Hayes Garden World Reviews

• Range of Products

Hayes Garden World - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“On a regular visit to Hayes with my husband I...”

Written on: 10/12/2016 by Lane419 (1 review written)

On a regular visit to Hayes with my husband I purchased three small items, going through a checkout at a similar time to him going through a parallel counter, I then waited for my spouse at the end of the other checkout. When his items had been counted the person at the till turned to me and asked had I paid for the goods in my hands. I visibly had had the receipt. She questioned whether I had all the items on my receipt. She then said it is not that I don't trust you but have all the items… Read Full Review

“Check before you buy”

Written on: 19/05/2016 by Hahndd296 (1 review written)

If you buy something make sure it works before you leave,we bought some blue bell solar lights when we got home 70 miles away they were in bits in the bottom of the box the box was unmarked we spent £120 this visit sent hays email with till receipt number product code everything this was 2 weeks ago and we have had nothing back very poor after sales well no after sales service even a email telling me they didn't believe me would have been something we visit Ambleside 5 -6 times a year and… Read Full Review

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 15/03/2016 by mzSanders263 (1 review written)

While the staff appeared reasonably helpful before the sale, the after-sales service is really poor. They don't return calls or reply to emails once they have your money. They seem to have found a way of manipulating one of the other review sites - after some very poor reviews, many excellent ones arrived all on the same day… Read Full Review

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“A Jack of all trades business which ticks none of the...”

Written on: 15/04/2012

A mishmash is the best description, they seem to be unclear as to whether they want to market garden equipment, plants, seeds, clothes, furniture or anything else you can think of. The problem is that nothing is done properly. This was until recently the place to go for better quality plants seeds and advice as to planting growing and etc. Now it is smoke and mirrors and very expensive… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2012

I visited this store today and it was an absolute pleasure to be there. The staff were hugely helpful (despite having 2 or 3 buses to deal with at the same time) and their knowledge on all types of products was endless. I was given some fantastic tips on what plants to plant when and how best to look after them. Of course they have had to diversify into other areas like food and clothes but i imagine this is because everybody else has had to do the same to keep their heads above water. You dont go in to tesco and just expect to find beans on a shelf, you can go in there for anything from TV's to shoes now!
An excellent store with excellent staff, you can easily spend a day here. Parking is free although i did see a clamp so look out for signs!) and they have a huge cafe.
Well worth a visit

Read 1 Comment

“Warning! Products received, not as described and shown”

Written on: 13/12/2011 by bluesteve (1 review written)

I purchased a 7.5ft Colorado Spruce Xmas tree Nov 2011. I deliberated over it as it was £210 plus £5 delivery. A lot for an xmas tree in my mind. I decided it looked good in the close up of the photo... full with lots of branches and few gaps, so i purchased it as i thought it would also be a tree to use for many years. What i received to my disappointment was a tree that was not as described or shown in the photo. A mix of old fashioned tinsel branches and conical rubber type cones. it… Read Full Review

Trulymad's Response to bluesteve's Review

Written on: 17/10/2012

That's outrageous.

I was thinking of purchasing a fairly pricey Christmas tree from Hayes Garden World, but your experience has put me right off. I'm glad I Googled for reviews first.

Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Read 1 Comment

“We went out of our way to visit Hayes Garden World,...”

Written on: 07/07/2008 by jeeping (9 reviews written)

We went out of our way to visit Hayes Garden World, having been attracted by the website, and a previous visit to the Ambleside store. This store is between Leeds & York.

If it was my store I would be thinking of closing the store and starting again, it really was that poor (2007)… Read Full Review

Garden on Amazon