Joys Homemaker PF8001 Computer Sewing Machine Reviews

• Style

• Service & Support

Joys Homemaker PF8001 Computer Sewing Machine - Ask a question now

“Waste of money ”

Written on: 23/06/2020 by eaRamos45 (1 review written)

I bought the Joys Homemaker machine because I didn’t have much money to spend on the more expensive branded name machine on the market. I wish I hadn’t! After only 6 months the electrics started playing up and I tried to get in touch with Joys to sort it out. It was EXTREMELY difficult to get in touch and in the end I decided to take it straight to the workshop. The address was EXTREMELY difficult to find and when I eventually found it I couldn’t get in. I had to ring the number… Read Full Review

“DONT BUY IT READ THE REVIEWS”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by 379Penn (1 review written)

I have purchased this machine as an art/textiles student. Since I have had it, it has never worked for me. The instructions (poorly written and misspelt) were not clear and extremely brief with only a few pictures to guide along. When buying a sowing machine I would advise to spend a little extra money, because with this machine you get what you pay for. Poor service from the company to match the poor machine… Read Full Review

“These machines are also sold under the name of Apparel...”

Written on: 06/12/2010 by Bill109 (1 review written)

These machines are also sold under the name of Apparel Craft Equipment (ACE) Ltd. This is just another name for Joys Sewing Machines. Many reviews can be found for Joys Sewing Machines and Apparel Craft Equipment (ACE) Ltd. You get what you pay for, so don't be surprised if you don't get a lot.

Will only buy decent brands in the future.

“Such a bad bad bad service!!! ”

Written on: 02/10/2010

Such a bad bad bad service!!!

Please do not buy from this company!!! the service is absolutely awful.

I bought my 3 & 4 thread overlocker in march. When I received the parcel I was so excited and couldn't wait to get started on my projects that I had mounting up that I had it set up within 2 minutes of being handed the parcel by the postman.

So with much anticipation I turned on the "ON" switch.....only to find it had NO POWER!!!!
SO after 2 1/2 hours of calls and waiting on return calls I… Read Full Review

Artymiss2013's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2013

oh dear ive had my 2 machines for nearly 2 yrs but used them infrequently just picked back up due to not working from ill health just took advantage of the garauntee now as my computer part on my homemaker 8001 not working ive got the overlocker too just ordered the embroidery machine hope ive not made a mistake as ive never read reviews till now but its like baseing ur holiday on a review if you go by that ud never go anywhere and ive so far had very good correspondance from ace even bought a janome ruffler and it wouldnt fit my shank sent it to the technician and he couldnt have been more helpful even sent me free shank to fit my foot hope this helps

Read 1 Comment

“I have had this machine for about 12 months and i can...”

Written on: 18/07/2010

I have had this machine for about 12 months and i can honestly say its the worst machine i have owned… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 15/06/2011

i have the same problem with the spool casing coming loose and have phoned 4 times but the person i need to speak to is never there so will have to try tomorrow .

Read 1 Comment

“I have had a new industrial walking foot sewing...”

Written on: 28/04/2010 by unicornleather (1 review written)

I have had a new industrial walking foot sewing machine from Joys.I've had it about 3 years now.
They did promise me some oil that was missing. A few other parts (coach bolts, cable ties,screws etc) were missing from the pack when it arrived but nothing I didn't have lurking in my workshop to enable me to replace them myself.
I built the machine and bought some more oil, they never did send me the oil despite their promises!
BUT I have found once you get used to it, it is fine, I have earnt… Read Full Review

“I wish that i had read all the reviews for the Joys...”

Written on: 23/02/2010 by SHAM10 (1 review written)

I wish that i had read all the reviews for the Joys sewing machines I also brought an overlocker to. Like everyone said do not touch these people at all they rip people off this is no lie. I have wasted a whole lot of money on two products from them which are worthless. They have know changed names and are calling them selves AEG SEWING MACHINES not to get mixed up with the good AEG company out there that sells televisions etc, I have seen so many complaints against them any other place would… Read Full Review

Jendora's Response to SHAM10's Review

Written on: 24/02/2010

I found this review very helpful because it warns potential customers not to buy the rubbish this company sells. The 10 year guarantee is a complete nonsence. I recently returned my overlocker for repair and I was charged the cariage both ways. Upon its return and within 10 mins of testing it out, it has broken again!

Jacampbell's Response to SHAM10's Review

Written on: 10/07/2015

I purchased my machine 6 years ago and It works properly. I have nothing to say against them

Read 2 Comments

“JSM Distributor Direct - PF 80001 ”

Written on: 17/01/2010

JSM Distributor Direct - PF 80001
Well what can I say. I would not touch this company with a bargepole and I wished that I had looked up on reviews before I purchased a machine from them. I was sucked in by good and excellent reviews they showed on their own website. The first machine I had recieved off them just did not sew at all so I returned it for repair and after around 3 months and many calls speaking to very unhelpful and not nice people and finally a personal visit by myself and my… Read Full Review

Jacampbell's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2015

I purchased my machine 6 years ago and works properly. I have nothing to say against them

Read 1 Comment

“You might as well rip up fifty pound notes. It...”

Written on: 14/09/2009

You might as well rip up fifty pound notes. It certainly would not be so frustrating. Your Joys Homemaker machine will spend months in their factory supposedly being repaired… Read Full Review

“I purchased the Joys Homemaker PF8001 just over 12...”

Written on: 26/06/2009

I purchased the Joys Homemaker PF8001 just over 12 months ago. I had not heard of it before and have always used Bernina Sewing Machines so I took quite some time to decide whether to purchase or not. In the end finance was the deciding factor, I could not afford another Bernina and had not been overly impressed with a machine of another brand that I had tried.
I have used the machine 2 -3 times every week and it has never let me down. I make clothes for my family and do a lot of quilting… Read Full Review

Mcla's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2014

Hi Do you know where I could get a manual for this machine - I have inherited one without the instruction book. Thanks Myron

Read 1 Comment

“Sent back the joys homemaker pf8001 machine because it...”

Written on: 09/04/2009 by mollymocat (1 review written)

Sent back the joys homemaker pf8001 machine because it would not sew properly.
Eventually came back, better, but not as good as it should have been.
Got it mended by some I used on my old machine and sold it for £5.00 less than I paid.(cost £85.00)
Better to buy a trusted brand which I did… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I wish I had saved my money, time and stress and...”

Written on: 21/08/2008

I wish I had saved my money, time and stress and avoided this company. I bought one of their machines, the Joys Homemaker PF8001 Computer Sewing Machine - mine can't sew more than 10 stitches without jamming or a piece falling off, it's poorly constructed, poorly documented and with the added bonus of poor service and some rude staff… Read Full Review

“The Joys Homemaker PF8001 sewing machine arrived with...”

Written on: 15/06/2008 by deannatrois (3 reviews written)

The Joys Homemaker PF8001 sewing machine arrived with loads of freebies (feet galore), threads, large extension table etc. Very good first impression. Then I tried to use it to sew.

Machine just kept jamming up inspite of my efforts to loosen the thread tension etc. etc. Company officially doesn't have a helpline phone number but on calling their sales line was given one. Lady sent some pdf help files (the manual is a very bad translation and is the usual gobbledegook you often find in… Read Full Review

“I was unsure about the Joys Homemaker PF8001 as I...”

Written on: 10/01/2008 by Kerenza (1 review written)

I was unsure about the Joys Homemaker PF8001 as I could find little feedback other than on the manufacturers own website. As it was so much cheaper than the competitors I was a little nervous but the return policy '30 money back guarantee' gave me the confidence to try it out. It is a fantastic machine and far exceeds my 2 previous top known brand machines for ability. It an only sew slowly in reverse, this took some getting used to compared to other machines I have had where I could whizz in… Read Full Review