Dulux Trade Weathershield Reviews

Dulux Trade Weathershield - Ask a question now

“What has happened to this paint?”

Written on: 16/06/2015 by ufCollier74 (1 review written)

This paint range has definitely deteriorated. I just purchased the solvent based trade Dulux Trade Weathershield Exterior High Gloss in Black to touch up my front door. The tin says one coat of gloss over two coats of undercoat. When I put on the gloss it was thin and showed the undercoat from below.....streaks through the paint. Now I remember when I painted my windows with white last year that the paint didn't perform as well as in prior years. I seem to recall it took much longer to… Read Full Review

“Dulux Trade Weathershield Exterior High Gloss”

Written on: 23/07/2012 by mattBe (1 review written)

This is the worst exterior paint that I have ever used, it goes on ok, and even though the exterior windows were washed down, rubbed down cleaned with metholated spirits, primed, 2 Dulux Exterior undercoats, 1 Dulux weathershield top coat, 1 year later the paint is splitting, and peeling off !!! I have been painting for 35 years, and this expensive paint is the worst that I have ever used. I will never use Dulux again. Worse still is that where it has cracked in hairline splits it seems to hold… Read Full Review

Tallrichukr's Response to mattBe's Review

Written on: 27/09/2012

That's because you used methylated spirit to clean your woodwork. It leaves a residue. You should have used sugar soap.

Greenville's Response to mattBe's Review

Written on: 05/10/2012

I have had a similar problem. I followed the full recommendations for the 3 phase exterior paint system. Eight weeks later I have noticed flaking, When I attempted to rub back down, I discoved I can peel off the layers.The paint has just not hardened off!! More than recommended time was allowed between coats, due to my other work commitments. If the paint was overlaid before dry time I could accept problems could happen but I know this wasn't the case. What a complete disaster after all the effort to strip back to bare wood, and start from scratch. Gutted.

Read 2 Comments