Mango Lounge, Windsor Reviews

• Quality of food

Mango Lounge, Windsor - Ask a question now

“Expected Better”

written by windsorcurryclub on 03/10/2012

Windsor Curry Club meets at a different restaurant each month, rating each experience for Flavour, Service, Atmosphere and Value for Money. We ask the restaurant to choose the menu in advance, giving them the opportunity to serve their best. We visited the Mango Lounge in August 2012. This was the club's second visit to the restaurant the last time being January 2011. The restaurant charges 25% more than the average for a meal in Windsor, so we expected something very special. We were greatly disappointed. The starters were bland followed by a poor choice of mains. A dish of King prawns were coated in something that turned them rock hard. The Mango Lounge is one of the few restaurants to serve us a desert, Carrots pudding with mango kulfi and fruit compote. We would have preferred more attention had been given to the main, however the desert was excellent. Windsor Curry Club rated the modern style Mango Lounge “6.03” out of 10. The total cost of the meal (Inc. Drinks & Service) was £42.00 a Head.

Ellacorr's Response to windsorcurryclub's Review

Written on: 14/10/2012

As a regular visitor to Windsor and The Mango Lounge, I would hazard at a guess that, perhaps Mango Lounge was a tad too sophisticated for these guests.
It certainly isn't your average curry restaurant..........
Still, you can't please all the people......all the time.

Read 1 Comment

“Visited the Mango Lounge for the first time with...”

written by on 17/10/2010

Visited the Mango Lounge for the first time with friends. We had an excellent meal. The menu was different to all other indian restaurants I have been to. Great food, great service and great atmosphere. I will be returning and highly recommend it.

“I had supper there last Sunday with my best friend who...”

written by geeamanda on 26/11/2009

I had supper there last Sunday with my best friend who had come up from Devon for the weekend and we wanted to go somewhere special in Windsor, I had heard about the Mango Lounge, but hadnt tried it yet.
I am now FAN..... this isnt just excellent food - its an ART form, each dish was served with such attendence to detail, it was beautiful food and it tasted delicious!
The King Prawn starter with the small shot glass of yogurt and chutneys was a delight to behold.
One of the mains was too hot for me and the waiter immediately brought me over some plain yogurt and recommended a mango and yogurt drink to cool my taste buds, a perfect solution.
I didnt think I could squeeze in another thing, but found my favourite of all time puddings on the menu, sticky toffee pudding that had a home made ice cream on the side that blew me away.... utterly amazing...
The evening was wonderful and I havent stopped telling all my friends about it since, Windsors best kept secret...

“Food and service out of this world. Friendly and...”

written by on 23/11/2009

Food and service out of this world. Friendly and professional staff, Passionate chef, extensive menu and cosy atmosphere.

“This was the first time I've been to Mango Louge, upon...”

written by on 23/11/2009

This was the first time I've been to Mango Louge, upon a recommendation from a friend. The food was absolutely amazing, and on the whole, I would genuinely rate this as the best Indian restaurant experience.

The menu is different to typical menus found at Indian restaurants - the chef's specials are not to be missed! The quality of ingredients was to very high standards - well cooked dishes, preserving all tastes and textures.

The staff was very friendly and knew on the menu very well. They were able to talk to us about each dish and make us recommendations according to our tastes. We were also fortunate to be able to meet the Head Chef, who was very friendly and a pleasure to talk to.

Value for money.... definitely! You are paying for the standards, the pure ingredients, and the art of the Head Chef... worth every penny!

“I came here last week for a friend's birthday with...”

written by David2010 on 08/11/2009

I came here last week for a friend's birthday with high expectations but we did not have a good time at all.
It was very loud and noisy in the restaurant and quite cramped, the food didn't really taste like restaurant food it was more of food you'd expect from a takeaway shop.
After the meal my friends and I were just chatting and the waiter came over to us and rudely told us that they needed our table so could we hurry up and pay!
I was very irritated by this actually as we were paying customers and should not be treated in this way.
I do not wish to go back to the mango lounge at all, I was very disappointed by the all round experience including food and service!

Polly0123's Response to David2010's Review

Written on: 08/11/2009

Unfortunately I had a similar experience to you, Mango Lounge wasn't what I expected at all. I didn't enjoy my time there and I hope I never get invited to eat there again

Read 1 Comment

“Brilliant food. Billiant staff. I will be coming back...”

written by on 10/05/2009

Brilliant food. Billiant staff. I will be coming back to the Mango Lounge, Windsor!

“Mango Lounge in Windsor serves the best Indian food...”

written by on 18/02/2009

Mango Lounge in Windsor serves the best Indian food for a long time, chef is excellent and will tailor make your food to however you want

“We visited the Mango Lounge for dinner last night and...”

written by mkatlow on 05/01/2009

We visited the Mango Lounge for dinner last night and we were certainly impressed. The food was delicious and the presentation was very attractive. The staff were very attentive and courteous. Excellent value for money as they were very reasonably priced. I highly recommend you visit the Mango Lounge while you're in Windsor. You will enjoy your experience.

“It was a lovely dining experience. My husband and I...”

written by sneets on 14/03/2008

It was a lovely dining experience. My husband and I were pleased to see such a lovely menu, with scallops as a starter and a different twist to the food. Very similiar to the Cinnamon Club in London which is my favourite Indian restaurant in London, and to have the Mango Lounge so close to home is just fantastic. Please try the cocktails and if you decide to go make sure you take time to really enjoy the whole experience. We spent over two hours in the restaurant and took our time ordering out food, the desserts were amazing. I would recommend it to everyone.

“Overall a small but very enticing restaurant, for just...”

written by on 18/02/2008

Overall a small but very enticing restaurant, for just about anyone, from children to business groups. Very well done.

“I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and will be sure to be...”

written by simon hawkins on 03/02/2008

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and will be sure to be back, as soon as I can. the whole menu is just sooo tempting and the standards are high. Don't be surprised to see this place receive an award!

“Good food , great location, friendly staff”

written by roger white on 02/02/2008

Good food , great location, friendly staff

“Will be going back soon. ”

written by Pennymoneypenny on 01/02/2008

Will be going back soon.
Decor is really contemporary.
Has to be the best Indian in Windsor

Simon Hawkins's Response to Pennymoneypenny's Review

Written on: 03/02/2008

This review gave an accurate picture of what to expect from this restaurant. There was no exaggeration and the points made were clear and concise. A good review.