AGV Longway Flip-up Helmet Reviews

• Comfort

• Protection

• Quality

AGV Longway Flip-up Helmet - Ask a question now

“this helmet looks great,but do yourself a favour and...”

Written on: 27/04/2011

this helmet looks great,but do yourself a favour and dont buy one the wind noise at high speed is horrendous visibility is poor,wind whips round the back off it.I use it very occasionaly by my Mrs… Read Full Review

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“I ride a classic BMW R65, I use a screen so the riding...”

Written on: 05/09/2010

I ride a classic BMW R65, I use a screen so the riding position is upright and this is definitely the quietest helmet I have ever used. Comfort level is high, even with a stereo bluetooth intercom system. As I am in the tropics, heat is an issue, and I find the AGV longway to be well ventilated. Additionally, when riding through a tropical downpour, the helmet is watertight. I consider it to be very good value for money… Read Full Review

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“I wanted an agv helmet, paid top whack and am very...”

Written on: 17/06/2010

I wanted an agv helmet, paid top whack and am very disappointed. It is so noisey that it makes a nice ride out a torture. The build quality is terrible. The wind entry on top just comes off, the chin strap is fiddly and often not locked properly and the strap works its way loose so needs constant adjustment. More worryingly the coating must have come off the visor, it looks constantly misted up and in evening sunlight is simply dangerous. I wont be using the helmet again, its sitting on the… Read Full Review

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Bought to replace my Lazer flip as it has very good...”

Written on: 23/04/2010

Bought to replace my Lazer flip as it has very good reviews. It looks good and the finish and comfort is very good although the lining could maybe a little thicker. The buckle on the chinstrap is fiddly and does not always clip in first time. Noise level even with ear-plugs is very high over about 40mph. On my helmet the anti-glare finish has lifted on the visor £40 to replace! And in bad weather the visor also mists up very quickly. All in all I found this helmet a bit of a disappointment,I'm… Read Full Review

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Although i have not owned the helmet for long enough...”

Written on: 21/02/2010 by provisionalrider (1 review written)

Although i have not owned the helmet for long enough to write a real review (1 day) but i know that i got an amazing deal with mine and no matter what happens with the helmet i only paid £63.99 from hein gericke, sorry if i spelt it wrong, because it was in the sale, it went down from £129.99 to £79.99 right down to £63.99.

So far i love the helmet and the only problem that i have with it is that if i take it off with the face bit down it really hurts the top of my head, and i know it does… Read Full Review

Moonjoose's Response to provisionalrider's Review

Written on: 05/03/2010

You're supposed to flip the front up before removing the helmet or putting it on.

Read 1 Comment

“This is a very nice helmet for the price, it fits well...”

Written on: 28/09/2008

This is a very nice helmet for the price, it fits well and is fairly quiet except at high speeds, there is good vision to the side of the visor and everything works well, it has a nice quality feel without being heavy which is a big drawback with many 'flip-fronts'.
Riding in thick mist the other morning the visor did mist up a little even when open one notch but this was in very wet mist!
I think it's a really good helmet especially for the money… Read Full Review

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“Nice comfy helmet, great looking. Just the wind noise...”

Written on: 16/09/2008 by benman (1 review written)

Nice comfy helmet, great looking. Just the wind noise id the problem (but only at high speeds)… Read Full Review

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“The matt finish on the AGV Longway helmet looks...”

Written on: 13/07/2008 by moonjoose (3 reviews written)

The matt finish on the AGV Longway helmet looks fantastic, it's light (for a modular helmet), comfortable and reasonably quiet. The flip front is really easy to open, even with gloves on, which makes paying for fuel, lass hassle. For people with larger ears (like me), putting the helmet on with the front flipped up is really easy and pain free. I'm really pleased with this helmet. For the money, you will not find a better modular helmet, and matt finish is really unique… Read Full Review

Moonjoose's Response to moonjoose's Review

Written on: 05/03/2010

I'm about to buy a second one of these. My Longway has seen 20,000 miles in all weather, and I'm still happy with it. Just fancy a different colour now. :-)
<br/>
<br/>This helmet scores 4 out of 5 in the SHARP tests.

Read 1 Comment

“The AGV Longway helmet is good value for money, looks...”

Written on: 28/06/2008

The AGV Longway helmet is good value for money, looks good, comfortable, a good budget helmet that ticks all the right boxes and you dont have to spend hundreds of pounds… Read Full Review

Click here to buy Car & Motorbike Accessories on Amaon

“I have now owned the AGV Longway flip up helmet for 6...”

Written on: 10/01/2008 by 2lippy (21 reviews written)

I have now owned the AGV Longway flip up helmet for 6 months, its time for a review and I wanted to really like this helmet.... for me it is the best looking flip up helmet and looks like a sport lid when down, the white and black version called the 'Longway' caught my eye and I had to have it.
The inner of the helmet is really nice, the ear area has a nice cut out and I have good sized ears that can sometimes be a problem in a helmet but not the AGV. This also becomes a huge advantage when I… Read Full Review

Bfcarter's Response to 2lippy's Review

Written on: 04/08/2009

I found this review very helpful because I too have recently purchased an AGV Longway Daytona and like it very much. It is confortable (a bit tight to remove though) & the cut outs for the ears is a good idea. I don't have any issues with the visor as I never ride with the helmet flipped open but I have recently experienced a problem when it rains. The top right edge of the visor does not seal when down fully on the helmet thus letting water in. It is as if the visor is slightly too big and doesn't seal correctly. As I only purchased the helmet three weeks ago I returned it to the shop & they tried a visor from another Longway. This was exactly the same so it would appear my helmet is possibly from a faulty batch. The shop have sent it away for examination. At the time of writing I am still waiting for a response.

Buy Products