marks & Spencer Lasagne Al Forno Reviews

1.3

marks and Spencer Lasagne Al Forno - Ask a question now

“Very, very disappointing, I Don, t know what they have...”

written by Armstr on 27/04/2024

Nasty taste. Need to go back to previous recipe. Will not buy this again

“Disgusting!”

written by Lafayetty on 20/12/2023

Ahh! I’ve never tasted anything so awful. Even my son called eating it a punishment. I’m so shockingly surprised, as I’ve never been disappointed in marks and spencer food. We bought this and the proclaimed ‘best one’, which we haven’t cooked. Hopefully, that is better than the al forno. Marks and spencerS, please take this rubbish off your shop, it does your brand no good. I wish I could give 0 stars, especially considering how much this cost!

Suewhalley's Response to Lafayetty's Review

Written on: 24/04/2024

I couldn't agree more. Just had my last one and it was disgusting. Sloppy and with no substance or taste. Won't be buying any more.

“Can no longer rely on M&S to provide quality products”

written by Worldlife on 14/07/2021

If I recall correctly Italian people collect this from bakers and expect it to be firm enough as take away food! Flavour is awful - immediate impression was taste and greasy texture of excess undrained fat from meat. A very poor English interpretation of a traditional Italian dish normally full of flavour from Oregano, Basil and Garlic. Perhaps this insipid product is that the Chef failed to use fresh flavouring ingredients and did not add sufficient inferior dried substitutes.

“A sloppy mess, an embarrassment to the name lasagne”

written by forestwalker on 21/02/2021

We have had a couple of these disbelieving the memory of the first horror could have been as bad as we remembered. Unfortunately time did not improve the sloppy, near tasteless mess being passed off as lasagne by M&S. This lasagne made the trauma of my childhood school lasagnias pale into insignificance. Utterly awful 1/10.

Worldlife's Response to forestwalker's Review

Written on: 14/07/2021

Agree totally - if I recall correctly Italian people collect this from bakers and expect it to be firm enough as take away food!
Flavour is awful - immediate impression was flavour and greasy texture of excess undrained fat from meat.
A very poor English interpretation of a traditional Italian dish normally full of flavour from Oregano, Basil and Garlic. Perhaps the Chef was too scared to add the correct amounts!

“Poor”

written by Thorntonnx1985 on 05/01/2020

This is not lasagne, it's sheets of pasta with a scraping of tomato paste.

“ratio of lasagna sheets to beef v.high”

written by AydenCastillo on 01/10/2018

For the price, this really should have more meat and sauce. Well flavoured, but so are many own brands at half the price. Expect better from M and Spencer