ao.com Reviews

Media Gallery for ao.com

ao.com
ao.com

“Useless, avoid them”

Written on: 17/09/2022 by 281Scott (1 review written)

As useless as John Lewis in the end. Chose them because I needed a new washing machine very urgently and they could deliver in 48 hours. JL wanted a week or two. Same price as everywhere else, reasonable fees for installation (could do it myself, couldn't be bothered) and to take the old machine away. Score 5 stars for pre-service. Easy website to use, good communication on delivery. Delivery itself fine - brilliant driver and assistant, machine installed fine. PROBLEM: Paid in advance for old machine to be taken away. Driver said no room on van as we were very early 7am delivery. He spoke to his "Driver Line" and passed the phone to I, so I spoke to them as well. Initially I was happy to leave the machine in the back garden (we are not chavs who want used appliances out front - a security risk as well as unsightly). BUT "Driver Line" told me they would pick up any time between 7am and 7pm the next day. Meaning having to hang around very early on a Saturday morning and all day to open the back gate for access. Getting a text 30 mins before doesn't really cut it, does it? And 2 days running as well. Now, AO made the mistake - and it is a very regular thing, the driver tells me. The VERY LEAST you would expect is that they would bend over backwards to find a confirmed time slot to put things right. But NO. This outfit is totally robotic in customer service. Actually, not customer service - they don't do that - I mean, in their system for dealing with their victims, I mean, customers. Upshot was I agreed to the chav option, machine sitting outside right now, so at least it will be collected without further disturbance. Asked the "Driver Line" to get customer service to call me between 9am and 10am, so was delighted to get a call at 9.10am from a friendly man. Turns out he wanted to sell I extra insurance (don't do it folks, "Consumer Rights Act 2015" gives you 6 years cover, free of charge, and a local repairman is far cheaper). Told him I was expecting Customer Services. He put I through, and I spoke to someone after 15 minutes on hold. They refunded my "collection fee" but as for actual compensation for stress, time and hassle? A long exchange of views - I talking over the person who just constantly repeated herself and even got the item I purchased wrong at one point - made I understand they don't give £75 or even £55 or basically cash back. Nor an extended guarantee. Oh, and the hilarious hopeless accused I of phoning the company before they had a chance to call I!!!! When they were the ones who called but not for the right reason. We did stay talking until 10am just to see if anyone would call me back. They did not. When "Driver Line" said "OK" to calling I between 9 and 10am, guess he was just trying to be agreeable rather than actually do anything (now there IS a surprise with this lot). They do own the mistake, but not the fact it makes the company look terrible or wastes the victim (not customer, remember, this company doesn't have them)'s time. Eventually got a £30 voucher code out of them, and person even said "I won't bother sending that" as I said I probably won't use AO again anyway. But did so anyway in the end. Probably won't use it, may pass it on to somebody I can't stand so that they can. Deeply regret trying AO. With John Lewis as bad, I guess my local Euronics or Independent gets a try next, or maybe Hughes which I think are owned by the impeccable Richer Sounds. There is a reason AO are going bust - they really don't have a clue about making customers happy and strangle the service staff who could do so. Avoid this circus. The extra star was due to the actual driver and assistant, or this would be a one star review. UPDATE: Gets worse. Machine left outside at THIER SUGGESTION and against my advice that it was a SECURITY RISK. Just 2 hours later it was targeted by scrap metal man who thought he could help himself to it, meaning it would not be recycled. AO are happy to expose their customers to street crime if you buy from them, too. It just gets better, doesn't it. If you just want a washing machine without any hassle this is NOT the company to buy it from. FINAL UPDATE: A second load of "scrap metal" dealers just took the machine while I wasn't watching. Now 20 minute phone wait to tell AO not to bother trying to collect it. Yes, I have some manners, though why I am bothering I am not sure. And guess what. Told them. They couldn't care less. No compensation, another 20 minutes wasted. Writing to the Company Secretary now, just so I feel I have sounded off at everyone possible. May as well, as they have wasted so much of my time another 15 minutes to cut and paste this won't do any harm. 1 day later: AO did not cancel the pick-up, so a van turned up 11.20am. Can't even get that right- so customer service woman lied about that as well. AVOID. AVOID. AVOID. AVOID.

“Ao. They've changed ”

Written on: 05/09/2022 by Kevinharrisao (1 review written)

Bought from ao 10 years ago. Fantastic. Recently Bought 1500 TV from them.. Not Woking properly and so contacted manufacturer tech support for help. After 3 weeks decided to return to ao as unresolved under 100 day guarantee. It's not a 100 day guarantee at all.. They just pass you to the manufacturer to sort despite that your contract is with them. Manufacturer tell you they can't authorise uplift just recommend return, ao say they wont accept return without uplift number. 30mins wait for customer service each time if you can even find a phone number. I'm writing off the 1500 after 3 weeks as cant bear any more. Amazon is the only way to go... 30 day no quibble guarantee. Turns out aos 100 day guarantee is to give you back hf your money if you've changed your mind in 100 days. Do Not Buy AO unless you are happy to have next to no rights

“Zero stars for delivery AND service!”

Written on: 19/08/2022 by Pippa999 (1 review written)

If I could give no stars I would. I ordered a fridge, detailed that I live on the top floor with 3 flights of stairs (wide and large landings). I wait in for delivery and I get a phone call saying they're not going to deliver because my stairs are a health and safety issue (!) I said that no one has tried to deliver! I look out and there is a white van - so I go down and the passenger man is holding his stomach saying he feels ill and can't work, maybe tomorrow. The driver then says that I have too many stairs and that is the line they hold in all the subsequent phone calls to their management who say they "can't force them" if they "don't want to" deliver (!) Incredible. I had a plumber here who was happy to take over the second man's position, but they refused to allow us to do that either. They even refused to let me and the plumber use their sack barrow to take the fridge up, and the manager was very jovial telling me that they can't make their staff do things. Awful experience - I will never purchase from AO again - wasted time and food that will now have to be thrown away. Disgusting company - lies compounding appalling delivery and customer service. They would not undertake to send a competent delivery person this afternoon, or the next morning - the most CAN'T DO attitude of any company I have ever had the misfortune of ordering from - never again.

“Out of pocket for damaged item ”

Written on: 21/04/2022 by Andrea206 (1 review written)

Ordered a tassimo my way coffee machine , machine was unusable.i contacted ao about it but still have not heard anything back from them 2 months later even after multiple calls and emails. I would warn anyone who is thinking of using this con-man company to think twice and pay a bit more and buy from a reputable company. I am literally stuck with a big lump of junk that's useless.

“Ordered a fridge on a Friday and delivered on the Sunday”

Written on: 17/04/2022 by DAVIDWMMM (1 review written)

After checking all the different retailers for the fridge I was purchasing, I found AO were the cheapest for installation old appliance scraping and delivery. They phoned a half hour before delivery and were here for 6 minets. Very pleased with the product and service.

“Customer pays if faulty”

Written on: 07/04/2022 by FITZER1000 (3 reviews written)

Bought an oven because it had wifi and pyrolytic cleaning. Couple of months later, cannot get it to connect to wifi, seems like a flaw with app. After several emails with manufacturer which they would fail to reply to, hours on phone, multiple broken promises, finally get an engineer out who confirms he doesn't know why problem happens so he will fit a part and come back. I was to get a text later that day. 2 weeks later, still no text. Manufacturer says can't get part so authorises replacement oven. Now AO say, oven no longer in stock so pick another at same price or get refund. Go right through ovens in stock, nothing even close in price with same features. AO advise that they will uplift and fefund but I have to pay for disconnection! I already paid for installation! They seem to think this is fair that I be out of pocket because the product they sold was faulty. So won't consider them again, nice letter to Trading Standards.

“Only interested in extras and insurance even fi...”

Written on: 14/02/2022 by LesEbb (1 review written)

I ordered this Sony KD43X89JU TV this morning, A couple of hours later I received a call from A.O. confirming delivery and to inform me that due to the size of the TV and the amount of electronics inside, that a sound bar would be needed as the TV speakers were too small. "So i'll just add that to the account shall I" were the words of the arrogant A.O. staff. When I said I didn't want it he was amazed, asking why on earth I didn't want to enhance the sound from my new TV for a mere £89. After we eventually got passed that I endured approximately 5 minutes of him talking about insurance and when he finished I only just caught him saying that he'd set it up and I wouldn't have to pay the first month. When questioned, he was basically just putting me on their insurance. To be honest, I was used to 1990's hard sells, but this was just dishonest. I have since cancelled my order and recommend you don't touch A.O. with a barge pole.

“Problems resolved”

Written on: 05/02/2022 by Szarbo (1 review written)

I paid £30 for a 12 to 5pm drop off for my washer dryer delivery. I paid an extra £20 to have the old machine removed and recycled. I live in a flat on the 3rd floor without lift and only access is via a narrow winding staircase. After reading some reviews on here I was expecting the worse because due to mechanical problems with the delivery van the item didn't arrive until 7pm. By this time I had already got rid of the old machine as a couple of guys collecting scrap metal took it. The two delivery men were absolutely fantastic. They struggled to get the new machine up the three flights of narrow stairs but they did it with a smile even though they had been working since 6.30 am AO rang me within 10 minutes of the delivery guys leaving to apologise for the late delivery, they reimbursed the delivery charge of £30 and also reimbursed the £20 for disposal of the old machine that I no longer needed. Waiting in all afternoon and evening for the delivery was frustrating but overall I was pleased with the cost and customer service provided by AO

“delivery driver..never came...worst Ever”

Written on: 28/01/2022 by AmyClancy166 (1 review written)

So were meant to deliver my built in oven hob and built in oven today as well as fit them. Have been sat in moving room since 8. 30am this morning with two other people..... The delivery driver did not turn up.... Nor was any delivery driver seen on the extensive cctv covering the deadend cul de. Sac live in.... At the very time.. You claim your deluvery driver came here and left.... My care was feeding me in my living room... Am disabled and elderly person..... Yet we saw nothing.... Nor did we hear anything they is only one entrance to enter and exit the court no other way in or out yet you say your delivery drivers has pictures to prove this cctv facing entrance which my carer offered to send you copies of which you declined as well as my carer from care. Agencey called you repeatly this morning my carer was feeding me which takes a while in my living room which faces court entrance.... We saw nothing... My buzzer works fine workman who have been working in court saw nothing. Am elderly disabled person but have nothing wrong with my eyes nor does my carer have any eye trouble yet you disregard my carers stating the fact with cctv evidence which is controlled by radio signals clearly showing time and dates and no driver or lorry yet now you are penaliseing me and have to wait until next week because your driver wanted to get home weekly... And was running late so could not fit me in worst company ever rubbish they are never again would not even give ao 1 star but this website does not allow 0 stars.... As so are rubbish.

“Take your money for nothing.”

Written on: 26/01/2022 by Scemobrutto (1 review written)

I ordered online, checked availability and delivery time, paid for the item and had everything confirmed. The next day I was told the item was not in stock and could they fob me off with something else. I asked for a refund and was told it would take up to five days to be completed. what kind of business practice is that? Oh, hold on, maybe AO.com is run by one of Boris Johnson's chums? That would explain the presumptuous arrogance then :)) Silly me. I advise you to shop elsewhere.

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 23/01/2022

I have AO Care insurance for my cooker and had booked an engineer to visit through the AO Care website which was fairly straight forward. However, a few days later, I needed to change the day of the appointment. I tried to do it online and I was met with an error message telling me to phone the customer service centre. The 1st time I phoned the number, I was cut off after a few minutes. The 2nd time, I was put through to an advisor who questioned if the damage had actually been accidental (I wasn't interrogated like this when I booked online) and was very abrupt in nature. She then transferred me to the wrong manufacturers customer care centre! Very frustrating process for a simple change of appointment. I won't be renewing my policy this year!

“DPD are useless”

Written on: 06/01/2022 by Puckettbv327 (1 review written)

if delivery by DPD I suggest you shop elsewhere. Despite AO's customer services trying to help, their management, by using DPD are getting the rating they deserve. If I could give a negative star rating I would.

“WORST COMPANY EVER”

Written on: 13/12/2021 by Charlie129 (1 review written)

They cancel the delivery 3 times last minute because driver couldn’t park in central London. Last try was on a sunday with no parking restrictions but still they couldn’t manage. No call or anything they just leave and don’t say a word. Absolutely terrible service. Please do not buy anything from this company. I promise you will regret it.

“Terrible”

Written on: 17/11/2021 by PBerry81 (2 reviews written)

After first ordering a TV through there ebay shop, TV went wrong in 6 weeks, Wouldn't turn on had to wait a month for them to sort it out and finally had a new one delivered. Next TV just a few weeks after warranty runs out TV wont light up, after AO saying they would help, all they done was offer £50 off a new TV from there website. Dont believe any TV worth £350 should fail just after 2 years. Wont be shopping with them ever again, customer service useless, spent more on phone calls then the voucher off they wanted to give. Joke company Stay away

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 06/11/2021

Excellent customer service from AO. Ordered a toaster which was delivered for free the next day. However, it was slightly damaged inside the box, so contacted AO. Absolutely no messing about, they said they'd exchange it and the replacement toaster was delivered the following day with the driver taking away the original toaster. This is first class customer service and some other companies could learn a few things from AO.

“AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

Written on: 28/10/2021 by ladybug28 (1 review written)

Had problems with a Beko vacuum cleaner I'd ordered. Replaced with like for like no quibbling. Replacement also had problems so they've now replaced it with a completely different Hoover brand. Absolutely fantastic customer service both times. Love the option to choose which type of music you listen to while on hold. I chose the 80s. Fantastic idea. Cannot recommend AO.com enough. Just brilliant.

“Appalling service”

Written on: 27/10/2021 by MC9999 (1 review written)

I had appalling service from AO.com. I ordered an electric cooker to replace a gas cooker. It was for my mother who lives in a 3rd floor flat without a lift in London. The reason I went with AO is because they clearly state that they can replace a gas cooker with an electric one when you order. I even called up after ordering online to clarify that they can do this and that they would be able to deliver to a 3rd floor flat. I was told that while an assessment needs to be done on the day by the delivery team, there should be no problem. My mother is unwell so I had to travel to hers to receive the delivery, hence why I needed to make sure the delivery would be smooth. 1st attempt The delivery team didn’t fancy it. I got a call from AO to say that the delivery team didn’t think it was safe to deliver up the stairs. But they would reschedule the delivery in the hope that another team wouldn’t be so work shy. To put into context, the flat has appliances as do all the hundreds of flats in my mum’s estate and all the flats in London and the UK that do not have a lift. They must have been delivered somehow. Currys had just delivered a washing machine a couple of days before with no issue. So this delivery team that works delivering appliances in London with its many flats without lifts just couldn’t be bothered this time. AO apologised to me, saying this was rare but they couldn’t force the team to do it. While I wasn’t happy, I accepted the reschedule only because AO seemed to be the only firm that said they could deliver up stairs and replace gas with electric. 2nd attempt I called AO in advance again to make sure there would be no issue. The representative clarified that there wouldn’t be a problem disconnecting a gas cooker and replacing it with electric. He clarified that they can do stairs without a lift, subject to review on the day. On the day of the delivery, the delivery team called on route. He asked if there was a lift. I said no (so he didn’t get my note then). He then queried what my existing cooker was. I said gas. He said he wasn’t a gas safe engineer so couldn’t disconnect it. SO WHY DID THEY SEND HIM!!! he apologised and said there was no mention of a gas cooker on his instruction. When I spoke to someone from AO, they said there was no mention of a gas cooker on the delivery instructions. This despite the fact that when we order an installation and replacement, you are clearly asked what the existing connection is! I cancelled my order with AO, they mucked me about twice. In the end I got an independent gas safe engineer to disconnect the existing gas cooker, then I ordered an electric cooker from Currys. They delivered up the stairs and took away the old gas cooker without issue. I will never order from AO ever again.

“Misleading advertising ”

Written on: 17/10/2021 by StephenKavanagh (1 review written)

Brought a 55" Hisense tv from AO, I read all the reviews and the waffle AO had on there website regarding the tv. It has Alexa built in, the details said you can talk to the tv. WRONG, you have to download the Alexa app on your phone or buy another remote. It also says you can download apps just like your smart phone. WRONG, you have a limited number of apps from Vidaa that you can download, most are foreign, I'm in the UK. The tv is OK for what it was brought for but AO has refused to change there advert hence the 1 star. They don't want to listen to there customers, or Hisense during a 3 way conversation with Hisense and AO Hisense said its AOs website that is wrong and not a Hisense issue. Ended up buying an Amazon cube because Alexa and the apps are worth using

“Can get it right? I'm not holding my breath!”

Written on: 08/10/2021

A wasted day hanging around and an utterly unfair rebooking system. Having had all works in the kitchen carried out ready for the removal of an old range cooker and delivery and installation of a new SMEG one, the whole day went to pot. The tracking update on the day showed progressively later ETAs. From 1pm to 10pm in two hour increments. Called and left messages with the driver twice with no response. Called AO's excellent and hard-pressed customer services team and spoke with the very helpful person(which in meant a wait of over 20 minutes in the queue). She couldnt get a response from the driver or AO's 'Expert Logistics' team on the night. Posted on AO's Facebook page and got no response. Needless to say, it didnt get delivered and what's worse is that when customer services rebook your delivery, you simply go back in the system for the next available delivery, some 2 weeks after AO's first failure (meaning that the cooker will have to be removed, stored and reloaded which significantly increasing the risk of transit damage) - and no, you're not a priority, you just get the same service as anyone buying a product and booking a delivery on the day. My two previous purchases with AO were perfect, but they were relatively small items and delivered by DPD. So, if it doesnt get delivered again, I'll vote with my wallet and cancel the order and I'll exercise my right not to ever buy from AO again. Surely the priority is to prioritise and sort failures and not just carry-on regrardless.

“A Fuming Customer”

Written on: 02/10/2021 by surfyboy73 (1 review written)

Ordered a Beko Tumble Dryer, Model DTLP71151W priced £333.10 from AO.com When the delivery drivers arrived with our dryer, we were told that he had accidentally delivered our tumble dryer to another customer by mistake. The drivers then left and came back around an hour later with our tumble dryer, however, it was unpackaged and damaged all down the one side. We rang customer services, who booked a replacement dryer in that coming Saturday (4 days later). On the Friday afternoon we received a call from customer services saying they couldn’t deliver it Saturday as they were fully booked (despite ours being booked in on that day). We now have to wait another week before our delivery….if it even arrives. To say AO are shambolic is an understatement. If Our replacement arrives damaged, they will be taking it back & give us a full refund. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER AT ALL