaints about suction. We have a large staircase and the Dyson just will not reach, despite the 10m hose - I have to physically heave the whole machine from step to step to clean the carpet.
I threw the thing down in some anger yesterday when trying to clean behind our bed as I just could not reach without the Dyson 'treading on my heels' and even then the attachments are so narrow that any sort of vacuuming is difficult and not user-friendly. I… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to prettyperky's Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

"THING - THING".. Just how can you describe a top of the range Dyson as a "THING".

As for you throwing this machine down in anger...have you ever thought of throwing it out of the window like other reviewers thought about doing.?

Read 1 Comment

“"the vacuum thats sucks??" NO! it is the vacuum that...”

Written on: 07/11/2009

"the vacuum thats sucks??" NO! it is the vacuum that blows...works great on carpet but NOT on hard surfaces......I chase the hair and fuzz around and I can see it fly into the air trying to get it in the vacuum! What manufacturer puts the exhaust in the front.......NOT WORTH THE HYPE AND MONEY.....I have done better with a Dirt Devil.....just throw IT out in two years and get a new one. A person would still be farther ahead...I paid $650.00 for a DC25… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

I can give you one manufacturer that puts their exhaust in front.....and that's Massey Fergusson Tractor and cultivator, but that does not suck up the dirt, it digs up the dirt.

Read 1 Comment

“the dyson ball is to heavy to use.my back and wrist...”

Written on: 16/09/2009

the dyson ball is to heavy to use.my back and wrist ache during and after use. it needs to be emptied after a couple of rooms. I dont find it flexible ,the wand is hard to take out/put back. Very disappointed.Dislike it so much am saving up for a new different cleaner,which will probabaly be an older version of a dyson… Read Full Review

“Can't believe the advertisement swayed me to spend...”

Written on: 05/03/2009

Can't believe the advertisement swayed me to spend $500 on the Dyson DC25 'all floors' vacuum. Previous Hoovers, with or without self propelled were much easier to handle and did just as well on carpet and bare floors and would lay flatter to reach under chairs, tables, etc. Very disappointed in my self for purchasing… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/06/2013

Oh well, once bitten, twice shy. Don't buy one again.