Music Magpie Reviews - www.musicmagpie.co.uk

Music Magpie - www.musicmagpie.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Music Magpie - www.musicmagpie.co.uk

Music Magpie - www.musicmagpie.co.uk

“Disgraceful excuse of a company took 20 pounds worth...”

Written on: 24/08/2022 by Levihope (1 review written)

Disgraceful excuse of a company took 20 pounds worth of stuff off me after not sending everything back after offering 60 less than they originally did. Then said there’s nothing they.can do about it after weeks of dealing with there disgraceful customer service

“Rented a laptop ”

Written on: 03/06/2022 by Loomisgt74 (1 review written)

I have ordered a laptop to rent. Immediately after the purchase I have found a better deal on different websites where I can actually own the laptop. I think it was less than 5 minutes after I have made the order with MusicMagpie I contacted the team via the chat to cancel my order ( because you cannot do it manually which is a first red flag for me). I had no response from anybody so I kept writing emails up to three times a day. Now the order has been dispatched meaning that if I wanted to cancel it now, I have to pay a fee. Personally, what I think it’s happening is that they intentionally didn’t respond in order to get that extra money because they knew I had the intention to cancel the order. You could argue that because of the Jubilee holidays nobody was available to take care of this yet they clearly had staff on which have dispatched the order ( to be precise it was dispatched on June 2,2022). In my opinion the customer service is terrible and I will not purchase from them anything ever again.

“Terrible customer service and refund policy AVOID”

Written on: 18/05/2022 by QuinnyL95 (1 review written)

Originally bought a Nintendo Switch console for £250 which arrived fine but after about a month the left dualcon controller stopped working so I asked under the warranty if it could be repaired of replaced. MM sent me their own return label which I used to send back the console. Royal Mail messed up and lost the parcel. I contacted MM and wasn’t replied to for weeks I had to go through social media just to get any sort of help. MM told me to make a claim with Royal Mail so I did but only got £100 back for a £250 console, when I contacted MM as the label they provided obviously didn’t cover the full insurance so I lost out on £150 and MM refused to compensate for the rest of my money lost. Told me to make a claim with Royal Mail then when I’ve explained that I did but didn’t get fully compensated, they changed their mind and said they were the ones that needed to claim to get the money back. Clearly making it up as you go along and clearly don’t care about customer satisfaction and were making any excuse not to compensate me. Never had customer service like it. Will never use this company again.

“Avoid, unless you want to be tricked.”

Written on: 10/05/2022 by james146146 (1 review written)

Sent a two-year-old Galaxy S10+ to musicMagpie as a trade-in. Was quoted £135. Phone was in excellent condition, just a few minor scuffs, as you'd expect from a used phone. Once they received the phone, the quote was lowered to £35 due to a "cracked or smashed screen." I've had issues with trade-in companies before whereby they claim damage to reduce the quote in the hope that you accept. I had my suspicions, declined their offer and received the phone back. Sure enough, the screen was in near-perfect condition. This is a common sham and reports of it across the internet are rife. However, I believe that it's legal, as these companies typically give you the opportunity to decline their offer and receive your item back. It's still incredibly poor practice, though. My advice is to trade in your phone with a mobile network provider (for a bit less money) or sell it on eBay (for a bit more). Do not use this company, as they won't honour your quote. Even if you sent in a brand-new device I imagine they'd find "damage" of some kind. The giveaway is in this company's name - musicMagpie. Magpies are cunning and like taking shiny objects, so the name makes complete sense.

“Sharp Practice And 'Repricing'. Go to World of Books!”

Written on: 21/04/2022 by MrCharlie (1 review written)

I believe that MusicMagpie engage in re-pricing and withdrawal of buying contracts online. This has happened to me more than once - and I believe it to be breaching retail and contract law. They have not answered my email - nor will they. Having had problems before many of my emails went unanswered. This is the narrative I have sent to 'Trading Standards' via the CA Dear CA and Trading Standards 1) I recently ordered - secondhand online - a DVD from MusicMagpie for £4.99 (Essential Techniques for Mandolin). Order Number R949380227 2) It is normally only available in the US and attracts quite a premium price in the UK. 3) They confirmed my payment and my order and stated that the DVD was in 'Very Good' condition 4) They then sent me an email saying that the DVD had 'failed its final quality - control inspection'. They said they had no other copies and the copy I ordered was 'unavailable' 5) They refunded my PayPal payment. 6) I believe (because they've done it before under similar circumstances) that they realised it was worth a lot more and therefore would relist at a higher price later on regardless of an online contract. 7) This is the second time  he has done this to me and I believe it is a common practice at MusicMagpie. 8) I have requested evidence to show it was sub-standard, even if they immediately state it is no longer available. I believe they state this in case you ask for evidence! 9) I purchased the cheapest copy I could buy in the UK (for £11.50 more) and have requested they refund me the difference so as to honour their contract. 10) I also advised them that I believe they are in breach of Retail Law - or even common contract law 11) To date they have ignored my email. 12) I believe they are engaging in sharp practice which breaches retail law. I have asked them to keep the evidence in case they get a visit from trading standards. 13) They buy and sell goods and sellers are at the mercy of their valuations. If they do this to buyers - then how can customers trust their valuations as sellers? 14) I have warned them I am writing to you; that I will be reviewing them on ReviewCentre and Google (and anywhere else I can leave a review) 15) If they do not honour my restitution suggestion I will cease to be a customer of MusicMagpie. World of Books and AbeBooks are very good and just as wide ranging and good value.

“Troubled”

Written on: 06/02/2022 by Geraniumpam (3 reviews written)

I have used musicMagpie to buy iPads and iPhones. Treated myself to a mac book pro just before Christmas 2021. All good until 27 Jan 2022 when I was locked out by 'find my mac'. The device is locked to another user, presumed to be a previous owner. I have had it confirmed by the apple store that I cannot use it and notified the police. Have kept musicMagpie informed - not looking good that I will easily get my money back. Really disappointed. Although the product was in good condition and arrived on time it is no use to me whatsoever and I can see that the process of getting my money back will be lengthy.

Geraniumpam's Response to Geraniumpam's Review

Written on: 15/02/2022

Update. Today 15/2 /2022 have received confirmation of a full refund.

Read 1 Comment

“Lost My Device”

Written on: 27/01/2022 by Janty72 (1 review written)

Traded in an iPhone which they received on 02/01/22 but haven't paid my money. I've provided them with proof of postage and other info. They keep asking silly questions not relevant to my claim causing more stress.They have clearly lost my device and are making all sorts of excuses. Horrible place to deal with who owe me over £200

“LOSE ITEMS THEN BLAME YOU ”

Written on: 10/01/2022 by LeonieP (1 review written)

We sent our 2 PlayStations in, one 1TB PS4 described as poor condition as we were missing the original controller and one 500GB PS4 Slim described as good condition as we had everything it came with including the original controller. I packed the items in one box and sent them in, wrapping the original controller to the 500GB PS4 in with the wires to the side of both PlayStations. About a week later (due to christmas postage etc) we received an email offering less then the amount stated when we sent the PS4s into musicmapgie, they are claiming the controller was missing for the 500GB PS4. I raised a case over webchat to be told I would have an update within 48 hours. I then chased 48 hours later as hadn’t heard anything and found out the warehouse team have said they checked again and couldn’t find it. I am extremely confused as to how they couldn’t find it as in order to test the PS4s they would have had to unwrap the wires and lift the controller from the top of it to find them. If the controller had ‘fallen out’ it would have taken the wires with it easily as they were wrapped together and broken the box which isn’t the case. Their response: well that’s it, you can either take the lower offer or have your items back which would mean I would have to buy another controller to sell it on

“They are wonderful!!”

Written on: 13/11/2021 by TERRYMOOSE (2 reviews written)

Bought loads of things from this company including a Samsung mobile and a small book. They have been amazing every time. Things have arrived on time, in one piece and working. Very impressed with this company.

“Don't give a monkeys once thay have your money”

Written on: 24/09/2021 by McCanndz26 (1 review written)

Purchased a phone, and mistakenly it was sent to my old address. My error, but went online to see what could be done and had the absolute misfortune to end up chatting to a support person. His approach was "Tough your mistake, Next". This is the 2nd phone I have purchases from MusicMagpie and it will be the last.

“Take your money and not deliver your goods”

Written on: 29/07/2021 by tracywalker (1 review written)

I ordered a phone for my daughters… I ordered a phone for my daughters birthday and it never arrived even though I paid extra for next day delivery! I was told I needed to wait 7 days and then they could reprt it missing with the courier. I waited the requested amount of time and contacted them again but other than more or less accusing me of recieving the phone, when I have not, they have been very unhelpful, so I am still with out a birthday present for my daughter, no replacement has been sent and no refund

“£15 poorer”

Written on: 21/07/2021 by paulkeeling19 (2 reviews written)

Oh dear, I used used Music Magpie for years but on sending through several items the other day I won't be using them again. They awarded 'zero value' to a Bluray boxset, stating it had no barcode and was a promotional item. I emailed immediately to question this as I had bought the item from Amazon and I had scanned the barcode when selling to Music Magpie! Several emails later, after I offered to pay return postage, collect in person etc. they state there is nothing they can do... they value it at £15! So will they sell it... hmmmmm. Really poor and I would avoid.

“realiy, really bad experience - do not use this company ”

Written on: 10/07/2021 by Andreso197 (1 review written)

I sent MM three orders - two boxes for each order - six boxes in total. All six boxes were collected by the courier on the same day and I was issued one ticket for the six boxes. MM are now denying they have received two of the three orders but have told me they have paid one of them. As the three orders were all sent at the same time, I don't know why the other two haven't been dealt with. i guess the boxes have been lost by MM, but no-one at MM seems to be making any attempt to check this. This has been going on since March 2021: each time I ask MM for more information they just resend their first email. I've asked for a manager's email and for the MM complaints procedure and these requests have been denied. the books belonged to my late brother and we were going to donate the proceeds from them to his favourite charity. But MM is denying us the opportunity to do this. Book seller - beware!

“problem in oredering”

Written on: 13/05/2021 by Durbin-m (7 reviews written)

The website was very slow, had a problem while navigating and searching for the products.

“Goods never received and no refund”

Written on: 24/04/2021 by Serena163 (1 review written)

I ordered a book from Music Magpie (via eBay) and paid for it. A few days later I had an email saying they couldn’t send me my book as it was ‘damaged’ and they didn’t have another one. Fine - but no mention of the money, I’d already paid or how to apply for a refund. I sent a reply to the email asking for a refund, but no reply. I then sent a message through eBay and they replied saying there was a problem with the refund but they would put it through again. Still no refund and now am having to go through eBay to claim the money back. Money was only £11.76 but really cross that they put something on eBay they didn’t have and kept my money! On looking at reviews this has happened to their people too.

“Hopeless customer service”

Written on: 21/03/2021 by Casef7 (1 review written)

Protracted disaster! My feedback to them on their customer service: “You didn’t explain why you 1 failed to take my address correctly in the first place 2 failed to update the rest of the order when sending out the PS4. Also 3 didn’t tell me when the order will arrive 4 didn’t apologise for missing my son’s birthday, despite order being submitted weeks ago. Finally 5 didn’t apologise for the repeated slow response times at every stage of this process. Very little of this is X’s fault, but MusicMagpie service as a whole has been really poor.”

“Incompetent”

Written on: 12/03/2021 by Feardhaigj (1 review written)

Three weeks waiting for a book. Still not even dispatched - rubbish.

“Selling MacBook Air ”

Written on: 15/01/2021 by paven1965 (1 review written)

Returned my MacBook Air after MusicMagpie said they would pay full value for the damage they caused when sent to them the first time., Now they say they haven’t received it despite Royal Mail tracking saying it was delivered over a week ago. Trying to contact them seems to only work over Twitter as they ignore emails. All contact via Twitter and chat says it’s being investigated, give it 24hrs, 24hrss later same message if indeed you get a response. So now I have no MacBook and no payment. Please learn from me and others on Twitter that you can easily find, and don’t trade with this shower, it will only end in tears, and a cost to your pocket not theirs. Avoid at all costs

“Zero customer service”

Written on: 14/12/2020 by damianmarksmyth (1 review written)

Ordered an iPad for my Mum. They sent one without a charger, obviously assuming she had one. She didn't and could not use it. I sent an email to customer support and it took them a week to respond. They then sent another cable, NOT a charger, despite making it perfectly clear the charger was missing from the original box and there was even an empty space where it should have been. Another week later and they still have not responded and it's nearly two weeks my Mum has been without access to Facetime her grandchildren. Disgraceful. Utterly shocking.

“Wouldn't advised”

Written on: 29/10/2020 by Pugh433 (1 review written)

I purchased a iPhone we 0ver six weeks ago from music Magpie I barley used it because it got restricted and disabled various times by this company. I would not recommend anyone purchasing from here or buying second hand sets because its a rubbish company . I would never used them again or even recommend them