Xoom Reviews - www.xoom.com

Xoom - www.xoom.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Xoom - www.xoom.com

Xoom - www.xoom.com

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 05/02/2021 by treasurersrf (1 review written)

The first time I was able to send money overseas with no problem. Since then, every time I try tp send, my transaction is canceled. When inquiring as to why, I get no clear answer on the phone. Email states a "security" concern which is pretty generic. Last time was the worse. Person would not work with me as to cause even after all the identifying information was provided. Guess I'll go back to WU with the higher fees.

“Misleading Transaction Time; Xoom As Bad as a Payday...”

Written on: 05/10/2020 by Kelley356 (1 review written)

I was redirected to Xoom from my PayPal account page, in order to send money to a relative in an emergency. As I was filling out my personal information and the recipient's, my old address shows on the Xoom page to enter my cc info, and there's no way to edit it. (I moved over a year ago and updated all my cc address info at the time. I was surprised to see my old address, given that PayPal has had my current one for over a year.) Also, in the transaction process of filling information out online, the estimated time for recipient to have a deposit is written as 1 to 15 minutes upon transaction completion. It was the reason I continued with the process.... After receiving a completed transaction code, a vaguely worded email came to me asking to contact Xoom either by reply or call. I had to examine the email closely. Then, I did both--replied to the email saying it was I and called its CS. The CSR, after asking personal questions about why I was sending money (I objected and gave reason as "Other" on the online form) then announces that the deposit would take 1 business day. Allegedly it's in the Service Agreement. Nowhere in the process did a box appear to check that I had read and understood such agreement. The email I received asking to contact Xoom had a link to a Service Agreement. First time that aspect of the process appeared. To repeat the Subject line: Xoom misleads account holders about its transaction times to send money within the U.S. It has the corporate, predatory "personality" of a payday lender that deceives its loan customers by taking what the customer thinks are loan payments and calling them "loan renewal fees." Xoom has similar, deceitful intentions in its online forms to send money--lead the account holder one way, then not fulfill its advertised transaction times. Its excuse is fraud prevention. Not buying that. Xoom knows beforehand it will take a new account --maybe all accounts-- 24 hours to have its money transfer deposited. If a prospective sender saw a 24 hour time frame up front, he or she would wait a day and go to a bank or find another, faster means via a phone or pc. Sucks to be Xoom. And Xoom sucks. Caveat emptor. It will clip you in ways large and small, knowingly and intentionally. To sum up and repeat once again, Xoom is intentionally misleading and has the scruples of the worst payday lender. Definitely my first and last time using its "services." And I would not recommend to anyone, regardless what it advertises.

“Delay in delivering or transfering Molney period. ”

Written on: 07/07/2020 by Rammenon (1 review written)

Don't believe these Xoom. For me it took more than one week to get the money in my account. When ever we call they are telling sorry for that sorry for that. Thee is no guarantee they transfer the money on time. Better search for other way to transfer money. The advertisment and promises is saying within 24 hours. For me it took more than one week and above. So better to look another way to transfer fund specially in another currency.

“Very poor customer service”

Written on: 16/10/2019 by paul3262 (1 review written)

This is a true review XOOM I am trying to transfer my own money from my own account in USA to my own account in UK I sent all documents required so that my account could get verified My first $100 transaction I had to answer lots of security questions that's fine but then I asked will I have to answer all these again NO SIR Great Transaction 2 $1,000 once again I had to answer every question going before they released my money so then I asked will I have to answer all these again NO SIR Great Guess what transaction 3 $10,000 same phone call more questions then transaction put on hold no explanation then told 2-3 days now told one more day (STILL NO MONEY) So I thought ok well my money is on its way apparently so transaction 4 another $10,000 this time no phone call no email just cancelled ???? I rang them sorry sir we could not verify your account WHAT but I have spoke to you for the last 5 days sorry sir Ok what do you need to verify your account Sorry sir we can not discuss that with you What a shambles They offer a good rate but what's the point when you cant get your own money transferred Rubbish service worse I have ever used Please DO NOT use Use Currencies Direct OR TransferWise both fantastic This is a very true account of what has happened

“Horrible Service”

Written on: 14/08/2019 by Powersvt114 (1 review written)

This company is a joke. I am trying to send $500.00 to a friend in China and they requested further verification. I first informed the service personnel that I have been a Paypal customer for over 20 years and have around 2000 positive feedbacks on eBay. I further stated that I have easily spend over $50,000 over the years. At first when they wanted further verification I was hesitant in giving out my government id (drivers license) but after being given assurances of the securities of Xoom, I relented... But I did remind them that I am hesitant because Capital One, Wells Fargo, Esperian, eBay, and Paypal (parent company) have all been hacked. Anyway, even after communicating with them with the cellphone number listed on the account, my personal email listed on the account for 20 years and a copy of my California Real Id Driver's License... they still denied the request. I basically wasted over 1 hour of my time for nothing and now 1 more company has my personal information. The first service personnel I spoke with was Van and later I spoke with a supervisor. I actually had to call back because they promised a call back within 10 minutes but never did. In the end, I had a horrible experience and would never recommend this service to anyone!

“Rubbish”

Written on: 31/07/2019 by Wallapau (1 review written)

Opened an account and succesfully transferred 2 transactions then done a 3rd to the same recipient same details only to get a message to call them where they said the verification process failed so transcation cancelled and i couldnt use xoom again and my money will take 3 to 5 days to get back to my account when i asked what they needed verifying they couldnt tell me sayinng it would compromise there process utter useless

“The worst internet experience ever”

Written on: 15/04/2019 by Starbuttz (1 review written)

TOTALLY INEPT AND AGGRAVATING. Despite having used them before and having an account for a couple of years, and having been a Paypal customer since they became requisite for Ebay, and having the same bank account, billing address, phone number for years, they decided my recent transfer request was suspicious. Even after THREE 20 minute calls to their absolutely useless help center, answering all of the questions correctly time and time again, they cancelled my transfer after about a week of communications. Oh, And they blocked my account so I cannot access it any more. NEVER USE THIS USELESS "SERVICE"!!!!

“Incompetent Verification Procedure”

Written on: 27/03/2019 by CodeSchlocker (1 review written)

Do not expect a large transfer ($10,000) to be handle expeditiously. I get a call everyday since requesting their service, asking for yet other forms of verification. I'll stick to my bank making wire transfers for me, in the future. I'm still in the process of this transaction, but, after reading these reviews, I don't have much hope. If they call me again tomorrow, I will cancel.

“Stupid System”

Written on: 03/01/2019 by imShaw378 (1 review written)

Somehow a fraudulent transaction was processed using my account. I couldn't think of how that could have happened other than an inside job. I was able to finally get my money back but I think from my bank itself and not from them. I kept my faith on them so I tried to give them another try but this time they would not reset my account and wouldn't let me do any kind of transfers anymore. They asked me all these security questions and was able to answer all of them but at the end they told me that I couldn't use their service anymore. I called customer service and asked them what is the reason why I couldn't use them anymore and what did I need to do. All they can say was "I'm sorry but unfortunately I can't disclose to you any information" So I had my daughter in the US open an account under her name to send me money while I'm in a different country and that was also denied and again she called customer service to ask them why. Same exact answer "I'm sorry but unfortunately I can't disclose to you and information". How stupid is that! How can we correct what needs to be corrected in order for us to use their service. But anyway, who needs them. I can get a better service from another remittance company. They don't seem to care if they lose customers. So beware of them taking your money and then giving you a hard time later on.

“Read the reviews first in the future.”

Written on: 30/12/2017 by wfDavis164 (1 review written)

I should have read the reviews first. Trying to send money from an account in US to account in Japan was a complete waste of time and resources.

“Bad service from PayPal”

Written on: 15/09/2017 by 1972Matthews (1 review written)

Since xoom is part of PayPal is not the same it is so difficult to send money ! You do all the paper work and when you want to complete it it goes to pay pal and stops! You can not do anything else I been trying to send money to Guatemala since last week and I can't!! It sucks!!

“Excessive Irrelent Verification Process”

Written on: 08/09/2017 by Neb2000 (1 review written)

This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.They should just have a recording because they had one script and kept repeating the same thing no matter what I asked. I asked to speak to a manager and they had the same script which told me it was unlikely I was speaking to a manager. Note to Xoom: You aren't fooling anyone.It was like talking to a robot with no brain and no common sense. I signed up for Xoom providing everything they requested. Then they called and wanted to verify who I am, asking numerous questions. I answered every question. All was good. Next they came back and asked for my passport and copy of my bank statement which was not part of the initial request for data. I sent a copy of my passport and told them I only have online bank accounts. I took a photograph of the applicable bank account and sent it to them. With this they had my name, bank account number, the amount in my account, my passport, address, and phone number. They said that wasn't good enough. I had to provide the full bank statement in a PDF format. My full bank statement has 4 different accounts. I asked if I could print the entire statement and white out the other accounts not relevant to Xoom transactions. They said no. I asked if I could have my bank send a letter stating I am a member, my address, account number and amount in my account. They said no. I asked why I should give them 4 accounts data and she just kept repeating that I had to provide the full statement. Speaking to them ( all 4 people) added no value and no solution. I asked what would prevent an employee of Xoom from taking money from my other accounts. She said they were a big company and honest. I asked to speak to a manager twice. Both times a different person came on the line and simply repeated the same story. I do not believe I spoke to a manager. No manager from an established reputable company would simply keep saying the same thing over and over like a robot. I asked what the solution was since I would not give them all of my banking accounts. They simply repeated the same thing. I had my transactions cancelled and advised I would share my experience online and also share my issues with PayPal. Interesting within a couple hours I received an email stated they completed verification.... with no additional statement. It takes allot to make me mad but these people are ridiculous. Also I get tired of speaking to someone who can hardly speak English.

“Pain in the Butt”

Written on: 08/08/2017 by IsabelDiaz (1 review written)

Miserable experience and after over 30 days, sending them statements and my passport they still can't seem to figure it out. They tell me I am verified. I try to send it and they unverified me again. I have spent almost 2 hours on on this with multiple phone calls and every time they end with "Everything is showing verified" then I try to send and they tell me I am not verified. I told them after the 4th call if they did it again I would let people know my experience. Find someone else. Its just $100, sheesh.

“fraudulent charges to my bank account”

Written on: 07/05/2017 by ciMonahan166 (1 review written)

last year xoom debited my bank account in excess of $1000... i had never heard of xoom until that transaction... i researched xoom.com and found it was a subsidy of paypal.com and used in large part to send money into the global community... i had to have my bank give me NEW account numbers and delete my atm card... eventually i got a reimbursement of my funds... today i find (about 10 months later) that again my account had been debited in excess of $100 (the same amount but 1 less zero)... the question remains how did xoom get ahold of my account number...

“Terrible servicio”

Written on: 29/04/2017 by UlisesBarry (1 review written)

No lo recomiendo es una compania muy mal servicio, no la recomiendo.

“So worth it!”

Written on: 25/03/2017 by xhSchneider24 (1 review written)

Hi, I've been using Xoom for a few years now. I have sent money transfers to both banks and cash pick up locations in Guatemala City and Quetzaltenango and the recipients have been able to withdraw the money within minutes and at most 60 minutes. The reason for reviewing the comments is due to my traveling plans to Antigua Guatemala... wanted to see if anyone has sent themselves money to be picked up when they were travelling to a destination. I was hoping to avoid dollar conversion for quetzals and dealing with lower exchange rates then those being paid by Xoom.

“Xoom worked well for me.”

Written on: 23/03/2017 by Clarkmn38 (1 review written)

I was stranded in Mexico with no funds. So I sent some money by Xoom to a friend of mine here. It was the first time I ever used Xoom. It did take five days to process, but it did get here, and the pickup was no problem at all. For a fee of $4.99 I think it is well worth it. I only sent a small amount $250. I understand there are more delays and problems sending large amounts. That makes sense to me, too. I expect the next time I use Xoom it will process quicker. Overall I give four stars. I only wish it could be a little faster.

“solo en 3 horas”

Written on: 18/03/2017 by Holmesec489 (1 review written)

en 3 horas tenia la transferencia hecha a un bnco en Mexico.. para mi funcionó excelente!

“Sucks”

Written on: 13/02/2017 by AaliyahSutton73 (1 review written)

Xoom is sucks Been a sending for a year already and all of a sudden they ask to increase my limit they close my account because i dont want to increase my limit

“Could not send money. Terrible customer service.”

Written on: 10/02/2017

After sending them all the paperwork, they cancelled the transaction. After going through layers of customer service, they tell me that my account could not be verified, but could not tell me why because it would "comprimize" their verification process. So, no help whatsoever. I cancelled my account with them. I didn't like anything about them.