Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk

Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk
3.0

Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Horrific company, avoid at all costs ”

written by WBC85 on 30/10/2023

I took out a contract with affordable mobiles to have a new Google Pixel 8 phone on a monthly contract on Thursday 26th October 2023. The phone was sent out to me on Friday 27th October 2023 . When I received the phone I charged it up then started setting the phone up. The phone kept on freezing during set up then turned off and will not turn back on. I contacted customer service agent and explained what happened. His advice was not to do anything to resolve the situation but that I should contact google about fixing the phone. The agreement I had was for a new Google Pixel 8 phone in working condition, this was not provided by affordable mobiles. So why should customers be inconvenienced if a broken/faulty phone was sent out? The customer service agent gave further advice that I would have to pay the expense of postage and advised the phone should be sent insured at further expense. Why should customers be out of pocket, when affordable mobiles send out faulty broken phones to new customers? When I inquired about an exchange, the customer services advised this would also be at my expense ! I have never experience such poor service from any company in my life. When faulty products are sent out as sometimes happens reputable companies normally apologise, then send out a fault free product that should have been sent originally. When I highlighted this with customer service they did not suggest another course of action that would not see me out of pocket for sending back the substandard broken phone I received.

“Awful”

written by Scotthardy on 20/01/2023

Awful company, no body rings you back when they say they’re going to. I’m still without a phone which appears to be lost. Live chat and constant emails falls on deaf ears

“Horrendous do not buy!! ”

written by Laurenburrows on 15/12/2022

Horrendous service I returned the original phone within 7 days and changed to another phone with them. They however took that long to cancel the original order that I’m now having to pay for 2 phones which I can’t afford and I can’t get my old number back! I’ve wasted hours and hours trying to contact them and you can only contact them via live chat not over the phone to discuss complaints. I’ve sent over 4 emails with the same message we’re chasing it up! I will never use this company again and will be getting advice on how to take this further! I’m also not sure the phones are new and not refrusbished as they battery on them doesn’t seem to last like a new phone normally does!

“Terrible service. would not recommend”

written by NicolaHoyle on 13/12/2022

Ordered a mobile phone on Saturday 10th December for next day delivery on Sunday 11th. Phone was not delivered. Called them on Monday 12th and they confirmed that delivery would be that day. Again phone was not delivered. Called Tuesday 13th and spoke to the most unhelpful person who should not be answering phone calls. She stated that she could not check if my phone was arriving today and could not give me a tracking number but told me to contact DPD directly. Spoke to DPD and they advised me they have no parcels to be delivered to my postcode, therefore Affordable Mobiles had not arranged the delivery of the item. Now trying to start a 'Live Chat' but with no success!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

“Very disappointing customer service experience and...”

written by Ayden130 on 18/01/2022

Very disappointing customer service experience and unreliable phones. I ordered a refurbished iPhone X in May 21 from Affordable Mobiles having seen on the website that a 12 month warranty is offered on the handsets. Since I’ve had it, I’ve had several issues with the phone switching itself off and not turning back on, front camera not working, phone not charging and finally in early Dec phone not taking any charge and eventually battery completely died and phone unusable. I called customer services in early Dec, was advised that repairs now take up to 28 days as it’s Christmas time. There is no mention of a 28 day turn around time on their website but had no choice but to send it to them, hope that the phone could be repaired or a replacement sent as I haven’t got a spare phone to put my Sim in to. After 25 days of the repairers receiving my phone, I called and was advised that there was no update and that this would be escalated to senior team and I would be updated within 48 hrs. No update came so following this up, was told that a replacement handset would be sent out if no update could be given on day. I called on day 28, still no update on phone repair, I asked for a replacement phone to be sent out and was advised they didn’t have any phones in stock but that senior team are looking into this and would be in contact. It is now day 38 since I posted my phone off, and 33 days that the repairers have had my phone. No sign of any updates, no confirmation of a replacement phone being sent off and every time I check what is happening I am told that this is being looked into and they will respond in another 48 hours. I have asked to speak to the senior team several times but this has been refused. I will now be seeking advise from trading standards and would advise others to read all the 1 star reviews on other review websites before considering to use this company.

Paulacapes's Comment

Written on: 15/09/2022

My daughter go a phone they sent an empty packet she's having some right problems it's an absolute nightmare they should know she hasn't got phone it's a joke

“Overly complicated cashback voucher claim conditions”

written by 203Jones on 13/05/2021

Overly complicated cashback voucher claim conditions. This company required 6 cashback claims for a single order. Each claim required a unique voucher to be posted to an address within a set time window after a certain number of carrier invoice publications. The vouchers do not state any date or conditions on them. You will have to research this yourself and schedule them in to your diary in hope that you recall them. While the company have since allowed email submissions as well as posting, they did not contact me to state this.

“Stay away from this company”

written by AddysonMcGraw on 09/09/2020

They pretended to offer cheap phone deals and we went ahead to make the initial payment. They actually went ahead and continually debted our accounts more than once in one day. The phones where never delivered and even after we cancelled the services within the two weeks window we never got refunded. Very very poor communication skills horrible customer care. Avoid giving them your financial details.

“Avoid at all costs”

written by R007 on 07/08/2020

Do not use this company or any of the affiliated companies it owns. You may get lucky but if you have any problems or issues with products they sell then you are in trouble. I returned a phone in the 14 day period which had never been out of my house and the network selected had never worked. On return of my phone I was told I would have to pay £200 to cancel the contract as the phone would have to be sold as refurbished. As I couldn’t do that I was then basically forced to sign up to another contract costing more money than the original and more money than what was offered when I signed up. And this was to get the original phone back and not have to pay the £200 upfront. I could go on . Just avoid

“Avoid at all costs..  no return on handsets....”

written by Julia131 on 26/07/2020

Avoid at all costs..  no return on handsets. ****avoid****avoid****avoid********i ordered a s20 on contract with ee. Service was shocking so called to say would have to cancel unless i could change to unlimited 3mobile. They advised did not offer that so arranged to return phone. They have now sent me a message to say my phone is not in pristine condition "blatant lie" so i am required to pay £299. 70 or take the phone back on the ee contract which i cannot use effectively. I will be stuck with it for 2 years. The handset was in pristine condition i used it for a hour at the most. ****avoid*****avoid*****avoid*****

R007's Response to Julia131's Review

Written on: 07/08/2020

Exactly the same situation happened to me avoid.

R007's Response to Julia131's Review

Written on: 07/08/2020

Same situation as me I couldn’t agree more avoid.

“WORST EXPERIENCE WITH A COMPANY EVER, AVOID LIKE PLAGUE”

written by Velez32 on 20/04/2020

Worst experience I have ever had with buying a mobile phone. Placed an order on friday and was told my credit check had failed and they tried again, told me it had now gone through and my order had been placed. Received zero confirmation emails so chased this the following day. Was told in fact the sales rep had lied and it actually hadn't gone through and they'd spelt my name incorrectly damaging my credit rating. After finally resolving the credit issue, of which an application was made with the correct spelling of my name. This was then rejected by the phone company (three) because they thought it might be fraud. After discussing with three's credit team and explaining the situation they then proceeded to overturn the decision. I spoke to the Affordable mobiles and they then told me now the credit check had gone through and my phone would be arriving tomorrow, once again with confirmation paperwork to be sent within a few hours. Hours passed and still no confirmation email, so phoned to chase/query this and was told that the sales person who put the credit check through today had lied and it hadn't gone through and my order had never been placed. Still awaiting a phonecall whilst my complaint is investigated, but in short this is without a doubt one of the WORST experiences I have ever had from a company selling a product. Avoid like the plague!!! Would recommend this company to not even my worst enemy, for fear of damaging their credit rating also.wors

“Do NOT BUY from these People.”

written by AndyNich on 23/01/2020

Do not buy from these people. I took up the deal of new Iphone 11 at £41 per month and to return my sons 2 year old Iphone 7 in "working condition" for £118.80. It was actually in excellent condition without a mark on it. They use a 3rd party thereafter to check the returned phone called E-Giant who sent me an email to say the phone was faulty. When I rang them, the receptionist said that they had removed the back of the phone and the battery needed a service which de-valued the phone and they could only offer me £40.50. They said I had to take it up with Affordable Mobiles when I tried to protest. I contacted Affordable Mobiles and they have also said it is nothing to do with them as they use a 3rd party for returned phones, despite me saying there is nothing in the terms about battery services or removing the back off the phone and that my agreement was with Affordable Mobiles, not E-Giant. They have changed the deal and made up this spurious issue with the battery just to reduce the value of the returned phone. When you speak to their customer care team they also just repeat themselves a total waste of time.

“AVOID SUPPLIER!”

written by MadelineLowe on 10/07/2019

AVOID this supplier!!!!! I was wrongly sold a device after being informed by the advisor it was in stock. If i was told it's not available there is no way i would have placed an order and gone elsewhere as i was particular about the device i wanted. It's now been a month and i'm still waiting and have made a number of calls to their customer services team on when will i receive this device, standard respond 'out of stock'. I never receive a call back having been promised on a number of occaisions. No desire to help either. I have paid for the device and the fact i'll need to be credit checked again if i pursued a refund and go elsewhere makes the situation even more infuriating.

“Offer a phone deal lass.credir checks ect even give...”

written by Malcolmi399 on 17/06/2019

Offer a phone deal lass.credir checks ect even give your dispatch email then cancel your order part transit Absolute joke Avoid

“BE WARNED”

written by Alannaa1979 on 24/05/2019

Be warned about this company they are without doubt the worst company I ever dealt with. I have worked within the sales and the service industry for over 40 years; I would be totally ashamed working for them, rude, totally unprofessional, doesn’t listen to you. If you ever get a phone off these people and have to send it back make sure you take photos before you send it back as they will claim you have damage it and refuse to cancel your contract, or want £100s to replace the hand set ! I am not one who does reviews but I feel so strongly about this company and have to warn everyone who is thinking of using them DON’T! Whatever you say, just take it that they won’t do it.  They sent back the phone to me which they say I damaged so could not cancel, and do you know what had the phone check out, not the same phone, had data on it from someone else. Having looked at other reviews it’s the same old story from a lot of people, should have read the reviews first before dealing with them. You have been warned

Artpe's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2019

I second that! My case is pending alto so I will not comment for now...

“WARNING:- Return a phone - get charged 30% of the value!”

written by Cloe1952 on 26/04/2019

I ordered a phone from this company and returned it a couple of days later as i saw a deal for a phone i wanted more. I had removed the plastic cover from the phone to inspect it and put it back in the packaging. I handled it for less than 30 seconds and it was returned. After a few weeks of it being returned, i get an email to say the phone is not in pristine condition and i owe 30% of the value of the phone. I felt this was completely unacceptable and is just a way for the company to punish those who return a device. i can guarantee that no damage was caused to the phone in my possession but its my word agains theirs. Be wary and don't trust them at all. 14 day money back guarantee my foot!

“Dreadful experience, dreadful company”

written by onMills284 on 13/12/2018

I have been trying to process an order with this company for 3 weeks. I have spent over 9 hours on hold (listening tot heir dreadful Prog Jazz hold music, which is torture itself); and finally, having been given the run around for weeks, with no explanation they say they have cancelled my order, along with everyone elses from Black Friday weekend. I would have given up on them long before if it had not been for two very helpful people who did their best and even called me back and emailed. But afert the latest email saying the order was cancelled, they have not been able to get near speaking to them again. This company is a shambles and I would avoid at all costs. Trading Standards should look in to their practices.

“Zero aftersales”

written by Jadielm46 on 05/12/2018

Offered a great online deal via Uswitch during Black Friday weekend. The monthly offer for an iPhone 8 was the best around and included a £24 discount within the bundle. The mobile came in perfect condition within a couple of days, so far so good. During setup it activated my account with Vodafone. The big problem then being the discount was not included and payment due in a few days. Phoning Vodafone (no easy feat) was initially no help. They said they could not agree to such a discount and to talk to Affordablemobiles. To this day I have not been able to speak to a single person at affordablemobiles in fact I don't believe they even have a help desk! All you here is an answer phone saying all agents are busy in between awful jazz music. There is no queuing info and no chat facility on their web site. Vodafone have since resolved the situation via a workaround with absolutely no help from affordablemobiles. Think twice before you deal with this company.

“Sim still not activated ”

written by Kirbyld52 on 06/06/2018

Received the phone Monday tried to activate the sim didn't work phoned then up so many times just keep saying waiting for EE it's now Wednesday and still not working phoned EE and they said this is very strange the number that I'm given is not a EE number I might just send the phone back as I'm getting no where

“Great sales team”

written by on 01/05/2018

I bought my note 8 deal over the phone with the help of the person I dealt with. He was so patient and polite . Helped me to find the best deal and explained all the terms and conditions clearly . I m very happy with the customer service and my purchase. Would definitely recommend this to everyone.

“My purchase”

written by on 27/04/2018

I’d been sent a faulty phone as I called it kept cutting off so one member called back over 8 time to help me through the process. After sending it back I found one employee that put in 5 star effort to keep me updated on my iPhone. I recieved compensation and for this I am very grateful for all the help. I have a brand new iphone 7plus with my contract continuing where it has to be put on hold! Great service provided, ask for help if you have any problems!

Asked by cuthberm on 30th January 2015 Report this content
I've purchased an iPhone 6 that was in stock on the website on 23/01/15. I later received an e-mail saying that it's out of stock. Do anyone have any idea when it will be back in stock and when I will eventually receive it?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content Matt34UK Written on: 30/01/2015
If i was you i would cancel the order immediately. I spent months trying to get them to fix a broken phone and they flatly refused. Luckily 3 replaced the phone for me as they were so appalled with the behavior of Affordable Mobiles.
Asked by Sodhi57 on 30th September 2014 Report this content
I bought a mobile on 22/09/2014 and I am still waiting for my mobile. I want to know when should I expect my mobile?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content stanretoma Written on: 30/09/2014
I received the mobile within a few days but - the wrong one. Binned them as a supplier as their customer service is appalling. Suggest you go to mobiles site (who are owned by carphone warehouse) they provide outstanding, honest service.