Orlando, Sea World Aquatica Reviews

Orlando, Sea World Aquatica - Ask a question now

“Oatly is so delicious. And it is natural and healthy...”

Written on: 05/11/2013 by hearmyheart (4 reviews written)

Oatly is so delicious. And it is natural and healthy food. I am somewhat addicted to it.

“miserable staff”

Written on: 27/06/2013

Worst park we have ever been to in terms of customer relations. It starts at the bag check. Unpleasant staff who seem to be adopting their own versions of the park entry rules regarding taking in your own food. Some people seem to be allowed into the park with as much food as they like. In our case we had a handful of crisps (potatoe chips) left in a bag which had 3 ounces printed on it. This is not allowed according to their rules. Despite the fact that there was not 3 ounces in the bag. We attempted to seek an explanation from a manager when we eventually got into the park through the shambolic card scanners which cannot read your tickets. The manager was a lady who did not want to hear our comments and insisted that ALL bags are checked before entry. We told her that we had witnessed people being allowed in without bags being checked. She said that would not be the case and contradicted what we were saying. Wrong. We were allowed in without one of our bags being checked. We did not see one member of staff smiling in Aquatica for the whole day we spent there. In fact several staff members were rude to us and other customers alike who were also commenting about this. There are some underlying problems here with staff relations as there is a definate contrast to the way customers are treated in Discovery Cove and Seaworld. We highly recommend Discovery Cove in particular as you are treated like a v i p. We will never return to Aquatica

“great fun love this water park”

Written on: 15/07/2012 by twinniereview (1 review written)

Went here in August 2009 and again in july 2011. Both times were great. We combinded this ticket with a Seaworld ticket before we left UK so could return as many times as we liked during our 14 day stay. Particuarly loved the rapid rivers (a bit like a lazy river but only quicker! Wear a bouyancy aid that are supplied free of charge for a better experiance)They have a little kids section and bigger kids section so everyone is catered for. Both are loads of fun. Always managed to get a sun bed some where in the park and there are lockers (small charge) to put any valuables in. Only bad point is that for the bigger slides and rides the queues were long and not alot of shade so top the sun cream up before hand. But this was peck time so to be expected. A pair of flip flops is a good idea for any water park as the paths get very hot especially for kids. Would always return to this water park as it has different experiances to the other water parks in florida.

“This is a fantastic water park with great rides - but...”

Written on: 06/08/2010

This is a fantastic water park with great rides - but their policy on bringing in picnic food is inconsistent and ridiculous. You are allowed to take in as much water, 30g bags of crisps/peanuts and choc bars but not a small packet of sandwiches - the reason given was that the park is small and it was for the comfort of all visitors - why can't they be honest and admit is so that they can rip you off for unhealthy food served on non-recyclable plastic plates! This made our 2 trips v.expensive - plus the fact we were keen to have a healthy lunch.

“Do not go to this water park especially if you are a...”

Written on: 16/06/2010 by carlreich (1 review written)

Do not go to this water park especially if you are a Florida resident. We pulled into a one way entrance which goes to a parking fee gate of $12.00. You cannot get back out and there is no indication that the parking fee is there before you turn. OK, here's where the Florida resident, after 2, promotion is garbage. You have to pay $12 every time you enter with these passes. We went after 2pm, paid the $12 to park and while waiting in the slowest line in history to buy tickets it started thundering. NO REFUNDS silly Florida resident. We left without riding anything, wasted over an hour and a half. Don't get the bait and switch from Aquatica at Sea World.

“My most recent trip to Florida took me to Sea World's...”

Written on: 25/02/2010 by buttonmoon77 (14 reviews written)

My most recent trip to Florida took me to Sea World's new all singing and dancing water park Aquatica - as a non swimmer I do not normally entertain water parks but was curious to see what this one had to offer - and I am very pleased I did.
This park offers a great range of water slides and amusements that cater for every age range and desire.
So to start with my advice I have split my review into three sections - one for those of you who like thrill rides and slides, those who prefer something a bit tamer and then something for the kids or those of whom are more sun loungers than slide hounders!

Thrill rider/sliders

Dolphin Plunge - A fast paced exciting slide that is just as entertaining watching people coming out of the end as it is going on it! For the best view of the dolphins look to the left as you ride down. This ride, although the main attraction doesn't attract the biggest queues however I would still suggest doing this one as soon as you can as you will want to ride more than once.

Taumata Racer
A surprisingly air-time filled drop on this slide see's this one fall easily into the thrill seekers section. Try to do this slide early as the queues build up for this, especially as it is connected to two of the other slides at the park.

Tassies Twisters
I thought this one would fall into the section of the more tamer slides but after going on it you do need to be prepared for a bit of a ride on this one. My tip for this would be to hold yourself up a little bit if you can as you bottom can fall through the rubber ring and trust me it can burn on the
plastic slide!

Roa's Rapids
One suggestion - make sure you get yourself a life jacket! Even strong swimmers wear them on this as once you hit that current you will find it hard to navigate any sort of swimming in the right direction with the life jacket to stable you. Think of it like your riding the water rapids at Disney's Animal Kingdom without being in the boat!

Tamer Slides

Walhalla Wave
I put this under this section as it can be a bit hair raising - especially if there are only a couple of you in the rubber dingy as you get chucked around quite a lot - my suggestion is hold on tight and give this one a miss if you are a scared of dark enclosed spaces as the tunnel sections on this slide go pitch black and last for longer than you think.

Whanau Way
A good fast paced slide that doesn't get too busy so ride this one at leisure.

Kids slides and relaxing

Loggerhead Lane
Grab yourself a rubber ring and just past the time on a relaxing ride around this lazy river - only one thing to watch out for and that's a couple of strong currents you will hit on the way round but nothing you cant handle. Also as you come round to the section that goes under the bridge watch out for the water fall as you can get stuck under it especially in the rings - keep an eye on your kids near this bit as this is the only section I would say could be a bit of a problem.

Big Surf Shores
Take a dip in the waves or relax on the sun loungers, who needs the beach when you have this part of the park to top up your tan and cool off in the makeshift sea. - enough loungers to go around so you will always find somewhere nice to rest your legs and soak up the sun.

HooRoo Run
A nice slide to go on if you want a bit of fun without the air time and thrills that some of the others put you through. Ride this one early morning if you can, preferably as soon as you get there as this one gets very busy.

Walkabout Waters
The perfect kid location - your children will think they have found water heaven here. A playground on water they will not be disappointed and you will find that instead of the kids getting bored you will have to drag them away at the end of the day.

So to sum up - get there early, take advantage of the free water fountains around the park, hire yourself a locker they are well worth the dollars and make sure you ride the more busier slides in the morning and then sit back and relax on the lazy river and surf shore loungers in the afternoon with an ice cream and a book. Do not worry if you cant swim as you can pretty much ride all of these still without fear of feeling out of your depth, the only one I would say is a potential issue is Roa's Rapids but if you can stomach it with a life jacket you will be away no problems - well done Sea World you have created a park for young and old, strong swimmers and non swimmers - perfect!

“i thought aquatica is an amazing day for all the...”

Written on: 15/10/2009

i thought aquatica is an amazing day for all the family , i certainly enjoyed it!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2012

yea mhee 2

Read 1 Comment

“We go to Sea World Aquatica in Florida every year and...”

Written on: 24/08/2009

We go to Sea World Aquatica in Florida every year and have a seven year old. This is the best all round waterpark in Orlando. It doesn't have the big adult slides the other parks have, but its the best if you have kids. Theres plenty of rides for all the family and the largest area for smaller children. My seven year old can go on all but one ride, and its his favourite park. If you have no children then maybe the others may be better for you.

“me and my friend went to Sea World Aquatica and...”

Written on: 15/05/2009

me and my friend went to Sea World Aquatica and thought it was the worst water park out of all of the orlando ones. wet and wild is better and the disney water parks. we spent most of our time after battlin the queues for one go at everything floating around in the not so lazy river. which with a life jacket on (even though its only 3ft) is very enjoyable because u get jet perpelled around it if u hug the sides. but that was the only good aspect.

“what i liked about Sea World Aquatica, Orlanda was...”

Written on: 13/04/2009

what i liked about Sea World Aquatica, Orlanda was almost about everything people screaming and the splash it just blew me away thats all i want to say it was just so cool.

“You got in there and the queues were huge but they...”

Written on: 14/01/2009

You got in there and the queues were huge but they were over so fast. The rides were fab and the dolphins were cute. I expected there to be more animal attractions.

“We went to Orlando, Sea World Aquatica on 2nd January...”

Written on: 11/01/2009 by ren1969 (1 review written)

We went to Orlando, Sea World Aquatica on 2nd January 2009 having travelled from the UK to Orlando on Christmas day... and lasted just 2 hours before leaving. We did better than some though who came in after us and left before we did!

Some slides were closed, as were a few of the food areas and this really didn't help. Some of the staff were doing their best but some of those we could actually find had a "couldn't care less" attitude. They appeared to be understaffed and this was the reason given for food areas/slides being closed.

Those looking forward to the slide through the dolphins - forget it! The person who designed it maybe hasn't been on it during the testing stages as it just doesn't work! One minute you're in darkness, then there's a flash of light and its over... might as well have been through mud for what I could see.

Will we be going back there? Nope!

“Orlando, Sea World Aquatica. I would advise it to any...”

Written on: 06/01/2009

Orlando, Sea World Aquatica. I would advise it to any a great family parks with unique features. the food was lovely and the rides were all amazing except DOLPHIN PLUNGE!

“We went when the weather wasn't too good saying that...”

Written on: 26/12/2008 by swillybird (1 review written)

We went when the weather wasn't too good saying that it was still very warm but a bit drizzly, but no queues. Could get a lounger and served really quickly. Kids loved all of it also went to wet n wild but aquatica was so much better. We as a family really enjoyed aquatica and will defo be returning in 2010. Bad points, none really but if weather really sunny you need 2 get there early

“I have been Florida 3 times and the best time to go is...”

Written on: 23/09/2008

I have been Florida 3 times and the best time to go is September the weather is still great and the queues (if there is any) are no longer than 5 mins waiting as the kids are back at school. The dolphin ride was rubbish I couldn't see anything as water was sprayed in my eyes, it wasn't long enough, all it was, was a pool full of 4 dolphins maximum! ANYONE AGREE??

“I was very disappointed with this water park, when you...”

Written on: 26/08/2008

I was very disappointed with this water park, when you compaired it to Blizzard beach and Typhoon Lagoon it was really second rate. Over crowded, some unhelpful staff so untidy, dirty.
A real let down, not worth the money

“Great slides for all ages will deffinatly visit agian...”

Written on: 18/08/2008 by cravdeb (1 review written)

Great slides for all ages will deffinatly visit agian been twice while in orlando this holdiay its brill. Very family friendly lots of gret things for children of all ages and adults too best water park I have been to in orlando and I have visited them all.

“I liked everything at Sea World Aquatica in Orlando,...”

Written on: 15/08/2008 by cally george (1 review written)

I liked everything at Sea World Aquatica in Orlando, it's a good place to have a day out for the family.
All of the theme parks are really magical and fun for children.
I hope you keep up the great work. Well done!

“Very disappointing Dolphin Plunge. This was all I...”

Written on: 28/07/2008 by cabledudemike (1 review written)

Very disappointing Dolphin Plunge. This was all I really went to the park to experience and it was the biggest let down. I guess I should have gone to discovery Cove if I wanted to swim with dolphins. The slide through the aquarium is so fast there is no way your eyes could adjust to see the dolphins. I believe the way Seaworld advertises you could see dolphins racing you through the slide is very deceiving to the public. I had a lot more fun at wet and Wild which was the only other water park I visited in Orlando.

“In the bad points section I made Sea World Aquatica...”

Written on: 22/07/2008

In the bad points section I made Sea World Aquatica sound like the worse place ever but it's not as bad as that. I did like it but not as much as other parks, I was just terribly disappointed with it as I had heard so much about it, especially about Dolphin Plunge - it's all dark then suddenly you're in a clear tube for about 3 seconds and your eyes can't adjust fast enough.