Mr Kipling Manor House Cake Reviews

Mr Kipling Manor House Cake
1.5

Mr Kipling Manor House Cake - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mr Kipling Manor House Cake

“My wife and I had not had this cake for quite a while...”

written by AlanHolman on 18/02/2016

My wife and I had not had this cake for quite a while and were 'exceedingly' disappointed with the taste. Not as they used to be. Need to use the original recipe as something has been changed! Will not be buying it again!

“DISGUSTING ”

written by TylerHarrison on 18/03/2014

I can remember this cake from years ago and thought I would try it, well don't bother it's disgusting tasteless and very dry.... take it from me don't waste your money

“Pig Cake”

written by robjm75 on 02/07/2013

I love cake. I really love fruit cake. However I am disgusted with this large pork scratching of a cake. I had a bite of a slice while reading about the cake on the packaging and had to spit it out! I was in such a hurry to spit the pig out that I missed my swing bin and spat it on the floor. I then had to clear the floor. This whole situation has left me distressed. Being a vegetarian I thought that their "100% Natural Flavours" and "Baked with Free Range Eggs" advertisements on their packaging would make it suitable. But no, they had to go and pour in the pork fat. I am livid. Pig in a Fruit Cake? No thanks. I am livid. I now boycott Kipling and I don't care if he makes exceedingly good cakes.

“Pork fat cake !”

written by on 07/07/2012

This cake could be quite good if it wasnt full of sugar and they stopped using pork fat. Upon reading the ingredients for the first time ever, we were horrified. My husband rang Mr Kipling. He asked them had they heard of butter. Silence. They just sent coupons for free pork fat cakes. No thanks. Just stop using the pork fat, it is a disgusting practice.

“These are not suitable for vegetarians as the company...”

written by on 28/03/2011

These are not suitable for vegetarians as the company insist on using pork fat as it 'is the only thing that gives the right texture'.

A lot of their other prouducts also use Cochineal to dye the product red. This dye is made from crushed up beetles! There is really no need to do this in this day and age as other companies use alternatives such as beetroot dye. When I pointed this out to Mr Kipling, their reply was that Cochineal gives the best colour and that beetroot dye turns an orange colour "which is certainly not what you or retailers would want". What a silly thing to say.

Mr Kipling pride themselves on using free range eggs yet they are happy to use the outdated practice of using cochineal as a dye just because they think it gives the best colour. Some of their cake contains pork fat too. How 'natural', to have dead beetles and dead pigs in cakes!

“Mr Kipling Manor House Cake is light and crumbly with...”

written by on 16/10/2008

Mr Kipling Manor House Cake is light and crumbly with an even amount of fruit.

I think it could benefit from some malt added to it to give it a malty taste and a darker colour.

Really like the cake, just a little too small for my liking.

Asked by Atiyakhan on 12th December 2017 Report this content
Is the cake halal or not? Please let me know thanks.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site