Marks & Spencer Cumberland Pie Reviews

2.5

Marks and Spencer Cumberland Pie - Ask a question now

“Cumberland pie”

written by Feralpom on 23/11/2023

A good hearty meal for one. Extremely well prepared and cooks easily to instruction.

“Potato pie more like ”

written by FionaBunniss on 22/02/2023

Appalling.....£7.50 for a tray of mash potato and a smattering of mince with no flavour at all,,, even our dog wasn’t bothered about it. Don’t waste your money.

“Cumberland Pie?”

written by GillDoherty on 28/03/2022

This Marks Cumberland Pie” is absolutely awful, dreadful and many other adjectives too rude and vulgar to put in print. I had 2 forkfuls and binned the rest. Talk about “where’s the beef”. It sure as hell ain’t in this p.p. Cumberland Pie. I implore you DON’T waste your money. Their Cumberland Pies are total rubbish.

“M&S Cumberland Pie. ”

written by 385McKnight on 30/01/2022

Oh dear...what a waste of good money! Mince in a rich gravy..no! Buttery mash...no! Cheddar cheese crumb....nope! Vile, TASTELESS, bland, MUSH. Don't waste your cash!! How much?!!!

“Its Totally Different Now vs the 2012 Days - Disgusting!”

written by Martin173 on 10/11/2021

When Marks & Spencer used the St Michael brand the quality and deliciousness of their Cumberland Pie was unmatched. It was sheer indulgence in my view. BUT, probably in a race to drop the calorie count and raise profits - they've totally screwed up their recipe and frankly - created a mushy cardboard of nothingness and charging a fortune for it. The only place this tuurd of a mistake is good for, is the trash bin. Don't waste your money. Hopefully Marks & Spencer wake up and stop ruining what was a winning formula in beautiful dinner recipes. The company is literally forcing me to buy more and more products from their competition - simply because they seem to have lost touch with what they were really good at in the food isle.

“Cumberland fish pie”

written by ylReid194 on 23/10/2021

This Cumberland fish pie, was absolutely horrible. The potatoes were the worst I have ever tasted, altogether a waste of money, and as a review before, I think even 50p would be too much.

“This pie Would be overpriced at £1. ”

written by Fatima1963 on 10/05/2020

M&S I have just read the reviews on this product, and so should you. I wish that I had read them prior to purchasing it. It is by far the worst tasting pie that I have ever tasted. It was like a pile of grainy tasteless mash over a meagre spread of dry minced beef. The mash was like eating cotton wool balls made out of that horrible powdered potato from yesteryear. My wife and I had this for dinner on 10/05/20 both disappointed and it ended in the bin. Try ASDA Cumberland pie, believe me there is no comparison.

“Chewy Fish Pie”

written by xjools1x on 25/04/2017

Tried this today and oh it was nasty! There is one large thick piece of white fish in the bottom of the container covered with mashed potato. The fish was chewy and I can't remember ever having eaten fish with gristle inside. I lost my appetite halfway through eating just the mash. Here's a clue, the cat even had to chew the first piece and didn't return for more.

“Stodgy goo!”

written by Dickyd123 on 03/11/2016

If you wish to eat a lot of stodgy mashed potato with a minimal amount of minced beef in rather too much gravy and, if you are lucky, find a bit of carrot, then try this!! Exhorbitant rubbish.

“not enjoyable”

written by marydoll10 on 25/09/2016

Yes it looked lovely in packaging..warm hearty dinner on a wet windy night Not very tasty and after eating There is a horrible aftertaste. Its not cheap ....go for something else.

“Cumberland FISH Pie”

written by Glonnie on 28/09/2015

We bought this as a special Sunday lunch treat. It Smelt and looked delicious - BUT when we tried to serve it, found that it seemed to be one big piece of cod - not flaked as is usual in a fish pie. The fish was therefore very tough and not particularly pleasant to eat - unlike the sauce and the topping which came up to expectations! Perhaps ours escaped the flaking process???

“Wot no fish”

written by on 01/09/2014

Cumberland fish pie purchased during August. Disgusted to find it had NO fish in it or cheese sauce. Only mashed potato. Difficult to take it back after I had cooked it and eaten it, still looking for the fish.

“Delicious!”

written by tonny2012tonny on 17/08/2012

If I could only eat 'one' thing for the rest of my life, it would be one of these babies! Cumberland pie the best of the best! :)

“delicious, satisfying, hearty and flavoursome - and...”

written by superkat on 13/10/2010

delicious, satisfying, hearty and flavoursome - and ready in the time it takes you to take off your shoes, pour yourself and large gin and tonic and relax.

Easy comfort food at its best.

“Marks and Spencer Cumberland Pie is far away my...”

written by lynseyh on 10/12/2008

Marks and Spencer Cumberland Pie is far away my favourite food on the planet. I usually have a small appetite but have just devoured one which is meant to serve 4 people! When I came back from a year's travelling it was the first thing I ate. Yum.

“As with the previous review my boyfriend and I could...”

written by on 26/02/2008

As with the previous review my boyfriend and I could eat this every night. We stocked up the freezer when it was on buy 1 get one 1/2 price! They have all been eaten now....

“I would eat this every day if my wife would let me! I...”

written by on 28/01/2008

I would eat this every day if my wife would let me! I am now looking on line to try to find simple recipes for Cumberland pie so I can impress her!